TPWW Forums

TPWW Forums (https://www.tpwwforums.com/index.php)
-   sports forum (https://www.tpwwforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   NBA 2009-2010 Season Thread (https://www.tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?t=96191)

Jesus Shuttlesworth 11-17-2009 09:59 AM

AI fits with the Knicks. He will have his opportunity to play a lot and get a lot of stats, plus they won't have to worry about him bringing down the team since they already lose a lot anyway.

Schlomey 11-17-2009 10:11 AM

I agree totally. The Knicks need to pick up the pace in the win column if they stand a chance of woo'ing talent for next year. I know this is another throw away year for the Knicks in preparing for the big free agent binge next year...But if you have 0 talent, the likes of Bosh won't leave a mid-road team like the Raptors just to move to a low-level team.

The idea of throwing all their eggs in the "next year is our year" basket is risky at best.

Best bet is to add a few veterans *like AI & Harrington* to the starting rotation, get a few wins & leave the 1 year contracts open to negotiation next season.

Loose Cannon 11-17-2009 10:13 AM

Yes, good move. We'll have some name value and plus he's been my fav player in the league forever.

Like Stima said, Knicks will suck with and without him, but at least it's still fun watching him play

Buzzkill 11-17-2009 11:49 AM

DAMN John Wall.

Illlllmatic

Skippord 11-17-2009 01:12 PM

I watched the Nuggets vs Lakers game Friday

weirdly entertaining

SammyG 11-17-2009 01:20 PM

Schlomey 11-17-2009 01:29 PM

did you mean wildly?

Skippord 11-17-2009 05:22 PM

no I meant weirdly

because basketball is usually boring to me

McLegend 11-17-2009 06:50 PM

You know what The Sixers should get Iverson. They aren't going anywhere with or without him. It would get people more interested, and there really isn't a downside.

It won't happen though.

Juan 11-17-2009 09:17 PM

I don't know who I feel more sorry for, AI or McGrady

RP 11-17-2009 10:02 PM

5 straight wins for the Pacers

Schlomey 11-17-2009 10:06 PM

Is Granger still day to day? I haven't checked my fantasy team in a week!

SammyG 11-18-2009 01:09 AM

Kobe becomes the third player all time with 100 plus 40 point games babyyyy

Juan 11-18-2009 01:18 AM

So glad Pau is coming back on Thursday. Maybe the bench will gain a little stability with Lamar back on the 2nd unit.

SammyG 11-18-2009 01:30 AM

Is it absolutely confirmed that he's back on Thursday?

Juan 11-18-2009 01:33 AM

He said if after practice tomorrow, he still feels ready to go, then yes. (they interviewed him right before the 4th quarter)

Champion of Europa 11-18-2009 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schlomey (Post 2815332)
Is Granger still day to day? I haven't checked my fantasy team in a week!

Nope, Granger is back in business.

So psyched for Pacers fifth win in a row last night. I'm going to the Knicks game tonight to watch them go for six in a row. Gonna be immense. Roy Hibbert is going to dunk on somebody's face and make their kids cry.

Schlomey 11-18-2009 01:46 PM

awesome. I got hyped up on Pacers/Granger after his stellar season last year. He gives that franchise hope.

Champion of Europa 11-18-2009 01:54 PM

Dahntay Jones and Roy Hibbert have added a surprising bit of morale, too. Jones has not only been taking it down defensively, but he's also been a shocking offensive presence. The last two games he's had 20+ points. Hibbert has been getting about a block a game and usually a double double.

Schlomey 11-18-2009 02:06 PM

I really miss NBA TV :(

Champion of Europa 11-18-2009 03:02 PM

I just secured NBA TV and I didn't know I lived without it.

Schlomey 11-18-2009 03:07 PM

I had it all of last season. Sundays were my favorite. They showed about 30 of the best minutes of the top 10 games of the week that are mostly out of market for me. Wow that was topps. :( im gutted this year.

SammyG 11-18-2009 04:43 PM

Why don't you have it now? Do you have DirecTV? cuz i know it switched channels on there.

SammyG 11-18-2009 04:47 PM

lol Phil

By J.A. Adande

Hmm, could there be some latent frustration in Phil Jackson about Pau Gasol’s slow-to-heal right hamstring?

Before the Lakers played the Pistons Tuesday night, Jackson said Gasol went through practice Monday and shootaround Tuesday morning and Jackson hoped Gasol would be able to play in the game. Alas, he remained on the inactive list. When Jackson was asked if he was concerned Gasol was being gun-shy, he jumped in and said, “That he’s a hypochondriac and might be a baby and won’t come out and play? Is that what you’re trying to say with that question?”

