TPWW Forums

TPWW Forums (https://www.tpwwforums.com/index.php)
-   wrestling forum (https://www.tpwwforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Question of the Week: What if Triple H takes charge of Raw? (https://www.tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?t=128336)

Poit 12-18-2014 02:10 PM

Question of the Week: What if Triple H takes charge of Raw?

TLP Question Of The Week:

If Triple H does indeed take over running the main shows like Raw & Smackdown, what do you think will change for the better? What do you think will change for the worse? Why?

VSG 12-18-2014 02:26 PM

Doesn't matter unless he has a capable team to assist him. At this stage, I don't know if the established Raw/Smackdown teams are there for him. NXT was re-shaped how he wanted it with young guys all over the place and it showed.

screech 12-18-2014 03:23 PM

Then we may finally get Monday Night Pedigree and all will be right with the universe.

The Condor 12-18-2014 03:35 PM

Nothing much will change from how it is now.

drave 12-18-2014 03:49 PM

If he can continually pull off shows like the last NXT PPV - then wrestling could be back up the mountain.

I have barely watched anything for the past 3 months. I read the results and they are very telling.

* Open show with 15 minute speech
* Have a jobber match, usually involves Rusev crushing
* Have some divas drama, but only if Total Divas is in season. Otherwise, just a 5 min match
* More talking
* Cena storyline for the rest of the evening

drave 12-18-2014 03:50 PM

Oh

* End RAW main event in a DQ

Emperor Smeat 12-18-2014 04:36 PM

Nothing right away but I'd assume tag team wrestling and the midcard would improve over time. Still needs to clean house on Creative and their current mentality with creating shows.

For worse stuff, maybe promos if they follow his model of being way too long.

road doggy dogg 12-18-2014 04:49 PM

I'm more interested in if Triple A starts running the show.

Taz(z)(zz) returns to WWE and takes over main event scene

Sepholio 12-18-2014 05:01 PM

TAZ! MY BALLS!

SlickyTrickyDamon 12-18-2014 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seph (Post 4558499)
TAZ! MY BALLS!

I KNOW! I SAW IT ! YOU SHODDA WORE A CUP

YAMBAG!

Fignuts 12-18-2014 10:49 PM

Considering how awesome NXT has been, I'd say it would be pretty great.

SlickyTrickyDamon 12-18-2014 10:57 PM

I thought he was in charge of alot of Raw already.

Emperor Smeat 12-18-2014 11:07 PM

Think its Smackdown where he has a lot more control recently. RAW is still under Vince's tight grip.

Big Vic 12-19-2014 09:57 AM

Hopefully less "comedy" segments.

NoyaPerez20 12-19-2014 02:46 PM

Hopefully he will bring the work he put in NXT to the forefront. His work with NXT to me is something we TOTALLY need now in the WWE.

Destor 12-19-2014 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VSG (Post 4558438)
Doesn't matter unless he has a capable team to assist him. At this stage, I don't know if the established Raw/Smackdown teams are there for him. NXT was re-shaped how he wanted it with young guys all over the place and it showed.

Really disagree here. Most of the all time grest wrestling was booked by a one man team.

VSG 12-19-2014 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Destor (Post 4558990)
Really disagree here. Most of the all time grest wrestling was booked by a one man team.

This one man team being? Note that I never specified creative alone here, the production team and the guys making themes/costumes all play a role here too.

NoyaPerez20 12-19-2014 03:47 PM

The bigger question here is can Triple H handle the BUSINESS SIDE of things as well? We see clearly that wrestling wise he delivers perfectly as a promoter, but what about the business side of things?

SlickyTrickyDamon 12-19-2014 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoyaPerez20 (Post 4558993)
The bigger question here is can Triple H handle the BUSINESS SIDE of things as well? We see clearly that wrestling wise he delivers perfectly as a promoter, but what about the business side of things?

It's a corporation. He doesn't have to know everything to be the top guy. The CFO will handle the business side.

Tom Guycott 12-20-2014 02:51 AM

Too much credit laying at the feet of only Hunter, and not enough on the package of NXT as a whole. Yes, the guys are "inexperienced indy darlings", but they get to find a place. The talent doesn't get pushed/depushed, or suddenly devalued*, the setting is more intimate- so the fans that attend the shows are more into the world itself and not trying to chant anything just to chant shit... on that front, the main roster has gotten bigger than itself.

Speaking of "bigger than itself", drave's summary of RAW is pretty spot on. Back when the show was just an hour, that wouldn't be so bad. But that exact format is padded into three hours, and they act like they still don't have enough time. To be a wrestling show, it's like wrestling has become merely a tertiary objective. Primary is selling ad time and seats; secondary is trying to build the next breakout star insofar as he fits their mold of what that star should be. For example, they're building Reigns. They're building Rusev... and seemingly at everyone else's (save Cena) expense.

NXT kinda builds everyone. They don't need to shoehorn everything in that hour, nor do they have to put their really over talent (even their champion) on EVERY show. Enzo Amore and Big Cass aren't on every episode. Women's matches are treated as a match and not a pissbreak or a in-ring commercial for Total Divas. The show is allowed to be a wrestling show! Its booked like a wrestling show. The talent have feuds, build rivalries and history, and put on consistently good to great matches. The main roster product seems to have gotten far away from what made them the global company they are today, and NXT seems to have gone back to that.

In short, it isn't just the talent that needs to be called up or simply HHH running shit. There needs to be an overhaul to how RAW and Smackdown are booked and written, as NXT has gotten back to basics and even as smarky as I've become over the years, the disbelief is TOTALLY suspended while watching. Makes me feel like I'm 5 again watching All-American or Superstars of Wrestling.

*except maybe Chris Hero. As such, I kinda wonder- Punk's comments about The Shield supposedly originally containing him instead of RR. Did that snub trigger his "fuck this" spiral, or did that little bit of spare tire (which realistically would have been covered with tactical gear, so who cares) get him passed on. Chicken or egg?

FourFifty 12-20-2014 03:14 AM

With what ever improvements are made, with a 3 hour time slot we'll find something to bitch about.

#FACT