TPWW Forums

TPWW Forums (https://www.tpwwforums.com/index.php)
-   wrestling forum (https://www.tpwwforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   BREAKING: I'm afraid I've got some Bad News....King Barrett gives notice to the WWE (https://www.tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?t=131097)

slik 02-16-2016 04:35 PM

BREAKING: I'm afraid I've got some Bad News....King Barrett gives notice to the WWE

Quote:

King Barrett has reportedly given notice to WWE officials that he will not be re-signing with the company when his current contract expires in June, according to a report on Pro Wrestling Sheet. Barrett is said to be unhappy with his position in the company. More as it becomes available.

http://wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2016...g-wwe-in-june/

Rammsteinmad 02-16-2016 04:41 PM

Sucks. Really does.

But there's so many people "in his position", it's hard to really care.

Rammsteinmad 02-16-2016 04:42 PM

I suppose being injury-prone doesn't help matters either.

Big Vic 02-16-2016 04:44 PM

Why give his notice now? They are only going to job him for 4 months.

Shadrick 02-16-2016 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Vic (Post 4771635)

Unless they really want to keep him.

Emperor Smeat 02-16-2016 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Vic (Post 4771635)

If past instances is any indication, probably was the WWE wanting to know early about his status for possible contract extensions. Could pull a Ziggler and sign an extension later but doubt it considering his injury prone body and WWE dropping the ball on him multiple times when it came to pushes.

screech 02-16-2016 05:26 PM

Cocks. Big fan, but the combination of shit booking and all the injuries wasn't going to get him much further than he got.

erickman 02-16-2016 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smelly Meatball (Post 4771656)
If past instances is any indication, probably was the WWE wanting to know early about his status for possible contract extensions. Could pull a Ziggler and sign an extension later but doubt it considering his injury prone body and WWE dropping the ball on him multiple times when it came to pushes.

guess he gets to rejoin drew, i want him to feud with ken anderson 2 wrestlers in the screwed up chances club

Ruien 02-16-2016 06:21 PM

Meh. He was jobbing before this so I doubt there will be mucharged difference in his character.

Shadrick 02-16-2016 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruien (Post 4771695)
Meh. He was jobbing before this so I doubt there will be mucharged difference in his character.

cm punk 2011?

Damian Rey 2.0 02-16-2016 06:37 PM

WHAT'S POOR ANNOUNCEMENT PAUL DOING IN THE IMPACT ZONE!?

Evil Vito 02-16-2016 06:50 PM

Barrett really should have won the WWE Title in 2010 and main evented WrestleMania 27 against Cena in my opinion. Yes he was still relatively green but it's not like they were averse to having someone outside of the old guard main eventing the show (The Miz) and a brilliantly booked story with Cena would have felt like a worthwhile payoff to the Nexus storyline. Nexus simply "firing" Cena right after Survivor Series only for him to show up every week and vanquish Barrett within a month was just terrible. AND they could have still had Cena interact with The Rock to build up the once, err, twice in a lifetime match the next night on Raw. Could even have had The Miz cash in that night too if they wanted to still go with him getting a title run and a Cena program in the interim.

Anyway, Barrett was still salvageable even after the Nexus debacle but unfortunately his body just kept betraying him anytime it seemed they were going to go somewhere with him. And eventually WWE just gave up and saddled him in with the perennial midcard brigade. I can't blame him for looking for a new challenge if he does indeed leave.

Blonde Moment 02-16-2016 07:57 PM

Best thing for him in the long run

Rammsteinmad 02-16-2016 08:05 PM

Barrett would be absolutely glorious behind the announce table.

#1-norm-fan 02-16-2016 08:09 PM

Fuck this company

Shisen Kopf 02-16-2016 08:11 PM

They should bring back Muhammad Hassan to be in the league of nations

Theo Dious 02-16-2016 08:36 PM

No way this is WWE's fault. They gave him a lot of really good chances, but injuries torpedoed each one. They can't be faulted for not pushing him back to the front of the line after at least three bad luck situations killed the time and effort they put into him. Best of luck to him, I'm definitely going to miss him.

#1-norm-fan 02-16-2016 08:43 PM

Injury wasn't to blame when he came back after weeks of vignettes hyping him as a bad ass bareknuckle fighter and then within 2 weeks of his return he was running away from fights and playing the generic chickenshit heel.

#1-norm-fan 02-16-2016 08:52 PM

Or when he won King of the Ring and followed it up by immediately jobbing to R-Truth a couple times and falling back into nothingness.

Evil Vito 02-16-2016 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by #1-wwf-fan (Post 4771768)
Injury wasn't to blame when he came back after weeks of vignettes hyping him as a bad ass bareknuckle fighter and then within 2 weeks of his return he was running away from fights and playing the generic chickenshit heel.

