TPWW Forums

TPWW Forums (https://www.tpwwforums.com/index.php)
-   video games forum (https://www.tpwwforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   WWE 12 (https://www.tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?t=113072)

#BROKEN Hasney 05-30-2011 06:59 PM

Not really. One of the Madden games had a "radical change" once.

I can hope though, it's only tomorrow until we find out.

Tommy Gunn 05-30-2011 07:11 PM

Just give me Zack Ryder's new trunks and Tag Champions that walk to the ring at the fucking same time, and Rosa Mendes. Otherwise, when it finally comes out and I pick up a brand new copy of the game in stores, I will no-sell buying it.

Drakul 05-31-2011 02:35 AM

Well, we have "create a story", "creater a wrestler", "create an entrance", "create a sign/tattoo/symbol", "create a move", "create a stable" and we've had "create a taunt", "create a PPV" and "create a belt" in the past.

I remember that guy that does all the interviews for SvR on game sites saying they would try and do "Create an arena/ring" this year.

Maybe they'll have the game be about our own brand or federation. We create our wrestlers and their signs, moves etc. Design the ring, arena and titles. Create rivalaries and alliences and try to run our own brand/fed.

I've always wanted them to bring back the ratings system from Smackdown2. Where it showed you how many people watched your show/PPV and at which points.

So it would be cool if that's what it was but I can't really see it. If they ever do that, I'd like them to give us a budget that we have to keep up by selling merchandise and setting ticket prices and stuff.

Maybe make it "Monday Night Wars: The Game". You go head to head with WWE, try signing their talent while trying to stop them signing yours with offers of better pay and more tv time. All the while trying to keep ratings up with interesting matches, stories and rivalries.

Fox 05-31-2011 04:28 AM

They're getting rid of the "Smackdown VS RAW" title and just calling it "WWE '12"

Fignuts 05-31-2011 04:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xero (Post 3537581)
From JR's Blog (via PWInsider): "Expect to hear a major announcement Tuesday from WWE/THQ. Arguably the biggest news to date from WWE on the video game front."

If that's true, it has to be an engine change or a philosophy change. Can't just be a name change.

Jim Ross knows jack all about videogames, so yeah it can. Also, wwe people always make every little thing out to be THE GREATEST THING IN THE HISTORY OF EVER.

Over the past couple of years, I honestly think they've surpassed Tony Shiavone in ridiculous overstatements.

Cool King 05-31-2011 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drakul (Post 3537914)
Maybe they'll have the game be about our own brand or federation. We create our wrestlers and their signs, moves etc. Design the ring, arena and titles. Create rivalaries and alliences and try to run our own brand/fed.

I've always wanted them to bring back the ratings system from Smackdown2. Where it showed you how many people watched your show/PPV and at which points.

So it would be cool if that's what it was but I can't really see it. If they ever do that, I'd like them to give us a budget that we have to keep up by selling merchandise and setting ticket prices and stuff.

Maybe make it "Monday Night Wars: The Game". You go head to head with WWE, try signing their talent while trying to stop them signing yours with offers of better pay and more tv time. All the while trying to keep ratings up with interesting matches, stories and rivalries.

So in a way, like "GM Mode: The Game" or like the Football Manager Series?

Xero 05-31-2011 10:06 AM

Or, you know, TEW.

http://www.greydogsoftware.com/tew2010/

#BROKEN Hasney 05-31-2011 10:24 AM

All I want is a good, playable match engine.

Trust me, get TEW if you want all that management BS. It is fantastic and with the community, you can play any era you like virtually. Keep it out of my console game.

Cool King 05-31-2011 10:26 AM

I forgot about TEW.

DAMN iNATOR 05-31-2011 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kalyx triaD (Post 3536580)
Without doing any research:

2006 was the last game to emphasize the rivalry between Smackdown and Raw, the trailers and intro used Orton and Cena as the young figureheads for the war. 2006 Also had a bitchin story mode that elevated the series in that regard.

2007 introduced the interactive moves and had a demo showcasing this. It was the cross-platform iteration, I believe.

2009 was a personal fave of mine, and the last one I put serious time in. It enhanced a number of features of the series including create-a-move. It also had a pretty cool menu system. I see it as the first improvement on the series in a few years.

