TPWW Forums

TPWW Forums (https://www.tpwwforums.com/index.php)
-   wrestling forum (https://www.tpwwforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   New match gimmick suggestions. (https://www.tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?t=128841)

Jazzy Foot 02-28-2015 02:01 PM

New match gimmick suggestions.

We've had cages, hell in a cell, straps, ladders, street fights, iron man etc etc.

What could we introduce that's new and interesting and keeps the audiences entertained?

Stay classy.

hb2k 02-28-2015 02:09 PM

How about a hybrid War Games/Survivor Series match inside Hell In A Cell? Enter at alternate intervals, but people can be pinned and eliminated at any time, so there is always tension that a pinfall or submission can occur and skew the odds later in the match. A lot of interesting scenarios could come of it...

Simple Fan 02-28-2015 02:11 PM

King of the Mountain match in WWE.

Jazzy Foot 02-28-2015 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hb2k (Post 4591698)
How about a hybrid War Games/Survivor Series match inside Hell In A Cell? Enter at alternate intervals, but people can be pinned and eliminated at any time, so there is always tension that a pinfall or submission can occur and skew the odds later in the match. A lot of interesting scenarios could come of it...

I'm rather keen on seeing the WW3 match revived but wonder what the logistics to that would be and what would be at stake?

It's been a long time since an Iron Man Match though.

Seriously though titty honking aside all this talk about Divas not being given enough limelight, why not give them an Iron Woman match lasting say 30 minutes tops?

youreSAWFT 02-28-2015 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jazzy Foot (Post 4591701)
I'm rather keen on seeing the WW3 match revived but wonder what the logistics to that would be and what would be at stake?

It's been a long time since an Iron Man Match though.

Seriously though titty honking aside all this talk about Divas not being given enough limelight, why not give them an Iron Woman match lasting say 30 minutes tops?

because most of them cant wrestle.

Simple Fan 02-28-2015 05:05 PM

Given the chance women can put on good matches. Just watch a few TNA knockout matches. They have done ladder matches, cage matches, and last knockout standing matches. Its just in the WWE they don't seem to get more then 3 minutes to have a match.

loopydate 02-28-2015 06:12 PM

What about a Three Stages of Death Match. First to put their opponent in an ambulance and shut the door, then put them in a casket and close the lid, then bury them alive wins the match. It combines WWE's love of matches where you put your opponent inside something to win with their love of matches where you put your opponent inside something to win!

Mr. Nerfect 02-28-2015 10:34 PM

I came up with an idea for Fastlane, before they ended up booking Barrett vs. Ambrose. It'd be called "Seven Deadly Sins" or something. You have seven guys compete in an elimination match, and the last two fight it out in a Ladder Match for the IC Title. Sort of like King of the Mountain, except instead of sin-binning, you are eliminated, and the ladder only comes into play at the end.

Mr. Nerfect 02-28-2015 10:36 PM

I've also suggested a Double Jeopardy Match in the past (the name is new, but I'm still not set on it). It'd be a Triple Threat, but the idea is that you need to get a fall over both your opponents. So if it were Brock Lesnar vs. Roman Reigns vs. Daniel Bryan, you could have something like:

* Reigns pins Lesnar with a Spear.
* Lesnar pins Bryan with an F5.
* Bryan pins Lesnar with a Knee Plus.
* Bryan makes Reigns submit to the YES! Lock.

Thus, Bryan wins the match.