TPWW Forums

TPWW Forums (https://www.tpwwforums.com/index.php)
-   sports forum (https://www.tpwwforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   NFL 2012 Off-Season Thread (https://www.tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?t=117203)

Crimson 03-21-2012 01:39 PM

Jets back to being a laughing stock coming soon. Denver must be so relieved, they can just easily draft a backup now in a low round or sign someone.

Ermaximus 03-21-2012 01:43 PM

Can never take the Jets seriously ever again now.

Krimzon7 03-21-2012 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James Steele (Post 3801968)
He's been to 2 SuperBowls, won 1 SuperBowl, and been in handful of AFC Championship games. It takes more than a QB to win in the playoffs, so to just blow off what Peyton has done because they didn't win the SuperBowl every year is fucking absurd.

He's won 1 Super Bowl. In the other Super Bowl, Peyton Threw an interception that cost his team the game. In the handful of AFC Championships, he's had a handful of games where he threw multiple Interceptions and cost his team any chance of victory. It's absurd for you or anyone else to make Peyton Manning out to be some Championship winning Messiah. He's simply a great REGULAR SEASON QUARTERBACK. There's no shame in that.

Crimson 03-21-2012 01:48 PM

So let the Mark Sanchez meltdown clock begin. Over/under in what week will he get benched??

I'll say 10th week

Ermaximus 03-21-2012 01:49 PM

I'm gonna say week 3.

Evil Vito 03-21-2012 01:52 PM

<font color=goldenrod>In other news, the Madden 13 cover voting has begun, NCAA tourney-style. The idea was to have all 32 teams represented, however there is now no Rams rep (Brandon Lloyd to the Pats) or Broncos rep (Tebow to the Jets).

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/feature/madden2013cover

Cruz will easily get past the first round, but I feel compelled to vote against him. :o Damn Madden Curse.</font>

Crimson 03-21-2012 01:53 PM

Totally voting for any Giant

Evil Vito 03-21-2012 01:55 PM

<font color=goldenrod>Really with the NY vote I can easily see it coming down to Cruz vs. Tebow in the Final 4. Gonna have to take the chalk with Newton and Rodgers also making it to the Final 4.</font>

Innovator 03-21-2012 01:57 PM

Francesa is going to have a heart attack today.

Supreme Olajuwon 03-21-2012 01:57 PM

OMG did you guys hear the news?

Sean Payton and Gregg Williams suspended a long ass time.
Saints lose some draft picks.
Tim Tebow traded to the Jets.

What do you guys think about this crazy day of football?

Blakeamus 03-21-2012 01:58 PM

Fuck Roger Goodell....that is what I think.

Blakeamus 03-21-2012 02:01 PM

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-...37565094_n.jpg

Crimson 03-21-2012 02:02 PM

Why isnt Eli on the bracket for the Madden cover??? :mad:

Hanso Amore 03-21-2012 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krimzon7 (Post 3802189)
He's won 1 Super Bowl. In the other Super Bowl, Peyton Threw an interception that cost his team the game. In the handful of AFC Championships, he's had a handful of games where he threw multiple Interceptions and cost his team any chance of victory. It's absurd for you or anyone else to make Peyton Manning out to be some Championship winning Messiah. He's simply a great REGULAR SEASON QUARTERBACK. There's no shame in that.

OMG - STFU - QFT insert others.

Great QBs are Great QBs. Stop trying to split hairs. Fuck.

OssMan 03-21-2012 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vito Cruz (Post 3802194)
In other news, the Madden 13 cover voting has begun, NCAA tourney-style. The idea was to have all 32 teams represented, however there is now no Rams rep (Brandon Lloyd to the Pats) or Broncos rep (Tebow to the Jets).

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/feature/madden2013cover

Cruz will easily get past the first round, but I feel compelled to vote against him. :o Damn Madden Curse.

Really wish that people would understand the power they have and all vote for the least significant player, like Joe Haden or Brandon Lloyd.

