TPWW Forums

TPWW Forums (https://www.tpwwforums.com/index.php)
-   wrestling forum (https://www.tpwwforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   WWE:NXT Discussion Thread (https://www.tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?t=119000)

VSG 05-11-2012 05:06 PM

WWE:NXT Discussion Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by PWI
WWE NXT GRADUATING TO ITS OWN TAPINGS, MOVING TO FLORIDA
By Mike Johnson on 2012-05-11 12:46:57

WWE NXT will be graduating to its own tapings, combined with WWE developmental Florida Championship Wrestling starting on Thursday 5/17 at 7 PM.
The tapings will be held at Full Sail University in Winter Park, FL (near Orlando) at the Full Sail Live gym. Tickets for the tapings will be free to FSU staff and students with ID as long as they reserve the tickets in advance. No word yet as to how the general public can attend.

I am told one of the reasons the tapings, which will be branded as "WWE Superstar Showdown", are being moved are to make it easier to integrate WWE developmental talent into the mix for NXT. The hope is that the University feel will give the show a chance for better crowd reactions as well as help upgrade FCW TV to a "grander" look than the FCW Arena in Tampa can provide. The plan is to upgrade NXT and give it more attention as opposed to it being a secondary show on the Smackdown tapings.

HHH is behind the moves and will be very involved with the tapings. He was said to be a big fan of the facility when he and other company executives, including Kevin Dunn and Stephanie McMahon scouted last year.

This past December, WWE filmed several potential pilots at the facility and signed an exclusivity deal with the University to prevent any other wrestling-related events from being held there. Full Sail is an entertainment media university with state of the art production facilities.

Triple H is advertised for the initial taping, which will also feature Sheamus vs. Alberto Del Rio and R-Truth & Kofi Kingston vs. Epico & Primo.

Currently scheduled tapings:

May 17, 2012
June 14, 2012
July 5, 2012
July 19, 2012
August 9, 2012
August 23, 2012
September 6, 2012
September 20, 2012

http://www.pwinsider.com/article/683...orida.html?p=1

This is huge for NXT! A university and its hopefully enthusiastic crowd may be just what it needed to establish itself as a 3rd brand. Triple H's support is not something to laugh at either. What are your thoughts?

#BROKEN Hasney 05-11-2012 05:08 PM

Considering its been the best hour of wrestling on TV (again, since most of Season 1 was), this could be quite awesome.

Ol Dirty Dastard 05-11-2012 05:47 PM

awesome!

Mr. Nerfect 05-11-2012 07:28 PM

I'm really, really intrigued.

Droford 05-11-2012 07:56 PM

WWE NXT, the best show in Orlando Florida!

Cool King 05-11-2012 08:15 PM

I don't watch NXT, mostly because it's on a channel I don't get but this news, like Noid, makes me very intrigued. I'll be checking it out. :y:

I honestly think that only good things can come from this.

Blitz 05-12-2012 12:27 AM

Damn, always wanted to go to Full Sail.

SlickyTrickyDamon 05-12-2012 02:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Droford (Post 3856280)
WWE NXT, the best show in Orlando Florida!

Indeed.

nolanve 05-12-2012 07:04 PM

Haven't watched any of these guys since their original NXT runs... and they were all pretty awful. I'll check out a recent episode to see how much they have grown.

XCaliber 05-12-2012 07:04 PM

nXt > TNA

Juan 05-13-2012 05:29 PM

Quote:

A WWE Twitter page is teasing the possibility that Jim Ross and William Regal "may end up announcing" the new WWE NXT shows that will be taped at Full Sail University. Ross has retweeted the info on his Twitter page.

VSG 05-13-2012 05:37 PM

Ya just saw that. I am hoping they introduce a new roster as well, or at least new roster members. Can't wait to see this in action.

jerichoholicninja 05-13-2012 09:30 PM

Is it still a reality competition or just a regular show now? I haven't payed any attention since season 2.

VSG 05-13-2012 09:32 PM

Regular show but a very decent one.

