TPWW Forums

TPWW Forums (https://www.tpwwforums.com/index.php)
-   video games forum (https://www.tpwwforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   WWE 12 (https://www.tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?t=113072)

Tommy Gunn 06-02-2011 05:24 AM

Good point about the commentary, they've got shit in SVR 11 from years ago. Hopefully new game = much less recycling so King doesn't spent every Natalya match talking about bald heads.

The video looked interesting. I liked the fluidity of the angle slam, punk and RKO. The 'concussion' ear ringing sound effect after the punt was really effective, but I heard it again after the RKO, so it might get annoying from over-use.

The cameras cutting away during grapple moves might be a bit jarring, but as has been said this is early days and not representing the finished product yet.

The pace seemed pretty fast, I'm hoping it just looks that way because it was a clip show and the actual game will have a slower more realistic pace.

#BROKEN Hasney 06-02-2011 05:37 AM

Needs more Josh. And I think I love the animation in the vid, just can't tell with the jerkiness.

Just think, see Orton running for that punt and meat him with a clothesline :heart:

Cool King 06-02-2011 06:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tommy Gunn (Post 3540307)
The 'concussion' ear ringing sound effect after the punt was really effective, but I heard it again after the RKO, so it might get annoying from over-use.

Yeah, I just know that I'll get sick of hearing that straight away.

Mostly because I spent five months with Tinnitus in my left ear last year and it drove me absolutely crazy. All I heard for a constant five months was the exact same ringing you hear in the video.

Just thinking about hearing it again is making me not look forward to playing the game as much. Personally, I hope THQ take it out of the game. :-\

Tommy Gunn 06-02-2011 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hasney (Post 3540314)

Just think, see Orton running for that punt and meet him with a clothesline :heart:

Dude I would mark out if I pulled that off. :y:

Drakul 06-02-2011 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cool King (Post 3540341)
Just thinking about hearing it again is making me not look forward to playing the game as much. Personally, I hope THQ take it out of the game. :-\

You could probably turn it off.

Dark-Slicer Diago 06-02-2011 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by What Would Kevin Do? (Post 3539709)
The graphics do look lower quality slightly...

I believe that the vid is actually from the Wii version since the graphics look like the Wii versions from last year. I doubt they'd decrease the graphics two years in a row.

Damian Rey 06-03-2011 01:25 AM

I'm still in the camp of not buyiing. For now atleast. Maybe it's a lot to ask for, but I want an entire new game. Not just a title change, or some fancy new, but meager updates. Someone brought up the Facebreaker photo scan method for CAWs. That'd be awesome.

I don't know. The game just looks the same as it always does to me. I put SVR 11 back in it's case after only a few months of playing it off and on. If this game isn't dramtically different, I can't see myself enjoying it.

Tommy Gunn 06-03-2011 09:39 AM

I might trade-in SVR '11 while I can still get a decent amount for it, that way when WWE '12 comes out I'll be itching to play another wrestling game, should help with the anticipation.

dronepool 06-03-2011 12:49 PM

That cover is boring

Dukelorange 06-03-2011 07:50 PM

I'm not buying the game unless they go back to the old DoR system. I can't get into the Smackdown engine.

Also they need to bring back THQ Man!!!

Kalyx triaD 06-03-2011 07:52 PM

None of those things are happening.

Cool King 06-03-2011 07:53 PM

http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/5234/akiman.jpg

Dark-Slicer Diago 06-03-2011 08:14 PM

in both WWF No Mercy and WCW/NWO Revenge I always made Aki Man, he was cool. I think I even made him a World Champion.

Dark-Slicer Diago 06-08-2011 04:45 PM

A new name after 12 years but does it feel like a new game ?
http://gamingring.com/news/wp-conten...1/05/wwe12.jpg

Lets just face it, over the years the core WWE game franchise over the years has become somewhat stale or complacent. While the game has had constant improvements and new gameplay additions, this is in my opinion the biggest step since Smackdown: Shut Your Mouth to Here Comes The Pain. Why I use the comparison, is because like HCTP , gameplay is the number one focus. THQ has assured me that everyone at the company has put forth a ton of effort to make gameplay the number one priority of WWE ’12.

