TPWW Forums

TPWW Forums (https://www.tpwwforums.com/index.php)
-   wrestling forum (https://www.tpwwforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Jimmy Snuka passed away (https://www.tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?t=132764)

Bad News Gertner 01-15-2017 02:33 PM

Jimmy Snuka passed away

Good.

Ol Dirty Dastard 01-15-2017 02:35 PM

he won't be missed

RP 01-15-2017 02:37 PM

Not the Superfly!

Evil Vito 01-15-2017 02:37 PM

I feel bad for Tamina, Deuce, and any other relatives he may have had. Losing a loved one is never easy no matter what.

But as for Snuka himself? Fuck him.

Volare 01-15-2017 02:45 PM

Tamina posted a pic of her holding her dad's hand.

Bad News Gertner 01-15-2017 02:47 PM

Regardless, I don't think people know how over he was between late 82-84. He was easily the top face in the company until Hogan came along and that's including Backlund as champion. They brought him in as a face to challenge Backlund but the crowd loved him. They basically forced the company to turn him face

#1-norm-fan 01-15-2017 03:06 PM

Well now he's DEFINITELY unfit to stand trial.

Ultra Mantis 01-15-2017 03:13 PM

Death starting the year with a sudden face turn following that mega heel run last year.

Shisen Kopf 01-15-2017 03:17 PM

Wonder if his corpse will attract superflies?

Evil Vito 01-15-2017 03:22 PM

Guess we can rule him out of the list of Royal Rumble mystery entrant possibilities.

slik 01-15-2017 03:24 PM

He was an influential wrestler, no doubt...but I can't really get past the murder thing. I mean, RIP to his loved ones, I don't wish grief on people, but as far as Snuka goes...shrugs shoulders.

Destor 01-15-2017 03:34 PM

Innocent until proven guilty.

RIP

Rammsteinmad 01-15-2017 05:04 PM

He was way before my time, never really cared for him. But whatever RIP I suppose.

#BROKEN Hasney 01-15-2017 05:07 PM

Hey hey hey, goodbye.

Black Widow 01-15-2017 05:08 PM

He's not a good guy

He's not a bad guy

He's just a dead guy

Mongo Lloyd 01-15-2017 05:17 PM

Cocaine is one hell of a drug

RP 01-15-2017 06:01 PM

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C2PYFgpVIAAdpN9.jpg:large

Heyman 01-15-2017 06:33 PM

Great news!

I hope Jim Ross is next.

KIRA 01-15-2017 07:51 PM

finally

I feel for his family though.

Vastardikai 01-15-2017 11:39 PM

It is unfortunate for his family, but I'll never forget how every legend day, they'd bring him out, after they more or less erased Benoit from history. The sheer hypocrisy of it.

And Vince should be on the hook for going up there "with the briefcase."

Jordan 01-16-2017 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by #BrotherVito DELETED (Post 4913971)
I feel bad for Tamina, Deuce, and any other relatives he may have had. Losing a loved one is never easy no matter what.

But as for Snuka himself? Fuck him.

AirJordanFan93 01-16-2017 01:13 AM

Honestly not all that bothered. He was well before my time and I honestly tired of WWE bringing him out with all the Legends stuff for a good decade. But the whole murder thing is hard to look past and someone else mentioned that they kept on bringing out Snuka even after they erased Benoit from history. Gotta love WWE hypocrisy

DAMN iNATOR 01-16-2017 04:19 AM

I am not going to judge the guy and as such I shall express my sincere sadness and sorrow to learn of his death. RIP. :(

Jazzy Foot 01-16-2017 05:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heyman (Post 4914092)
Great news!

I hope Jim Ross is next.

This made me chuckle lol.

Ruien 01-16-2017 09:56 AM

Meh.

Purgatory 01-16-2017 10:57 AM

Yeah, I dunno. I guess we would have to feel bad for the family, but I personally was never a fan. I only really knew who he was because of that time Piper smashed a coconut over his head.

Good ol' HotRod. If we are gonna miss anyone, its him.

Theo Dious 01-16-2017 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Destor (Post 4913991)
Innocent until proven guilty.

RIP

The Internet said he was guilty. What more proof do we need?

Destor 01-16-2017 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Theo Dious (Post 4914308)
The Internet said he was guilty. What more proof do we need?

Apparently none :nono:

Emperor Smeat 01-16-2017 05:48 PM

Feel bad for Tamina but wonder if they are just going to do a graphic at the start of the show or a video package as a tribute.

Even though the case got dismissed, there is still too much circumstantial stuff around it the WWE might not want to bother with any potential backlash if they gave him the legends tribute treatment.

