TPWW Forums

TPWW Forums (https://www.tpwwforums.com/index.php)
-   wrestling forum (https://www.tpwwforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   WWE:NXT Discussion Thread (https://www.tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?t=119000)

Lock Jaw 06-17-2016 12:26 PM

Not a fan of Cien's finisher.... It is a "less impressive" version of a move that Sasha Banks does as a normal move....

Except it is less "Double knees to the face/chest" and more "Crotch to the face/knees to the shoulders"....

Damian Rey 2.0 06-17-2016 05:05 PM

Wish they'd dump the three name shtick on him.. Andrade Cien Almas is too long. Cien Almas, or Cien Andrade sounds better.

VSG 06-17-2016 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lock Jaw (Post 4823630)
TM61 should be pronounced "TM Sixty-One"..... "TM Six One" doesn't roll off the tongue as well....

They should also change Nick Miller's name, because all I think of is that dude from New Girl...

They also really need to change their gear/look because right now they just seem so generic.....

Nine Oh Six One Two :-\

Asmo 06-18-2016 11:31 AM

I prefer TM Six One to TM Sixty-One.

Also, did Sunny Dhinsa (the non-tattooed guy from Authors Of Pain) shout Hindi during the match? Dave, dekh to yaar.

Missed Bliss.

drave 06-18-2016 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lock Jaw (Post 4822316)
Speaking of chokeslams, anyone find it weird how Alexa Bliss now does that "chokepush" move? She just seems way too tiny to be doing any variation of a chokeslam.... she does have the crazy eyes when she does it, though.... so I dunno.....

It kinda reminds me of how dumb the spear was for Edge's finisher.

Emperor Smeat 06-24-2016 11:01 PM

Spoilers for July's set of tapings:
SPOILER: show

Quote:

7/6/16 Show:
Bayley defeats Alexa Bliss. Bayley cuts a promo post-match, but Nia Jax interrupts and both stare each other down.

Blake and Murphy vs The Hype Bros is interrupted by a returning Rhyno, who takes out all four men

The Revival retain the NXT Tag Team Titles against American Alpha in a 2 out of 3 falls match. Alpha got fall one, Revival got falls 2 and 3.

7/13/16 Show:
Samoa Joe opens the show with a promo only to be interrupted by Rhyno, who challenges Joe to a match. Joe says "only on his time" and leaves.

Austin Aries defeats Patrick Clark. Post-match, No Way Jose attacks Aries.

Andrade "Cien" Almas defeats Angelo Dawkins.

Asuka defeats Eva Marie. Before the match, Eva gave ring announcer Dasha Fuentes a card to read that mentioned all the awesome things about her.

Samoa Joe defeats Rhyno

7/20/16 Show:
American Alpha head to the ring but get ambushed by the Authors of Pain. Despite the doctors helping them, Gable and Jordan head to the ring to face the AoP. Regal makes the match official. Authors of Pain get the win in a destructive squash.

Bayley defeats Nia Jax

Shinsuke Nakamura defeats Finn Balor in an epic match.

Some detailed stuff from other reports about certain matches:

July 13th
Quote:

NXT champion Samoa Joe entered for a promo segment. Joe said he’s out here for a few reasons. Firstly, to witness Shinsuke Nakamura versus Finn Balor. Also to assert that the implications of the match are unjust. Those implications being that the winner qualifies as a contender to his title. The reality is that Joe slayed the demon, and the premise that Finn gets another chance is disrespectful. Joe said another truth is that he is the EMPEROR of strong style, and he warned Shinsuke of what’s to come if he makes it past Finn. … Enter Rhyno. Rhyno threatened to run right through Joe, who dismissed Rhyno and bailed from the ring with a smirk.
Quote:

Andrade ‘Cien’ Almas squashed Angelo Dawkins in 2:42. Almas was really sloppy in this one, and Dawkins is another Full Sail development favorite. It’s a shame that a combination of avoidable things are preventing Andrade from clicking with the audience right now.
July 20th
Quote:

American Alpha made their entrance and were jumped by AOP on the stage. AOP entered the ring with Paul Ellering, who had a mic in hand. William Regal came out to help referees get Gable and Jordan to the back. It looked like Jordan legit hit a steel beam on the guardrail pretty hard as he fell off the stage. Ouch.
The Nakamura-Balor match was taped out of order and could mean other matches might get mixed around for the tv airings. Nakamura-Balor was taped for the July 13th set but NXT treated it as the final match for the the entire tapings.

Disturbed316 06-25-2016 01:36 AM

Wait, I thought Nakamura/Balor was at a Takeover?

Volare 06-26-2016 03:53 PM

Loved the heel turn @ 1:08 :)

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Gn5rMSlkQ7w?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

SlickyTrickyDamon 06-26-2016 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Disturbed316 (Post 4827290)
Wait, I thought Nakamura/Balor was at a Takeover?

Yeah wtf.

VSG 06-26-2016 08:55 PM

It would have been too long away.

Disturbed316 06-27-2016 02:18 AM

Maybe it means he might be going up?

