TPWW Forums

TPWW Forums (https://www.tpwwforums.com/index.php)
-   sports forum (https://www.tpwwforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   NFL 2012 Off-Season Thread (https://www.tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?t=117203)

Skippord 03-12-2012 02:26 PM

apparently Peyton is visiting the Titans soon

dead inside now

Ermaximus 03-12-2012 03:01 PM

He's just shopping around.

Hanso Amore 03-12-2012 03:09 PM

I wish I followed a real NFL team. Bills arent even TRYING for manning, they know they have no chance.

FearedSanctity 03-12-2012 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skippord (Post 3794031)
apparently Peyton is visiting the Titans soon

dead inside now

This is likely the only time Peyton will be a free agent. He might as well see what's out there

James Steele 03-12-2012 03:58 PM

I'd like for him to go to Tennessee. The Titans have a soft spot in my heart since I'm the last generation to remember the Oilers.

Emperor Smeat 03-12-2012 03:59 PM

Going to laugh if Miami doesn't get Peyton considering how over-zealous the media got there and might have "scared" him out of town. He's used to playing and living in a more calmer area unlike the more hectic Miami area.

Him going to Tennessee would be a worst case scenario for the Colts because now they'd have to face him twice a season and nothing motivates a player more than playing against his old club.

Ermaximus 03-12-2012 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smelly Meatball (Post 3794095)
Going to laugh if Miami doesn't get Peyton considering how over-zealous the media got there and might have "scared" him out of town. He's used to playing and living in a more calmer area unlike the more hectic Miami area.

Him going to Tennessee would be a worst case scenario for the Colts because now they'd have to face him twice a season and nothing motivates a player more than playing against his old club.

Considering the Colts have almost nothing left on their team, I don't think it'd make too much of a difference anyways.

EDIT: I take that back, they still have Austin Collie.

Skippord 03-12-2012 06:21 PM

holy balls the Redskins got a ton docked from their Salary Cap

CSL 03-12-2012 06:37 PM

Tebow and Manning have the same amount of playoff game winning drives, crazyyyy

Next Big Thing 03-12-2012 07:45 PM

Well that makes RG III's first couple of years that much shittier. Daniel Sneider can't win for losing.

DaveBrawl 03-12-2012 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krimzon7 (Post 3793839)
Nah bro, tebow has been the red headed bastard stepchild that mcdaniels left behind after the divorce. Since mcdaniels was fired, Tim tebow has been loved by fans, and hated by management. Elway has public ally heted on the kid every chance he got. He only threw his lukewarm support behind him after the nation latched onto their winning streak. Denver management has every right to want a new quarterback, but they have been classless in their handling of Tim tebow. I hope they get manning, cut tebow and go 3-13.

Which is kind of sad when you consider that's how Dan Reeves was to Elway.

Manning or not I'm gonna miss Tim because he's likely gone after this season unless he shows dramatic improvement, since no one seems to want to wait for him to develop some more. Everyone expects Aaron Rogers or Matt Stafford, but forget it took them several years to get as good as they are. I'd love to see Tebow learn from Manning and it would probably make a smart business move, but it is very unlikely to happen. They'll probably end up losing both and end up with some draft pick that amounts to nothing.

CSL 03-12-2012 09:33 PM

Randy Moss signs with the 49ers, not baddddd

Nark Order 03-12-2012 11:31 PM

I'll take it. I'll take it, indeed.

Gonna be sooo fucking weird seeing Niners fans in Randy Moss jerseys though.

SlickyTrickyDamon 03-13-2012 01:27 AM

He probably won't make the team after training camp and get cut and re-retire. I would wait on buying the jerseys.

RP 03-13-2012 05:27 AM

I LOVE YOU PEYTON!

FearedSanctity 03-13-2012 06:54 AM

It's over, RP. Just let him go

Krimzon7 03-13-2012 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CSL (Post 3794212)

That's an astonishing fact.

FearedSanctity 03-13-2012 08:44 AM

Vic Lombardi brings up a good point. Even though Manning may still be a day or two from making his decision, watching where guys like Wayne, Saturday and Clark end up would be a good indicator. Especially if they all end up signing for one team

Innovator 03-13-2012 10:01 AM

Huge fist pump at my desk, Giants reached agreement with Terrell Thomas.

James Steele 03-13-2012 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CSL (Post 3794212)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krimzon7 (Post 3794870)
That's an astonishing fact.

Peyton Manning doesn't get down by 21 points in most of his games.

Evil Vito 03-13-2012 01:33 PM

<font color=goldenrod>Thomas' deal is for 4 years, $28.4 million with $11 million guaranteed.

No lie, that's a LOT more than I thought he would get considering he's coming off of his 2nd torn ACL. It's definitely risky. But having a healthy Webster, Prince, and T2 in the same backfield would be glorious.</font>

Kris P Lettus 03-13-2012 02:35 PM

Saints home SuperBowl is looking pretty weak ATM..