OssMan 03-21-2012 02:15 PM

actually janikowski would be hilarious

Droford 03-21-2012 02:27 PM

Ray Rice is doomed in a good way...in the next matchup its Drew Brees..not even a chance...and then Aaron Rodgers if somehow a miracle happens. No Madden cover for Ray Rice makes me happy lol.

FearedSanctity 03-21-2012 02:28 PM

http://i.imgur.com/rMaWJ.gif

Droford 03-21-2012 02:29 PM

Of course, it could be like last year where people vote against their favorite players to keep them off the cover..hmm

Droford 03-21-2012 02:32 PM

Tebow on the cover would make perfect sense..he's not even gonna be the starter, so any "curse" on him would be probably limited.

Plus if he did suffer the curse, then we know John Madden > God

FearedSanctity 03-21-2012 02:33 PM

http://i.imgur.com/oUvIg.jpg

http://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=...ng&w=350&h=254

THE WEBER ERA BEGINS

Innovator 03-21-2012 03:17 PM

Adam Schefter ‏ @AdamSchefter Close
Filed to ESPN (1): Denver and Jets have encountered hangup in language in Tim Tebow's contract that could nullify trade.

Adam Schefter ‏ @AdamSchefter Close
(2) If the Tebow trade to Jets falls apart, St. Louis could wind up getting back into play. Sides sorting through details.

D Mac 03-21-2012 03:20 PM

And, the Chiefs are doing nothing. :mad:

CSL 03-21-2012 03:24 PM

would like to see the Broncos make another big splash and go after Jim Sorgi and/or Curtis Painter

James Steele 03-21-2012 03:28 PM

Roger Goodell is such a twat. He is trying to big dick his way again, and he continues to bastardize football. Football is a violent game. How long until they start fining/suspending coaches for encouraging players to "whoop their ass" or some other "overly aggressive" encouragement that could lead to a threat to "player welfare or safety". I was watching some clips on ESPN.com and Mort brought up a good point about how the sudden emphasis on player safety and stuff might have more to do with the league wanting an 18-game regular season moreso than actually giving a fuck about the players well being.

Next Big Thing 03-21-2012 03:38 PM

That sounds like more smoke and mirrors "I'm an expert" bullshit from Mort in my opinion. The current CBA is in effect for the next 10 years. The NFLPA would have to also agree to an 18 game schedule and the players aren't going for it.

I think it's got more to do with the lawsuit former players are putting together, especially since media jackasses like Skip Bayless kept replaying the Saints games against Favre and Warner and trying to imply that the hits they took were bounty motivated and hastened the end of their careers.

I wonder if Payton's suspension is more because he apparently lied and tried to cover it up and less about the actual bounty program? If he was honest about its existence and his knowledge of it, 1 year would be ridiculous.

Blakeamus 03-21-2012 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blakeamus (Post 3802203)
Fuck Roger Goodell....that is what I think.

A year suspension for a head coach? But when you have a dirty player like SUH in Detroit, doing the acts he did in CLEAR DAYLIGHT, disobeying the leagues rules, especially after you sit down with Goodell, you give him a couple games suspension and a slap on the wrist. Fuck that!

James Steele 03-21-2012 03:41 PM

Rams have got to fire Williams at this point. You can't keep a DC on payroll if you don't think he'll be on the sideline in 2 years.

MVP 03-21-2012 03:42 PM

I thought the punishment fit the crime. I'd just resign if I were Greg Williams.

CSL 03-21-2012 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blakeamus (Post 3802292)
A year suspension for a head coach? But when you have a dirty player like SUH in Detroit, doing the acts he did in CLEAR DAYLIGHT, disobeying the leagues rules, especially after you sit down with Goodell, you give him a couple games suspension and a slap on the wrist. Fuck that!

not at all the same thing

Blakeamus 03-21-2012 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Next Big Thing (Post 3802291)

I think it's got more to do with the lawsuit former players are putting together, especially since media jackasses like Skip Bayless kept replaying the Saints games against Favre and Warner and trying to imply that the hits they took were bounty motivated and hastened the end of their careers.

