TPWW Forums

TPWW Forums (https://www.tpwwforums.com/index.php)
-   video games forum (https://www.tpwwforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   WWE 12 (https://www.tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?t=113072)

Extreme Angle 08-02-2011 06:26 AM

This was the last game I bought without any clue what it was like...
http://cdn0.spong.com/pack/b/i/bioha...egadrive-_.jpg

I was <8 and thought the cover was 'cool'.

FearedSanctity 08-02-2011 02:36 PM

That game was weird as fuck

Dark-Slicer Diago 08-02-2011 03:06 PM

Q&A #6
<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/0ORQ8eUOu9w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Highlights
  • New Signature/Finisher reversals for some specific superstars
  • Reversal windows are consistant everytime you use the same moves/harder difficulties decrease the in which you'll be able to reverse
  • Surfboard Stretch does have the Breaking Point Submission Meter but you can't crawl to the ropes to break it but it you can with the Boston Crab
  • The higher the difficulty, the more agressive the AI is and the higher their reversal window is
  • When you're pinned on the harder difficulties, you have a small window on filling the meter
  • Appearently, THQ's best Player is losing 50-60% of the time on the Smackdown Difficulty
  • Running Apron Attacks fixed
  • Lower Card superstars have mo-capped moves not just the Main Eventers
  • Appearnt "Cool" DLCs this year to be announced at SummerSlam along with the roster/including Legends
  • Working on getting Moveset/Entrance/Anything animation wise DLC

Joe Kerr 08-04-2011 05:58 PM

They should add online updated roster support. I remember 2010 shemaus was champ but not in the game :(

Dark-Slicer Diago 08-05-2011 10:05 AM

@RealCoryLedesma Cory Ledesma
Current plan for #WWE12 Roster Reveal: Planning to reveal the entire roster including unlockables, but no DLC.. That will be revealed later.

17 hours ago via web

To be clear, that's unlockable characters. There will also be one mystery Superstar on the roster that won't be revealed until Sept. #WWE12

17 hours ago via web

#WWE12 Roster Reveal will be on August 13th live from SummerSlam Fan Axxess. THQ and WWE websites will have the video feed. More info coming

17 hours ago via web

Evil Vito 08-07-2011 07:00 PM

<font color=goldenrod>A lot are guessing that the DLC character will be Sin Cara. Would be pretty gay if he didn't make the roster out of box seeing as his debut was hyped for months and he debuted the night after WM. Plenty of guys have gotten into past games debuting shortly after WM.

It would only make sense if they took extra long on him so he could mo-cap moves.</font>

Funky Fly 08-07-2011 07:43 PM

They should just get the wrestlers to mocap all their own signature moves and entrances.

Last yeah, they left MVP's old animations even though they brought him in and had him redo some of his stuff. Even though the original mocapper did the moves perfectly, the difference with and without MVP's personal touches was amazing.

DAMN iNATOR 08-08-2011 10:39 AM

Here we go again with the same old line about improved AI. Hopefully this year it's actually true and not just BS.

Evil Vito 08-08-2011 10:36 PM

<font color=goldenrod>Screw it, I'll go ahead and do a roster prediction since the reveal is on Saturday. Last year's game shipped with 66 playable characters on the disk, plus it's been said that Hurricane was intended to be playable and Carlito was still buried on the disk somewhere. So I'm gonna use a cap of 68.

Raw
Alberto Del Rio
Alex Riley
Beth Phoenix
Big Show
Brie Bella
Chris Masters
CM Punk
David Hart Smith
David Otunga
Dolph Ziggler
Drew McIntyre
Evan Bourne
Eve
Gail Kim
Goldust
Husky Harris
Jack Swagger
John Cena
John Morrison
JTG
Kelly Kelly
Kofi Kingston
Maryse
Mason Ryan
Melina
Michael McGillicutty
The Miz
Mr. McMahon
Nikki Bella
Primo
Rey Mysterio
R-Truth
Santino Marella
Triple H
Vladimir Kozlov
Zack Ryder

