TPWW Forums

TPWW Forums (https://www.tpwwforums.com/index.php)
-   video games forum (https://www.tpwwforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Wii U (https://www.tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?t=112591)

G 04-21-2011 04:34 PM

Wii U

Kaylx has more thoughts and ideas and he'd rather not clog the VG news thread.

#BROKEN Hasney 04-21-2011 04:43 PM

I've got a great idea: Wait until it's officialy announced so you don't dissapoint yourself.

#BROKEN Hasney 04-21-2011 04:50 PM

For crazy speculation I mean, not thread based fact reporting.

G 04-21-2011 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by Drakul http://www.tpww.net/forums/images/bu...n/viewpost.gif
Looks like it.

Quote:
<table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset"> Originally Posted by Kotaku
Nintendo's next console will debut at E3 in June, moving the maker of Mario and Zelda into the HD era. The news, first reported by Game Informer today, confirms rumors that have been swirling for months in the wake of slowing game releases from Nintendo.

Furthermore, we've heard that the machine will be more powerful than current-gen systems, meaning Nintendo, currently backing a Wii that is weaker in horsepower than the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3, will be showing a new console that is more powerful than those current competitors.

We've asked Nintendo for comment and will let you know if they shock us and spill the beans. Update: Nintendo responded to our inquiry with a standard "Nintendo does not comment on rumor or speculation".

E3 kicks off on June 7, though Nintendo's E3 press conference may occur the day before, if tradition holds. </td></tr></tbody></table>
Source.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
<table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset"> Originally Posted by Smelly Meatball http://www.tpww.net/forums/images/bu...n/viewpost.gif
More rumors concerning the upcoming Wii 2 involves a leaked early spec sheet, the project being named "Project Cafe", and the controller being compared to an iPad with buttons.

Rumored feedback from developers and insider sources who heard or seen the controller have them ranging from being completely amazed to believing it could end up as one of the best things ever created for video games. Also rumored was as weird and advanced the controller sounds, Nintendo will keep the costs low to fit their current affordability model.

Quote:
<table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset"> The controller itself is said to include a 6" single touch screen, d-pad, "L and R," two triggers, and "others." The functionality of the Wii's sensor bar has now been integrated into the controller, which would mean that you'd just use your controller as a sensor bar for Wiimote gameplay. It would a sport a front facing camera.

Also, because it's Nintendo we're talking about here, the cost of this controller is said to be "modest" and we shouldn't expect iPad levels of power or performance here. They call it an "iPad with buttons" for lack of a better term. 01net's source also elaborated on the hardware specs of the console itself. </td></tr></tbody></table>
Also rumored was the 3DS could actually be a substitute controller for the new system in a similar way of how Wii games allow different controllers to be used.

http://gamrfeed.vgchartz.com/pics/ru...7_expanded.jpg
http://gamrfeed.vgchartz.com/story/8...details-outed/

</td></tr></tbody></table>
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
<table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset"> Originally Posted by Kalyx triaD http://www.tpww.net/forums/images/bu...n/viewpost.gif
Another mock-up:

<table id="ncode_imageresizer_warning_1" class="ncode_imageresizer_warning" width="800"><tbody><tr><td class="td1" width="20">http://www.tpww.net/forums/images/st.../wol_error.gif</td><td class="td2">This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1280x739.</td></tr></tbody></table>http://gearmedia.ign.com/gear/image/...5053115064.jpg

S'okay.

Anyway it seems Nintendo would give many older concepts of the GCN/GBA connectivity another go, this time all the tech is right there. We know the obvious FPS radar and Madden secret playbooks are coming... But what else can be done? And what AAA franchise will Nintendo put to work on the thing?

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
<table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset"> Originally Posted by RoXer http://www.tpww.net/forums/images/bu...n/viewpost.gif
<table id="ncode_imageresizer_warning_2" class="ncode_imageresizer_warning" width="523"><tbody><tr><td class="td1" width="20">http://www.tpww.net/forums/images/st.../wol_error.gif</td><td class="td2">This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 784x1796.</td></tr></tbody></table>http://i.imgur.com/zuH7x.jpg
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalyx triaD http://www.tpww.net/forums/images/bu...n/viewpost.gif
A Kotaku write-up about Project Cafe's controller has a line that I likes a lot:

Quote:
<table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset"> Originally Posted by Kotaku
In fact, you could think of the new Nintendo console as turning your living room into a glorified mega-DS.... your TV is the upper-screen; your controller is the lower touchscreen. </td></tr></tbody></table>
Project Cafe Official Thread, anyone? I have more thoughts and ideas and I rather not clog this thread.

