TPWW Forums

TPWW Forums (https://www.tpwwforums.com/index.php)
-   entertainment forum (https://www.tpwwforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Transformers 2: Revenge Of The Fallen (https://www.tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?t=80263)

D Mac 06-09-2008 07:11 AM

Transformers 2: Revenge Of The Fallen

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/a...new-title.html

The sequel to last year's summer hit Transformers will be called Transformers 2: Revenge Of The Fallen.

The new title was revealed by producer Don Murphy on his message forum.

Director Michael Bay informed MTV that the sequel will not end on a cliffhanger.

He said: "You know how those sequels they do the second one so you go see the third one? [Transformers 2] is it. First one was just introducing, setting up stuff, so we can go a lot further. Let's just say [this] is not a lame sequel."

Shia LaBeouf, Megan Fox, Josh Duhamel, Tyrese Gibson and John Turturro will star in the sequel, along with franchise newcomers Isabel Lucas, Rainn Wilson and Matthew Marsden.

Transformers 2: Revenge Of The Fallen is scheduled for release on June 26, 2009.

Destor 06-09-2008 08:00 AM

I was going to come in here and complain how the sequel two parter was getting cliché' but the I remembered this was a Micheal Bay vehicle and realized my point was moot.

El Vaquero de Infierno 06-09-2008 08:59 AM

Megan Fox hot, Transformers film shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhite.

ron the dial 06-09-2008 11:20 AM

rainn wilson yessssss

thedamndest 06-09-2008 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Destor (Post 2179989)
I was going to come in here and complain how the sequel two parter was getting cliché' but the I remembered this was a Micheal Bay vehicle and realized my point was moot.

Michael Bay movies are really a throwback to the days when movies used to be really long but contain an intermission to get up and stretch a bit, except these contain so much exploding shit that the "intermission" needs to be at least a year for the average person to collect his bearings. Now that's film making!

BigDaddyCool 06-09-2008 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thedamndest (Post 2180094)
Michael Bay movies are really a throwback to the days when movies used to be really long but contain an intermission to get up and stretch a bit, except these contain so much exploding shit that the "intermission" needs to be at least a year for the average person to collect his bearings. Now that's film making!

:rofl:

Destor 06-09-2008 02:51 PM

rofl

Mr. Monday Morning 06-09-2008 03:43 PM

Who the fuck came up with that title. This isn't fucking Star Wars, it's giant robots beating the shit out of each other. THERE IS NO SUBTEXT.

ClockShot 06-09-2008 03:44 PM

Sweet. School Boy from Rambo is gonna be in this.

Kalyx triaD 06-09-2008 04:06 PM

I WAS GONNA POST THE OFFICIAL THREAD TODAY!!!!

Anyway; they're filming now for a Summer 09 release. Autobot Arcee is confirmed as a motorcycle (no surprise there) and there will be a transformers based on an ice-cream truck and a huge Blackbird jet. An Audi R8 was also seen being chased by the good guys, take that as you will. There may be as many as 10 TFs on both sides, and rest assured Soundwave will make it in there with his most popular minions Laserbeak and Ravage. No; he will not be a damn strereo, get over it.

I've been up and up on the news and this thread will be my vent spot. Don't worry, I despise spoilers and if I run into one (like I did two days ago, damn!) I'll spare you the jist.

Roll Out!

Theo Dious 06-09-2008 04:44 PM

If this does not lead to Unicron in some way shape or form I will personally leave flaming poo on the doorstep of everyone involved.

http://www.freewebs.com/fourth_heir/...k/Unicron1.jpg

Till all are one, bitch!

Theo Dious 06-09-2008 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Monday Morning (Post 2180230)
Who the fuck came up with that title. This isn't fucking Star Wars, it's giant robots beating the shit out of each other. THERE IS NO SUBTEXT.

First of all, I object to that. Transformers does in fact have subtext, it's just that sometimes it's paper thin and shitty.

Additionally, The Fallen refers to a rather obscure character in the Transformers universe, and since he does have a connection to Unicron I shall now go and masturbate.

Theo Dious 06-09-2008 04:50 PM

And, I demand that the third installment be called "Transformers: Revenge of Unicron's Beard."

Kalyx triaD 06-09-2008 04:52 PM

I highly doubt the movie will so much as reference Unicron. It just wouldn't work at this stage of the movie franchise. Yes I know about the Fallen, and Hasbro's recent lock of the name. Yes I know about their relation to Unicron. Yes I freakin love the concept of a planet sized TF. But no, I don't think he'll work at all in live action, especially with how Bay set up that universe in... believability (can't believe I said it).

