TPWW Forums

TPWW Forums (https://www.tpwwforums.com/index.php)
-   video games forum (https://www.tpwwforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   WWE 12 (https://www.tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?t=113072)

LuigiD 06-15-2011 02:39 PM

Wonder what legends we will get this year. LOD would be sweet...we can also hope for Macho Man.

What Would Kevin Do? 06-15-2011 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LuigiD (Post 3553471)
Wonder what legends we will get this year. LOD would be sweet...we can also hope for Macho Man.

I could see Savage. HBK will probably be in as a legend, Rock and Austin are pretty much a shoe in too.

Savage, Honky Tonk Man, Mr. Perfect, and Ultimate Warrior are all possibilities too (They were in All Stars, so it's not that much of a stretch.)(

Xero 06-15-2011 03:53 PM

Just watched a little of that video. I like the default camera angle, but not the cuts. Will probably turn off camera angles if I can if I do get this.

What Would Kevin Do? 06-15-2011 05:53 PM

I guess that video confirms blood, since he talks about how it works with the new engine.

whiteyford 06-16-2011 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LuigiD (Post 3553471)

Probably Nash to take advantage of his legends deal.

Xero 06-16-2011 10:12 AM

So at the very least, we'll be getting Kevin Nash Mode.

The Jayman 06-16-2011 11:23 AM

all of his grapple moves are the Jacknife

Beth Phoenix Fan 06-16-2011 05:30 PM

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/nOouTMygY2g" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ermaximus 06-16-2011 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xero (Post 3554361)
So at the very least, we'll be getting Kevin Nash Mode.

Where every match ends with you tearing a quad and being out for 8 months?

XCaliber 06-17-2011 12:15 AM

It may sound like I'm nitpicking but I'm not that keen on the new menu design.

James Steele 06-17-2011 12:31 AM

What console is that on? Those look like high-end PS2 graphics.

Kalyx triaD 06-17-2011 12:44 AM

Graphics are fine.

James Steele 06-17-2011 01:41 AM

Those look downgraded from last year, but it might just be YouTube quality making it look that way.

Kalyx triaD 06-17-2011 01:41 AM

Maybe.

Dark-Slicer Diago 06-17-2011 07:57 AM

I think it is just because it's youtube, THQ said that when we get our copies it'll look better and that the videos aren't doing them justice.

Xero 06-17-2011 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dark-Slicer Diago (Post 3555332)
I think it is just because it's youtube, THQ said that when we get our copies it'll look better and that the videos aren't doing them justice.

Honestly, them saying this is a bad sign that they ARE as bad as they look.

Not that I don't like the graphics or think they're bad, just that, if there are overhauls that we don't know about they could legitimately be brought down from last year.

Dark-Slicer Diago 06-17-2011 11:32 AM

I agree with that, I don't know how adding more polygons to models actually downgrades it's appearence.

What Would Kevin Do? 06-17-2011 11:45 AM

I'm assuming that they either A. Tried to make the models look less like cartoons and more realistic, or B. they updated the amount of people you can have on screen.

#BROKEN Hasney 06-17-2011 12:00 PM

C. Updated the physics engine and implemented dynamic animations rather than scripted ones.

HINT: It's C

What Would Kevin Do? 06-17-2011 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hasney (Post 3555521)
C. Updated the physics engine and implemented dynamic animations rather than scripted ones.

HINT: It's C

I find it hard to believe that either one of those would result in such a drastic drop in graphics though. Unless it really is the videos, but still. It looks bland.

#BROKEN Hasney 06-17-2011 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by What Would Kevin Do? (Post 3555565)
I find it hard to believe that either one of those would result in such a drastic drop in graphics though. Unless it really is the videos, but still. It looks bland.

Honestly, it is. It's why PhysX is kind of a big deal in the PC world, a separate processor just to work on the physics. Before those days, I've got Burnout Paradise. Got a pretty high end PC these days and can run it maxed out apart from one setting which is accurate physics. If you think about it, it makes perfect sense. 2011 took a hit graphically because of the physics.