Lets talk controls. While the stick controls worked well enough, most peoples instinct is to hit the face buttons. In WWE ’12 THQ has gone back to the face buttons, which flows very well. Let me break it down…

LStick – Move
Dpad Up – Wake Up Taunt
RStick – Change Grapple Position
A/X – Grapple
B – Pin/Run
Y – Sigs/Finishers/Dramatic Comeback
X – Strike (weak/strong)
LB – Action
RB- Limb Modifier
RT – Counter
LT – Run / check adrenaline

When striking…Much like WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2011, you have the option to do four different directional weak strikes and two different strong strikes. As far as grappling goes you get four groggy grapples that are your trademark moves that lead up to your signature and finishing moves.

The groggy grapples can be performed from pickups, brawler combos, certain weak grapples, and clotheslines into the corner. You get four weak strikes by hitting the a / x button + left stick. Overall the controls felt really good and as a huge AKI fan, this system made me quite happy. Also if you want to use the right stick to grapple, you can do so by reverting the control scheme in the options menu. Although I was unable to take a look at how the right stick operated as the options in the E3 demo were rather limited.

There is also a great addition this year called limb targeting. Limb targeting works by doing a standard grapple then holding the RB / R1 button along with one of the four different face buttons, for the 360 for example X is one arm, B is the other arm, Y is the head and A button is the legs. I expect this not to be changed for the games final release in November.

Also new this year is the “Breaking Point” submission system. How this works is you put on the submission by doing the ground grapple move or the finisher and a logo from the WWE Pay Per View Breaking Point will pop up. From there, it is a tug of war battle between you and your opponent, what happens basically is the more damage you do to your opponent the easier it will become easier to make your opponent tap out. So instead of using the right stick in years past to a tap out, you will just simply mash the buttons. It worked great in past games like Here Comes the Pain and it works great here!

The Tiger Woods style kick out meter returns and is better and more balanced than ever. This time if you’re in a pinfall situation, the section that you need to get the meter into changes every time, also if you hit a finisher the kickout meter won’t even show up until shortly after the one count, instead of as soon as the pinfall starts making it harder to kick out of your opponents finishers.

http://gamingring.com/news/wp-conten...1-1024x576.jpg

Animation, this has been a sore spot for the series for quite some time. The main issue in past games was the warping of moves from pins, or warping to signatures like the five knuckle shuffle or the peoples elbow, to even simply ground grapples. Granted over the years it has gotten better, but this year it is completely gone. It makes the game feel less like its ancestors and more deserving of its new name WWE 12.

In the past certain moves would not flow or animate into each other properly, this has been remedied with a new animation blending technology in which it will take one animation and another animation and it will blend them so there will be no more awkwardness and robotic looking moves. Breaking up animations and moves have been something the fans have asked about for many years and this year several moves, signatures, and finishers can now be interrupted.

Little things such as this help push the game closer to being a more authentic replica of the WWE experience. Speaking of bringing you a true to WWE product, for title matches, the intro has been updated to reflect WWE’s boxing style introductions in which the champion and challenger are introduced by the ring announcer, Justin Roberts.

Attributes have been retooled this year as well, now totaling to 12. Here is the list…

Strike Power
Grapple Power
Submission
Strike Defense
Grapple Defense
Speed
Agility
Adrenaline
Recovery
Toughness
Charisma
Tag Team

So now you guys can start speculating what each attribute means for the superstars that you’re playing as. Speaking of abilities, the kip up ability has now been replaced with something called a dramatic comeback for when you reach a certain damage level. Once there you will have a prompt pop up as you’re on the ground asking you to hit the Y button which activates a flashing bar that is integrated into your momentum bar where you hit your dramatic comeback. This is done by running and press Y button. For example John Cena has his two running shoulder blocks and his spin out power bomb and you instantly earn a signature for the Five Knuckle Shuffle and then a finisher for the Attitude Adjustment. While all of this happens prompts pop up and its a war between who can time it the best, it works very much like the old tag team hot tag feature.

Which leads me to match progression, the most telling thing of all about WWE ’12 is how the match progresses from a WWE point of view. As you start the match both of you cannot tap each other out, neither one of you can make a comeback, both of you can walk without holding a body part , you run freely around the ring and you cannot do any signatures / finishers.

Now as you progress further into the match with moves like limb damage moves, groggy grapples you will see the Breaking Point meter moving down to one side or the other, one side of the coin will be able to mount a comeback , the superstars will hold body parts, it will make it harder to run around as your adrenaline will be drained, you will get to the point where you can do signatures and finishers to end the match. The point I am trying to make is that THQ has finally captured all of the trademarks and highlights of WWE style matches, all the while still being fun to play at the same time.

http://gamingring.com/news/wp-conten...s-1024x576.jpg
Here we’re going to talk about the superstars that will be playable at E3.