That drew laughs. Then Jackson turned TV critic, referring to Gasol’s guest appearance on “CSI: Miami.”

“I think he got injured on CSI and he’s not telling us the truth,” Jackson said. “I watched that program last night just to see if that was what [happened]. And then he dragged that kid out of the car; I’m sure that’s where he got that injury.

“I never watched [the show] before. I was totally amazed that people watch it. I can’t believe people actually watch that stuff.”

When someone compared Gasol’s acting duties to Andrew Bynum hoisting a Playmate at a Playboy Mansion party while out with an injury last season, Jackson stayed on his roll.

“That’s good for his shoulders,” Jackson said. “It’s another thing to be dragging someone and stretch your hamstring like Pau was doing.”

And finally, on Pau’s future in the acting biz: “I told him to keep his night job.”

Schlomey 11-18-2009 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SammyG (Post 2816565)
Why don't you have it now? Do you have DirecTV? cuz i know it switched channels on there.

We switched from DirectTV back to Suddenlink Cable. Cheaper & everything else is the same..I couldn't justify paying like 60 extra bucks a month simply for 1 channel.

Juan 11-18-2009 07:41 PM

I got NBALP for the first time this year and now get NBA TV also. I love it

OssMan 11-18-2009 09:02 PM

Antawn Jamison back tonight. Him and Butler and Arenas look amazing together. Fucking hate LeBron and his stupid crab dribble.

DaveWadding 11-18-2009 09:10 PM

Schlomey, I will share my NBATV with you...but you can only have the shows with Rick Kamla on them.

OssMan 11-18-2009 09:28 PM

Holler at your Boykins

SammyG 11-19-2009 03:48 AM

Hahahaha. I do like the Wizards. Mike Miller needs to stop wearing that stupid undershirt though, same with Jamison.

RP 11-19-2009 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Champion of Europa (Post 2816326)
Nope, Granger is back in business.

So psyched for Pacers fifth win in a row last night. I'm going to the Knicks game tonight to watch them go for six in a row. Gonna be immense. Roy Hibbert is going to dunk on somebody's face and make their kids cry.

I cant believe they let up on the Knicks and lost that game. Un fucking real. They wont make the playoffs doing that shit.

Splaya 11-19-2009 01:44 PM

Today is the 5 year anny of Artest going to play with people in the crowd in Detroit

OssMan 11-19-2009 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SammyG (Post 2822313)
Hahahaha. I do like the Wizards. Mike Miller needs to stop wearing that stupid undershirt though, same with Jamison.

I think Jamison wore it cause of something to do with his shoulder. Mike Miller is the most hilarious guy of all time though

Love this Wizards team so much.

Arenas, Butler, Jamison all healthy
Mike Miller
Earl Boykins
Andray Blatch going crazy
I miss Darius Songaila though

Champion of Europa 11-19-2009 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rectal Pertruder (Post 2822446)
I cant believe they let up on the Knicks and lost that game. Un fucking real. They wont make the playoffs doing that shit.

Oh my god, I was so pissed. They stopped running the offense through Granger while he was on fire and that fucking killed them. It didn't feel like they made a shot that wasn't a free throw in the second half. When Granger fouled out, it was over.

At least Hansbrough looked good and Hibbert continued being awesome. It just wasn't enough. I really hope they get their shit back together. During the five game win streak they really looked like a playoff team. Especially against the Celts.

Juan 11-20-2009 02:45 AM

Hate to pull a SammyG here, but with Pau back, this Lakers team is poised for another championship.

SammyG 11-20-2009 05:06 AM

Fuck you Juan, and my God , seeing Pau back out there was amazing.

Skippord 11-20-2009 06:58 AM

yep seeing players who have played for my favorite team for a while playing is pretty amazing usually

RP 11-20-2009 09:05 AM

Granger vs Lebron tonight. Granger is gunna be on fire tonight. He's been red hot lately.

Schlomey 11-20-2009 09:17 AM

Let me just say that the Bulls are disappointing me this year. They have had a few wins but they have NOT performed well at all in the good games. Win or lose I was hoping they would at least give The Celtics & The Lakers a game...fuck all that was a boring show last night :(

The Gold Standard 11-20-2009 02:51 PM

I am so mad. Why would the Knicks not want to sign AI. They are doing nothing this year, at least throw someone out there who can put on a show night in and night out.

Donnie Walsh said there is no place to play him because it would hurt the development of everyone, THE ENTIRE TEAM WILL BE GONE NEXT YEAR!! AND WE DON'T EVEN HAVE A 2 GUARD WHICH IS WHAT AI PLAYS!!

I hope Donnie Walsh likes how Jennings and Gordon are playing because at we should have drafted one of them to get our 2 guard.