:'(

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/5vRC6inoQeI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#1-norm-fan 02-16-2016 09:04 PM

I just can't fathom how you film those vignettes and then book them the way they did when he came back. It's insane how they could be that lazy with building a character. I assume there was some actual thought put into the direction they wanted to go with him when those vignettes were decided on. And then he comes back and it's instantly "paint-by-numbers heel" time. These are actual professional writers. lol How does that even happen?

Part of me wishes they'd just go full-on Lucha Underground because they're about a billion times better at building up a character and giving them a distinct personality in hype videos than they are when it comes to booking.

KIRA 02-16-2016 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vito Cruz (Post 4771776)
:'(

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/5vRC6inoQeI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I thought we were gonna get to watch him just beat the piss outta everyone.
:(

Also League of Nations might just take the title of worst stable from X-factor for me. The only thing saving them is that kick-ass theme song.

Evil Vito 02-16-2016 09:11 PM

I could see Barrett thriving creatively he goes to TNA. I mean, being important in TNA barely matters anymore and it's always a "LOLTNA" kind of thing when they bring in ex-WWE guys and push them, but Christ. He's got a great look, can talk, and is a good worker. Injury prone yes but it doesn't exactly take an Einstein to not make a guy like that look like shit.

Jordan 02-16-2016 10:05 PM

I feel like TNA would be a good fit for him as well. What name did he rassle by before WWE?

SlickyTrickyDamon 02-16-2016 10:46 PM

It's a top trending topic on Facebook.

Heisenberg 02-16-2016 11:02 PM

If he goes to TNA he better beat the fuck out of Bram for signing all those god damn contracts

SlickyTrickyDamon 02-16-2016 11:20 PM

Better days....until John Cena said so.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/2xXhXXyLbAY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

SlickyTrickyDamon 02-16-2016 11:22 PM

The Barruttt Barrraaaaage.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/uXZP0Vs5udI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

SlickyTrickyDamon 02-16-2016 11:22 PM

:(

DAMN iNATOR 02-17-2016 12:50 AM

Could've been WWE WHC at some point early on, but I think he sees that the opportunity has long passed him and that the pastures may well be greener elsewhere.

At least he has 5× IC reigns, a Slammy from 2010 ("Shocker of the Year" -Nexus debut), the 2015 KotR and winning season 1 of NXT.

DAMN iNATOR 02-17-2016 12:51 AM

"HEY WAITAMINUTE! WHAT THE HELL IS SAD NEWS STUART DOING IN THE IMPACT ZONE?! :eek::wtf:"

Mr. Nerfect 02-17-2016 07:28 AM

If he's happy, I'm glad for him. WWE doesn't know what to do with him. The dude hasn't cut an actual honest to God promo in so long. He wins King of the Ring and puts on a goofy crown and acts like he's a real king. About about something about proving that he's now ready to become the first British WWE World Heavyweight Champion in history? How about a reference to that Winds of Change promo in 2010? Anything.

As a pro-wrestler Stu Bennett is money. As a sports entertainer? The WWE has devalued him so much.

Mr. Nerfect 02-17-2016 07:29 AM

It's a shame there's not a WCW for guys like Barrett, Ziggler, Ryder, Ryback, Bryan, Cesaro, Neville, Stardust and Breeze to go to when the company has no idea what to do with them.

Nicky Fives 02-17-2016 09:45 AM

first Drew McIntyre (Galloway) and now Barrett.... absolutely terrible.....such great talent wasted with the lack of a proper push....

erickman 02-17-2016 09:48 AM

tna may be the best place for barrett, it looks like they will do a lot of shows in England he will get to go home.

Jari 02-17-2016 10:53 AM

You know what - that whole pissed off, chip-on-his-shoulder, bare knuckle fighting, "I just want to smash your face in" gimmick is tailor made for Lucha Underground

Icame4Hookers 02-17-2016 11:03 AM

I guess Bad News Gardner now needs a new name change

Jari 02-17-2016 11:06 AM

Meltzer had been reporting that he believed someone in the WWE was seriously considering MMA. Now with Barrett's bare knuckle boxing past, it wouldn't be beyond the realms of possibility that he could be thinking about the transition. His history of injuries would equally suggest that might not be the best route to go down for his health.

Stickman 02-17-2016 11:07 AM

I prefer him over Shamus so this sucks.

DAMN iNATOR 02-17-2016 12:04 PM

http://cdn.gamerant.com/wp-content/u...ed-Kingdom.jpg

One of my favorite stables/storylines in WWE ’12 was those guys as “The United Kingdom” and them going on a rampage until they had every single belt. :(