John Cena
http://gamingring.com/news/wp-conten...16468_640w.jpg
Attire : Red persevere attire, darker jean shorts, red arm band, red wristbands, black hightops
Entrance : Same as you see on tv
Moveset : New Five Knuckle Shuffle of the top rope, new diving leg drop,
Dramatic comeback – Two shoulder blocks, spin out powerbomb

Alberto Del Rio
http://gamingring.com/news/wp-conten...00391_640w.jpg
Attire : Gold attire with scarf, has the birds on side of trunks
Entrance: Comes out in a Bentley looking car on the ramp, Ricardo Rodriquez introduces him.
Moveset : Cross Arm Bar looks great as well does the running enziguri

Randy Orton (Note Randy Orton is the best overall in the demo)
http://gamingring.com/news/wp-conten...40936_640w.jpg
Attire : Black tights with olive viper green outline
Entrance: Orton with the belt holds up just like on TV, regular has Orton does evolution taunt.
Moveset : Olympic Slam, signature clothesline, new jumping knee drop
Dramatic comeback – Two running clotheslines , snap power slam

The Miz
http://gamingring.com/news/wp-conten...08063_640w.jpg
Attire : Blue tights with Miz logo on the back
Entrance: New Miz entrance with Miz being cocky as ever.
Moveset : Nothing new.

Note: Nothing on the stars are final in the E3 build.

The movesets have seen a huge upgrade, not only are there two running strikes making a comeback…but also the movesets are more accurate than ever before. The moves feel personal and there is nothing there that shouldn’t be. A little over sixty new moves have been added to this years game, as well as there is some cool reanimated moves. Not to mention that not a single move has been removed from the 2011 game.

In past years moves have been removed because they were not the quality of newly animated moves and just did not fit with the tech of the game. I can assure you, removal of moves was not done to spite the fans, that request a billion moves. The AI has also been improved this year with more challenging difficulties, varied attacks and more aggressive AI.

The audio in the game while just on par past years, has not changed that much aside from the inclusion of lets go Cena Cena sucks chants and grunts of the in game superstars.

The camera angles have received a very noticeable upgrade, as there is never a time when the action is not caught just as it is on WWE TV. From John Cena hitting the top rope five knuckle shuffle to when the Mexican Aristocrat hits the dashing enziguri. Also for added drama, a special effect with a brown/tan tinge where time is slowed down. Of all the effects we’ve gone through this probably the best implication so far of Yukes games.

There is also a new rendering technology in place in this years game, as well as revamped lighting. The screenshots really do not do this game justice. The models between 2011 and WWE ’12 is very noticeable. The detail on the face , as well as any text or images on the superstars attires are more detailed than ever. The details on every superstar and arena look as authentic as ever and you’ll notice things like when you walk up the ramp the superstars will be illuminated and when you are in the ring you will see the ropes bouncing, as well as a shadow underneath the superstars.

http://gamingring.com/news/wp-conten...2-1024x576.jpg

One downfalls of past Smackdown games is that it just didn’t feel very competitive. This has been remedied by improving how the reversal system is handled, while the game does still use the RT / R2 button to reverse, the windows of reversing have been heavily modified and the chain grapples do not exist the same way as they did in WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2011.

So at the end of the day, we have a new submission system, interruptible moves, grappling with buttons, new camera angles, more accurate movesets, and the reversals are fixed.

The list of how much work has been done on this game from both a presentation and a gameplay point of view is a list that is comparable to the transition from Shut Your Mouth to Here Comes The Pain. I’m going to be honest here this is not like going from Smackdown to Day of Reckoning, because the team at Yukes were able to retain the core that made the Smackdown series so successful. But at the same time took that gameplay and took all the bad things and they replaced them with gameplay that on the surface looks simple but have a ton of depth to it.

Some franchises get re branded and its just a name change, with WWE ’12 as a far as I can tell, just like Shawn Michaels is the WWE Hall of Fame , WWE 12 is what WWE Games are all about in 2011. From what I can tell this game will not suck.

credit - Brad Ward, Gamingring.com

Funky Fly 06-08-2011 04:57 PM

It all sounds like good news, but we will see.

