TPWW Forums

TPWW Forums (https://www.tpwwforums.com/index.php)
-   wrestling forum (https://www.tpwwforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   WWE:NXT Discussion Thread (https://www.tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?t=119000)

XL 03-23-2017 03:29 PM

Why is this 6-man not on the Takeover card?

Lock Jaw 03-23-2017 03:35 PM

It might be an 8 person one now.

Thought this was a strong episode. Enjoyed Oney Lorcan and Cien match, as well as Asuka committing murder in the ring.....

XL 03-23-2017 04:19 PM

Yes. Having watched the rest of the episode, suspected it'd end in a melee.

Looks like a pretty decent card...

NXT Championship: Bobby Roode (c) vs. Shinsuke Nakamura

NXT Women's Championship: Asuka (c) vs. Ember Moon

NXT Tag Team Championship Triple Threat Match: AOP (c) vs. DIY vs. Revival

Singles Match: Andre "Cien" Almas vs. Alistair Black

8-Person Inter-gender Tag Team Match: Sanity vs. Tye Dillinger, No Way Jose, Roderick Strong, Ruby Riot

XL 03-24-2017 04:46 AM

I think I'd sooner see Roode get called up over Nakamura.

I can see someone on Raw/SDL talking about how Mania was a great night, a fantastic spectacle, etc when "GLORIOUS" hits. Roode comes out to the ring, agrees that it was great, it was fantastic, but it wasn't quite...GLORIOUS. But now it is.

Just trying to think of a face he could debut that against. Might have to be Bryan.

Big Vic 04-06-2017 11:57 AM

Peyton Royce :drool:

Evil Vito 04-06-2017 12:12 PM

Gotta say, I'm gradually losing more and more interest in NXT.

It's not from a lack of having talented workers. There are good matches aplenty. I guess I'm just missing NXT how it was originally with all of these mostly unknown guys from the Performance Center doing insane gimmicks and making names for themselves.

Now it's just signing whatever big TNA/indy people they can get and immediately pushing them to the top of the card.

Lock Jaw 04-06-2017 12:31 PM

Yeah, it's been going down for a bit now..... Takeovers are still generally great, but the weekly show doesn't have the same feel anymore. As far as weekly shows go, 205 Live probably better right now.

Evil Vito 04-06-2017 12:33 PM

I'd agree with that. I've always enjoyed Takeovers but don't get much out of the weekly TV.

Lock Jaw 04-06-2017 12:43 PM

I'd agree with your comment about tna/Indy people as well....

Would have been nice to see a "homegrown" guy like Tye Dillinger, who floundered around on the show for a long time before latching onto a gimmick that got him over, win the NXT Title.....

Simple Fan 04-06-2017 12:59 PM

Yeah I really think Corbin should have stuck around longer and had a NXT title run. I guess they like having a known name as NXT Champion. The main event scene has just been who ever the latest big signing coming in is and there hasn't been any progression up the card. The tag division has been good but now might take a hit with The Revival on the main roster but they have some good teams left. Women's division has kind of suffered from the same thing as the main event but with this women's tournament coming NXT could could get a lot of new talent.

Jordan 04-06-2017 01:03 PM

What kind of card are we gonna get for Chicago? Looks like Itami and Roode... final chance for Itami to shine it seems.

Simple Fan 04-06-2017 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fragile X (Post 4953211)
What kind of card are we gonna get for Chicago? Looks like Itami and Roode... final chance for Itami to shine it seems.

Adam Cole Bay Bay

XL 04-06-2017 01:16 PM

I get what you guys are saying but aside from Big E Langston and Bo Dallas all previous champs have been Indy guys; Rollins, Neville, Zayn, and so on.

I think Tye should have stuck around to win the belt too, which would have allowed a move for Roode and Nak.

Simple Fan 04-06-2017 01:29 PM

Not a big fan of Tye but he would have made for an ok transitional champion. I'm not opposed to the indy and TNA guys coming in as I've been a fan of most of them.

Volare 04-06-2017 04:43 PM

<iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/WHmqMiaHwqI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

DaveWadding 04-07-2017 01:32 AM

NOOPH IS POOPH

drave 04-07-2017 06:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Volare (Post 4953277)
<iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/WHmqMiaHwqI" allowfullscreen="" width="854" frameborder="0" height="480"></iframe>

This has been added to my daily morning workout routine before work. Really good song.

Jordan 04-07-2017 11:22 AM

I don't see the current stars of NXT selling out the All-State Arena for this Takeover. Maybe if they had Nakamaura, maybe but I certainly don't think Itami and Roode in the main is going to "put the butts in the seats". Odd, the spoilers don't really hint at many programs going on.

Nicky Fives 04-08-2017 12:24 PM

NXT will sell-out any arena in big markets. The history of independents in the town alone is more than enough to sell a card on one night.

Bad News Gertner 04-09-2017 11:21 AM

Heavy Machinery are the greatest thing I've ever seen.