Black Widow 01-16-2017 09:41 PM

Hey, I'm a Strawberry ice cream cone typing on the Internet. You can't prove me wrong, therefore, as ludicrous as that may sound, I'm a Strawberry ice cream cone typing on the Internet. Fucking logic of some.

Evil Vito 01-17-2017 08:32 AM

To me, I don't even see that much reasonable doubt. Around the time it happened, he had a reputation for beating her (and his wife) in drug fuelled rages and her injuries were consistent with such a beating. I'd be less inclined to give the benefit of the doubt and more so inclined to pity that the poor girl's family will never have closure. Only one man knows what really happened that night, and he's taken it to the grave with him.

By all means, sit on the fence in absence of any real incriminating evidence, but all signs point to the fact the man killed her in cold blood with his bare hands and I think it's unfair to suggest people are jumping to conclusions in leaning that way.

Destor 01-17-2017 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by #BrotherVito DELETED (Post 4914817)
To me, I don't even see that much reasonable doubt. Around the time it happened, he had a reputation for beating her (and his wife) in drug fuelled rages and her injuries were consistent with such a beating. I'd be less inclined to give the benefit of the doubt and more so inclined to pity that the poor girl's family will never have closure. Only one man knows what really happened that night, and he's taken it to the grave with him.

By all means, sit on the fence in absence of any real incriminating evidence, but all signs point to the fact the man killed her in cold blood with his bare hands and I think it's unfair to suggest people are jumping to conclusions in leaning that way.

Everyone deserves due process. Everyone. You can draw your own conclusions if you want but you do so without the full story and you make grave accusations against a man that is innocent until proven guilty.

Maybe he did it, maybe he didnt. You will never know. It's shite to make such damning assumptions based off dirt sheets.

Ol Dirty Dastard 01-17-2017 10:02 AM

I don't believe it's only dirt sheets unless ALL news is dirt sheets

Evil Vito 01-17-2017 10:05 AM

lol please don't tell me you referred to news from 1983 as "dirt sheets"

Evil Vito 01-17-2017 10:05 AM

If the Internet were around in 1983, Snuka would be Chris Benoit. But it wasn't.

Destor 01-17-2017 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by #BrotherVito DELETED (Post 4914824)
lol please don't tell me you referred to news from 1983 as "dirt sheets"

There is no news you speak of

Quote:

Forensic pathologist Isidore Mihalakis, who examined the body of Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka's girlfriend, concluded that she had probably been beaten, but he couldn't say with certainty whether those injuries were related to her death. "Just because she was beaten doesn’t mean she was beaten to death," Mihalakis said in a recent interview. Snuka maintains that he never hit Argentino.
Quote:

Despite Mihalakis recommendation that the case be investigated as a homicide, no charges were filed against Snuka, the only "person of interest" ever named in the case. "I did not have a clear-cut case" based on the forensic evidence, Mihalakis said in a recent interview. "Obviously, there was enough there to arouse my suspicion but not enough to take it to trial."

Thats the real story. It looks bad but there isnt hard facts. Neither you nor the "news" has them.

Evil Vito 01-17-2017 10:23 AM

Here's a 1992 piece from Irv Muchnick, commissioned by the Village Voice: http://concussioninc.net/?p=2012

It discusses the facts of the case as well as why it didn't go anywhere in civil or criminal court. But to me it sure sounds like they did a shoddy investigation that should've at least resulted in a trial so all parties could've come to a resolution.

What stand out to me is that the how and where of Snuka's story kept shifting as well. And it wasn't the first time police had been called over.

Quote:

Finally, there was the incident involving Snuka and Argentino at a Howard Johnson’s in Salina, N.Y., outside Syracuse, just three months before Allentown. The motel owner, hearing noise from their room, called the police, who found Snuka and Argentino running naked down the hallway. It took eight deputy sheriffs and a police dog to subdue Snuka. Argentino sustained a bruise of her right thumb. Snuka pleaded guilty to violent felony assault with intent to cause injury... Whitehall police later decided this was all the result of “a nervous desk clerk”.

Destor 01-17-2017 10:39 AM

You realize none of that is proof of murder right? He should have been investigated. He should have been charged with domestic and battery. Absolutely. He probably woul have been convicted. There's very little evidence of murder.

And dont get me wrong, im not arguing that he absolutely didnt do it. Im arguing you have fuck all for facts and we all deserve more than what has been presented.

Destor 01-17-2017 10:40 AM

Maybe they would have uncovered substantial evidence and got a convction but tht didnt happen. Therefor he is innocent.

Bad News Gertner 01-17-2017 11:07 AM

Irv did a major investigative piece on it. The level of corruption in the local government is the most I've ever seen.