Disturbed316 07-07-2016 02:20 AM

Good main event this week, pretty sick end for the win.

Mr. Nerfect 07-08-2016 06:47 PM

Balor, Bayley and American Alpha will be going up very soon. Bayley probably after Takeover. I imagine Samoa Joe will be going up too, but they might try and squeeze a few Joe vs. Nakamura matches out of the two.

Emperor Smeat 07-13-2016 09:00 PM

Samoa Joe's oppoent for the NXT title match at Takeover: Brooklyn was revealed during tonight's tapings.

Also a new wrestler debuted at NXT:
Quote:

One of professional wrestling’s biggest international stars made his Full Sail University debut at Wednesday night’s NXT television tapings.

Kota Ibushi, former IWGP junior heavyweight champion and current Cruiserweight Classic participant, faced Buddy Murphy on the taping. He won with a sit-out powerbomb.

Emperor Smeat 07-13-2016 11:08 PM

Spoilers for the next set of tv tapings:

July 27th show:
Shinsuke Nakamura defeats Wesley Blake. William Regal makes Nakamura vs Joe for the title at Takeover: Back to Brooklyn official

Billie Kay defeats Santana Garrett

TM61 defeats Rob Ryzen and Nailz (Literally his name)

No Way Jose defeats Steve Cutler. Challenges Austin Aries to a match.

August 3rd Show:
Kota Ibushi defeats Buddy Murphy (likely dark match)

Samoa Joe comes out and isn't happy that he has to face Nakamura at Takeover: Brooklyn. Regal tells him too bad as Nakamura comes out and both competitors have a stare down.

Hideo Itami defeats Sean Maluta in Itami's TV return

Asuka defeats Aaliyah

Bobby Roode makes his TV debut and bad mouths the crowd. Nobody comes out to battle him, just a basic heel promo.

The Revival defeat TM61. The Revival cut a post-match promo, but are interrupted by Gargano and Ciampa. They challenge the Revival to a tag title match. They lay out the Revival and pose with the titles.

Mojo Rawley vs Chris Atkins is interrupted by Samoa Joe who takes out both men.

A contract signing for Bayley vs Asuka II: at Takeover: Back to Brooklyn. Bayley says that she's ready and that the mystique of Asuka is gone.

August 10th:
The Authors of Pain squash Rob Ryzen and Nailz. TM61 try to make the save, but get destroyed until American Alpha makes the save.

Andrade "Cien" Almas defeats Angelo Dawkins, but is then interrupted by Bobby Roode. He makes a match between him and Almas official for Takeover.

Billie Kay defeats Liv Morgan

August 17th:
Gargano and Ciampa defeat Patrick Clark and Tucker Knight

Hideo Itami defeats Mustafa Ali

Liv Morgan, Nikki Glenncross (Nikki Storm) and Carmella defeat Daria, Mandy Rose and Alexa Bliss

Samoa Joe defeats Mojo Rawley. Both Joe and Nakamura brawl to end the tapings

Current card for NXT Takeover Brookyln based on recent stuff:
Quote:

Originally Posted by PWI
During the currently ongoing WWE NXT TV taping in Winter Park, Florida, the main event of the 8/20 WWE NXT Takeover: Brooklyn II was revealed - WWE NXT champion Samoa Joe vs. Shinsuke Nakamura.

Two more matches were also made official for NXT Takeover: Brooklyn -

*Bobby Roode vs. Andrade Cien Almas

*Asuka vs. Bayley for the NXT Women's Championship

Not officially announced so far, based on the direction, it appears these may also be on the Takeover special:

*The Revival vs. Johnny Gargano and Thomasso Ciampa for the NXT Tag Team Championship

*Austin Aries vs. No Way Jose

Disturbed316 07-17-2016 02:23 AM

Felt that Balor/Nakamura was ruined by the shitty editing and ad breaks on last weeks episode. Should have saved it for a Takeover.

#BROKEN Hasney 07-17-2016 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Disturbed316 (Post 4834123)
Felt that Balor/Nakamura was ruined by the shitty editing and ad breaks on last weeks episode. Should have saved it for a Takeover.

I get the feeling that Balor is going up in the draft.

Simple Fan 07-17-2016 06:29 PM

He'd better join The Club when he does. I'd hate to see him do all this hype for them to not be put them together. Could also see them splitting AJ and have Balor take over as The Clubs leader. Ideally I'd want all 4 together though.

Damian Rey 2.0 07-17-2016 06:48 PM

Maybe all 4 together until the Club turns heel. Perhaps save the Demon for Wrestlemania next year.

Mr. Nerfect 07-17-2016 07:21 PM

I'm fine with all four together. Balor can get a solid mid-card run with a title.

Frank Drebin 07-18-2016 12:03 AM

Would prefer to see demon/face Balor first, turn heel and not have him do demon until way down the line when he finally turns face again and brings it back. I like the idea if depriving the fans of the demon and draw some heat from it, but if he starts as a heel and we still get the demon for WM I'm cool with that.