'06 was also the only game in the series with a certain superstar in it to feature
<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/yfqbcxUV8l0" allowfullscreen="" width="560" frameborder="0" height="349"></iframe>
:D

http://ps2media.ign.com/ps2/image/ar...8040432258.jpg
Also still remember seeing that image in SvR '06 in Christian's entrance and wondering where the fuck the "C" was. :lol:

Cool King 05-31-2011 12:05 PM

It looks like it's the end of the SmackDown vs Raw series.

The new game is named "WWE '12".

http://www.wwe.com/inside/thq/25017702

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/kBVl5yYXoNs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#BROKEN Hasney 05-31-2011 12:13 PM

Quote:

The latest evolution of THQ’s groundbreaking WWE franchise, WWE ‘12 promises to deliver the most realistic in-ring action ever seen in a WWE video game to Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and Nintendo Wii consoles on Nov. 22 with a bigger, badder and better gameplay experience than ever before.

Reinventing its iconic SmackDown vs. Raw series, WWE ’12 boasts all-new Predator Technology, which provides the most fluid and realistic animations ever seen in a WWE video game, improved artificial intelligence (A.I.) and an innovative “Breaking Point” submission system. Immersing the WWE Universe in the action even further is WWE ‘12’s dynamic TV-style presentation that utilizes new rendering and lighting technologies to masterfully recreate the unique thrills of Raw, SmackDown and WWE pay-per-view events.

Complementing its robust roster, WWE ’12 features the most expansive creation suite to date, with a wide selection of tools allowing members of the WWE Universe to create their own Superstars, entrances, finishing moves, storylines, highlight reels and more. Players can then share and download their creations online, allowing limitless gameplay possibilities.

WWE ’12 will also feature a bigger, badder and better “WWE Universe” mode, empowering players to determine the destiny of WWE‘s Superstars and Divas with storylines, matches, alliances and rivalries that are shaped by their decisions. Additionally, a revamped “Road to WrestleMania” mode allows WWE Universe members to experience the action, drama, twists and turns as they choose their favorite Superstar and embark on an exciting journey to The Showcase of the Immortals.

WWE ’12 arrives on Nov. 22 in the U.S. For more information, visit http://www.thq.com.
See, just a name change and the usual yearly promises.

although if they get rid of that physics system to re-improve the graphics, they can fuck off.

Cool King 05-31-2011 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cool King (Post 3534752)
Maybe it'll be rebranded as "WWE: The Game" or as that sounds too much like a Triple H game, it might just be "WWE 2012" or "WWE 12".

Yeah. :cool:

Tommy Gunn 05-31-2011 12:27 PM

So we get some new animations, improved lighting, an updated submission system, and all the key features we already have in SVR 2011.

I think for me this hinges on how much they change Universe Mode. We shall see...

Does WWE '12 sound shit to anyone else? I was hoping for a cool subtitle like they used to have before SVR.

Cool King 05-31-2011 12:29 PM

"WWE SmackDown: You Can't See Me!"

Cool King 05-31-2011 12:29 PM

:shifty:

Tommy Gunn 05-31-2011 12:31 PM

http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...5_869912_n.jpg

DEEEEEL RIIIIIIIIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

BizarroKing 05-31-2011 12:33 PM

They should go the reboot route and just call it WWE Smackdown.

Or add tons of subtitles:
WWE Universe featuring NXT: The Game 2012-Version 2.5: This time...it's preposterous.

DAMN iNATOR 05-31-2011 12:40 PM

"...and tonight, "WWE '12" is sponsored in part by:"

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_nVn6hrw4Ly...yPebblesHR.jpg

Xero 05-31-2011 12:48 PM

Meh. Same old shit, new coat of paint.

#BROKEN Hasney 05-31-2011 12:51 PM

That's last years GFX engine. Will be worth a download then at least, not paying money for it.

Drakul 05-31-2011 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xero (Post 3538126)
Meh. Same old shit, new coat of paint.

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/WsFswQ7W81c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I can't say I'm excited about the game. Then again we don't really know anything about it, really. They can say "We're using this tech now!" but we can't really decide until we at least see it in action.

I'm thinking it'll be what everyone else is saying. Same game, new name.

Xero 05-31-2011 12:56 PM

I want to say that I won't get it but I'm not sure (said I wouldn't last year, too). SvR11 was my least-played WWE game probably ever. I'll probably skip a year again. Did it for 08 or whatever the one was that introduced the Extreme Rules match, and the next one felt fresher than usual.