Mr. Nerfect 05-13-2012 09:59 PM

Glad that the commentary team seems like it's going to be Jim Ross and William Regal. Although he is new, Regal is already a pretty great commentator that will blend/clash well with JR. I see them quickly becoming my favourite duo in the entire WWE.

SlickyTrickyDamon 05-13-2012 10:29 PM

Regal is kindof goofy with his announcing. Hopefully they can get back on track and give NXT some respect announce wise.
Shitting on the show constantly got pretty old fast.

Fox 05-13-2012 10:37 PM

As a graduate from Full Sail University, I have to say that this is an amazing move for both parties. I would give anything to go back and be in school while WWE NXT was being produced on campus - probably would've tried to nudge my way onto the production team somehow.

SlickyTrickyDamon 05-13-2012 10:40 PM

Is Full Sail known for being a party campus?

I'd like to remind you all that Vince complained when WCW went to places like Fort Lauderdale and other party college campuses during the Monday Night Wars.

Emperor Smeat 05-13-2012 10:53 PM

Should be interesting to see what visual changes get done to NXT and eventually the rest of the WWE's shows since Full Sail's equipment is used a lot in Hollywood and with ESPN.

VSG 05-13-2012 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlickyTrickyDamon (Post 3857699)
Is Full Sail known for being a party campus?

Fox graduated from there. I think that says it all.

Mr. Nerfect 05-14-2012 12:15 AM

The new NXT needs a lot of Kassius Ohno.

Gertner 05-14-2012 07:39 PM

Really looking forward to this. Also, vote Iop for new mod.

VSG 05-14-2012 08:50 PM

Damn: https://www.facebook.com/events/230860637023070/

https://fbcdn-profile-a.akamaihd.net...07965318_n.jpg
Quote:

This event is sold out.

WWE and Full Sail University are combining forces to make entertainment history! The WWE Franchise NXT is coming to Full Sail University on Thursday, May 17th, 2012! A powerhouse night of hard-hitting action returns to the Full Sail Live Venue as WWE invades the Full Sail University campus!

The night will feature a special appearance by WWE’s own Triple H and includes a WWE Superstar Showdown with World Heavyweight Champion Sheamus going against Alberto Del Rio for the World Heavyweight Championship and Kofi Kingston and R-Truth going against Epico and Primo for the World Tag Team title!

Want to sit ringside? Wear your favorite WWE shirt and bring your most creative wrestling sign and you could find yourself closer to the action than you ever imagined.

Tommy Gunn 05-15-2012 07:49 PM

Aight I'm back on board with NXT, haven't see any of it since a few eps of season 4.

VSG 05-15-2012 08:50 PM

This week's episode will still be taped tonight (already done I think). I guess they will announce something at the tapings tonight about the move.

Fox 05-17-2012 05:21 PM

A friend of mine got a spot on the camera team. BASTARD.

Juan 05-17-2012 09:29 PM

SPOILER: show
Dusty Rhodes is the new NXT authority figure. Rhodes was revealed for the new role at the first NXT TV taping Thursday at Full Sail University in Florida.

VSG 05-17-2012 09:48 PM

Oh wow they are going full swing here :y:

Emperor Smeat 05-17-2012 09:57 PM

Going to be interesting to see how that gets done considering

Regal was the current authority figure and wasn't abusing his power like heel GMs. Unless Dusty Rhodes somehow gets revealed as being the one behind the Percy situation its going to feel like an odd and random switch to Dusty

Juan 05-18-2012 01:06 AM

WWE taped the first four editions of WWE NXT tonight from Full Sail University in Winter Park, Florida. Below are full results.

- Dusty Rhodes was announced as the new General Manager of NXT.

Dark Match:

* Xavier Woods b. Dean Ambrose

* After the match, Triple H came out to thank the crowd for coming. He told the crowd that just like Full Sail is the future of the entertainment business, NXT is the future of WWE. He announced that the upcoming episodes of NXT will air in over 60 countries.

WWE NXT #1

* Jim Ross & William Regal come out for commentary. JR introduces the new General Manager of NXT, Dusty Rhodes.

