TPWW Forums

TPWW Forums (https://www.tpwwforums.com/index.php)
-   wrestling forum (https://www.tpwwforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   What was the point in HHH capturing the title? (https://www.tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?t=130979)

Icame4Hookers 01-27-2016 08:59 AM

What was the point in HHH capturing the title?

The title now won't be defended until Wrestlemania.

So having fastlane is pointless......

drave 01-27-2016 09:01 AM

Gotta find out who he is dropping the title to @ WM.

That is the point of Fastlane. It'll be another "free PPV" to boost network subscribers - also a point of it.

Shisen Kopf 01-27-2016 09:04 AM

WWE Champ gets more hookers than not having a belt. HHH won it 4 hookers.

Big Vic 01-27-2016 09:11 AM

HHH should defend it against Ziggler or something, it won't hurt Ziggler because his career is dead in the water anyway.

Stickman 01-27-2016 10:52 AM

He won the belt so WM has a credible champ. Nobody on the roster other than Lesnar is credible.

Icame4Hookers 01-27-2016 11:21 AM

He's not wrestled all year, then coms back and wins. It's unfair
and just shows shagging the bosses daughter get's you to high places.

road doggy dogg 01-27-2016 11:28 AM

Icame4hookers vs Jazzy Foot in an owenbrown-on-a-pole match at Fast Lane... can't w8

Blue Demon 01-27-2016 11:32 AM

I think just to get it off Roman and have him as a transitional champ to get someone else in? Let's see how this plays out. Reigns hasn't exactly been getting the desired crowd reaction.

The CyNick 01-27-2016 11:34 AM

HHH as champ is what's best for business.

Icame4Hookers 01-27-2016 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The CyNick (Post 4763076)
HHH as champ is what's best for business.

From Stephine's pussy yes. because I bet he wears the belt during sex

Mr. JL 01-27-2016 11:46 AM

Yeah, pretty stupid. Missed an opportunity to push one of the newer stars. They could have done any number of things and it would have been better:

Roman Reigns gets thrown over the top rope. Rumble match continues and Ambrose is the last man standing with number #30 still yet to have been called on. Triple H/Vince/Steph music hits... and they announce number 30 drum roll... Roman Reigns comes out shakes their hand, runs to the ring tosses out Ambrose. Instant heel.

Turn Ziggler

Put the belt on Bray Wyatt, Del Rio, AJ Styles

Big Vic 01-27-2016 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. JL (Post 4763082)
Yeah, pretty stupid. Missed an opportunity to push one of the newer stars. They could have done any number of things and it would have been better:

Roman Reigns gets thrown over the top rope. Rumble match continues and Ambrose is the last man standing with number #30 still yet to have been called on. Triple H/Vince/Steph music hits... and they announce number 30 drum roll... Roman Reigns comes out shakes their hand, runs to the ring tosses out Ambrose. Instant heel.

Turn Ziggler

Quote:

Yeah, pretty stupid.

NormanSmiley 01-27-2016 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stickman (Post 4763061)
He won the belt so WM has a credible champ. Nobody on the roster other than Lesnar is credible.

So having someone credible hold the belt to give it to someone they haven't been able to make credible in 14 months Will give the situation credibility? You should fill out an application in stamford, you would probably be given head writer position.

And just so we are clear. A past his prime 50 year old guy who hasn't worked a match since mania 31,cuts exhausting 20 minute promos, and who will need the rock or austin at the match to save it is your definition of credible?

Ol Dirty Dastard 01-27-2016 01:27 PM

Trying to create sympathy for Roman and add more to the feud vs HHH. Roman will win at fast lane because Brock will get screwed by Wyatts and Ambrose is jobber to the stars and Roman gets his mania moment defeating the authority.

Pretty bland stuff on paper but done right it could work. Still think they should stray from their comfort zone and not be so stubborn but this is what they do.

drave 01-27-2016 01:29 PM

There you have it folks. No need to watch until after Mania as THEE Dale Newstead just laid it out.

