TPWW Forums

TPWW Forums (https://www.tpwwforums.com/index.php)
-   wrestling forum (https://www.tpwwforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   TJ Wilson and DJ Gabriel ... (https://www.tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?t=87755)

BigDaddyCool 02-25-2009 04:35 PM

TJ Wilson and DJ Gabriel ...

Is it only a matter of time before they are put in a tag team together then future endevored?

Juan 02-25-2009 04:40 PM

I hope not.

Tyson Kidd has been looking legit since his debut. No reason to think he's going to get future endeavored anytime soon.

DJ Gabriel is also really good, but lately he hasn't been getting the TV time he did when he first debuted, so I think it's more likely that he gets future endeavored, unfortunately. Like I said though, I hope they both stick around, I'm a fan of both.

However, I wouldn't put them in a tag team. Gabriel is face and Kidd seems more like a heel at the moment.

BigDaddyCool 02-25-2009 04:43 PM

I don't know. I haven't seen either of them, but they look similar. I don't know. DJ looks jacked, so he'll probably be caught soon.

Juan 02-25-2009 04:46 PM

You haven't seem them but they look similar? Explain...

BigDaddyCool 02-25-2009 04:59 PM

I haven't seen them in action, but from the pictures I've seen of them, they kinda look similar. Hold on.

BigDaddyCool 02-25-2009 05:04 PM

http://s603.photobucket.com/albums/t...09/ECW/001.jpg

http://s603.photobucket.com/albums/t...09/ECW/017.jpg

Lets pretend for a second that BDC is the average WWE fan that only rarely catches ECW because I'm flipping through the channels and land on it like once a month. You can see how someone who only catches it once in a while sees one guy in pink tights with a chick one week, then see another guy in purple tight 3 weeks down the road with a chick could confuse them especially with one being TJ the other DJ.

Jeritron 02-25-2009 05:05 PM

I'm far more interested in Tyson Kidd than Gabriel. That is to say, I haven't minded the very little I've seen of Tyson Kidd, and don't care for Gabriel at all.

Xero 02-25-2009 05:06 PM

http://s603.photobucket.com/albums/t...09/ECW/017.jpg
DOUCHE BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAG!

Juan 02-25-2009 05:07 PM

The average fan wouldn't know that Tyson Kidd's real name is TJ Wilson.

BigDaddyCool 02-25-2009 05:07 PM

Visually, they look like they could be a tag team. They could be a bastardized hart foundation. DJ Gaberiel has more of a Davey Boy Smith build than DH Smith does.

BigDaddyCool 02-25-2009 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juan (Post 2448136)
The average fan wouldn't know that Tyson Kidd's real name is TJ Wilson.

BDC would.

Jeritron 02-25-2009 05:09 PM

BDC, what in your wacky perception of pro wrestling defines "visual" potential as a tag team?

CSL 02-25-2009 05:09 PM

Me thinks there gonna go the Kidd and Smith route (Sound familiar?)

CSL 02-25-2009 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigDaddyCool (Post 2448098)
DJ looks jacked, so he'll probably be caught soon.

Genetic freak

BigDaddyCool 02-25-2009 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeritron (Post 2448141)
BDC, what in your wacky perception of pro wrestling defines "visual" potential as a tag team?

Are you saying from the pictures I've provided they don't look like they could easily form a tag team? You must remember I know nothing about them outside of the pictures. And that Tyson Kid = TJ Wilson.

Juan 02-25-2009 05:21 PM

I dunno, the only similarity I see is that they both have female valets.

If Kidd picked up some of Gabriels dance moves, then you'd have a case BDC.

BigDaddyCool 02-25-2009 05:22 PM

What, they are both foriegners in fruit colors.

Juan 02-25-2009 05:27 PM

Well in that case...

Jeritron 02-25-2009 05:30 PM

I just don't know what makes a visual tag team. "They look like they could be a tag team". Well, who doesn't?
There have been successful tag teams of all shapes and sizes, and incarnations. I don't think it's as much visual as it is a combination of talent, and the overall packaging.

Also, based on what I've seen I think they'd be a pretty lame tag team unless they both took upon a new tag team gimmick (ie Rockabilly and The Roadie becoming the Outlaws)

Juan 02-25-2009 05:33 PM

Dolph Ziggler & Jack Swagger > Tyson Kidd & DJ Gabriel

BigDaddyCool 02-25-2009 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeritron (Post 2448198)
I just don't know what makes a visual tag team. "They look like they could be a tag team". Well, who doesn't?
There have been successful tag teams of all shapes and sizes, and incarnations. I don't think it's as much visual as it is a combination of talent, and the overall packaging.

Also, based on what I've seen I think they'd be a pretty lame tag team unless they both took upon a new tag team gimmick (ie Rockabilly and The Roadie becoming the Outlaws)

I don't know some sort of homage to Harts would probably work.

Jeritron 02-25-2009 05:39 PM

I'd like to have seen the new generation Hart foundation but I think that ship has just about sailed.
There are some good supporting characters, but it is hard to build them without a real Hart or a standout star.
It would have been nice to see Teddy Hart develop into a star and lead a lot of these guys, maybe even in an angle against Legacy.