SmackDown
Alicia Fox
Chavo Guerrero
Christian
Cody Rhodes
Daniel Bryan
Edge
Ezekiel Jackson
The Great Khali
Heath Slater
Justin Gabriel
Kane
Layla
Mark Henry
Michelle McCool
Natalya
Randy Orton
Sheamus
Sin Cara
Ted DiBiase
Tyson Kidd
Undertaker
Wade Barrett
William Regal
Yoshi Tatsu

Legends
Booker T
Bret Hart
Diesel
Jerry Lawler
Shawn Michaels
Stone Cold Steve Austin
Trish Stratus
??? (Token Random Playable Character ala the Druid)

---

No real glaring omissions this year. Guys like Curt Hawkins, Trent Barreta, etc. could get in at the expense of guys like Primo and David Hart Smith, but I'd give the edge to people who were in last year on principle. Only reason they'd make the changes is if they were looking at the roster disbursement at Mania time and purposely tried to give SD some extra jobbers to even out the rosters slightly (kinda like how Vance Archer got in last year since ECW wasn't dead yet when the rosters were finalized).

I'm sure I put too much logic into the Legends selections by picking mostly people who have been on TV during the year. Doubtless some of those guesses are wrong. Also there's said to be a character that won't be revealed until September but I have no clue who would be "important" enough to warrant the special attention.</font>

LuigiD 08-08-2011 11:07 PM

Remember the Rock was already announced this year also.
Seems like a solid list. Like the legends list..the hopeful in me wishes that Macho Man makes it in as a tribute. I don't know if guys like Husky Harris or Mason Ryan will make it in..I hope they do I just don't know.
Wouldn't surprise me if Sin Cara makes it in..even if it is just as a downloadable character.

Evil Vito 08-08-2011 11:10 PM

<font color=goldenrod>Rock is DLC, I was strictly listing people that might ship with the disk.

If Cara isn't in, it'll probably just be Tyler Reks or something.</font>

Tommy Gunn 08-09-2011 08:46 AM

I wonder if they'll bother changing CM Punk's music? I guess it depends if they can get the rights sorted out as it isn't an original WWE produced track. Last year they managed to squeeze in Rhodes' 'Smoke and Mirrors' track and tron quite late in production, which leaves me hopeful.

If not, there's no reason they can't release Punk's current shirt/gear as DLC, seeing as we can just download Cult of Personality and change his music ourselves.

I've traded in SVR '11 now, so by November I'm going to be really excited for a new WWE title. I know they never change much, but last year's physics system combined with an updated roster and new version of Universe mode has me pumped.

Dark-Slicer Diago 08-09-2011 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tommy Gunn (Post 3598461)
I wonder if they'll bother changing CM Punk's music?

I'm not sure if it's Punk they fixed, but

We got some updated music and mini-trons in the game today. Boy, I wish I could tell you who they are for... #WWE12 delivers!

17 hours ago via web

Dark-Slicer Diago 08-09-2011 01:57 PM

Posted on Fri, 08/05/2011 - 8:37am.
Hey guys,

We will not be doing a Q&A this week due to orders from WWE Chairman of the Board, Triple H. He stated - "Look fellas, next week is Summerslam, the 2nd biggest PPV in all of WWE next to Wrestlemania, and you guys will be blowing WWE '12 out of the water with your live roster reveal at WWE Axxess on August 13th at 1PM streamed online free for the world to view at http://wwe.thq.com and of course my home: http://www.wwe.com, and not to mention tons of other coverage and reveals coming out the following week. I also know you guys are producing a Triple Threat video showcasing 3 of the greatest current WWE Superstars (I should be in it, but i'll let it stand for now), and you're aiming to release that by the end of next week to set the stage for Summerslam and all that is to come after. In light of this, I'm ordering you to stand down on your weekly Q&A for one week. The WWE Games universe will survive a weekend because, hell, what's better than building a little anticipation."

