TPWW Forums

TPWW Forums (https://www.tpwwforums.com/index.php)
-   mma forum (https://www.tpwwforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   MMA Thread (https://www.tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?t=65900)

Mercury Bullet 09-26-2007 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaggy
-Keith Jardine ($14,000) def. Chuck Liddell ($500,000)

Wow, that is freakin' ridiculous.

Stickman 09-26-2007 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mercury Bullet
Wow, that is freakin' ridiculous.

Why? Chuck is the face of the UFC, he brings in millions and millions of dollars. Jardine is not a household name going into the fight. When Jardine holds the belt for an extended period of time and sells out arenas he'll make Chuck money.

Reavant 09-26-2007 09:21 PM

Me and andrei after a training session
http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x...eandandrei.jpg

Crimson 09-26-2007 10:23 PM

Damn Arlovski looks like a skinny dude compared to you.

Mercury Bullet 09-27-2007 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stickman
Why? Chuck is the face of the UFC, he brings in millions and millions of dollars. Jardine is not a household name going into the fight. When Jardine holds the belt for an extended period of time and sells out arenas he'll make Chuck money.

You don't think that gap could stand to be narrowed just a little bit??? :wtf:

Two fighters paired up for a fight should never have such a huge gap in pay.

Dave Youell 09-27-2007 04:15 AM

Quote:

You don't think that gap could stand to be narrowed just a little bit??? :wtf:

Two fighters paired up for a fight should never have such a huge gap in pay.

Why not? It's all about who's the draw.

Hate to bring wrestling into this, But Hogan always deserved to get more as he put the asses in the seats

Reavant 09-27-2007 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crimson
Damn Arlovski looks like a skinny dude compared to you.

yea hes not that big of a dude hes just shredded

RP 09-27-2007 11:40 AM

I'd say 6'4 is pretty big. Awsome pick. I'm seriously thinking about training and fighting

Reavant 09-27-2007 03:34 PM

well compaired to me... i dont realize how big i am sometimes

Stickman 09-27-2007 06:33 PM

Arlovski should let the beard grow, instead of shaving a beard inside his true beard resulting in a five oclock shadow growing out of his beard.

Mercury Bullet 09-27-2007 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Youell
Why not? It's all about who's the draw.

Hate to bring wrestling into this, But Hogan always deserved to get more as he put the asses in the seats

Yeh, but it takes two fighters for a fight. I'm not saying the bigger draw doesn't deserve more, but there shouldn't be an absurd gap like that. It's not like Keith Jardine was some last second fill in that was walking by outside. He's nowhere near the draw that Liddell is, but 14k vs. 500k is ridiculous.

Stickman 09-27-2007 06:44 PM

Boxing has huge gaps as well. I'm sure when Tyson was fighting, he was getting millions more than his competition.

Mercury Bullet 09-27-2007 07:16 PM

Quote:

Boxing has huge gaps as well. I'm sure when Tyson was fighting, he was getting millions more than his competition.

Depends on who he was fighting...Holyfield, Lewis, even Spinks probably not. But against the Peter McNeely's and Francoise Botha's of course.

Stickman 09-27-2007 07:17 PM

Quote:

Depends on who he was fighting...Holyfield, Lewis, even Spinks probably not. But against the Peter McNeely's and Francoise Botha's of course.

EXACTLY my point. Keith Jardwho?

Mercury Bullet 09-27-2007 08:16 PM

Jardine isn't that much of a nobody, and UFC likes to push their boys from TUF. And Jardine is one of those boys.

RP 09-27-2007 10:37 PM

OMG i hope this Joe Scorala guy gets booted out hes suchs a fucking pussy.

RP 09-27-2007 10:44 PM

Oh wtf.. Serra should have booted his ass

RP 09-27-2007 10:47 PM

This black guy probably gets submitted in like 20 seconds.

RP 09-27-2007 10:59 PM

WTF is up with all this Christian bullshit Matt Hughes is spewing?

Reavant 09-28-2007 01:25 PM

Hughes is a nut case

HeartBreakMan2k 09-28-2007 09:53 PM

It didn't really come off like he was forcing it on his guys though. They're not allowed to read, no tv, no phone, no nothing, he found a loophole and got them the one book that he could get away with. They have the option to read it, it didn't come off like they were mandated to do so.