Honestly, the physics engine is the greatest thing probably ever to happen to the series. If they can improve on that over the next two games I could see good things down the line. But that's not to say that I want them to keep this engine going. I want a new game from the ground up, even if it means doing it as an off-shoot at first, like All Stars, then moving it to the main series.

For example, they could release a "Monday Night Wars" game, with 90s-2000s Attitude Era guys from WCW, WWE and ECW. Make it a sim, and do a whole story mode revolving around the Monday Night Wars and "rewriting" it with invasions and whatever. Then just take that engine and either release a sequel to further refine it or move it over right away to the WWE series.

#BROKEN Hasney 05-31-2011 01:01 PM

Easily played more of 2011 than any other. Probably because it was the first one that actually injected some fun to the engine.

Still quickly went back to DoR2 though (Now in HD).

whiteyford 05-31-2011 01:04 PM

I'll probably pick it up regardless honestly. Universe mode was kinda hit and miss for me, the novelty of the randomness of it all wears off after a while, but im interested to see how exactly they've developed it.

FearedSanctity 05-31-2011 01:16 PM

Haven't bought a SvR game since the first one on PS2, so I'll prob just pick this one up to have something recent

SuperSlim 05-31-2011 02:21 PM

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/117/1171529p1.html

according to that... things are starting to change up. interrupting moves for starters will be a very good thing. Bringing that back from the DoR engine.

Xero 05-31-2011 02:23 PM

"When John Cena's suplexing an opponent, a third Superstar can punch Cena and break up the move. You can do that for any move -- even Finishers and mini-games like the Royal Rumble eliminations."

Okay, I'm interested in the game again.

Cool King 05-31-2011 02:32 PM

Quote:

Alberto Del Rio's entrance comes complete with Ricardo Rodriguez.
Awesome. :cool:

From reading all that, it sounds like it's going to be a good game.

Fignuts 05-31-2011 03:01 PM

Thank fuck god you can break up eliminations in the rumble this year.

This is all sounding really good, btw. Wish I would have skipped 11 and went right to this.

Kalyx triaD 05-31-2011 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xero (Post 3538232)
"When John Cena's suplexing an opponent, a third Superstar can punch Cena and break up the move. You can do that for any move -- even Finishers and mini-games like the Royal Rumble eliminations."

Okay, I'm interested in the game again.

Sold. Like, I don't give a fuck about anything else revealed. I've made my decision here and now. I'm buying this game.

Tommy Gunn 05-31-2011 03:06 PM

Erm, so SVR 11 took out 75% of your groggy grapple options from '10, and now '12 is taking out the other 25% and you go back to using the face buttons? Erm, no, this doesn't sound good. I liked having tonnes of moves to choose from in '10. This is sounding like an arcade game to me.

I'm going to be spending the next 6 months complaining, then still end up buying it on release day, shaking my fist at the sky while walking home.

Kalyx triaD 05-31-2011 03:07 PM

Quote:

Basically, you know how Randy Orton pounds the ground before he goes to hit his Finisher on TV? That can happen in the game now. You knock your opponent down with your Finisher primed, hit the taunt button, and you'll get a celebration that ends with the opponent getting to his feet in the perfect setup for your big move. The opponent gets a chance at reversing it, but it really brings together that TV style presentation THQ's been working on for the last few years.
I wanted a manual 'wake up finisher' mechanic since HCTP (Goldberg's Spear set-up was epic).

Kalyx triaD 05-31-2011 03:11 PM

'Ultra Combos' are in essentially. Everybody has their own Five Moves of Death, I guess.

D Mac 05-31-2011 03:14 PM

Buying

#BROKEN Hasney 05-31-2011 03:16 PM

While I won't confirm that I will defo be getting this based on one feature (It's THQ, they can still shit down our throats from a great height), it is the feature I've been asking for since 2006, which is nice.

CSL 05-31-2011 03:19 PM

would still rather play Hulk Hogan's Main Event

CSL 05-31-2011 03:19 PM

yeah, bung the white man onto the 4th page :motherfuckers:

Kalyx triaD 05-31-2011 03:22 PM

For the love of GOD improve online multiplayer. PLEASE.

BizarroKing 05-31-2011 03:37 PM

BRING BACK TOURNAMENT MODE AND CREATE A PPV!

And maybe GM mode.