Fuck Skip Bayless! He's a fucking bandwagoner!

Blakeamus 03-21-2012 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CSL (Post 3802297)
not at all the same thing

Okay...I stand corrected. But what about Spygate? CHEATING the system? Did Bill get a ridiculous suspension for that?

James Steele 03-21-2012 03:46 PM

If it were the Patriots who did this, they'd have been heavily fined and all evidence would be destroyed.

CSL 03-21-2012 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blakeamus (Post 3802301)
Okay...I stand corrected. But what about Spygate? CHEATING the system? Did Bill get a ridiculous suspension for that?

cheating with a camera...offering money for injuring peers and potentially damaging their long-term personal health and livelihoods

Blakeamus 03-21-2012 03:53 PM

Goodell just wanted to make an example, I can understand he wanted to keep his ego in check. From him trying to make claims to "Who Dat?" to this crap...I really dislike the guy for making a decision like that. 4 to 6 game suspension, I would understand. But a year? Fuck that!

Blakeamus 03-21-2012 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CSL (Post 3802307)
cheating with a camera...offering money for injuring peers and potentially damaging their long-term personal health and livelihoods

Isn't that the nature of the game? They are getting paid regardless.

Blakeamus 03-21-2012 03:58 PM

I can see we got some Skip Bayless type people in here.

CSL 03-21-2012 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blakeamus (Post 3802316)

no, the nature of the game is not to collect bounties on top of a paycheck for intentionally trying to injure other professionals

Triple Naitch 03-21-2012 04:03 PM

The Law Firm is headed to the Bengals.

Next Big Thing 03-21-2012 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blakeamus (Post 3802316)

That's probably what makes it that much more suspect. I believe it would be different if you were talking about a group of defensive backs getting together and having a pool for who gets the most interceptions or linebackers having their own pool for who gets the most sacks or tackles.

Instead, you had a coach promoting a system where players were awarded for "knockouts" and "cart-offs" with "knockouts" being worth more than "cart-offs." It implies something a bit more sinister that goes beyond the nature of the game.

I also think Payton got it worse because apparently the Saints were warned, he allowed it to continue and lied to the commissioner's office about it.

Hanso Amore 03-21-2012 04:15 PM

Mark Andersen to the bills. Man, they are not lying when they said they decided to improve the pass rush.

Triple Naitch 03-21-2012 04:19 PM

Quote:

Noted Twitter presence and NFL Network analyst Warren Sapp (@QBKILLA) tweeted earlier that he knows who snitched on the Saints defense's bounty program.
Just Heard Who The Snitch Was
— Warren Sapp (@QBKILLA) March 21, 2012
Someone replied, "Shockey...?" And QBKILLA replied "BINGO!" Shockey played for the Saints from 2008-2010. They released him before the 2011 season, dumping money that would have come his way. He's conceivably the snitch.
Yes, CBS's Mike Freeman says that Shockey is not the snitch, but, then again, Freeman doesn't say who the snitch is, and he wouldn't be in a position to know conclusively who the snitch isn't unless he knows who the snitch is.
Alas, we're then back in a position where we're stuck trusting Warren Sapp's sources. God have mercy on us all.
UPDATE (4:05 p.m.): @JeremyShockey has Twitter words for QBKILLA:
@JLawMiamiDoll thx fuck them!! Sapp and a know where to find me
— Jeremy Shockey (@JeremyShockey) March 21, 2012
@QBKILLA really?? Wow did I also have something to do with the um scandal?
— Jeremy Shockey (@JeremyShockey) March 21, 2012

Droford 03-21-2012 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Triple Naitch (Post 3802326)
The Law Firm is headed to the Bengals.

lol, he won't do anything in the AFC North. Never carried the ball more than like 200 times a season..who cares if he's never fumbled?

I was worried they'd get Micheal Bush who's a way bigger threat..

SlickyTrickyDamon 03-21-2012 04:50 PM

I kind of find it hard to trust information about bounties by a guy who has a twitter handle called "QBKilla."

