TPWW Forums

TPWW Forums (https://www.tpwwforums.com/index.php)
-   wrestling forum (https://www.tpwwforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Should the "big gold belt" be reactivated? (https://www.tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?t=129029)

GD 03-25-2015 01:29 AM

Should the "big gold belt" be reactivated?

With Brock Lesnar being reserved as a "special attraction" and WWE having monthly pay-per-view events, would it make sense to reactivate the big gold belt and have a new primary world champion to add value to the current product?

Feel free to share your opinions :wave:

Tazz Dan 03-25-2015 01:43 AM

I seen you post and delete this question in another thread!

But no, if they're legit building the mid-card titles to mean something, there's no need for another 'World Championship' at this point in time, if ever. We have a WWE title, and having the Big Gold Belt come back would just be confusing.

Tazz Dan 03-25-2015 01:44 AM

And even if they don't do anything with the US and IC Titles, there's still no need for the BGB. Just no. Ever. No.

Tazz Dan 03-25-2015 05:11 AM

Just re-read my last post, and BGB totes reminds me of AGB :lol:

The Mask 03-25-2015 05:17 AM

Granted I don't watch that much wrestling but I think it makes it more of an event the less often title fights happen. I think brocks current role is pretty cool. What they need to work on if anything is building someone up to be a genuine feasible challenger.

Shisen Kopf 03-25-2015 06:38 AM

They need To bring it back and let Sting win it. It's more his belt than anyone else's. Woooooooo WCW. Plus two part time champs would be tits. That's for you Jazzy Foot. Tits woooooo!

Jordan 03-25-2015 11:18 AM

I love the rumored concept of having Bryan and Cena main event TV and house shows with the US/IC Title, elevating them to heights unseen in decades. While Brock is the champion I would keep his very limited schedule like last year. This will elevate those titles in a huge way. Now I think the catch is whomever takes the title from Brock, they should also get the less is more treatment. I know it won't be absence to the extent of Brock, but keeping the World Heavyweight Champion basically network or live event only is a key point to selling the network.

The WWF Title never meant more than when you'd barely see Hogan on TV. It also was good for house show gates because its a big deal "I NEVER SEE HOGAN ON TV BUT HE'S IN A TITLE MATCH IN MY HOMETOWN OMG"...

The Tag Titles and IC title used to main event the B shows on tour, I hope they can get back to that.

Simple Fan 03-25-2015 12:01 PM

No the IC title can be built up to be that kind of title

Rammsteinmad 03-25-2015 12:25 PM

I love the big gold belt, but I'm happy to leave it be now. Maybe somewhere down the line it could come back/serve a purpose/(never say never mentality), but for now, let it rest.

Ruien 03-25-2015 12:35 PM

R-Truth should just steal the title from Brock when he is wrestling Reigns.

Rammsteinmad 03-25-2015 12:39 PM

That'll probably be the highlight of the match.

Emperor Smeat 03-25-2015 04:48 PM

No. Rather they try to elevate or work on fixing the IC/US division than quickly add a new belt that likely gets ignored in status after a while.

Would also hurt the mystic they've been recently building with the WWE belt and Lesnar if they were to add another main title.

GD 03-25-2015 06:25 PM

I guess stars such as Ziggler, Ambrose, Bryan etc. will never get to be the WWE World Heavyweight Champion.

#1-norm-fan 03-25-2015 06:33 PM

I hate the idea of two world champions. The IC and US titles are enough. There should always be ONE guy who can claim to be at the top. Having a second just waters the meaning down.

Tazz Dan 03-25-2015 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by #1-wwf-fan (Post 4603864)
I hate the idea of two world champions. The IC and US titles are enough. There should always be ONE guy who can claim to be at the top. Having a second just waters the meaning down.

It's very rare, but fan and I agree 100% on something. I think it's time to just close the thread now before the interwebz explode.

Fignuts 03-25-2015 07:45 PM

If anything they need to make the US title like a lowercard title, similar to the Euro or TV titles.

CSL 03-25-2015 07:56 PM

for sure, IC over the US every day

Evil Vito 03-25-2015 11:27 PM

<font color=goldenrod>I'm fine with elevating the secondary titles with Brock defending the WWE Title less frequently.

That being said not a fan of the actual current WWE title. Yes it's better than the spinner belt but still has nothing on the big gold belt. If it were up to me the big gold belt would be the permanent World Title. It's basically a perfect looking title and looks like something someone would want to fight for.</font>

Dukelorange 03-26-2015 10:49 AM

Like I said in another thread, change the US title to the TV title and have a different set of rules for it. You can relegate it to those stars that creative can experiment with pushing. For example, give Adrian Neveille (sp?) the title and have him wrestle matches and win them. I also made up the idea that the title must be defended on RAW or Smackdown with a minimum of 5 minutes and a max of 10 minutes as part of the kayfabe rule. So it will ensure TV time and a great match every time.

Simple Fan 03-26-2015 10:58 AM

I feel the same way. The US and IC are pretty much the same title prestige wise, if you make the US a TV title the lower mid card would have a title to fued over.

Dukelorange 03-26-2015 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by im just a fan (Post 4604066)
I feel the same way. The US and IC are pretty much the same title prestige wise, if you make the US a TV title the lower mid card would have a title to fued over.

And some of the wrestlers that are over, but because of politics, can't get to the main event picture. Like Tyler Breeze, he is real good at everything, but until they shed that your not big enough thing. He won't be taken too seriously. He can have the title and get his push. Perhaps that can be a link to the WWE and NXT universe. The title holder can go anywhere when wants and defend it. Think about it. Let's say Fandango has the TV Title and he was challenged by Sami on NXT and he lost it ON NXT That's his ticket to appear on RAW.

Cole says, "If you have the WWE Network you already saw this, but for those who don't, Fandango lost the TV title to upstart Sami Zayn on NXT (show stills)."

So in the end you get a title that floats on all shows, a outlet for stars to get called up, and he's already got a huge win and a title to start his run on RAW with the rematch, plus the lower card has something to do.

Sixx 03-26-2015 03:37 PM

No.

I kinda like John Cena in the US title picture. That would never happen if there were 2 world championships.

Damian Rey 03-26-2015 06:59 PM

I love, love, love Cena as US champ. By and far the best idea for him creatively.

dronepool 03-27-2015 03:52 AM

It would give the titles meaning. So yes.

#1-norm-fan 03-27-2015 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dukelorange (Post 4604073)
...Fandango lost...

Fuck you.

dingdongyo 03-27-2015 04:27 PM

Nah.

GD 03-27-2015 07:02 PM

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z...s/scan0002.jpg

FourFifty 03-28-2015 01:11 AM

I feel that if they keep the title on Lesnar (or any other special attraction, such as The Rock) they should have a major title as the focal point of the show. I'm okay with Lesnar being a beast that no one can beat as long as he defends the title once every three months as long as we still have a main title instead of a who's feuding with Triple H vs someone in the authority or something that should have been kept in the mid card as main event for a few months in a row.

A major is what every wrestler should be going for. Give them one.

DAMN iNATOR 03-29-2015 11:05 AM

Nope, no brainer. One title, simply called the WWE Championship sufficed just fine until the WCW purchase, and the WHC wasn't even recognized as a world title...now it's called the "WWE World Heavyweight Championship"?! Come the fuck on with that noise.

DAMN iNATOR 03-29-2015 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sixx (Post 4604181)
No.

I kinda like John Cena in the US title picture. That would never happen if there were 2 world championships.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Damian Rey (Post 4604282)
I love, love, love Cena as US champ. By and far the best idea for him creatively.

Hmm, guess I forgot it was still 2004...:roll: