TPWW Forums

TPWW Forums (https://www.tpwwforums.com/index.php)
-   wrestling forum (https://www.tpwwforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   John Cena - Hero or Villain? (https://www.tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?t=29802)

thuganomicalcrippler 04-25-2005 03:32 AM

John Cena - Hero or Villain?

hey, I was just wondering what your opinions on the character of John Cena are. I mean, people either seem to adore him or hate him to the marrow of his bone.

Personally, I can't stand his character now. He used to be entertaining, but now he's just stale, and I don't think he should be champion.

Sorry if this thread's been done before, but I haven't been here for a long time.

Nervous Ferret 04-25-2005 03:35 AM

most people here hate him. with a passion.

But I like him. Maybe because I like rap music.

dunno

Impact! 04-25-2005 03:37 AM

he is sooooooooooo obiously the villian, i mean theres like no one in the crowds cheering him on, and it's not like he gets some of or possible the biggest pop/s of the nights.......................but then again hardcore holly gets face pops, so I'm gonna have to go with who cares.

Xero 04-25-2005 09:49 AM

Face Rapper Gimmick: Fine, it worked better as a heel, but fine...

US Title Spinner: Ooookay....

WWE Title: :nono:

DaveWadding 04-25-2005 09:52 AM

CHAIN GANG....

Naw, fuck that shit.

Innovator 04-25-2005 10:15 AM

Chain Gang Soldier: lame [/Cartman]

Heel/Tweener Rapper who wore different jerseys and actually worked in the ring: sweet

Kane Knight 04-25-2005 10:15 AM

Sadly, he's a potentially HUGE character who's totally stale.

TW Mangrove 04-25-2005 11:38 AM

John Cena be a total joke yo! he is crap, his gimmick is appealing to the lowest form of WWE fan, the white boy who thinks he is black. Absolutely stupid and his title is straight up retarded. It's not even good rap but then again rap hasn't been good since about 1996. Give me public enemy and NWA over this stupid crap that is out there today. Only way WWE could improve this situation if they bring in an old school rapper character to beat wigger Cena to a pulp.

Loose Cannon 04-25-2005 11:41 AM

your "wigger hater" gimmick is getting really lame.

TW Mangrove 04-25-2005 11:44 AM

its not a gimmick. John Cena and his fans are really lame. I mean just look, this is a typical john cena fan.
http://www.wiggaz.com/pics/jay.jpg

Kane Knight 04-25-2005 11:51 AM

Says TW Manlove.

Loose Cannon 04-25-2005 11:52 AM

lol at fan.

PullMyFinger 04-25-2005 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TW Mangrove
its not a gimmick. John Cena and his fans are really lame. I mean just look, this is a typical john cena fan.

:lol: I gotta admit, that's funny as fuck!

The Answer 04-25-2005 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TW Mangrove

Um about 75 percent of teenage boys dress like that these days. At least the one's that try to be cool.

PureHatred 04-25-2005 01:13 PM

Whatever ot the fan. Cena was more entertaining as a heel. Its as if, in order to get him to have more of a 'mainstream appeal' the writers decided he needs to be a pussy. Somehow, I think Steph and Kevin Dunn are behind that.

TW Mangrove 04-25-2005 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Answer
Um about 75 percent of teenage boys dress like that these days. At least the one's that try to be cool.

thats not cool!

jerichoholic169 04-25-2005 02:49 PM

IMO hes been pretty crappy for a good year now. back when he was allowed to say what he wanted and not censored, he was really good. The Parking lot brawl with eddie and the rap on Lesnar spring to mind mainly but recently its just been crap. And don't even get me started on the whole wearing the local NBA teams jersey.....

V 04-25-2005 03:09 PM

he's a villian, WE HAVE TO STOP HIM BEFORE THE TAKES OVER THE WORLD

Hardkore Kidd J 04-25-2005 03:13 PM

I'm a big Cena fan so it sickens me that I can't watch any of his promos/matches anymore. I liked him when he was a heel. I loved the way he ripped on the people he was wrestling or the town he was in. And he didn't give a crap what people thought. Seeing Cena as a face is much worse then seeing Orton as a face. At least Randy Orton doesn't turn every title into some kind of Bling Bling sideshow. Change Cena back to being a heel or give him a new gimmick.

RGWhat316 04-25-2005 03:13 PM

I am a fan of Cena, but I do feel in the last year, his character has become too wussified. The term "Chain Gang" is alright to me, since some of the big name wrestlers have called their fans as part of a group. But what gets to me is that he tries too hard to get the people to cheer for him. As a heel, he was awesome, even the first part of his face run was awesome. But maybe its the whole FCC deal, but he has just been wussed out for a while now.

UmbrellaCorporation 04-25-2005 04:23 PM

I liked Cena when he first debuted as the regular sportsman.

The moment, and I mean, the MOMENT, they gave him a rap gimmick, I began to hate him, as I loathe rap.

M. Banana 04-25-2005 04:24 PM

No one cares.

Go to hell.

FlashyT01 04-25-2005 06:07 PM

Cena is just fake. I'll gave him credit he can rap (a little). But he ain't all that.

James Steele 04-25-2005 06:39 PM

If it wasn't for the whole "FROM WEST NEWBURY, MASSACHUSSETTS..." thing. Seriously, if Benoit has to be from fucking Georgia, they can change rapboy's hometown.

M. Banana 04-25-2005 08:55 PM

I agree with James. You can't be that gangsta coming from a place called West Newbury. That's like me being "GANGSTA FROM REIDSVILLE NORTH CAROLINA" no one'd buy it.

Word.

M. Banana 04-25-2005 09:39 PM

Damn you Throat Wobbler and your balance reps.

James Steele 04-25-2005 09:47 PM

:lol:

I don't have balance rep, so don't push me you ignorant ass. :rant:

j/k :love:

Transplant 04-25-2005 09:58 PM

I think KK's idea of turning Smackdown! into this gangsta/rap show is slowly coming true.

Your champ is a White Rapper

Your Tag champs are called MNM

Your U.S. camp is a black guy called OJ

Smackdown!'s central gimmick match is The Rap Battle

Your former tag champs are latin criminals who drive Pimped Rides (well, half)

The top white heel has bodyguards

The GM is an old Black guy who says "holla" a lot.

anymore?

The CyNick 04-25-2005 10:03 PM

Cena cut better promos as a heel, but he's doing great as a face, so for that reason I would not turn him heel.

M. Banana 04-25-2005 10:08 PM

Kurt Angle doesn't have bodyguards.

Silly person you.

Transplant 04-26-2005 02:08 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Kurt Angle clearly is not White.

PureHatred 04-26-2005 03:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Transplant
I think KK's idea of turning Smackdown! into this gangsta/rap show is slowly coming true.

anymore?

Well, it is on UPN. This is probably WWE's attempt to fit in to the urban theme of the network.

DaveWadding 04-26-2005 03:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PureHatred
Well, it is on UPN. This is probably WWE's attempt to fit in to the urban theme of the network.

Get out of my head, fucker. :mad:

Kane Knight 04-26-2005 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Transplant

anymore?

I knew they were reading TPWW. The Negro League Returns!

Batsu 04-26-2005 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kane Knight
Sadly, he's a potentially HUGE character who's totally stale.

Agreed. His rise to the top, positioning, and what not REALLY reminds me of The Rock's...but so many things about Cena have gotten stale. Every once in a while he'll liven it up, like the time he cut promos against Kenzo Suzuki ("Ohh...THE POOPOOTHEPOOPOOTHEPOOPOO...") and he's started to slowly turn the F-U sitout, but...there's just something missing from him. It took too long for him to get the WWE title, as well.

Fox 04-27-2005 12:35 AM

John Cena used to be a cool asshole version of Vanilla Ice.

Now he IS Vanilla Ice - complete with lame raps and a macho gangster gimmick. I can't wait til he loses the title because JBL is actually right: it's a bling bling sideshow that is an embarssment to the title. At least Austin's smoking skull belt was cool and still somewhat resembled the WWE Title. Cena's spinner shit is lame. Hell, the spinner belt buckles went out of style like two years ago.

Get hip, Vince McMahon.

Jorgha 04-27-2005 01:54 AM

Cena, I could take him or leave him. He has his impressive moments just as much as he has his dumb moments and they seem equally balanced. Cena just "is" right now in my opinion.

My 10 year old daughter is obsessed with John Cena. I have asked her many times why and she gives me the same responce "I dunno." She probably doesn't either. God is probably confused by what goes on in her head so I don't try to make sense out of any of it. What's funny is she had me take her to the hardware store to get a chain for a lock she found laying around. Used to wear it all the time and quit because she got pissed (and I mean pissed) that people were calling her John Cena, because they are obviously stupid since she can't be him because she is a girl and doesn't dress stupid (her words). Reguardless of how much she likes him she feels he has no fashion sense. Go figure.

Kane Knight 04-27-2005 10:30 AM

That was the most retarded rambling I've seen all day.

Rock Bottom 04-27-2005 10:42 AM

Once again I forsee the future.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rock Bottom
I think John Cena is going to be stale, but LOL at the thought of him going back to that ruthless aggression shit

http://www.tpww.net/forums/showthrea...ight=John+Cena

LOL seriously. I am the man.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rock Bottom
John Cena is a gimmicky gimp who will be stale come '05 or '06.

http://www.tpww.net/forums/showthrea...ight=John+Cena

Kane Knight 04-27-2005 10:45 AM

Wow. Can you also predict the TV schedule for tomorrow? My TV guide is broken.