TPWW Forums

TPWW Forums (https://www.tpwwforums.com/index.php)
-   entertainment forum (https://www.tpwwforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Predator reboot (https://www.tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?t=130156)

Zeeboe 08-14-2015 01:56 PM

Predator reboot

http://collider.com/predator-sequel-...collidersocial

Reinvent it huh? Then in five years, someone else is going to reinvent it again. :mad: I'm getting sick of Hollywood's nonsense. :nono: In 2003, they started doing sucky remakes, now they are literally remaking the remakes! :rant: Hell, "The Amazing Spider-Man" came out only a few years after "Spider-Man 3".

Folks, please don't see this "Predator" reboot when it comes out or the second reboot of "A Nightmare On a Elm Street". These lazy-ass man-children running the film industry need to realize they can't keep jerking us around. They never come up with anything original or even do sequels to the first remakes they make because they're not creative enough, which is why they keep remaking the same fucking films every five years! :fu:

I rather stay at home and rewatch the classics made during era's where originality existed then go out and spend money watching some sucky reboot that I know is going to be rebooted again in literally less then ten years. Fuck you modern Hollywood. :n:

Fignuts 08-14-2015 10:41 PM

I have never gotten this whole hatred of reboots.

People rage about it as if there are a few new properties a year, and everything else is just reboots, when it's the exact opposite.

Don't like reboots? Fine. There are tons of movies that aren't reboots and sequels that come out every year.

It just doesn't seem like a big deal to me.

Corporate CockSnogger 08-15-2015 07:28 AM

I'm with Fignuts. A reboot doesn't affect anyone's enjoyment of the original material in the slightest. I'm not exactly excited about the new Ghostbusters film, but whatever, I'll still check it out. If I like it, cool, if I don't, whatever I'll still very much enjoy the original films. No big deal.

Rammsteinmad 08-15-2015 11:59 AM

Wasn't the most recent one a prequel?

Shadow 08-15-2015 05:42 PM

There have been so many reboots of franchises that it makes my head spin. Can't we just have Predator 3 where a Predator gets his from some Hispanic guy? Or Asian? Cause we've had a white dude and a black dude kick a Predator's ass, time to move on.

Zeeboe 08-15-2015 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fignuts HD Edition (Post 4687279)
I have never gotten this whole hatred of reboots.

People rage about it as if there are a few new properties a year, and everything else is just reboots, when it's the exact opposite.

Don't like reboots? Fine. There are tons of movies that aren't reboots and sequels that come out every year.

It just doesn't seem like a big deal to me.

It bothers me because it's mainstream thievery.

DAMN iNATOR 08-16-2015 04:48 PM

You're entitled to your opinion, dude, but to be completely honest there have been some amazingly well done remakes and reboots that have barely if at all strayed from the original.

How you've managed not to mention that and acknowledge it is completely and utterly befuddling.

owenbrown 08-16-2015 06:00 PM

I thought this would be about SuperSlim and taker707 :shifty:

Zeeboe 08-16-2015 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAMN iNATOR (Post 4687785)
You're entitled to your opinion, dude, but to be completely honest there have been some amazingly well done remakes and reboots that have barely if at all strayed from the original.

How you've managed not to mention that and acknowledge it is completely and utterly befuddling.

Because there are very few good remakes. Interesting how in your remake-defending post, you didn't name any. I can count the decent ones on one hand. Only reboots I liked were "Father of the Bride" and "The Hills Have Eyes".

Does TPWW have stock in Hollywood or something? With the way you guys keep defending remakes, you'd think that you did or you're just trolling me.

Shadow 08-16-2015 06:56 PM

Can we just have a flim series about a supposed super hunter from beyond the stars getting killed by various earthlings because he's a fucking idiot who didn't take the main hero seriously? And can the next one be Latino?

DAMN iNATOR 08-16-2015 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeeboe (Post 4687797)
Because there are very few good remakes. Interesting how in your remake-defending post, you didn't name any. I can count the decent ones on one hand. Only reboots I liked were "Father of the Bride" and "The Hills Have Eyes".

Does TPWW have stock in Hollywood or something? With the way you guys keep defending remakes, you'd think that you did or you're just trolling me.

I thought the True Grit remake of a few years back was superb. And that's coming from a guy who really doesn't care hardly at all for Westerns. Put that movie or the video game Red Dead Redemption before my eyes though, and I'm in.

Sixx 08-17-2015 02:59 AM

3:10 to Yuma, True Grit, Cape Fear and Dawn of the Dead are all very good remakes. That's just to name a few.

Zeeboe 08-17-2015 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tommy Gunn (Post 4687950)
Predators was sort of a soft-reboot. Too bad it sucked.

It was a sequel and I loved it. It was the only follow-up to the original I did love. That's why I don't get why it is being rebooted yet again.

"Predator 2" sucked. Gary Busey and his weird-scratchy-ass voice - *shudder* And I wish Danny Glover would have caught that cab so we wouldn't have to deal with him and his lisp.

The "Alien vs. Predator" films were awful too. (No joke needed. Those films are the joke.)

If they couldn't get it right with "Predators" with enough fans, then perhaps it's time to give it a rest already.

Shadow 08-17-2015 07:16 PM

My god Zeeboe....how can you say Predator 2 sucked? Just.....I can't anymore with you.

You've changed.

