TPWW Forums

TPWW Forums (https://www.tpwwforums.com/index.php)
-   video games forum (https://www.tpwwforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Black Ops 2 (https://www.tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?t=117747)

Blitz 11-13-2012 09:20 PM

Alright played for about an hour. Looks like a ton of potential in MP. Pick 10 gives you the opportunity to build the classes you want. Maps seem diverse and interesting.

El Fangel 11-13-2012 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alvarado52 (Post 4030689)
Who has given this game a negative opinion? You've mentioned this twice now, about an 'overwhelming response' of negativity, and based in on two XBox pals returning it the same day?

Either buy it because youre interested, or dont. Stop coming into a thread claiming youre gonna pass because its the 'same ol' same ol'', which is hilarious because you've purchased CoDs in the past that are, at best, minor upgrades.

Even Blops 1 was more similar to previous Cods than this one.

WTF are you expecting in a shooter? The basics will remain the same in ALL FPS games, you point the fucking gun, and pull the fucking trigger.

I am sorry, It just dawned on me what an asshat I have been in regards to these things, I am sorry it has taken me this long to realize it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by alvarado52 (Post 4030717)
So, for those who ARE picking this up, ill be on as well if you wanna party up.

I also suggest Kill Confirmed for the early levels, as the pointstreak system allows for quick build ups to your streaks when you kill and get the tags.

Might get that after the 23rd.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blitz (Post 4031052)
Alright played for about an hour. Looks like a ton of potential in MP. Pick 10 gives you the opportunity to build the classes you want. Maps seem diverse and interesting.

Explain what pick 10 is please?

Blitz 11-13-2012 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fallen Angel (Post 4031116)
Explain what pick 10 is please?

The new class system that's already been explained in here. Everything in your loadout, from weapons to attachments to grenades to perks, has a value of 1 point. You're allowed 10 points in your loadout. So if you wanna sacrifice say, your tactical grenades for a weapon with two attachments, you can.

There are some restrictions on it (you can't just choose like 9 perks and a weapon or anything like that), but on the whole it feels like it will be a nice way to come up with some unique classes.

El Fangel 11-13-2012 10:48 PM

Sorry must have missed that. That does sound pretty nice. Would give up claymores easily for some other boon.

Any good sniping maps?

Crimson 11-13-2012 10:55 PM

Also you can play bootcamp up to level 10 and it will roll over to the actual multiplayer. For noobs like me its useful so i can get familiar with stuff before I get owned.

Blitz 11-13-2012 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fallen Angel (Post 4031131)
Sorry must have missed that. That does sound pretty nice. Would give up claymores easily for some other boon.

Any good sniping maps?

I can't say too much about loadouts yet since I've only just started playing and have next to nothing unlocked. But it's definitely got me thinking about what I'll be doing for my ghost class.

Haven't played all the maps yet, but all the ones I have played seem to have at least a couple of decent snipe spots. One map, I think it's called Turbine, is pretty pure sniping. Big canyon with lots of rockiness. Some really long sightlines.

RoXer 11-14-2012 02:07 AM

Is dual-wielding out? Feel like I already know the answer to this

alvarado52 11-14-2012 02:31 AM

No you can dual wield

RoXer 11-14-2012 02:49 AM

How?

alvarado52 11-14-2012 03:16 AM

Unlock the option in the secondary? I know you can because I've picked up dual pistols.

RoXer 11-14-2012 03:22 AM

I want dual SMGs and I don't see it under attachments

Miotch 11-14-2012 05:16 AM

Probably not for SMGs, but I'm sure there are automatic pistols you can dual wield.

El Fangel 11-14-2012 05:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crimson (Post 4031133)
Also you can play bootcamp up to level 10 and it will roll over to the actual multiplayer. For noobs like me its useful so i can get familiar with stuff before I get owned.

Damn, Actually think this is brilliant. Hate playing catchup if you don't get it launch day.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blitz (Post 4031151)
I can't say too much about loadouts yet since I've only just started playing and have next to nothing unlocked. But it's definitely got me thinking about what I'll be doing for my ghost class.

Haven't played all the maps yet, but all the ones I have played seem to have at least a couple of decent snipe spots. One map, I think it's called Turbine, is pretty pure sniping. Big canyon with lots of rockiness. Some really long sightlines.

Anything like wasteland? Or Mission?

Quote:

Originally Posted by alvarado52 (Post 4031261)
Unlock the option in the secondary? I know you can because I've picked up dual pistols.

Mmm, dual revolvers.

alvarado52 11-14-2012 11:50 AM

You couldn't dual smgs in mw3. The best you get is automatic pistols.

Miotch 11-14-2012 01:09 PM

I fucking love this game so far. After a VERY rough start my K/D is up to a 1.09 and I have fallen in love with whichever shotgun they give you to start out with. The loadout system is fantastic, and all of the maps are good after a first impression.

Also Nuketown 2025 is all shiny and awesome.

Miotch 11-14-2012 01:10 PM

FAngel you would hate it though. Don't waste the money.

El Fangel 11-14-2012 01:26 PM

I've always valued your opinion, Miotch.

Therefore I will purchase it.

El Capitano Gatisto 11-14-2012 01:30 PM

I've only had one game on multiplayer because my PS3 connection has been terrible. Still did ok though.