Nooooooooooooo!! BenJarvus Green-Ellis. :( I liked him. I wish him well with the Bengals.

MVP 03-21-2012 04:52 PM

Seems like a real dick move on the part of Warren Sapp.

Krimzon7 03-21-2012 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hanso (Post 3802209)
OMG - STFU - QFT insert others.

Great QBs are Great QBs. Stop trying to split hairs. Fuck.

U mad? What's wrong with you? Is it illegal to have a different fucking opinion than you? There is a difference between winning in the regular season and winning in the playoffs. Don't belittle that point just because PM doesn't live up to that standard. Denver brought him in to win Super Bowls, right? His body of work has proven that they would've been better served looking elsewhere.

Hanso Amore 03-21-2012 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlickyTrickyDamon (Post 3802390)
I kind of find it hard to trust information about bounties by a guy who has a twitter handle called "QBKilla."

Nooooooooooooo Benjarvus Green Ellis!!

When that guy is a Former All Pro that still covers the sport for networks, then I think it is an ok handle to trust.

Droford 03-21-2012 04:54 PM

Warren Sapp should go back to judging BBQ reality shows.

http://rocknrollghost.com/wp-content...exius_9545.jpg

Hanso Amore 03-21-2012 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krimzon7 (Post 3802395)
U mad? What's wrong with you? Is it illegal to have a different fucking opinion than you? There is a difference between winning in the regular season and winning in the playoffs. Don't belittle that point just because PM doesn't live up to that standard. Denver brought him in to win Super Bowls, right? His body of work has proven that they would've been better served looking elsewhere.

How many QBs have won Superbowls? How many havent. Its 50 to 1. What the shit are you going on about "look elsewhere". There is like 5 active qbs that have won a super bowl and Peyton is one of them. How would looking elsewhere ever give them a better chance.

Its not wrong to have a different opinion, but when they are as illogical as yours then that is the problem. You are just trying to cherry pick stats to downgrade Manning due to some random issue you have with him.

SlickyTrickyDamon 03-21-2012 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hanso (Post 3802397)
When that guy is a Former All Pro that still covers the sport for networks, then I think it is an ok handle to trust.

It's still an inappropriate twitter handle for somebody who works for the NFL.

Droford 03-21-2012 04:57 PM

Tebow to the Jets in trouble, might go to the Jaguars.

That would be hillarious on a couple levels.

Colts dump Peyton manning, he goes to Denver, Tebow goes to Jacksonville and haunts the Colts for the next 10 years even after Manning is in the Hall of Fame lol.

Krimzon7 03-21-2012 05:01 PM

Quote:

Nooooooooooooo!! BenJarvus Green-Ellis. :( I liked him. I wish him well with the Bengals.

Damn, add him to a backfield that includes Brian Leonard and Bernard Scott...I'm sure there's a plan here(hopefully it includes getting a workhorse)

SlickyTrickyDamon 03-21-2012 05:01 PM

Haunts must mean gives Colts 2 guaranteed victories by being a piss-poor passer Dro?

I really hope it's the Jets. Pats beating down that overrated Holier than thou Jesus freak twice a year would be sweet. It was pretty fun this year.

Droford 03-21-2012 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlickyTrickyDamon (Post 3802406)
Haunts must mean gives Colts 2 guaranteed victories by being a piss-poor passer Dro?

I really hope it's the Jets. Pats beating down that overrated Holier than thou Jesus freak twice a year would be sweet. It was pretty fun this year.

I find it hard to believe that you don't think he could become a better passer over a couple of years..the key to what I said is in the longer term.

FearedSanctity 03-21-2012 05:27 PM

Don't bother, Dro. We all know QBs learn and develop over time, but when it comes to Tebow everyone says that he can never get better ever. What he is now is what he will be for the rest of his career

Evil Vito 03-21-2012 05:33 PM

http://static.nfl.com/static/content..._120316_CP.jpg

ClockShot 03-21-2012 05:39 PM

A hang-up in the Tebow trade? Say it ain't so?