Zeeboe 08-17-2015 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow (Post 4688411)
My god Zeeboe....how can you say Predator 2 sucked? Just.....I can't anymore with you.

You've changed.

Taking the Predator out of the jungle was like taking the shark from "Jaws" out of the water. There was also no Arnold. Even as a kid, I had no interest. I didn't even see it until a few years ago and it's just okay.

DAMN iNATOR 08-18-2015 09:59 PM

TBF, Gary Busey IS frequently aggressive in situations that don't call for it.

Zeeboe 08-19-2015 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAMN iNATOR (Post 4687879)
I thought the True Grit remake of a few years back was superb. And that's coming from a guy who really doesn't care hardly at all for Westerns. Put that movie or the video game Red Dead Redemption before my eyes though, and I'm in.

"True Grit"? Seriously? You clearly never watched the original. The remake of "True Grit" copied the original word-for-word basically. You think whoever that guy was compares with John Wayne? I very much doubt what's his name will ever have the icon status John Wayne has. I'm not being sarcastic by the way. I really did forget that guy's name and I'm not going to go look it up.

Your support of that horrible remake is why I hate remakes with a passion. John Wayne and all the people who worked hard making the *real* "True Grit" deserve your appreciation. Not the lazy parasites who watched it, remade it and essentially claimed it to be their own. Now millions of people around the world watch that stupid remake and think it's some epic film when if they watched the original, they would see all the remake did was do a reenactment of the original. Anyone could have done that. But because they had the money and the talent, everyone praises them.

I hope you watch the real "True Grit" sometime and if you do, you can take pleasure knowing that it was actual original work that no one from 1969 ripped off from someone else. Knowing that gives ya a warm and fizzy feeling inside, but it's bittersweet too because you know the days of great and original films are passé.

Sixx 08-19-2015 07:25 AM

Jesus. I love John Wayne, watched the original True Grit like 10 times and loved it. What does it have to do with anything? The remake was also great.

And if you really hate remakes for "copying" you should hate John Wayne, too, because his whole fucking on-screen persona was copied from Yakima Canutt. And it's not like Wayne ever even tried to hide it.

Zeeboe 08-19-2015 09:03 AM

No one knows or cares who that is. If that person was good at their job, they would have gotten noticed, but they didn't, so therefore, they lose. Meaning, you can or cannot steal from them because their work will remain unnoticed regardless.

John Wayne however is famous worldwide and to rip off the Duke isn't cool.

Sixx 08-19-2015 09:22 AM

why do I even bother

drave 08-19-2015 11:33 AM

\_(ツ)_/¯

Zeeboe 08-19-2015 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sixx (Post 4689504)
why do I even bother

Please don't. My mind is made up. I use to do the same thing you did until I watched a couple of remakes. The straw that broke the camel's back is when Hollywood started remaking the remakes.

DAMN iNATOR 08-21-2015 10:38 PM

I've seen both versions of True Grit in their entirety, and IMHO, both were equally excellent.

I do think the original Parent Trap movie was better than the late 90s remake, for example of older versions of films sometimes being better. I'd list more but I think I've made my point.

Shadow 08-22-2015 05:10 PM

The modern Parent Trap had it's charm but the original made it's point better.

DAMN iNATOR 08-23-2015 02:05 AM

Indeed. It's a damn shame it doesn't get shown hardly at all anymore.

Zeeboe 08-25-2015 12:30 PM

One reboot I did enjoy was "Rise of the Planet of the Apes". I had never watched the original, but when I saw the trailer for the above mentioned film in the summer of 2011, I thought it was time to correct that, so I checked out the classic, followed by the sequels, the novelizations, books about the making of the films, the TV series, some of the cartoon show, the 2001 remake and became a hardcore Ape fan. So that is an example of a good thing a reboot can do. Furthermore, the reboot came about over forty years after the one from 1968. I believe films should be forty-years-old or older before they should be remade.

Jura 08-25-2015 12:36 PM

Dawn of the Rise of the Battle of the Revolution of the Planet of the Planet of The Apes: War

Sepholio 08-25-2015 12:59 PM

Get me another beer dragon lady.

DAMN iNATOR 08-26-2015 04:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeeboe (Post 4693580)
One reboot I did enjoy was "Rise of the Planet of the Apes". I had never watched the original, but when I saw the trailer for the above mentioned film in the summer of 2011, I thought it was time to correct that, so I checked out the classic, followed by the sequels, the novelizations, books about the making of the films, the TV series, some of the cartoon show, the 2001 remake and became a hardcore Ape fan. So that is an example of a good thing a reboot can do. Furthermore, the reboot came about over forty years after the one from 1968. I believe films should be forty-years-old or older before they should be remade.

Peter Jackson's King Kong remake was pretty amazing, too. But now that I've said that, of course you'll reply that you didn't care for it just to be contrarian, but whatever, it was excellent, IMO.

Sixx 08-26-2015 04:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAMN iNATOR (Post 4694121)
Peter Jackson's King Kong remake was pretty amazing, too. But now that I've said that, of course you'll reply that you didn't care for it just to be contrarian, but whatever, it was excellent, IMO.

I thought it sucked ass, but I didn't care for the original in the first place.

Zeeboe 08-26-2015 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAMN iNATOR (Post 4694121)

I thought it was alright. I guess you're not reading my posts. If a film is more then forty years old, I'm not against it being remade, depending on what it is.