Dark-Slicer Diago 06-08-2011 05:03 PM

Brian Williams of THQ revealed that Danielsons "Cattle Mutalation" is in.

http://gamingring.com/news/2011/06/0...ryan-williams/

<OBJECT height=350 width=425>
<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6KHlhTmg2ag"type="application/x-shockwave-flash"wmode="transparent"width="425"height="350"></embed></OBJECT>

What Would Kevin Do? 06-08-2011 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dark-Slicer Diago (Post 3546946)

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6KHlhTmg2ag"type="application/x-shockwave-flash"wmode="transparent"width="425"height="350"></embed></OBJECT>

Hopefully it's actually in as a submission hold... I'm a bit confused by the "a little over 60 new moves." Really? That's all? 60? However, keeping all the moves from the previous game is a big plus. Sadly though, I'm hoping at least 10 of the new moves are submissions.

V 06-08-2011 05:20 PM

this probably doesn't belong here, but does anyone know if there's been the ability to import CAWs from last year's game into the current game?

Just wanna know if I'm going to be able to transfer my CAWs from '11 to 12, cuz I've actually been spending some time on them.

#BROKEN Hasney 06-08-2011 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by V3K (Post 3546964)
this probably doesn't belong here, but does anyone know if there's been the ability to import CAWs from last year's game into the current game?

Just wanna know if I'm going to be able to transfer my CAWs from '11 to 12, cuz I've actually been spending some time on them.

Probably not, it hasn't in any other game.

Cool King 06-08-2011 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dark-Slicer Diago (Post 3546946)

Looks alright.

I noticed that the commentating hasn't really changed, though I think that's just because the game is still in it's early stages. The game also looks to have 57 Superstars this year as opposed to SvR11's 42 Superstars. I think the Divas will still be on a seperate select screen like last year, so who knows how many Divas the game will have this year.

Also, I noticed a "Broski Of The Week" sign. :cool:

Cool King 06-08-2011 05:32 PM

Also, does anyone know if THQ are going to talk about WWE '12 at a press conference at E3?

WWE '12 is scheduled for 5:20pm tonight (Which is around 1:20am for me) but I'm not sure if that's going to be a press conference of some sort, or just a page on a website talking about the game. :-\

Dark-Slicer Diago 06-08-2011 05:41 PM

I don't think there is a press conference at E3, last I heard it'll strickly be gameplay similar to that vid.

Tommy Gunn 06-08-2011 06:33 PM

The gameplay in the vid looks too fast, somewhat arcade-like, even more than SVR 11, but yeah, gonna stay positive and wait until the autumn when the game is mostly finished.

#BROKEN Hasney 06-08-2011 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tommy Gunn (Post 3547026)
The gameplay in the vid looks too fast, somewhat arcade-like, even more than SVR 11, but yeah, gonna stay positive and wait until the autumn when the game is mostly finished.

You're right, it does look much better than previous games.

Cool King 06-08-2011 08:24 PM

I've just been thinking.

With it looking like WWE '12 will have 57 Superstars, I think maybe the entire WWE Roster (Pre-WrestleMania) will be included in the game.

There is exactly 57 active male superstars on the current roster at the moment, but it's obvious not all of them will make the game. Either they've not long debuted (e.g. Jinder Mahal) or have been out of action for a long time (e.g. Skip Sheffield).

I've heard many times that WrestleMania is the deadline to make it into the games, so taking out the guys who fall into those groups:

Husky Harris (Been out of action for six months)
Jinder Mahal (Recently debuted)
Johnny Curtis (Recently debut)
Mason Ryan (Debuted two months before WrestleMania so he's sort of a question mark)
Michael Tarver (Been out of action for eight months)
Skip Sheffield (Been out of action ten months)
Sin Cara (Debuted just after WrestleMania, which also makes him sort of a question mark)

So you'd have 50 Superstars but also, 7 places still remaining. So maybe we'll see The Legends back this year or maybe we'll have random characters like we've had before. (Druid, Zombies and so on)

Cool King 06-08-2011 08:52 PM

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/9eZx39TnR0Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Eklipse 06-09-2011 01:29 AM

Stop making them for the ps2 and focus on consoles that haven't been dead for 3 years.

Damian Rey 06-09-2011 01:48 AM

Naomi Kyle is pretty

Damian Rey 06-09-2011 01:53 AM

Gameplay looks fluid. So they weren't lying. Love the taunt before the finisher. They got Orton's body language down for the clotheslines and powerslam. Hopefully this is a great game.

SlickyTrickyDamon 06-09-2011 02:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eklipse (Post 3547413)
Stop making them for the ps2 and focus on consoles that haven't been dead for 3 years.