* Bo Dallas (aka Bo Rotundo) b. Rick Victor

* Ascension (Conor O’Brian & Kenneth Cameron) b. CJ Parker & Mike Dalton

* Jason Jordan comes out to face Damien Sandow, but Sandow cuts a promo, refusing to compete against him.

* Tyson Kidd b. Michael McGillicutty by submission with the Dungeon Lock.

WWE NXT #2

* Seth Rollins b. Jiro. After the match, Rollins got a mic and told the crowd that he’s going to take WWE by storm.

* Jinder Mahal b. Jason Jordan by submission with the Camel Clutch.

* Leo Kruger b. Aiden English. Kruger cut a heel promo after the match.

* Richie Steamboat b. Rick Victor. Ricky Steamboat was ringside in support of Richie.

WWE NXT #3

* Antonio Cesaro w/ Aksana b. Dante Dash. After the match, Aksana got a mic and told the crowd that Cesaro is her lover, then kissed him.

* Sofia Cortez b. Paige

* Seth Rollins b. Camacho w/ Hunico

* Kassius Ohno b. Mike Dalton

WWE NXT #4

* The Ascension b. The Usos via a Neckbreaker into Flapjack combination.

* Bray Wyatt b. Aiden English via a Swinging Flatliner.

* Michael McGillicutty, Hunico & Camacho b. Tyson Kidd, Seth Rollins & Bo Dallas following a McGillicutter on Tyson.

#BROKEN Hasney 05-18-2012 02:31 AM

Holy fuck, I cannot wait. Best commentary team and GM in the business and a bunch of people I've never heard of as well as some good main events.

I'm assuming those spoilers are just the matches or the backstage stuff wasnt shown to the crowd though, otherwise the GM role is a little pointless.

Evil Vito 05-18-2012 07:12 AM

<font color=goldenrod>I wasn't sure if this was actually gonna be televised or shown on WWE.com or whatever, but the fact that they turned Bo Rotundo into Bo Dallas pretty much confirms that it is. Can't use their real name, after all.

Also interesting that they withheld Dean Ambrose. Guessing they're still being saved for one of the main shows.</font>

What Would Kevin Do? 05-18-2012 07:15 AM

Bray Wyatt wrestled on the 4th show.

Also, they're going to run into the ROH problem. Mainly that taping so many shows at once is going to burn out the crowd.

#BROKEN Hasney 05-18-2012 07:26 AM

They might get away with it. Drunk college people and all, but we probably won't know for sure for 4 weeks.

Actually pumped for it.

Evil Vito 05-18-2012 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by What Would Kevin Do? (Post 3862283)
Bray Wyatt wrestled on the 4th show.

Also, they're going to run into the ROH problem. Mainly that taping so many shows at once is going to burn out the crowd.

<font color=goldenrod>I said Dean Ambrose and Bray Wyatt initially...then realized Wyatt had wrestled, but I deleted Ambrose's name instead. I'm an idiot. :o

Anyway I think they might pipe in some reactions by week 4 if need be.</font>

Ultra Mantis 05-18-2012 07:49 AM

Where is Johnny Curtis? :'(

#1-norm-fan 05-18-2012 08:28 AM

I'm on the fence. I like the thought of seeing all the new talent but I don't like the huge sudden shake-up like Regal getting replaced as GM and a lot of the "established" for lack of a better term, NXT guys and divas not being on any of these.

Also, I have the feeling they're gonna drop some things with no explanation? Like the Percy Watson attack angle and Hawkins and Ryder's feud with Regal and Striker.

Ultra Mantis 05-18-2012 09:05 AM

Since the NXT regulars outside of Kidd & McGillycutter are nowhere to be seen I would assume that it's more or less going to be an upscaled FCW TV. The old format, angles, etc are all likely to be scrapped. Kind of loved all the silly angles and character development on NXT. It gave all these jobbers more depth and personality than 2/3rds of the main roster.

Ermaximus 05-18-2012 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ultra Mantis (Post 3862290)
Where is Johnny Curtis? :'(

Jobbing to Derrick Bateman. :lol:

Also, yay Richie Steamboat on TV!

SlickyTrickyDamon 05-18-2012 09:58 AM

Are they just filming months of stuff in Florida in one day just as a rib on TNA?