G 04-21-2011 04:54 PM

Complete copy and paste job from that rip off thread ( :shifty: )

Kalyx triaD 04-21-2011 05:08 PM

Yeah so... We're all totally getting this, right?

OssMan 04-21-2011 05:12 PM

I can't wait to look at this thread in five year and feel the way I do today about the Nintendo Revolution

Extreme Angle 04-21-2011 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kalyx triaD (Post 3500182)

So it can gather dust like my Wii?... Maybe :shifty:

Kalyx triaD 04-21-2011 05:21 PM

To be honest, 3rd party support better be exclusive games - no ports. I'll just get the game for XB360 anyway. I want interesting games, and of course Nintendo classics.

Hard Corps and Moon Diver would be great on this thing, though; offline co-op where we can split off into our own adventures. And if ever a time for a Zombies Ate My Neighbors HD revival...

Emperor Smeat 04-21-2011 05:58 PM

Well if its true about Microsoft and Sony waiting till 2014, then Nintendo has at least 2 years of guaranteed 3rd party support but everyone is assuming all it means is all the PS3/Xbox 360 games are being ported over to the new Nintendo.

Nintendo did sign an exclusive agreement with Rockstar for at least 1-2 games (GTA V might be one) and with Kojima/Konami for another 1-2 games.

It also helps that Nintendo is starting to stock up on more studios as insurance if 3rd party studios decide to neglect them again.

Kalyx triaD 04-21-2011 06:06 PM

IGN has an article wonders if the new Zelda should be up-ported to Cafe. And I'm thinking, "Why? So you guys could bitch about how it's a port that doesn't take advantage of the new console?" Getting tired of IGN's shit.

Vietnamese Crippler 04-21-2011 06:18 PM

Oh, noes, one person's opinion means it's the whole site's opinion.

It's an opinion editorial, who gives a fuck.

Extreme Angle 04-21-2011 06:19 PM

can't wait till e3...

Vietnamese Crippler 04-21-2011 06:22 PM

Quote:

Project Cafe: The Tech Behind Nintendo's Next Console

New pricing, hardware, design, and release information uncovered.

April 21, 2011

http://oyster.ignimgs.com/social/ava...1302122507.jpgLevel 12

by Scott Lowe

More details of Nintendo's forthcoming console, codenamed Project Cafe aka Wii 2, have been revealed to IGN, including the system's estimated pricing, release, console design, processing architecture, and name.

According to sources with knowledge of the project, Nintendo's next console could have a retail price of anywhere between $350 and $400 based on manufacturing costs, and will ship from Taiwanese manufacturer, Foxconn, this October, putting the earliest possible retail release anywhere between mid-October and early November.

However, Nintendo could also opt to build up a sizable supply of the system and allocate more time for software and games development by launching in early 2012. Similarly, Nintendo could attempt to lower the retail price of the system with lower profit margins to make the price more alluring.

Since the manufacturing is taking place in Taiwan, the earthquakes and tsunami that hit Japan last month will not impact the console hardware as previously expected.

Additionally, IGN has learned that the system will be based on a revamped version of AMD's R700 GPU architecture, not AMD's Fusion technology as previously believed, which will, as previously reported, out perform the PlayStation 3's NVIDIA 7800GTX-based processor. Like the Xbox 360, the system's CPU will be a custom-built triple-core IBM PowerPC chipset, but the clocking speeds will be faster. The system will support 1080p output with the potential for stereoscopic 3D as well, though it has not been determined whether that will be a staple feature.

In terms of the design of the console itself, the overall size will be comparable to that of the original Xbox 360 and the system is likely to resemble a modernized version of the Super Nintendo Entertainment System (SNES).

As reported last week, it will indeed utilize controllers with integrated touchscreens and be capable of streaming games to each controller, though given the power of the system, could also feasibly provide a virtualized console for each individual unit.

Finally, Nintendo is considering naming the console Stream, though it is potentially one of several names currently being vetted by the company.

We contacted Nintendo representatives, but they declined to comment on "rumors or speculation."