Miotch 11-14-2012 01:51 PM

The servers right now are a bit overloaded I believe, which would be my biggest criticism.

El Fangel 11-14-2012 02:00 PM

Thats to be expected though.

Fryza 11-14-2012 04:41 PM

Played a few hours last night. Don't have much of an opinion on it, just CoD to me. I'll give it more time though.

LoDownM 11-14-2012 05:34 PM

Absolutely hate the round split in Domination, ruined the mode imo.

El Fangel 11-14-2012 05:48 PM

They split dom into rounds? :(

El Fangel 11-14-2012 05:49 PM

How would that even work? best of 3 or like it stops midway through and starts over from opposite spawn?

LoDownM 11-14-2012 05:54 PM

There's a time limit and when it's half way through what ever the time limit is you switch sides. Have yet to see one or two games actually get to 200 points.

El Fangel 11-14-2012 05:58 PM

So it flips who controls what points?

Blitz 11-14-2012 06:27 PM

Few more observations.

-UAV/mini-map reading is huge in this game. Or at least it will be for a little bit. Ghost isn't unlocked until level 55, and it takes a bit of time to unlock silencers, so when a UAV goes up or you fire a shot, you're gonna be a target.
-Haven't found a gun yet that's working for me on the level of, say, the PP90M, but there's a few good ones so far. Like Miotch mentioned, the initial pump action shotty is pretty beast, the MTAR is a nice rifle, and the Vector is a nice smg. Definitely gonna be doing more work with LMGs soon.
-Maps are nice. Fangel will hate this but the I've only played one that feels like a pure sniper map. Most of them have a pretty good collection of different engagement types, IE long sightlines, close quarters, sniper perches, etc.. Favourite map at this point is probably Hijacked. Reminds me a bit of Wetwork from COD4.
-Campaign has been fun so far. Only did a few missions, but they were cool. Taking out helicopters with a stinger while riding around on horseback feels uniquely Call of Duty.
-Pointstreaks feel pretty balanced for the most part. Haven't seen any high level ones yet though.

So yeah. Enjoying it thus far.

LoDownM 11-14-2012 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fallen Angel (Post 4031608)
So it flips who controls what points?

No, It resets the flags and you switch what your initial spawns are (Ie, the team that spawned by the A flag at the start, will spawn by the C flag when the round starts) but the score is the same as it was when time ran out in the first round. Basically the game restarts, but with whatever the score was before "halftime"

It's annoying, and ruins the flow of the mode.

Emperor Smeat 11-14-2012 08:01 PM

Is the manual for this game literally half a page showing a picture of the Xbox 360 controller with the other 3 pages just the warranty and Live details?

Crimson 11-14-2012 08:06 PM

This basically is like MW4..wish I could get silencers and claymore realy early like in Blackops .
And sometimes when there's 12 people in a room it makes you wait and it reads "need more players to balance teams". So there gona have to patch that up

Miotch 11-14-2012 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smelly Meatball (Post 4031699)
Is the manual for this game literally half a page showing a picture of the Xbox 360 controller with the other 3 pages just the warranty and Live details?

Was the last time you bought a video game circa 2006?

Kalyx triaD 11-14-2012 08:58 PM

They should abolish paper manuals next console cycle. Pointless now.

Emperor Smeat 11-14-2012 09:09 PM

No, played and bought a bunch of games that had pretty small manuals. This one might be the shortest considering the actual part of the manual is just a single picture.

Don't actually own the game though and just played it a bit with a friend who bought a copy today.

To be fair, only have played Black Ops 1 for CoD games this gen (and like 2-3 rounds of CoD 4 multiplayer).

alvarado52 11-14-2012 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blitz (Post 4031637)
Few more observations.

-Haven't found a gun yet that's working for me on the level of, say, the PP90M, but there's a few good ones so far. Like Miotch mentioned, the initial pump action shotty is pretty beast, the MTAR is a nice rifle, and the Vector is a nice smg. Definitely gonna be doing more work with LMGs soon.

So yeah. Enjoying it thus far.

LMGs are beasts in this, ive ran with the LSW since I unlocked it, and coupled it with the grip and zoom sight. Zero recoil, and has allowed me to beast to my 1.60 k/d so far.

RoXer 11-14-2012 10:06 PM

What do you get for prestiging?

OssMan 11-14-2012 10:50 PM

I don't get why you all keep buying these games

Blitz 11-14-2012 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alvarado52 (Post 4031789)
LMGs are beasts in this, ive ran with the LSW since I unlocked it, and coupled it with the grip and zoom sight. Zero recoil, and has allowed me to beast to my 1.60 k/d so far.

Yeah I've always used LMGs in COD, just been working more with rifles and SMGs at this point. Absolutely love that one beginning class with I think the LSAT with the target finder. Was beasting with it.

Fignuts 11-15-2012 02:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OssMan (Post 4031843)
I don't get why you all keep buying these games

I don't get why you feel the need to make this post.

You don't find the series fun. Other people do.

Get over it.

LoDownM 11-15-2012 03:11 AM

MSMC, favorite gun in the game so far. Reminds me of the PP90 personally.

#BROKEN Hasney 11-15-2012 05:55 AM

The wonderfully insane after-credits ending.

SPOILER: show
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/uJbrTgUL0Dk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>