It's only for Xbox360, Ps3 and the Wii.

Extreme Angle 06-09-2011 03:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hasney (Post 3546966)
Probably not, it hasn't in any other game.

Legends of Wrestlemania to SVR 2010

#BROKEN Hasney 06-09-2011 04:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Extreme Angle (Post 3547483)
Legends of Wrestlemania to SVR 2010

Core games.

ANYWHOO, this doesn't talk much about the game, but it's too awesome to not post.

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/D6MTL5oC2V0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

DAMN iNATOR 06-09-2011 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xero (Post 3539580)
Yeah, they haven't fixed that shit in like 5 games or something. Doubt it'll happen.

I don't like the time-based ladder system anyway. I always complain about this, and it never gets fixed. They need to incorporate a mini game that gets progressively easier in addition to the time limit in ladder matches. That way, you can either win right out of the gate with some luck, or just do it the current way. It'd fix the drawn-out ladder matches and make them enjoyable for me again.

Well, they were enjoyable in 11 because of the physics. But MITB and even ones with less participants can go an hour, which is ridiculous.

I'd say having to fiddle with the hook for a minute is unrealistic, but Jack Swagger shattered that perception.

Yeah, the time thing is pretty ridiculous, especially in MITB...I've had some that went almost 2 hours, and by that point I didn't even care about winning anymore, I was just like "When the fuck does it stop?", especially since all the AI seems to care about in MITB matches is beating the holy hell out of everybody until all 6 participants can't even fucking move or doing some ridiculous move off the ladders or attacking everyone in sight with them.

I eventually came to realize that one easy way to win a MITB match is by grabbing a ladder at the start of the match, take it with you over to the announcer's table, wait for someone to come after you, and then walk/run up the ramp with it and set it at the top of the ramp near the edge of the stage (usually gets 4 or 5 AI opponents to run towards it at first, then usually the other 1 or 2 follow suit), go back to ringside, grab the other ladder, take it into the ring, and work on loosening the briefcase.

What Would Kevin Do? 06-09-2011 09:36 PM

One thing I loved in that IGN video was the end of the second match they had in the background. It looked like Miz was winning, Orton got his comeback combo, hit his sig, went for the RKO, which was reversed, and then he got up and Miz nailed the skull crushing finale. It all just flowed really well.

XCaliber 06-10-2011 12:34 AM

Have to agree with Miz there's now way Orton should be no-selling an SCF.

Cool King 06-12-2011 06:17 PM

THQ are doing a live stream of the game if anyone is interested.

Quote:

Originally Posted by WWEgames (THQ)
If you didn't make it to E3, fear not, we're bringing you our WWE '12 E3 Gameplay Demo LIVE with the dev team, prizes, and an inside look at WWE '12. We'll also take your questions live. Don't miss out on our kick-ass live stream beginning at 5PM PST / 8PM EST on our official Justin.tv channel this Tuesday, June 14:

http://www.justin.tv/wwegames

RSVP now to show us your WWE Games loyalty!

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/...92543480796521

Kalyx triaD 06-12-2011 06:25 PM

Cool.

Emperor Smeat 06-12-2011 07:14 PM

Haven't paid too much attention to the stuff for the game but it would be great if they incorporated the custom feud videos from WWE All-Stars into the Road to Wrestlemania or career mode if they keep the wrestler specific paths from previous games for WWE 12.

Dark-Slicer Diago 06-15-2011 01:38 PM

From Cory Ledesma's twitter

Confirmed: Planning of having a version of Randy Orton in the game w/ beard. We made it happen. Way past cut-off but had to have it.

No selling animation on the ground is a bug. Should be fixed in the final version.

jaycool2k 06-15-2011 02:21 PM

A recording of the live demo...

<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" height="300" width="400" id="clip_embed_player_flash" data="http://www.justin.tv/widgets/archive_embed_player.swf" bgcolor="#000000"><param name="movie" value="http://www.justin.tv/widgets/archive_embed_player.swf" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><param name="allowNetworking" value="all" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="flashvars" value="auto_play=false&start_volume=25&title=WWE \'12 EARLY First Look (E3 Gameplay Demo)&channel=wwegames&archive_id=288080731" /></object><br /><a href="http://www.justin.tv/wwegames#r=-rid-&amp;s=em" class="trk" style="padding:2px 0px 4px; display:block; width: 320px; font-weight:normal; font-size:10px; text-decoration:underline; text-align:center;">Watch live video from wwegames on Justin.tv</a>