Frank Drebin 07-18-2016 12:07 AM

Also, worried that there might be a couple of sweet debuts on this draft, but the reaction won't be that great from the crowd since it seems doubtful it's a smart one. Supposedly, they love the first reactions from the crowds and the reaction to AJ'S debut at the rumble was a factor in them pushing him up in the card.

#BROKEN Hasney 07-18-2016 05:24 AM

As per the draft thread:

Quote:

Six [draft picks] off NXT
Yeah, Balor is so going up. Bayley too I reckon, but 3 more? Can't see them losing Joe and Nakamura just yet... American Alpha?

Maybe Itami if he's ready to come back. Carmella as a long shot because she is still green-ish, but she is improving. Aries would be cool, but he's just starting a heel turn.

Can't really think of anyone else who is ready.

Volare 07-18-2016 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by #BROKEN Hasney (Post 4834367)
As per the draft thread:

Yeah, Balor is so going up. Bayley too I reckon, but 3 more? Can't see them losing Joe and Nakamura just yet... American Alpha?

Maybe Itami if he's ready to come back. Carmella as a long shot because she is still green-ish, but she is improving. Aries would be cool, but he's just starting a heel turn.

Can't really think of anyone else who is ready.

Dillinger?

#BROKEN Hasney 07-18-2016 06:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Volare (Post 4834376)
Dillinger?

I wish if he would be used well, but he'll probably be Breeze'd.

Innovator 07-18-2016 07:10 AM

He better be the 10th pick, or everyone should be fired

VSG 07-18-2016 08:47 AM

Itami is ready and cleared long back, so I wouldn't be surprised if it's him.

Simple Fan 07-18-2016 11:38 AM

I'm not real big on Itami, think he needs more time in NXT especially with the influx of cruiserweights that are coming in. My six would be Balor, American Alpha(one pick), Alexa Bliss, Austin Aries, Carmella, and The Revival.

Frank Drebin 07-18-2016 02:49 PM

As a huge Revival mark, I would rather they stay. Unless they plan on making one brand one that caters more toward the IWC, they'll get nothing but crickets and get Ascension'd without the face paint.

I think Alexa needs to get the call for sure. She's done all she can and would be a great valet and/or competent women's wrestler to add to the roster.

Innovator 07-18-2016 02:59 PM

If you get to call anyone up from NXT, it makes no sense to not call up Joe or Nakamura

Frank Drebin 07-18-2016 03:06 PM

Agreed. 100p. I haven't even considered them though just because it seems like it would be "too soon" in the minds of wwe for whatever reason. Depending on how this all goes down, I don't want either of those guys getting lost in the shuffle. Want a mark out moment in front of a smarky crowd for both of those guys.

Evil Vito 07-18-2016 03:07 PM

I think the only logical way from a kayfabe standpoint that Nakamura wouldn't come up is if they truly make everyone eligible, including champions.

So you have the 3 champions: Samoa Joe, Asuka, and The Revival who all would be drafted because as champions it only makes sense that the GMs would want to add winners to their shows. Balor and Bayley have been two of the faces of NXT for ages so both are sensible call-ups. That then leaves American Alpha who would be viewed as a boost with both shows trying to shore up their tag divisions.

Yeah it may still be a stretch to have Nakamura be #7 on that list but at least I can understand it.

I also don't think it would cripple NXT because I'd just imagine the champs would work double duty like Owens last year. The Revival in particular I could see hanging onto the belts for ages.

Evil Vito 07-18-2016 03:09 PM

Actually going a bit further I wouldn't have been averse to every NXT superstar getting drafted. NXT is acknowledged as the developmental system. It doesn't mean they'd all come up imemdiately but you'd know which "home brand" each NXT wrestler is assigned to and you'd know where they'd go when they get called up.

Frank Drebin 07-18-2016 03:11 PM

Ugh, just don't want some of these names showing up in front of some crowd in Nowhere, MA and getting no reaction.

Innovator 07-18-2016 03:11 PM

Even some bullshit excuse like, "Oh it'd take a while to get a new work visa for RAW or Smackdown other than NXT, so Shinsuke has to stay here for awhile" would suffice

Frank Drebin 07-18-2016 03:12 PM

Still so far away from the Rumble......

Innovator 07-18-2016 03:12 PM

Considering how the revolution turned out, I worry for Bayley.

Frank Drebin 07-18-2016 03:15 PM

I'm not a huge Bayley mark, but I can see where she could be really valuable to wwe. More likely she gets used like Emma did, and Itl all be her fault because she didn't "connect with the crowd"

Frank Drebin 07-18-2016 03:16 PM

Also, wth is Izzy gonna do if her idol has to go on tour?

Evil Vito 07-18-2016 03:21 PM

Actually I guess the problem with designating every NXT wrestler to a home brand is that it would force WWE to figure out what show everybody should belong to long before WWE themselves have even figured it out. And it could be tricky.

If SmackDown gets hammered with injuries for instance and Nakamura is the next biggest name in NXT to be called up but is assigned to Raw already, they're stuck. Yes it's WWE so they could just switch it arbitrarily but then that makes the whole idea of assigning them in advance pointless in the first place.