For more on Project Cafe, stay tuned to IGN.com.
- http://wii.ign.com/articles/116/1163362p1.html

Kalyx triaD 04-21-2011 06:30 PM

The whole site seems to have shit opinions, jus sayin.

G 04-21-2011 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kalyx triaD (Post 3500182)

mos def

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smelly Meatball (Post 3500223)
Nintendo did sign an exclusive agreement with Rockstar for at least 1-2 games (GTA V might be one)

get out of here. that would be like putting cod on one console. do you know how many sales they would be losing

Snowden 04-21-2011 08:06 PM

I loves me new consoles, don't get me wrong. But the tech only goes so far without actual games.

The Kinect is still probably the coolest technology on the market, but there's absolutely jack for it right now. Until games start getting announced for a new console/add on, I try my bestest to temper expectations.

That being said...it does look pretty awesome.

Emperor Smeat 04-21-2011 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G (Post 3500269)
mos def

get out of here. that would be like putting cod on one console. do you know how many sales they would be losing

Yeah made the mistake of implying it would be exclusive. GTA V is just rumored of also being on a Nintendo console to go along with the usual PC, PS3, Xbox 360.

It could still have some sort of exclusive content but I doubt Rockstar is going to do episodes or add Mario/Luigi in the game as Easter eggs.

Droford 04-22-2011 04:17 AM

Quote:

According to sources with knowledge of the project, Nintendo's next console could have a retail price of anywhere between $350 and $400 based on manufacturing costs, and will ship from Taiwanese manufacturer, Foxconn, this October, putting the earliest possible retail release anywhere between mid-October and early November.

However, Nintendo could also opt to build up a sizable supply of the system and allocate more time for software and games development by launching in early 2012. Similarly, Nintendo could attempt to lower the retail price of the system with lower profit margins to make the price more alluring.
lol

Will Nintendo launch in November with a smaller number of units to artificially hype up demand and make it the must buy item for Christmas OR WAIT TIL AFTER CHRISTMAS and launch with a larger number of units and more software when no ones gonna give a rats ass about it..?

If you pick option B you are a fucking moron

I personally hope they come up with a better name than "Stream". Id fucking call it the UNES with the U standing for ULTRA since this sounds like the first time they're actually going to do right with the console hardware since the fucking SNES. Just forget the N64/Gamecube/Wii ever existed, sort of like a reboot of the Nintendo Franchise after 3 lousy sequels. I remember the Nintendo 64 was originally going to be called the Ultra 64..

FearedSanctity 04-22-2011 04:45 AM

Forget the 64 ever existed? Yeah, OK

#BROKEN Hasney 04-22-2011 05:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Droford (Post 3500655)
lol

Will Nintendo launch in November with a smaller number of units to artificially hype up demand and make it the must buy item for Christmas OR WAIT TIL AFTER CHRISTMAS and launch with a larger number of units and more software when no ones gonna give a rats ass about it..?

If you pick option B you are a fucking moron

I personally hope they come up with a better name than "Stream". Id fucking call it the UNES with the U standing for ULTRA since this sounds like the first time they're actually going to do right with the console hardware since the fucking SNES. Just forget the N64/Gamecube/Wii ever existed, sort of like a reboot of the Nintendo Franchise after 3 lousy sequels. I remember the Nintendo 64 was originally going to be called the Ultra 64..

My brain... Lack of sense... Brain freeze... Must find intelligent humans... Might even make do with G...

Extreme Angle 04-22-2011 05:58 AM

Hasney has the MAXIMUM amount of rep (100,000+)

Droford 04-22-2011 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FearedSanctity (Post 3500659)
Forget the 64 ever existed? Yeah, OK

Why not? Just about every great game that was on the N64 has been remade either on the Wii, DS, 3DS or even the XBox.

Legend of Zelda, GoldenEye, Mario64, StarFox, Perfect Dark, Pilotwings (so..um that wasn't a great game but still)...Im sure there are more that Im missing but the point is made..

Drakul 04-22-2011 10:18 AM

Sort of cool mock up:

http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets...4/40034725.jpg

Droford 04-22-2011 10:35 AM

thats the worst mock up ever

If it looks like that I hope Nintendo goes out of business

FearedSanctity 04-22-2011 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Droford (Post 3500695)
Why not? Just about every great game that was on the N64 has been remade either on the Wii, DS, 3DS or even the XBox.