Stickman 01-27-2016 01:31 PM

Quote:

Turn Ziggler

Del Rio was probably the most boring champ ever. I enjoyed Swagger and Ziggler as champ more than Del Rio

Theo Dious 01-27-2016 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Icame4Hookers (Post 4763025)
The title now won't be defended until Wrestlemania.

So having fastlane is pointless......

Were the PPVS that Lesnar didn't appear on during his reign useless? No. Having the champion absent (or at least inactive) on lesser PPVS builds the credibility of the title and makes appearances by the champion a premium attraction. I was very disappointed when Rollins went to defending the title on every show. They could have built him as lazy and arrogant by having him lounging backstage during those shows while "lesser mortals" scrapped over who got to face him next. Would have given enough him some heel cred that he lacked and MAYBE he wouldn't have gotten hurt.

Anybody Thrilla 01-27-2016 03:19 PM

There was no title defense at last year's Fastlane either.

Emperor Smeat 01-27-2016 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drave (Post 4763027)
Gotta find out who he is dropping the title to @ WM.

That is the point of Fastlane. It'll be another "free PPV" to boost network subscribers - also a point of it.

This. By making the Rumble for the title this year, WWE still needs to have a big match to find out who gets to be the official #1 contender for the belt at Mania.

Fastlane gets more hype than usual as part of the trade off this year from the Rumble.

The CyNick 01-27-2016 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Icame4Hookers (Post 4763081)
From Stephine's pussy yes. because I bet he wears the belt during sex

You stay classy buddy

The CyNick 01-27-2016 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gorgeous Dale Newstead (Post 4763165)
Trying to create sympathy for Roman and add more to the feud vs HHH. Roman will win at fast lane because Brock will get screwed by Wyatts and Ambrose is jobber to the stars and Roman gets his mania moment defeating the authority.

Pretty bland stuff on paper but done right it could work. Still think they should stray from their comfort zone and not be so stubborn but this is what they do.

We all knew Batman would beat Bane in the end. It's the journey that is key.

Big Vic 01-27-2016 03:46 PM

Cat-woman beat bane in the end.

drave 01-27-2016 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The CyNick (Post 4763212)

HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLD ON!!!!!!

You cannot liken someone like Bane to fucking HHH.

HHH is to Reigns what Joker is to Batman - he is THE villain. Depending which world you come from, Batman wins some, Batman loses some.

Your analogy does not work! NET LOSS IN RATINGS ON THE WAY!!!!!!

HIGH FIVES TURN INTO HIGH FISTS!!!

WE'RE OUTTA TIIIIIIIIIIME! :wave:

drave 01-27-2016 03:47 PM

Bane would be more like.... Sheamus in this instance. Of course we all know Sheamus loses because reasons.

Ol Dirty Dastard 01-27-2016 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The CyNick (Post 4763212)

Your post agrees with mine. Just saying that if you were trying to argue

DAMN iNATOR 01-27-2016 04:33 PM

I actually would be OK with it if they decided to have Jericho cost Ambrose at the end of the match to Reigns to set up what I think would be at least a mildly intriguing match and possible feud between Ambrose and Jericho as Jericho chases his elusive 10th Intercontinental Championship @ WM 32.

The CyNick 01-27-2016 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drave (Post 4763217)
HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLD ON!!!!!!

You cannot liken someone like Bane to fucking HHH.

HHH is to Reigns what Joker is to Batman - he is THE villain. Depending which world you come from, Batman wins some, Batman loses some.

Your analogy does not work! NET LOSS IN RATINGS ON THE WAY!!!!!!

HIGH FIVES TURN INTO HIGH FISTS!!!

WE'RE OUTTA TIIIIIIIIIIME! :wave:

Was in reference to Dale saying he had Mania figured out. My point is the babyface generally overcomes the odds in the end. It's the story you tell to get there that matters. In this case given that key injuries screwed up original plans, they have done a great job telling the Reigns v Authority storyline.