BigDaddyCool 02-25-2009 05:48 PM

Naw, you are thinking to narrowly. Wilson is a canuck and trained by Stu, he has a reason to be there.

And DJ Gabriel, I mean comeone, english, bulldog is english. I've heard of worse reason to team people up.

BigDaddyCool 02-25-2009 05:49 PM

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_Lj5KP8OgZV...oy%2BSmith.jpg

http://s603.photobucket.com/albums/t...09/ECW/001.jpg

Close enough for me.

The Fonz 02-25-2009 05:54 PM

Dancing British fool and black chick + One leaf haired Canadian with pink tights and thick sister/friend/lover=Tag Team?

Kane86 02-25-2009 06:35 PM

DJ Gabriel needs a new gimmick.

Savio 02-25-2009 06:41 PM

I want to fuck that black chick

Savio 02-25-2009 06:44 PM

http://kungfuzion.com/divas/TC01.jpg

Afterlife 02-25-2009 07:05 PM

Gabriel is fantastic.

thedamndest 02-25-2009 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Savior (Post 2448280)

If you just glance at that pic it looks like she has a huge labia hanging down.

RatedGSuperstar 02-25-2009 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Savior (Post 2448280)

I posted that pic a few weeks ago, I think. God damn she's fine. :love:

I want to see Kidd start having matches longer than 90 seconds. He's looked good in squash matches, but I want to see how he handles himself in a 3-5 minute match. I know there's not time for much more than squash matches on ECW, but we've basically seen the same few moves from him the past few weeks.

It doesn't help that there's basically no good faces for him to go over at the moment. Having him go over Dreamer would make Dreamer's chase for the ECW title look like more of a joke than it already has been, Boogen's not jobbing while they try to build him up as some kind of force against Burchill, it's too soon to be going over Finlay (although that might make for an interesting mini-feud once Finlay's out of the ECW title picture), and as awesome as a Kidd-Christian match would be, the Internet might explode if Christian jobbed there. It seemed like they were teasing some kind of program with Jamie Noble before Noble started getting squashed every week on Raw...that might've been interesting if they could've found time for it.

Lock Jaw 02-25-2009 10:12 PM

Until he debuted, I always thought this "TJ Wilson" character I kept hearing about was a female.

Kane Knight 02-25-2009 10:53 PM

Don't be an idiot, BDC.

Mr. Nerfect 02-25-2009 11:56 PM

"TJ Wilson" doesn't exist in the WWE. He's "Tyson Kidd." It'd make more sense to team him up with Shawn Michaels because they both use Flying Elbows, kick and they have the "Kidd/Heartbreak Kid" thing in common.

I think Tyson Kidd and Natalya could work some stuff on SmackDown!, as well as ECW. Natalya is still officially part of the SmackDown! roster, I believe, and there is actually a title for her to win there. Kidd could have some matches with Jimmy Wang Yang and Hurricane Helms before they decide what to do with him.

Juan 02-26-2009 03:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Afterlife (Post 2448295)
Gabriel is fantastic.

I agree.

I think there's hope for Gabriel. His match against Mark Henry last night was far from a squash.

Mr. Nerfect 02-26-2009 03:31 AM

I can see Gabriel being supplementary drafted to RAW, or something.

Krimzon7 02-26-2009 09:06 AM

Squash Fodder for the big dogs. Unless Alicia Fox get's mad over. She is fucking hot.

BigDaddyCool 02-26-2009 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noid (Post 2448595)
"TJ Wilson" doesn't exist in the WWE. He's "Tyson Kidd." It'd make more sense to team him up with Shawn Michaels because they both use Flying Elbows, kick and they have the "Kidd/Heartbreak Kid" thing in common.

I think Tyson Kidd and Natalya could work some stuff on SmackDown!, as well as ECW. Natalya is still officially part of the SmackDown! roster, I believe, and there is actually a title for her to win there. Kidd could have some matches with Jimmy Wang Yang and Hurricane Helms before they decide what to do with him.

No one is talking to you, get the hell out.

Anybody Thrilla 02-26-2009 11:42 AM

I really don't see either of these guys getting future endeavored any time soon. Especially Tyson Kidd. He's on the shortlist of 'people to pay attention to' on WWE programming right now.

I like DJ Gabriel as well, but it seems unclear as to what they're trying to do with him. He showed up and won every match. It looked like they were starting to feud him with Burchill, but Teddy Long flat out denied Paul the match when he aske for it, and it was never brought up again. Then he's off TV for what seemed like forever, and he's back now and jobbing to Mark Henry. That COULD be a bad sign, but not really.

BDC, I have to ask though...what was your motivation for posting this thread about two people you've never even seen work?

BigDaddyCool 02-26-2009 12:50 PM

They look similar, TJ/DJ sounds similar (I know TJ = Tyson Kidd on WWE programming, but for whatever reason I want to call him TJ Wilson every time I see him) and yeah. That was my motivation, oh and to have a thread where I'm not out right bitching about something. Just saying that could be a team from what I know of them. Take it for whatever.