TPWW Forums

TPWW Forums (https://www.tpwwforums.com/index.php)
-   wrestling forum (https://www.tpwwforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   K2 returning to end Asuka (https://www.tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?t=134475)

slik 01-16-2018 09:27 AM

K2 returning to end Asuka

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I can’t wait for Asuka’s undefeated streak to end next week. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/RAW?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#RAW</a> <a href="https://t.co/1ljIVz612x">pic.twitter.com/1ljIVz612x</a></p>&mdash; Jake (@JakeIsntJacob) <a href="https://twitter.com/JakeIsntJacob/status/953102610139176960?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 16, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Side note: I wonder if Michelle McCool will have Layla with her...LayCool was a good 'heel' team...also wonder if Vickie G will show up and yell 'Excuse Me'.

Bad News Gertner 01-16-2018 09:34 AM

I hope to God she does. Kelly is way better than that bland Asian.

Sixx 01-16-2018 09:56 AM

Who is this?

Tonya Harding 01-16-2018 11:09 AM

Kelly should go for the knee.

slik 01-16-2018 11:25 AM

lol

Bad News Gertner 01-16-2018 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tonya Harding (Post 5072124)
Kelly should go for the knee.

Well played

Anybody Thrilla 01-16-2018 12:21 PM

Kelly got really hot.

Theo Dious 01-16-2018 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anybody Thrilla (Post 5072163)
Kelly got really hot.

Yeah cause she grew up and doesn't look 12 anymore.

Anybody Thrilla 01-16-2018 05:48 PM

I never said I was perplexed by it. Just something I noticed.

KIRA 01-16-2018 08:25 PM

I would hope K2 would get in the ring with Asuka been a while since WWE crucified someone on television

Tom Guycott 01-16-2018 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anybody Thrilla (Post 5072163)
Kelly got really hot.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Theo Dious (Post 5072222)
Yeah cause she grew up and doesn't look 12 anymore.

Eh. She was always okay in a very generic way. Her government name is still very fitting as both a proper noun and descriptor.

I'm with Slik and hope Layla makes an appearance. Michelle McCool is optional.

Mr. Nerfect 01-17-2018 12:11 AM

Yeah, how you have a woman named "Barbie Blank" under your employ, and you find the need to change her name to "Kelly" escapes me. She was always hot, just not much use for her beyond being hot. She was the most improved of 2007 though, which makes her better than Alexa Bliss.

Tom Guycott 01-17-2018 01:43 AM

I don't see much difference in Kelly and Alexa in terms of "hotness". Not even her co-opting the Suicide Squad mojo changes that. She is, however, a better character (just being a total, unapologetic, dismissive bitch) and better promo. Also, less clumsy-looking and stilted in the ring than K2... which always struck me as funny, as her whole debut thing was her dancing pretty fluidly, but moving around in wrestling matches was like looking at a computer controlled character in a PS1 Smackdown game.

Mr. Nerfect 01-17-2018 02:04 AM

Alexa is a much better promo. Kelly screamed during her matches, but they were no more offensive. Neither crosses over into anywhere near "good" that you'd value them as an in-ring performer should you be starting up a company. Kelly has much nicer boobs.

Fignuts 01-17-2018 04:53 AM

I wouldn't even remotely compare the two in ring. Maybe when Bliss was in NXT a few years ago.

While I agree with previous comments you've made about some people overselling her ability, I think you sometimes take it to the point where you undersell just how much she's improved and how good she actually is now. She's not my favorite to watch in ring, but she has gotten good enough that I actually look forwars to her matches. If she continues to improve in ring at the rate she has, she could become one of their best talents. No one else can touch her confidence on the mic. Whether the word(likely prewritten) are good or not, she is one of the best on the roster in delivering them, and making you believe the words are her own. Her facials (stop giggling) are top notch as well.

Mr. Nerfect 01-17-2018 05:51 AM

Absolutely can't stand her facials. Agree on her potential and her natural promo ability -- she has been involved in some of the worst stuff of yesteryear, however. She's worth investing in. But you can make the same case for Kelly Kelly, except she can't talk as well.

Black Widow 01-17-2018 05:52 AM

Wish they had Alexa beat her in record time.

Frank Drebin 01-17-2018 07:55 AM

Fucking Summer Rae was better in the ring than Kelly.

Alexa is top notch on the mic and a bit above passable in the ring while still improving. She's had some decent matches and single handedly kept talking segments from turning into all time worsts (see Bayley: this is your life).

I can't name one thing Kelly is good at other than "boobs". She also represents the "bathroom break" era of women's wrestling.

Juan 01-17-2018 08:05 AM

This thread title is misleading, you just might get a neg rep from STD for this

Simple Fan 01-17-2018 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frank Drebin (Post 5072603)

Alexa is top notch on the mic and a bit above passable in the ring while still improving. She's had some decent matches and single handedly kept talking segments from turning into all time worsts (see Bayley: this is your life).