In light of this, Triple H also demanded we teach you, the WWE Games Universe, more about the intricacies behind the process of making WWE '12, and we have to agree, this is critical to understand. Thankfully @RealCoryLedemsa complied with a blog that will give you a crystal clear explanation of the yearly process we go through in development. So without further adieu, and by order of the WWE Chairman of the Board, check out our latest production blog, and our sincere apologies for no dev Q&A this week - but orders are orders!

credit - community.smackdownvsraw.com

So with that, no Q&A for last week.

Evil Vito 08-09-2011 08:39 PM

<font color=goldenrod>- A source at THQ reports that designs have been created for Brock Lesnar to appear in the new WWE '12 video game. So far there is no talk of Lesnar appearing on WWE TV or doing anything WWE-related to promote the game.</font>

LuigiD 08-09-2011 08:46 PM

Brock Lesnar Road to Wrestlemania :shifty:

Dark-Slicer Diago 08-11-2011 11:00 AM

#WWE12 Roster Reveal at 1pm PST(4pm EST) this Saturday!!! Check it out live at SummerSlam Axxess or via THQ website.

18 hours ago via web

@RealCoryLedesma Cory Ledesma We're announcing the new Create Mode this Saturday night at the #WWE12 Preview Event! Also, showing multi-man matches. Press only.

18 hours ago via web

Road To WrestleMania, Universe and other Create Mode news wont be released until later. We still have until November to release everything.

18 hours ago via web

and a joke tweet

@mikethemiz makes me yawn not cry. #WWE12 Roster Reveal will get you pumped for the best WWE game to date. @mikethemiz rating = 75

11 hours ago via Twitter for iPhone

Xero 08-11-2011 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LuigiD (Post 3599045)
Brock Lesnar Road to Wrestlemania :shifty:

Better be a Shooting Star Press match in that.

:shifty:

Dark-Slicer Diago 08-12-2011 10:20 AM

Since we're announcing so many Superstars and we dont have much time, we're only showing small clips of their entrance. #WWE12 Roster Reveal

14 hours ago via web

Some entrances will have old or placeholder movies and trons since we captured the video a while ago. We will update the videos afterwards.

14 hours ago via web

We'll post the entrance videos on the THQ WWE website sometime after the reveal so you can see them all. #WWE12.

14 hours ago via web

I believe we're revealing a total of 62 Superstars, Divas and Legends at the Reveal. Mystery Superstar and DLC announced later. #WWE12

14 hours ago via web

Most common mystery Superstar predictions we get: Goldberg, Brock Lesnar, Mick Foley, Sin Cara, and Edge... #WWE12

14 hours ago via web

Some people are dumb thinking that Edge isn't already on the roster, if he isn't on Smackdown they'll just move him into the Legends section.

Xero 08-12-2011 10:25 AM

I have to assume that Lesnar is the "Mystery Superstar".

Dark-Slicer Diago 08-12-2011 10:39 AM

As would I, imo it'll be him or Foley as he is throwing rumors that we can play as one of his 4 faces. On top of saying Dude Love and Zack Ryder would be Best Broski's.

Evil Vito 08-12-2011 01:36 PM

lol @ the roster total actually going DOWN from last year. guessing my predicted roster is spot on then, minus a few jobbers.

#BROKEN Hasney 08-12-2011 01:59 PM

Don't see an issue with the roster shrinking. More focus on the remaining wrestliers.

I won't cry if Johnny Curtis doesn't make it, for instance.

Evil Vito 08-12-2011 02:51 PM

Not a big deal, just surprising that they'd make cuts with the graphics having downgraded. But anyway, need to make some cuts on my predicted roster. Gonna go ahead and guess that Sin Cara actually doesn't make it, but will be DLC.

As for the other 5 cuts - I'm gonna wish JTG, David Hart Smith, Primo, Goldust, and William Regal the best in their virtual future endeavors.

Evil Vito 08-12-2011 07:57 PM

<font color=goldenrod>Actually wait, forgot to account for the mystery Superstar - so I'll spare Regal and leave him in for another year. They might also just leave out the entire New Nexus (except for Punk obviously) and leave everybody in. The Spirit Squad treatment, if you will.