Theo Dious 06-09-2008 05:00 PM

I'm still sporting the "If Unicron no-shows, I riot" sign, and nothing is going to stop me.

Mr. Monday Morning 06-10-2008 05:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarthTedious (Post 2180289)
First of all, I object to that. Transformers does in fact have subtext, it's just that sometimes it's paper thin and shitty.

In a Michael Bay movie? Ya think?

Quote:

Additionally, The Fallen refers to a rather obscure character in the Transformers universe, and since he does have a connection to Unicron I shall now go and masturbate.
The would revenge would imply that the character would have been introduced by now if that was going to be the case. They're probably just dicking around people who actually know this obscure fact.

Kane Knight 06-10-2008 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarthTedious (Post 2180289)

This is Michael Bay. He aspires to paper thin and shitty subtext.

Anyway, are you sure it's a ref to "the fallen?"

Kane Knight 06-10-2008 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Monday Morning (Post 2181327)
The would revenge would imply that the character would have been introduced by now if that was going to be the case. They're probably just dicking around people who actually know this obscure fact.

Well, he could be out for revenge for something that happened before the movie.

I'm not saying you're wrong, just pointing out the obvious way that it could still make sense. Could, but probably won't.

However, since we're out to make a Trilogy here....

Mr. Monday Morning 06-10-2008 11:37 AM

Unless I hear otherwise I'm just gonna assume it's a reference to Megatron being reborn as Galvatron. And he'll probably resurrect some of the others who got killed, or something.

Hey, maybe we'll get EVIL JAZZ! :eek:

Kane Knight 06-10-2008 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Monday Morning (Post 2181509)
Unless I hear otherwise I'm just gonna assume it's a reference to Megatron being reborn as Galvatron. And he'll probably resurrect some of the others who got killed, or something.

Hey, maybe we'll get EVIL JAZZ! :eek:

Even coming back would make more sense.

Danny Electric 06-10-2008 06:25 PM

Lol Matthew Marsden

Kalyx triaD 06-10-2008 06:39 PM

There's gonna be a lil 'Former, with an RC truck vehicle/toy mode. He's gonna go BIG in merch. Appearently he's Sam's pet or something.

U-Warrior 06-15-2008 10:34 AM

Starscream needs a bigger role in this one.

Kane Knight 06-15-2008 02:08 PM

Oh Good. Marketing.

Shadow 06-15-2008 03:11 PM

I can't wait for this movie. I really can't.

And I really hope they do use the Fallen...he's on fire...all the time. HE'S PERFECT FOR BAY!

Mr Regal 06-15-2008 03:24 PM

Matthew Marsden scores yet another sequel role....legend.

Kane Knight 06-15-2008 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow (Post 2187306)
I can't wait for this movie. I really can't.

And I really hope they do use the Fallen...he's on fire...all the time. HE'S PERFECT FOR BAY!

He'd be perfect for Bay if he was constantly exploding.

Kalyx triaD 06-15-2008 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by U-Warrior (Post 2187118)
Starscream needs a bigger role in this one.

He will, ye old sock.

RP 06-15-2008 06:58 PM

Transformers 2 : If Its Burnable, Burn It

RP 06-15-2008 07:02 PM

Transformers 3 : Gas, Match, Boom, Rinse and Repeat

RP 06-15-2008 07:06 PM

Transformers 4 : Explosions In The Sky...And Eventually Everywhere Else

RP 06-15-2008 07:08 PM

Transformers 5 : The Making of Bad Boys 3

Kalyx triaD 06-26-2008 11:39 PM

Well I tried to post pics of megan Fox kissing Shia on a motorcycle and a new small transformer attacking a car but the pics came up as those red x's in a box.

Shaggy 06-27-2008 05:20 AM

They announced a few days ago that the title has changed once again....not a huge change but it is a change that many people were hoping for...

Instead of.....

Transformers 2: Revenge of the Fallen

Its now....

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen

Kalyx triaD 06-27-2008 05:26 AM

Numbers are so last Summer.

Mr. Nerfect 06-29-2008 09:30 PM

I personally think this will be a reference to The Fallen. I mean, it would seem to fit, there will be a trilogy, and the character is apparently pretty cool. But come on, Skywarp! Get your payday! :shifty:

Kalyx triaD 07-01-2008 01:31 PM

I am also a fan of Skywarp.

Going back on my previous thought, it seems that the sequel is indeed about the Fallen - the first Cybertronian. I guess we'll see.

Kalyx triaD 01-09-2009 02:44 AM

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h2...ers2poster.jpg

Fignuts 01-09-2009 03:03 AM

HOT

Kalyx triaD 01-09-2009 03:11 AM

And that face more than resembles the Decepticon symbol...