The CyNick 01-27-2016 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAMN iNATOR (Post 4763229)
I actually would be OK with it if they decided to have Jericho cost Ambrose at the end of the match to Reigns to set up what I think would be at least a mildly intriguing match and possible feud between Ambrose and Jericho as Jericho chases his elusive 10th Intercontinental Championship @ WM 32.

They really shouldn't backdoor Reigns into the win at Fastlane. He needs to look as strong as possible. If I was booking I would just have him win clean. Then you can do the shinanigans with Bray and maybe Jericho to further those storylines.

Ol Dirty Dastard 01-27-2016 05:35 PM

But you don't understand my viewpoint because you are of lesser intelligence than most. If you are in any position of power, I weep for our society.

Ol Dirty Dastard 01-27-2016 05:41 PM

AS I SAID you buttfuck, it doesn't matter if you know what 95% chance will happen, if tv's good then tv's good. I also thought royal rumble was good and didn't mind HHH winning.

It's just more of the same old, and my MAIN criticism is it would be nice if they thought out of the box. That doesn't mean hotshot booking, it just means straying from the comfort zone even if there are bumps in the road.

I will say, they're willing to ignore bumps in the road when it's Roman or Hunter... but heaven forbid Dolph Ziggler doesn't deliver.

There are two sides to everything. Given I have basic critical thinking skills, I am able to weigh out both sides.

The CyNick 01-27-2016 08:12 PM

Its fair to be critical, but when the train is chugging along really well its tough to justify making drastic changes.

SNL has used the same formula for their show. They never take big risks. Show has been on the air for 40 years. At the end of the day, thats what WWE TV is closest to. Its a variety show. Not everything is going to appeal to everyone. I used to love SNL, never would miss an episode, but then somewhere in the Tina Fey era, I couldnt take the show anymore (turned into leftist propaganda), so I stopped watching. Haven't watched since. But just because The CyNick isnt enjoying the show, doesn't mean Lorne Michaels should read my complaints to the Variety Show Observer Newsletter and suddenly reverse course on his show. The show is still pretty successful. I look at it like we've decided to go our separate ways, no harm no foul. They can pretend Tina Fey is funny, and I will enjoy my Donald Trump campaign speeches in peace.

Simple Fan 01-27-2016 08:39 PM

Tina Fey=Roman Reigns

Icame4Hookers 01-27-2016 10:46 PM

Who wins the title at Mania? Not Brock that's for sre.

Simple Fan 01-27-2016 10:56 PM

Pretty sure its dead locked to give Roman his WM moment.

Mr. JL 01-27-2016 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stickman (Post 4763173)
Del Rio was probably the most boring champ ever. I enjoyed Swagger and Ziggler as champ more than Del Rio

I am not a big Del Rio fan either but like I said, they could have picked just about anybody else and it would have been more beneficial in the long run.

Mr. JL 01-27-2016 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simple Fan (Post 4763316)
Pretty sure its dead locked to give Roman his WM moment.

So the WWE runs the Triple H vs Roman Reigns match... Triple H ends up with the bigger face POP and cheers, Roman gets pretty much booed all to hell but wins the match with WWE hoping for a babyface reaction and the WWE maintains the status quo of unsuccessfully making Roman Reigns THE babyface of the company for yet another year.

The MAC 01-28-2016 12:26 AM

HHH as champion :

1. ego stroke
2. lack of creativity

Roman Reigns :

1. no personality
2. pushed down our throats the same way Cena

Nothing they do will make me care about their match at mania

Icame4Hookers 01-28-2016 12:43 AM

The same shit happened when Evolution was around the title stayed within that stable, then handed to HHH.... it's a fucking repeat.

NormanSmiley 01-28-2016 02:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The MAC (Post 4763335)
HHH as champion :

1. ego stroke
2. lack of creativity

Roman Reigns :

1. no personality
2. pushed down our throats the same way Cena

Nothing they do will make me care about their match at mania

Amen to this. Wwe blew so many opportunities with hhh winning the rumble

Big Vic 01-28-2016 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The CyNick (Post 4763279)
....I will enjoy my Donald Trump campaign speeches in peace.

hmm so Cynick is a racist.