<IFRAME height=315 src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/WWaLxFIVX1s" frameBorder=0 width=420 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>

By the way, Francesca was must see TV this afternoon.

Blakeamus 03-21-2012 05:51 PM

I don't want to be looked at as a dick about this. I guess it's just a way of me defending a team I always was a fan of.

Blakeamus 03-21-2012 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vito Cruz (Post 3802438)

Oh please.

Emperor Smeat 03-21-2012 06:00 PM

:lol: Jets if they get Tebow because then the whole debate of Sanchez vs Tebow is going to be a lot worse than it was in Denver and :lol: if the deal is dead because the Jets forgot to read.

$5 million ends up being the snag and its due to the Jets just agreeing to the deal without actually reading the trade contract. They thought they would just get Tebow (and a pick) while just giving up 2 picks but instead they also have to pay cash to Denver.

According to ESPN, the Rams are the front runners to get Tebow and already have a trade deal in place if the Jets deal is voided.

ClockShot 03-21-2012 06:04 PM

Jags should get in on this too. Now or never for that team/town.

No offense, Ermax.

FearedSanctity 03-21-2012 06:06 PM

Jags won't seriously contend for Tebow because they WANT to move. If they get him they probably save their future in Jacksonville

FearedSanctity 03-21-2012 06:16 PM

http://i.imgur.com/9BaY6.png

DaveBrawl 03-21-2012 06:26 PM

Quote:

But he doesn't play for the Patriots anymore you have to wish bad upon him you said so yourself.

FearedSanctity 03-21-2012 06:40 PM

WAIT, WHAT?!

Quote:

Vic Lombardi ‏ @VicLombardi
I have a question to ask Jake Plummer on our show Monday night that may blow up the internet.

RT @JDForrer: Plummer should back up Manning!---->i'm hearing things. unsubstantiated. let him address it monday.

Easy. He hasn't played in five years. Highly doubtful. I just want to hear him say it.

RT @davehedin: He should be in shape from all the handball he's been playing!----would need to gain 30 pounds. He's 37. I'd be shell-shocked

Skippord 03-21-2012 07:01 PM

that would be pretty rad honestly

love Jake

FearedSanctity 03-21-2012 07:04 PM

The Forehead and The Beard.

Miss Jake so much

SlickyTrickyDamon 03-21-2012 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveBrawl (Post 3802504)
But he doesn't play for the Patriots anymore you have to wish bad upon him you said so yourself.

Ok Mr. Hold me accountable for what i say. I wish bad will on BenJarvus Green Ellis and the Bengals. Sorry Krimzon Dave refused to let me throw your team a bone of good will. Blame him not me :D

DaveBrawl 03-21-2012 07:11 PM

If my team gets no good will, no ones does. I should try to adopt the same attitude most people in here seem to have, although I don't really have the ability to be as condescending and arrogant as some.

DaveBrawl 03-21-2012 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FearedSanctity (Post 3802547)
The Forehead and The Beard.

Miss Jake so much

Me too.

SlickyTrickyDamon 03-21-2012 08:01 PM

I looked back at what I originally said and I clearly said that I wished bad will on all teams, NOT players. So, I take back the bad will I wished on the Lawfirm.

DaveBrawl 03-21-2012 08:05 PM

Well he plays for a team other than the Patriots therefore something bad happening to him would qualify as bad for the Bengals.

FearedSanctity 03-21-2012 08:05 PM

Supreme, what can you tell me about Andre Caldwell? Broncos just signed him apparently

Skippord 03-21-2012 08:27 PM

Adam Schefter ‏ <s>@</s>AdamSchefter Tim Tebow is being allowed to pick the team he wants to go to. He picks the trade. Jets or Jacksonville.

pretty classy of the Broncos

FearedSanctity 03-21-2012 08:28 PM

After they had originally just dumped him off in NY, yeah

Skippord 03-21-2012 08:34 PM

that totally never happened

FearedSanctity 03-21-2012 08:47 PM

Quote:

Adam Schefter ‏ @AdamSchefter

Denver says it will do the trade that is best for its franchise. Jets or Jags.
That sounds more like it

SlickyTrickyDamon 03-21-2012 08:47 PM

So, Sean Payton is gone for a year. I guess that torn ALC was karma for all the people carted off the field under his watch.