Prior to 2011, the processor only had to work on the animation of the wrestlers, objects that were nearby were pushed out of the way. In 2011 the processor has to do a constant check of where every object is that's active as well as the polygons of the wrestlers. If that polygon interacts with another, it needs to know how it can and cannot bend in the realms of physical possibility. That is an intensive process.

Now, from the accounts the team has given so far, on top of that calculation, the interruptible moves will also be physics based, so it won't be like DoR2 where the guy taking the original move is just dropped and the guy doing the move takes the new move, it will be that everyone will take the hit depending on where the new move hits and the 3rd guy will drop realistically. If it lives up to the promises, this engine will be a beast.

DAMN iNATOR 06-18-2011 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James Steele (Post 3555113)
What console is that on? Those look like high-end PS2 graphics.

360. The "press A to Select" prompt at the bottom of the character select screen is a dead giveaway.

1004 Holds 06-18-2011 07:33 PM

I just hope they fix the stupid chain grapples. And hopefully them making the game cheese proof will help online play.

Dark-Slicer Diago 06-23-2011 03:36 PM

posted by Marcus Stephenson on the community forums.

Hey everyone,

We just heard that there's a possiblity to add "exit themes" to WWE '12 this year. For those of you who don't know, "exit themes" are the songs played at the end of a match that starts at a certain point in their entrance theme (note: not the beginning). Here's where you come in, though. We know that the exit theme starts at a certain point of their theme (note: not the beginning), but we're not exactly sure. Can you guys do the following for us:

Superstar / Diva name -

Link to YouTube video of their exit theme or detailed written description of where in the song the exit theme begins

PLEASE keep this forum thread clean, so BEFORE you post, make sure that the Superstar/Diva that you've named already doesn't exist in the thread. This is a great community opportunity for us to effect change in the game. Let us show our dev team that we can do it!

I think they should be able to this without our assistance as they did it in SYM where certain superstars(Jericho/Triple H for ex.) had two versions in the game, but at least we can do it for our own CAWS should they include it.

Emperor Smeat 06-23-2011 03:58 PM

It could be a trap by the WWE to find a lot more videos to shut down on Youtube without them having to do the work since if the studio wanted exit themes all they would have to do is ask the WWE for them because they already have them.

The community backlash could be huge and the WWE would only be able to pull that trick off once though so it probably won't be worth trying to do that.

Xero 06-23-2011 04:02 PM

Yeah, what the fuck? There's no need to go to the community for this. Not only does WWE obviously have them, they could do a little bit of research and just watch matches in which wrestler X wins. That's MAYBE two hours work for the majority of the roster.

Kalyx triaD 06-23-2011 04:12 PM

Or maybe this is an olive branch to make the community feel involved. Yeah let's go the one that isn't a fucking conspiracy.

What Would Kevin Do? 06-23-2011 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kalyx triaD (Post 3561124)
Or maybe this is an olive branch to make the community feel involved. Yeah let's go the one that isn't a fucking conspiracy.

This.

For what it's worth, the guys who make the game really put themselves out there for the community, answer questions, read feedback, etc. Of course, this also means they end up catching more shit for it when the game comes out and people throw a fit. It's always "You didn't put this in, you said this would be in, etc etc, etc."

I'm guessing this is something they can do to easily get the community involved, implement it, and make them feel like they matter.

Anyway, there's not that many themes that do that these days, are there?

Kane Knight 06-23-2011 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kalyx triaD (Post 3561124)

:rofl::y:

PorkSoda 06-23-2011 08:43 PM

I'm saddened to say that I will most likely not get this game. I'll only get it for two reasons....

1. It has a season mode like HCTP or something like that. Where I can create an all CAW season and have it keep track of EVERY SINGLE STATISTIC ever.