I can't name one thing Kelly is good at other than "boobs". She also represents the "bathroom break" era of women's wrestling.

Summer Rea was pretty good in the ring I thought. WWE just never gave her enough to do.

Juan 01-17-2018 10:05 AM

Define “good”

Simple Fan 01-17-2018 10:09 AM

Not bad

Juan 01-17-2018 10:15 AM

She was definitely improving in the ring toward the end there, dunno if I’d call her good tho

Juan 01-17-2018 10:15 AM

IMO

KIRA 01-17-2018 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frank Drebin (Post 5072603)

The the comments for the K2 Raw fallout vid there are people calling her a legend its beyond laughable

Anybody Thrilla 01-17-2018 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noid (Post 5072538)
Yeah, how you have a woman named "Barbie Blank" under your employ, and you find the need to change her name to "Kelly" escapes me. She was always hot, just not much use for her beyond being hot. She was the most improved of 2007 though, which makes her better than Alexa Bliss.

Fuck you for that one.

Anybody Thrilla 01-17-2018 03:48 PM

Noid, you are fucking on one if you think Kelly is anywhere near Alexa in the ring. You're trolling, right?

Anybody Thrilla 01-17-2018 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simple Fan (Post 5072633)
Summer Rea was pretty good in the ring I thought. WWE just never gave her enough to do.

I agree.

Destor 01-17-2018 03:50 PM

Bliss is very, very good. Shocked thats being debated.

Anybody Thrilla 01-17-2018 03:57 PM

Noid has hated her for a long time.

Emperor Smeat 01-17-2018 04:53 PM

Trying to think who were worse overall than Kelly Kelly in the ring and the only ones I can think off the top of my head are Eva Marie, Brie Bella, and maybe Jackie Gayda.

Don't think K2 ever learned how to correctly run the ropes during her entire time in the WWE.

https://media.giphy.com/media/TYLiVgnjE4SGY/giphy.gif

Mr. Nerfect 01-17-2018 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anybody Thrilla (Post 5072750)
Noid, you are fucking on one if you think Kelly is anywhere near Alexa in the ring. You're trolling, right?

How many good matches has Alexa had? I think you'll find it matches up perfectly with the exact number of matches that Kelly had.

Mr. Nerfect 01-17-2018 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anybody Thrilla (Post 5072759)
Noid has hated her for a long time.

I don't hate her. Don't misrepresent my points. I've always said she's got a lot of potential. I'd cut about half the roster before I cut Alexa. She's got a great look and can talk. I'd just take her out of an alleged main event position when I'm trying to promote a "Women's Evolution" and she's been doing this for four years.

She's the female Miz to me. She's fine in a certain position. She does things better than a lot of other women. She seems to have a great attitude and wants to be there and get better. But she's not fucking great or believable in the slightest. It's mathematically very unlikely that she would be at this stage of her development (and she is still developing).

Mr. Nerfect 01-17-2018 05:40 PM

Watched Alexa Bliss vs. Sasha Banks and Kelly Kelly vs. Victoria and Kelly Kelly vs. Jillian Hall as refreshers. Bliss/Banks was pretty bad. Kelly Kelly's matches were pretty bad too. I'd say Bliss was better, but not by any sort of appreciable standard. I think the agenting of the matches and the spot-based style the women work these days helps her out a lot.

Destor 01-17-2018 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noid (Post 5072805)
How many good matches has Alexa had? I think you'll find it matches up perfectly with the exact number of matches that Kelly had.

Cant remember waching any of her post nxt maches that were bad.

Fignuts 01-17-2018 07:24 PM

Alexa vs charlotte was better than anything kelly has ever done by a pretty wide margin.

Bad News Gertner 01-17-2018 07:50 PM

Extreme Expose vs Riott Squad

Frank Drebin 01-17-2018 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emperor Smeat (Post 5072786)
Trying to think who were worse overall than Kelly Kelly in the ring and the only ones I can think off the top of my head are Eva Marie, Brie Bella, and maybe Jackie Gayda.

Don't think K2 ever learned how to correctly run the ropes during her entire time in the WWE.

https://media.giphy.com/media/TYLiVgnjE4SGY/giphy.gif

From 2013:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Frank Drebin (Post 4326037)
Already Summer Rae > Kelly Kelly

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cool King (Post 4326048)
Funny that, I was just going to say that Summer Rae is reminding me of Kelly Kelly, with the only difference being that Summer can actually run the ropes.

Anybody Thrilla 01-17-2018 11:37 PM

Not really sure what you look at in a match, but I thought Bliss v. Banks at...Great Balls of Fire, was it?...was really good. I enjoyed her match with Asuka on Raw a couple weeks ago too. There are many more, but to your point, that's at very least TWO more good matches than Kelly Kelly ever had.

Anybody Thrilla 01-17-2018 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fignuts (Post 5072838)
Alexa vs charlotte was better than anything kelly has ever done by a pretty wide margin.

Yes, there's another one.