:(

Kris P Lettus 03-13-2012 02:45 PM

Franchised Brees, resigned Colston, and made Nicks a "respectable" offer last night.. Prolly gonna lose Meachum and Porter for sure..

But with this BountyGate shit and with potential loses of draft picks, suspensions of players and possibly for Coach Payton, I feel like it's 2002, not 2012..

Pretty "gutted" rite now..

Atleast I have the Hornets..oh wait..

:'(

Nark Order 03-13-2012 03:59 PM

9ers sign Perrish Cox to a two year deal. I suppose this means Carlos Rogers is headed elsewhere. :( Hopefully not.

I suppose we always needed an alleged rapist on our team for good measure. Now the spot is filled.

Evil Vito 03-13-2012 04:01 PM

<font color=goldenrod>Dolphins trade Brandon Marshall to the Bears. Nice job of trading away your top weapon when you're trying to get Peyton Manning.</font>

Innovator 03-13-2012 04:01 PM

Adam Schefter ‏ @AdamSchefter Close
Filed to ESPN: Dolphins trade WR Brandon Marshall to Bears for 3rd-round pick in 2012 and 3rd-round pick in 2013. Marshall rejoins Cutler.

Innovator 03-13-2012 04:01 PM

DAMMIT VITO. I LIVE FOR FREE AGENCY.

Innovator 03-13-2012 04:02 PM

Terrence Newman is gone from the Cowboys, shame seeing him go. He was good for a couple blown coverages/getting beat.

Corndad 03-13-2012 04:14 PM

Well with Marshall going to Bears, there goes any chance of Manning going to Dolphins

Next Big Thing 03-13-2012 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kris P Lettus (Post 3795119)
Franchised Brees, resigned Colston, and made Nicks a "respectable" offer last night.. Prolly gonna lose Meachum and Porter for sure..

But with this BountyGate shit and with potential loses of draft picks, suspensions of players and possibly for Coach Payton, I feel like it's 2002, not 2012..

Pretty "gutted" rite now..

Atleast I have the Hornets..oh wait..

:'(

Can't wait to return to NOLA and watch the Falcons win in the Superdome.

Hanso Amore 03-13-2012 04:22 PM

Mario Williams meeting with the Bills tonight.

They have 30 million in cap space and have said they have only two targets they are going after hard. Williams and Robert Meachem as a number two WR.

Im torn, part of me feels like no way he comes here, and probably using the bills to drive his cost up...but at the same time, they are the FIRST team he is visiting, and that has to count for something.

Honestrly the Bills could contend with an improved pass rush and a decent draft.

A Front Four of Williams, Kyle Williams, Marcel Dareus and Chris Kelsay/Merriman in a situational role is pretty fucking sick.

Next Big Thing 03-13-2012 04:29 PM

If he wants to win and be relevant, he'll choose Atlanta. If he wants to finish 3rd in his division every year for the next 3 or 4 years, I guess he'd go to Buffalo.

Hanso Amore 03-13-2012 04:31 PM

If he wants a desparate team to make him the highest paid DE in the league, he will land in Buffalo.

MVP 03-13-2012 04:37 PM

Really want the Pats to land Mario Williams. Apparently Chicago is the favorite right now.

Hanso Amore 03-13-2012 04:37 PM

I dont think the Bills are far off from contending for a Wild Card. They dropped off last year after Fitz broke his ribs and they lost Fred Jackson for the year. If they add a Legit number two WR, if they somehow landed an elite pass rusher (which they havent had in years) and they finally avoid the injury bug that put out 9 starters last year, they could win 10 games.

Hanso Amore 03-13-2012 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MVP (Post 3795261)
Really want the Pats to land Mario Williams. Apparently Chicago is the favorite right now.

I dont see how Chicago could make that work with all the money Peppers makes and the fact that they just added Marhsalls contract.

I would kill someone if he goes to the Pats.

CSL 03-13-2012 04:54 PM

Garcon to Redskins, Bills "in the lead" for Mario Williams according to NFL Network

Nark Order 03-13-2012 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Next Big Thing (Post 3795253)
If he wants to win and be relevant, he'll choose Atlanta.

Are we watching the same team?

Nark Order 03-13-2012 05:02 PM

Atlanta to me has just always been around. I've never taken them seriously in the playoffs and I've never really been wrong. Dunno. Being better than average every year is good I suppose.

Emperor Smeat 03-13-2012 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MVP (Post 3795261)

:drool: that front line would become beast-like if he was on the Pats. Still wouldn't fix the issue of the CBs and secondary being pretty bad but it would solve the issue of them not being able to pressure the QB enough.

Also would be a huge loss for the Texans who have built their defense around him and now with the Colts supremacy over, that division could belong to the Texans for a few years with Williams.