Legend of Zelda, GoldenEye, Mario64, StarFox, Perfect Dark, Pilotwings (so..um that wasn't a great game but still)...Im sure there are more that Im missing but the point is made..

And they'd have been remade had they not even existed in the first place?

You've made a point, but it's one of the more retarded ones I've ever read

#BROKEN Hasney 04-22-2011 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Droford (Post 3500812)
thats the worst mock up ever

I finally agree with Droford

Quote:

Originally Posted by Droford (Post 3500812)
If it looks like that I hope Nintendo goes out of business

Well agreeing with Droford was a wild ride, but I think it's over now.

Droford 04-22-2011 09:01 PM

If you dont look back with such rose colored nintendo fanboy glasses, you'd realize that the N64 was garbage. The games cost MORE at the time than the PS games and they looked like garbage back then compared to PS and some Saturn games. Also the N64 was the start of the whole "No third party support" problem thats plagued Nintendo for the last 15 years. Just about every good N64 game you can think of was either Nintendo or RARE which was effectively Nintendo first at the time, 14 of the top 25 N64 games according to IGN are all Nintendo/Rare including the entire top 7, with the other 11 being crap like Madden/ASB/Tony Hawk ports from the PS. This has pretty much been the case with the Gamecube/Wii too.

The pinacle point of how to explain this is to remember playing Killer Instinct in the Arcades and seeing the ULTRA 64 logo pop up and think this is what games will look like on the next Nintendo console, only to end up with a crappy version of Killer Instict Gold actually making it to the N64, not to mention the horrid SNES version of the first that made it out (which I actually fucking bought..and even more pissed I lost the Killer Kuts Soundtrack CD that came with it)

Edit: I totally forgot about Blast Corps, but since it was RARE we'll never get a sequel/remake..damnit

FearedSanctity 04-22-2011 10:15 PM

So because the games cost more and the graphics weren't PS level the system was garbage and should be forgotten about completely? Are you serious? And wtf does it matter who makes the games? Nintendo's games aren't always perfect, but 90% of the time they're better than the shit obscure little 3rd party companies put out anyway. And your "pinnacle point" is a shit port? You can't be serious. That's RARE's fault, not the 64s.

Learn to play games for the fucking fun factor instead of how it looks.

FearedSanctity 04-22-2011 10:17 PM

PS3 should be trashed completely because it's expensive and a lot of its games are watered down 360 ports. We should completely disregard the franchises born on it like LittleBigPlanet and Resistance and focus solely on a few bad things

Kalyx triaD 04-23-2011 10:34 PM

Droford where's this animosity coming from?

G 04-23-2011 10:44 PM

he was molested as a child

Kalyx triaD 04-23-2011 10:45 PM

By fucking Mario?

#BROKEN Hasney 04-24-2011 02:45 AM

The most annoying thing about Drofords argument is that the N64; bar some crazy fog issues, had better 3D graphics than either the PS1 or the Saturn. Hell, I loved my Saturn, but especially the Saturn.

OssMan 04-24-2011 02:46 PM

The N64 had better 3D graphics, but PS1 looked more polished as a whole. They had FMV sequences and stuff. I just remember the Saturn having digitized graphics which I could never tell if they were good or not. Like it looked as if there were two real people fighting against each other in a fighting game but for some reason it didn't look right.

G 04-24-2011 03:24 PM

http://ui04.gamefaqs.com/99/gfs_13436_2_2.jpg

G 04-24-2011 03:26 PM

http://gamesdbase.com/Media/SYSTEM/S...ertainment.jpg

LoDownM 04-24-2011 03:41 PM

I got to play a Saturn once. Out of all my friends who played video game back then, only 1 person had one and he was hardly ever free to come hang out.

G 04-24-2011 03:48 PM

Yeah I also knew one kid who had one. Rarely went to his house, but did play some Daytona and Time Crisis.

Kalyx triaD 04-24-2011 06:24 PM

Saturn was alright. Guardian Heroes was the shit. And arcade perfect Capcom fighters, though some had to be imported, were very cool.

And like hell the PS1 was more polished than N64. That was the console of that era. PS1 didn't show it's chops until their 3rd generation games, that's also when Nintendo started doing weird shit that didn't pan out.

Sony got their shit together with the PS2, and Nintendo damn-there lost their minds with Gamecube. Microsoft threw their cards in at the time, and Sega had to bow out because Sony trumped them hard (it's been my personal belief that Sega never quite knew how to do the console thing).