And this pic makes me mark out:</font>

http://i51.tinypic.com/2wmm6op.jpg

XCaliber 08-12-2011 08:00 PM

The default roster maybe smaller but maybe there aren't any useless characters like The Druid and for all we know there could be twice as much DLC as there was last year.

Evil Vito 08-12-2011 11:13 PM

<font color=goldenrod>Actually, thinking about it - the 62 person roster might not include Kozlov, Masters, Smith, Chavo, Melina, etc.

They've done this reveal for 2 years now and they've always just ignored people who were released even though they're still in the game.</font>

#BROKEN Hasney 08-13-2011 03:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XCaliber (Post 3601005)
The default roster maybe smaller but maybe there aren't any useless characters like The Druid and for all we know there could be twice as much DLC as there was last year.

Yay, cut out roster and make it all pay-for DLC....

Might go vomit somewhere.

Tommy Gunn 08-13-2011 08:46 AM

DLC for guys who missed the WM deadline is all cool with me. What sucks ass is when they take people off of the main roster and hold them back to get more money out of us.

For instance, Layla has been in the SvR series for years, but last year they held her back to be in the DLC packs for NO GOOD REASON. Cunts.

Xero 08-13-2011 09:34 AM

Wasn't all the DLC on the disk last year?

Evil Vito 08-13-2011 09:47 AM

<font color=goldenrod>Nope. From what I've heard, the only character "buried" on the disk was Carlito, who was in but removed because of his Wellness firing. There's also hints that Khali is buried in there since he's referenced in RTWM on the white match board, not sure why they'd have removed him though.</font>

whiteyford 08-13-2011 10:22 AM

Wasnt Hurricane there too,or was that the previous year?

Extreme Angle 08-13-2011 10:24 AM

Hurricane was on the game, just not playable, pretty sure he was originally meant to be though...

Xero 08-13-2011 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Vito 22 (Post 3601276)
<font color=goldenrod>Nope. From what I've heard, the only character "buried" on the disk was Carlito, who was in but removed because of his Wellness firing. There's also hints that Khali is buried in there since he's referenced in RTWM on the white match board, not sure why they'd have removed him though.</font>

90% sure at least Bret and Taker were on the disk, and I'm pretty sure someone found Bulldog and Luger. I think someone released screens and videos of all the DLC long before it was released because they hacked everything to be playable. Could be wrong, though.

Gerard 08-13-2011 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hasney (Post 3589024)
Actually, screw it. I'll just get the PS3 version now I've seen you can do this on a jailbroken PS3.

<object width="425" height="349"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xzCQTYXs-ts?version=3&amp;hl=en_GB"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xzCQTYXs-ts?version=3&amp;hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="349" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

(You can do it on a 360 as well, but unless it's JTAG'd, you'll have to waste a disc everytime you change one)

The annoying thing about that is it wouldn't be that difficult for them to implement something like that into the game officially, would just be a matter of utilising a specific file format and video dimensions and bunging them onto a flash drive and importing the videos.

They'd probably claim it was copyright issues though preventing them doing it. :nono:

BizarroKing 08-13-2011 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Vito 22 (Post 3601004)
<font color=goldenrod>Actually wait, forgot to account for the mystery Superstar - so I'll spare Regal and leave him in for another year. They might also just leave out the entire New Nexus (except for Punk obviously) and leave everybody in. The Spirit Squad treatment, if you will.

And this pic makes me mark out:</font>

http://i51.tinypic.com/2wmm6op.jpg

EPIC!

Wonder if Kharma will be in it...and Vickie, I mean surely wwe would let her appear in one game at least I would think.

Drakul 08-13-2011 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kotaku
Jerry "The King" Lawler and WWE superstar "The Miz" will in a couple of hours reveal the full roster of legends and superstars for WWE 12, live from Summerslam Fan Axxess at 4 p.m. EDT. You can follow it though this live streaming link.

BizarroKing 08-13-2011 02:53 PM

so it didn't start yet?

Drakul 08-13-2011 02:53 PM

1PM PST. I think thats 9pm UK time.

Evil Vito 08-13-2011 03:05 PM

<font color=goldenrod>Yeah, another hour.</font>