TPWW Forums

TPWW Forums (https://www.tpwwforums.com/index.php)
-   mma forum (https://www.tpwwforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   BJ Penn and Jon Fitch Will Do It Again (https://www.tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?t=111760)

Mr. C 03-19-2011 01:30 AM

BJ Penn and Jon Fitch Will Do It Again

UFC 132: BJ Penn vs Jon Fitch rematch booked for July 2 - MMA Mania

I’m excited about this. Hopefully Penn comes out throwing more. It’ll be interesting to see what their gameplans are this time and what they do differently compared to last time.

IC Champion 03-19-2011 12:38 PM

I think we were lucky the first fight wasn't a snoozefest. Then again BJ has been the first man in years to make Fitch seem entertaining.

Nark Order 03-19-2011 12:57 PM

God, I don't want to see this shit again. Fitch is the most boring fighter ever in the history of the fucking world.

Mr. C 03-19-2011 04:00 PM

If GSP beats Shields and agrees to fight Anderson, they could make Penn-Fitch 2 a title match. That would increase interest somewhat.

Wanderlei has apparently challenged Belfort to a rematch. If it’s confirmed, that would be an excellent co-headliner for the event.

Next Big Thing 03-19-2011 08:28 PM

I think we'll get the unmotivated BJ this time around and he'll get flattened unfortunately. I see Edgar II all over again.

The Naitch 03-21-2011 12:58 PM

I heard GSP doesn't want to do it again, because he is a HUGE PUSSY

MoFo 03-31-2011 02:33 PM

Quote:

Jon Fitch (23-3-1 MMA, 13-1-1 UFC) is out of his UFC 132 rematch with B.J. Penn (16-7-2 MMA, 12-6-2 UFC), due to an undisclosed injury. A timetable for Fitch's return has not been determined, and it's currently unknown if the UFC will seek another opponent for Penn or attempt to reschedule the fight. UFC 132 takes place July 2 at the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas with the following card…

~ Champ Dominick Cruz vs. Urijah Faber (for bantamweight title)
~ B.J. Penn vs. TBA*
~ Melvin Guillard vs. Shane Roller
~ Dennis Siver vs. Matt Wiman
~ Ryan Bader vs. Tito Ortiz
~ Evan Dunham vs. George Sotiropoulos

Hoping for Penn v Condit...

Kris P Lettus 04-08-2011 10:30 AM

Quote:

A week after news broke that Jon Fitch had pulled out of UFC 132 due to a shoulder injury, the American Kickboxing Academy fighter’s opponent for the event had reportedly been removed from the July 2 card as well.

Dave Meltzer reported earlier today via his Wrestling Observer subscription newsletter that Penn had apparently sustained an injury this week while training for the event in anticipation of the UFC finding him a viable replacement opponent.

Now MMAJunkie is saying that Penn has opted out of the event for undisclosed reasons and will instead look at a future card for his next bout.

With both Penn and Fitch (who were said to be fighting for the next title shot in July) on the sidelines, there is a logjam at the top of the UFC’s welterweight division that could open up the perfect opportunity for a potential Georges St-Pierre-Anderson Silva super fight, perhaps in Rio. St-Pierre typically likes to fight three times per-year, around every four months. Having fought last in December against Josh Koscheck and with an upcoming title defense in April against Jake Shields, if the UFC welterweight kingpin can come out of his next bout unscathed, he would be in line for another fight in August.
Dominick Cruz vs Urijah Faber

George Sotiropoulos vs Evan Dunham

Dennis Siver vs Matt Wiman

Melvin Guillard vs Shane Roller

That is the 132 card as per UFC.com but they did add Wandy vs Leban which is a more exciting fight IMO than Fitch/Penn II..

They do need one more "big name" fight.. Maybe Forrest vs someone cause he said he is ready to go..

MoFo 04-20-2011 08:11 AM

Quote:

UFC welterweight Jon Fitch will be out of action a bit longer than he was hoping, as the former title challenger posted on his Twitter account on Tuesday that he will need to undergo surgery next week on his injured shoulder.

Fitch's injury forced him out of a UFC 132 bout with B.J. Penn, a rematch of their UFC 127 headlining bout that ended in a draw. He was hoping to rehab and return to training, but after meeting with his doctor today he got the bad news.

"This is the longest I've ever gone without training. Hope the doc has good news today," Fitch wrote early in the day. Then came the bad news:

"Looks like I will be getting shoulder surgery next week. Not the news I was looking for."

When asked on Twitter how long he would be out for, Fitch revealed it's now expected to be four to six months after surgery.

Hopefully they forget about him and do a new no1 contender fight, maybe BJ v Condit.

Next Big Thing 04-20-2011 12:12 PM

Condit is fighting Stun Gun Kim on that 132 card. The winner of that fight will probably be the new number one contender.

If Shields wins I think those are intriguing match ups. If GSP wins I don't think either guy stands much of a chance.