TPWW Forums

TPWW Forums (https://www.tpwwforums.com/index.php)
-   wrestling forum (https://www.tpwwforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   WWE:NXT Discussion Thread (https://www.tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?t=119000)

VSG 06-28-2012 08:57 AM

Ya got an iPhone myself, but back on a laptop now. Got more links but that should be enough (Dailymotion links rarely get taken down)

Also, super random Seth Rollins intro :heart:

Skippord 06-28-2012 09:03 AM

pretty psyched to watch this right now

Skippord 06-28-2012 09:05 AM

the fuck are you doing Seth Rollins?

Skippord 06-28-2012 09:08 AM

lol "it's like stomping someone's head on a curb, I wouldn't recommend that at home kids"

IF ONLY DEREK VINYARD HAD SEEN NXT

Skippord 06-28-2012 09:09 AM

again I love Tyler Black in the ring but his voice is so awful.

Skippord 06-28-2012 09:09 AM

Oh good a Jinder Mahal match

Skippord 06-28-2012 09:19 AM

Leo Kruger, otherwise known as South African Al Snow

or poor man's Kraven The Hunter

Skippord 06-28-2012 09:34 AM

I immediately dislike Richie Steamboat

Skippord 06-28-2012 09:38 AM

lol Regal's twins :'(

Skippord 06-28-2012 09:47 AM

Rick Victory seems like the name of a Venture Brothers villain

the other person who watches The Venture Bros, will agree.

VSG 06-28-2012 09:49 AM

Jimmy Uso took the pin again :cool:

Skippord 06-28-2012 09:54 AM

Richie Steamboat blows

Skippord 06-28-2012 09:55 AM

based 100P on that match

Skippord 06-28-2012 10:03 AM

Claudio is terrif

BRAY WYATT PROMO NEXT!!!

Skippord 06-28-2012 10:05 AM

awesome again :)

Kapoutman 06-28-2012 10:41 AM

Watching right now.

Been hearing a lot about Seth Rollins, but his first match did not impress me that much. Maybe he needs a longer match. Or to show more moves than just kicks.

Kapoutman 06-28-2012 10:58 AM

I'm sorry guys, but I still can't take The Ascension seriously. Something's off with these guys. They look fake when they try to look "mysterious" or something.

Kapoutman 06-28-2012 11:07 AM

Richie Steamboat sure showed that he can do a mean armdrag.

VSG 06-28-2012 11:09 AM

Man that Bray Wyatt promo.. With the followers appearing and disappearing randomly, it felt as if they wanted to portray a delusional preacher.

Joesgonnakillyou 06-28-2012 11:11 AM

Pretty good shows.

Like everyone I love Bray Wyatt, amazing character they could do a lot with. Already knew I loved Sandow, Cesaro and Rollins. I like Richie Steamboat too

Bloody hate The Ascension though. No one buys that shit, it's not a comic book movie. Not sure why Bo Dallas has to be promoted so homoerotically. Leo Kruger is just forgettable and everyone's finishers are pretty poor.

I really fucking hate The Ascension actually.

Kapoutman 06-28-2012 11:17 AM

Shit, I think I'm in love with Bray Wyatt.

Antonio Cesaro is pretty impressive in the ring. I rarely have the occasion to watch Smackdown, so it was my first Cesaro match since his debut match. I like the move set and the intensity. Too many wrestlers try to do the deliberate, slow, methodical style these days.

Kapoutman 06-28-2012 11:21 AM

I like Johnny Curtis because he actually shows some facial expressions in the ring. He's not just wrestling with a straight face. It gets me more involved in the match because it looks like the guy actually cares. He's not just there, he has a presence.

Maybe I should have watched the previous season of NXT after all.

Skippord 06-28-2012 11:49 AM

I hate Richie Steamboat almost as much as I hate Bo Dallas

armdragging motherfucker

Kapoutman 06-28-2012 12:12 PM

Yeah, Bo Dallas is another one that looks fake. Can't stand him. It's that grin.

At least Richie Steamboat looks likable. He just needs to do something that's not an armdrag every once in a while.

So I like Steamboat more than Dallas.

Skippord 06-28-2012 01:05 PM

if they started to bill Richie Steamboat as the man of 1000 armdrags I would like him.

Bo Dallas is maybe the creepiest looking person ever, he kinda looks like he's made of wax

Lock Jaw 06-28-2012 02:41 PM

Watching this now.

Completely unimpressed by Seth Rollins. Spaz out during his entrance and after he won made me laugh. That's about it. Terrible finishing move.

Weird that they are treating Jinder Mahal like he is entirely new, and hasn't been on the main roster for over a year already.

First impression is that I like Leo Kruger, but haven't seen enough to make a final opinion of him. Looks like Al Snow. Sleeper hold as a finisher, though? It takes a man of Ziggler-level quality to make the sleeper seem like a legit finisher.

Richie Steamboat kinda looks like Mac from It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.