FearedSanctity 03-21-2012 08:49 PM

lol and Tebow is a Jet again, per Schefter

SlickyTrickyDamon 03-21-2012 08:54 PM

This will be great drama with Rex Ryan and his swearing and Tebow the born again Christian.

I'm excited.

FearedSanctity 03-21-2012 08:55 PM

People keep mentioning that without realizing John Fox is almost as bad.

Oh, and don't forget Josh McDaniels

SlickyTrickyDamon 03-21-2012 08:58 PM

It's because he got the extra national attention from that HBO show. Plus it's New York (well.. New Jersey.)

Skippord 03-21-2012 09:00 PM

also pretty sure Tim Tebow is just a born christian

weather vane 03-21-2012 09:02 PM

Fuck I hate the Jets. Now I hate Tebow.

Skippord 03-21-2012 09:02 PM

don't be that guy Spilly

SlickyTrickyDamon 03-21-2012 09:05 PM

Obviously we now wait the inevitable music parody "Timmy and the Jets." I'm guessing it'll be on Sports Radio across the nation tomorrow.

Skippord 03-21-2012 09:07 PM

according to twitter people he did choose the Jets and it was because he was offered the chance to start

Triple A 03-21-2012 09:10 PM

I like it I think

Gonzo 03-21-2012 09:11 PM

I don't understand the Jets motivations if this is a football move.

Really seems like the organization has the worst little brother syndrome ever.

SlickyTrickyDamon 03-21-2012 09:14 PM

How does "Hey New York shake it loose. The spotlight is hitting something 30 yards out of bounds" sound?

Droford 03-21-2012 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skippord (Post 3802626)
according to twitter people he did choose the Jets and it was because he was offered the chance to start

Do the Jets trade Mark Sanchez now?

dominoes are fun

Innovator 03-21-2012 09:40 PM

Rex is happier than a pig in shit

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/17h5...g/original.jpg

LOOK AT DEM

Emperor Smeat 03-21-2012 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skippord (Post 3802626)

:lol: makes the extension the Jets gave to Sanchez even worse now considering they tried to reassure him the team has complete faith in him as a starter. Then again they also gave an extension to Holmes after he publicly trashed Sanchez so its not like the team has any real idea of what to do in regards to Sanchez.

SlickyTrickyDamon 03-21-2012 09:59 PM

I thought he was a footie.

Next Big Thing 03-21-2012 10:19 PM

Tim Tebow did hire the William Morris Agency last month to represent him in his off the field endeavors like speaking engagements, book signings, t.v. appearances, movies, etc...
I wonder if that had any influence on him ultimately choosing the Jets.

Either way, this move to New York is going to make Tim Tebow's life story the greatest Disney movie ever or will end with him being booed out of town mercilessly. I don't think there will be a happy medium.

Droford 03-21-2012 10:46 PM

"..in 2012, the denver Broncos traded Tebow to the New York Jets where he never started another game at QB in his career. He went on to..."

SlickyTrickyDamon 03-21-2012 11:02 PM

"Die for our sins"

Had to do it. It was too tempting :D.

Next Big Thing 03-21-2012 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlickyTrickyDamon (Post 3802742)
"Die for our sins"

Had to do it. It was too tempting :D.

Well played. The world is supposed to end this year. Maybe Tebow to New York will mark the beginning of the Rapture.

Skippord 03-21-2012 11:49 PM

I hate the Jets, but I love Tim Tebow, how do I work this?

FearedSanctity 03-22-2012 12:21 AM

Quote:

Incarcerated Bob ‏ @incarceratedbob

**UPDATED NFL RUMORS**Source: Mike Wallace discussing contract with 3teams (Bengals & Patriots - Serious talks with both) Broncos jumped in