Reavant 09-29-2007 12:47 AM

haha if youve ever had a coach in anything before then you realize that he WAS basically forcing it on them. Not to mention the mandatory prayer and bible study time...

HeartBreakMan2k 09-29-2007 12:54 AM

Yeah cause I haven't been doing MMA for 12 years or wrestled since I was 6. I have had a coach, shit I've been in lock ins for event prep. It sucks, being able to read anything - even the bible would have been very accepted by anyone.

Mac didn't read, he was encouraged one last time but not forced. Hence he didn't read. And I will however agree that the prayer is a bit much - though I can't comment if they're forced to.

Reavant 09-29-2007 03:23 AM

:roll: haha easy tiger... the way hughes came to him that second time is the exact same way any coach comes up to you when you have a situation where he says its optional but everyone knows he expects you to do it. you cannot argue that....

therefore hughes = nut case

Rob 10-02-2007 06:18 PM

I absolutely guarantee Keith Jardine was paid more than the record shows. Dana White always looks after his guys when they deserve it.

And it looks like Matt Hamill is out of a rematch with Michael Bisping and the rumour is it's Bisping vs. Houston Alexander in Newcastle in January.

Stickman 10-02-2007 06:24 PM

Why can't Bisping fight in the States?

RP 10-02-2007 06:27 PM

It dont matter. Alexander is gunna punt his head off his shoulders and into the crowd in the first 10 seconds of the match.

Rob 10-02-2007 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RP
It dont matter. Alexander is gunna punt his head off his shoulders and into the crowd in the first 10 seconds of the match.

I'll put £100 on Bisping winning in the first round. Alexander is untested against any skilled fighter who won't stand in front and bang.

Rob 10-02-2007 06:59 PM

Quote:

The Bisping vs. Hamill rematch was meant to happen on the November show in New Jersey.

Kris P Lettus 10-02-2007 07:21 PM

Alexander is gonna distroy him..

:(

Reavant 10-02-2007 10:03 PM

thats sucks i wanted alexander and wanderlei to go at it

Reavant 10-02-2007 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob
I'll put £100 on Bisping winning in the first round. Alexander is untested against any skilled fighter who won't stand in front and bang.

HAHA ur nuts... he didnt even beat hamil... he was handed the win and other than the TUF finals the only people that bisbing have defeated have been elvis sinosec, eric schafer and a split to hamel that he did not win if he was in the states meanwhile houston has demolished jardine and sakara

Kris P Lettus 10-03-2007 11:20 AM

Jardine "stands in front and bangs" too so I have no idea why yopu're using that as an argument..

Reavant 10-03-2007 12:48 PM

he means alexander hasnt gone against a fighter who doesnt focus on stand up

Rob 10-03-2007 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reavant
HAHA ur nuts... he didnt even beat hamil... he was handed the win and other than the TUF finals the only people that bisbing have defeated have been elvis sinosec, eric schafer and a split to hamel that he did not win if he was in the states meanwhile houston has demolished jardine and sakara

Not taking anything away from Alexander. People are getting over excited about a man in his mid 30s with less than 2 minutes UFC experience. He hasn't had any pressure in his fights either. Bisping had shows build on his name. Granted he looked like shit against Hamill but that's one fight. Liddell looked like shit in his last 2 fights but I'd still tip him against 95% of the 205lbs division.

Kris P Lettus 10-03-2007 07:30 PM

I really don't care about his UFC experience..

A bad mother fucvker is a bad mother fucker regaurdless of where he honed his skills..

I mean, I beat that street fighter, King Kimbo, given two monthes to train, could fuck up alot of UFC heavyweights..

Rob 10-04-2007 07:38 AM

Quote:

THIS JUST SIGNED - Michael Bisping vs. Rashad Evans main event in November.

RP 10-04-2007 09:13 AM

lol wow he gets a contreversial decision and they they say fuck Tito ( trains with Hamill i believe ) and give Bisping, Tito's fight lol. I guess Tito was asking for a shit load of money that they werent going to pay.

Reavant 10-04-2007 03:02 PM

yaaaaaaay a fight between two undersized 205 lbers!!!!!

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2udJdWVa1Fw"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2udJdWVa1Fw" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Reavant 10-04-2007 03:03 PM

if they aree the main event in november, then that card sucks