Less impressed by Ascension this week, especially when compared side to side with The Usos.

I liked Richie Steamboat in the ring. Again, seems to have a terrible finishing move. Seems to me, like he could really use some sort of arm submission, if his thing is gonna be working the arm.

I like how after Antonio's match, Aksana had a mic in her hand. Totally an edited out promo there.

I liked Bray Wyatt's promo again. I just can't help but feel that I am going to be disappointed by him in the ring though... because at the end of the day.... he's Husky Harris.

Curtis and Bateman are both good enough that they should be on the main roster right now. Not sure why they aren't.

VSG 06-28-2012 03:22 PM

So glad Antonio Cesaro has a new, better theme. Also, 7 matches in 1 hour including 1000th Raw promo and Raw rebound.

Damn!

#BROKEN Hasney 06-28-2012 04:14 PM

Disappointed by Husky Harris in the ring? That guy can move for a big guy. He was awesome on Season 2 of NXT and the only thing missing was having any sembelence of a character... Which he amazingly has in spades now.

Lock Jaw 06-28-2012 04:18 PM

Didn't watch NXT Season 2, but in his Nexus days, he just seemed like a fat slob with terrible tattoos. A character will definitely help to cover it up, though. Not sure, but I think he looks like he may be in slightly better shape?

#BROKEN Hasney 06-28-2012 04:21 PM

Fair enough then. Yeah, he didn't get any time to really do anything Nexus wise. But he has lost weight, so he might be even better.

The match I linked to from FCW in this thread wasn't bad, but it wasn't really a competitive one.

#BROKEN Hasney 06-28-2012 04:30 PM

Just watched the second Bray Wyatt promo from this episode and it's amazing.

Ignore the character for a second though, which is brilliant itself, and just look at that video editing. They just need to outsource the main roster hype debut videos to these students because they are clearly brilliant.

SlickyTrickyDamon 06-28-2012 04:32 PM

Leo Kruger's theme song should be:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/2FPYu6IFnek" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Poit 06-28-2012 04:53 PM

Totally. Lion King references can only make his character better. :y:

SlickyTrickyDamon 06-28-2012 04:58 PM

Why doesn't Antonio have Chelsea Dagger in NXT?

Poit 06-28-2012 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lock Jaw (Post 3908287)
I liked Richie Steamboat in the ring. Again, seems to have a terrible finishing move. Seems to me, like he could really use some sort of arm submission, if his thing is gonna be working the arm.

Actually, I rather like his finishing move. Granted, I also like it when JTG does it.

I think the "arm submission finisher" role is already pretty well filled by Alberto Del Rio. If you want the "working the arm" thing to lead to a finisher, then he should have one that requires use of the arms to fight out - an example would be Drew's Future Shock DDT.

Mr. Nerfect 06-28-2012 05:59 PM

Richie Steamboat used a Superkick in FCW. Why not let him do that? I liked Steamboat far more than I liked Bo Dallas. Steamboat can really work. I wish they would dial back on the "I want to be my own man, but I still wrestle exactly like my father" angle, though. I'd enjoy Bo Dallas far more if he was a heel against Steamboat.

Bray Wyatt is still fantastic.

Antonio Cesaro is still fantastic. I absolutely loved his squash. He looked impressive and aggressive.

Jim Ross really amazed me on commentary. I remember him getting really shit towards the end of his RAW run, but I guess time off and having Michael Cole doing everything (not trying to bash Cole) has made JR seem absolutely incredible again. JR and Regal's chemistry is amazing. The exchange between Ross, Regal & Russo in regards to The Usos' chemistry and Regal's twin daughters... :lol:

Byron Saxton wasn't too bad on chemistry, but the team of Ross & Regal just cannot be beat and should probably do everything ever.

The Ascension continued to impress me. Kenneth Cameron is awesome. I love it when heels get the babyface in the corner and just utilise those five counts. Great heel tactic. Them getting a win over established Superstars will do them good, too. They should probably be put on the main roster to feud with Epico & Primo soon. The Colons are babyfaces that could make The Ascension look killer, and Epico is no doubt familiar with both O'Brian & Cameron.

More thoughts later.

#1-norm-fan 06-28-2012 06:53 PM

I happen to love what little I've seen from Richie Steamboat. Not just because his dad is my second favorite wrestler ever either. He's got a good look and I enjoyed the FCW matches I saw of him.

That being said, I'm seeing a shitload of negative Richie Steamboat comments before I watch this episode and now I'm slightly scared to watch it.

#1-norm-fan 06-28-2012 07:00 PM

Jiro! I'm a fan

#1-norm-fan 06-28-2012 07:04 PM

That moment when Jinder Mahal came out reminded me of back in the early 90's when feuds used to start by one guy leaving while another guy was coming in for his match and they'd randomly get angry.

#1-norm-fan 06-28-2012 07:32 PM

Oh come on guys. Richie is awesome. He used like 4 arm drags in the match. Ricky used to do like 5 in a row. What's the big deal?