2. It's hard as fuck.

And it would be cool if we could get a season mode, or a one player mode, like No Mercy. Have us play each road multiple times to actually complete it. DYNAMIC! GUYS! DYNAMIC

The gameplay and everything looks like the same as the past 6 years.

Kalyx triaD 06-24-2011 01:40 AM

I'm telling you a wrestling game will never have challenging AI that isn't a dick, trust me.

What Would Kevin Do? 06-24-2011 01:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kalyx triaD (Post 3561483)
I'm telling you a wrestling game will never have challenging AI that isn't a dick, trust me.

The closest is definitely Fire Pro R, since they can be programmed. You can adjust how they do moves in a variety of circumstances, and even a couple of "combos", ala, always do a pin after this move, or a certain submission, etc. The problem is, once you get the timing down, it's still not a challenge.

KoC 2 is pretty good though too. A timing based system, with both manual and some automatic reversals.

Kalyx triaD 06-24-2011 02:13 AM

I'm just saying, it's either braindead or impossible.

#BROKEN Hasney 06-24-2011 02:40 AM

I think if you took the Fire Pro/KoC model and it took data from online games of the best players on the hardest difficulty as to how quickly they press a button (eg they hit the perfect timing to the millisecond on 75% of their low power moves), then it could use those probabilities in the AI.

Just reminded myself though. Now I can play import PS2 games on my PS2 or on the PCSX2 emulator, I can play KoC2. YAYYYYYY.

Tommy Gunn 06-24-2011 06:47 AM

Being able to beat AI with a finisher on any difficulty setting is kind of whack, but more realistic at the same time. I liked it in SVR 08 when you had to get someone's health into the red first, but sometimes that meant 2-3 finishers which is something that should be saved for PPV matches...

Yeah, I wouldn't want to have to program all the variables in this shit.

Dark-Slicer Diago 06-24-2011 08:53 AM

WWE/World Heavyweight Championship sizes increased.

http://twitpic.com/show/large/5eh5pg

Q&A
<OBJECT height=350 width=425>
<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/J-npbwCNrD4"type="application/x-shockwave-flash"wmode="transparent"width="425"height="350"></embed></OBJECT>

Kalyx triaD 06-24-2011 09:05 AM

Remember the AI simply can't compute the concept of a 'good match', nor can that ever truly be simulated. Two guys trying their hardest to win will not look like a good match, it's a still a game, with actions that will be exploited (like close range run attacks/grapples, top rope moves being easy to counter, etc). They're going the right direction by trying to add television-style momentum into the gameplay, such as quicker sells at the top of a match for pace that leads into heavier moves and bigger spots naturally. This is still something the cpu will not give a shit about. You can program it to be 'human' (mistakes, emulating actual wrestler tendencies, going for big moves when it doesn't need to), but then you'll just take advantage at its illogical actions. It's a fine line that'll never be set right, because this is a simulation of a scripted sport. The AI will never be where we want it to be.

But really, they've stuck so many distractions into the series over the years. And it kinda blows my mind that you guys don't approach this series as a multiplayer/party game. 97% of my interest in the series lied in what I could do with one or more other players. I don't think I ever worried about whether the AI would be challenging or not. But different people probably saw the game different ways.

Kalyx triaD 06-24-2011 09:12 AM

HOLY FUCK the new submission system is the one I riffed about here years ago! I'm usually cynical about times like this but I'm oddly happy about it.

Dark-Slicer Diago 06-24-2011 09:45 AM

I never really liked the Struggle Submission system since it was implented in SvR 07. I felt it was fine the way it was HCTP.

Tommy Gunn 06-24-2011 05:36 PM

Ok, watching that video, I'm happy with the new struggle system to the ropes, and the updated Universe mode. All sounding good.

What kind of pisses me off, is they are talking about stuff they want to put in the game, but they are leaving it till next year. FUCKING FINISH THE GAME before releasing it then! If they didn't have a deadline for a new main title every November we might get something really special. I can't really blame the developers though, it's probably WWE wanting new product out as soon as possible for the muh-neh!