TPWW Forums

TPWW Forums (https://www.tpwwforums.com/index.php)
-   wrestling forum (https://www.tpwwforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Does anyone else think Bayley sucks? (https://www.tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?t=132850)

slik 02-03-2017 02:54 PM

Does anyone else think Bayley sucks?

I like her entrance/theme music but I don't get the hype at all. She has the worst finisher of anyone currently in WWE. Charlotte seems way better in the ring/on the mic than the rest of the entire women's roster tbh.

Cool King 02-03-2017 03:00 PM

Yeah, I'm not a fan.

I really can't think of anything good to say about her. I'm just not interested in her and I find her entrance to be really annoying, but that's probably mostly due to Saxton.

Destor 02-03-2017 03:00 PM

Bayley has a quirky charisma. She's a bit sloppy and awkward but she is magnetic in a great way. She has *it*

Juan 02-03-2017 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Destor (Post 4923094)
Bayley has a quirky charisma. She's a bit sloppy and awkward but she is magnetic in a great way. She has *it*

slik 02-03-2017 03:12 PM

Then she should be Finn Balor's valet. Enough with this in-ring nonsense.

Destor 02-03-2017 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sliksuke nakamura (Post 4923100)
Then she should be Finn Balor's valet. Enough with this in-ring nonsense.

Nah, people want to pay to watch her work. That's nonsense.

Ol Dirty Dastard 02-03-2017 03:17 PM

She's a pretty good worker.

Ol Dirty Dastard 02-03-2017 03:18 PM

No more sloppy than Sascha Ms over rated for fucking days Banks (who is still decent, just a total slopfest sometimes)

slik 02-03-2017 03:18 PM

Let her be an in-ring interviewer with her own segment, ala Miz/Jericho/Ko called "Hug it Out" so she can still have her big entrance each week, but until she learns a better finisher she should be banned from wrestling in the ring.

Like how am I supposed to take her seriously...It would be like James Ellsworth defeating Braun Strowman with the worm. Charlotte just seems like she is on a different level than all the other women they have, in-ring and on the mic.

slik 02-03-2017 03:20 PM

Sasha sucks too, but sucks less than Bayley and I like her character more. Charlotte is the only female wrestler other than Alexa Bliss, Mickie James, Becky Lynch and Asuka who seems "good" tbh. I guess Nia Jax could get there if she goes the Braun route. Naomi was on track but seems "not as good" as she used to be for some reason.

Shisen Kopf 02-03-2017 03:23 PM

Women's rasslin is terrible. They should be valets and posing in playboy. That's about it.

slik 02-03-2017 03:25 PM

TV-MA Divas ONLY

Maryse was a good champion, un-retire Maryse ASAP please

slik 02-03-2017 03:30 PM

Sable was a better wrestler than Bayley too. See below:

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/TRdv3_ExtuA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Mm9c6qarGH0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/VBF0II5PVHo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

road doggy dogg 02-03-2017 03:30 PM

her hair makes me think of a person with down syndrome

Evil Vito 02-03-2017 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by road doggy dogg (Post 4923121)

I'm pretty sure that was supposed to be her gimmick initially.

Shisen Kopf 02-03-2017 03:44 PM

She should be called Eugina then

Stickman 02-03-2017 03:47 PM

I agree with most of what has been said earlier. She has charisma but that's about it. You can tell she works hard and is trying her best, but she's super awkward. I disagree and actually like her finisher, it's kind of different.
The problem with her is I actually don't think she's an athlete. Sure, she has trained to be a wrester, is probably strong because you have to be to be a wrestler. I'm sure she's a gym rat. But I really really don't think she is an athlete. You can tell if somebody is an athlete by the way they move and she moves like an elementary school teacher who has never played a sport.

#1-norm-fan 02-03-2017 03:48 PM

Pretty much all women wrestlers are sloppy and awkward in the ring. I don't know than she's any more sloppy than the rest.

Ol Dirty Dastard 02-03-2017 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by road doggy dogg (Post 4923121)

LOL jesus!

Triggered

Wishbone 02-03-2017 03:49 PM

Sounds like you've got way too much of a boner for Charlotte to have any sort of objective opinion on anyone else. :p

Nah, but seriously I think you're just not in the right demographic for her, and that's fine. One of the great things about wrestling in the past was that you had tons of different characters to choose from so there was something for everyone. Nowadays everyone is the same cookie cutter personality, and while you might like that specific personality many others don't.

Bayley appeals to a younger audience and to people like her who have always just wanted to have fun with life and live their dreams. If you can't relate to that fair enough, but to say that she shouldn't be there just because you don't personally like her act is a bit childish. And, yes, I'm aware of the hypocrisy in that statement with how much I hate on Roman Reigns, but in the end it's the truth.

As for her finisher being "the worst" um, do I need to remind you of all the shit finishers and signature moves wrestling has had over the years? The Worm, the People's Elbow, the Empire Elbow, any elbow drop move in general that's not off the top rope honestly, the Cobra, the Mandible Claw, the Styles Clash, the Atomic Leg drop, etc, etc. I mean hell, even Cena's finisher is just a standing fireman's carry. I fail to see why that gets a pass but a belly to bell suplex doesn't.

Ol Dirty Dastard 02-03-2017 03:50 PM

Honestly don't really like Sasha's character. Terrible promo

slik 02-03-2017 03:53 PM

Bayley reminds me of TV PG John Cena and she always has that annoying kid in the audience who likes her, Izzy.

WWE should release her and bring back Blood and Chairshots and Thumbtacks and Barbed Wire. If Kevin Owens was around ten years ago he would be wrestling in hardcore matches instead of "people in shark cages" matches.

road doggy dogg 02-03-2017 03:54 PM

a wrestling match against an actual shark

slik 02-03-2017 03:54 PM

No one even used the shark cage as a weapon. Lame.

Wishbone 02-03-2017 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dastardly Dale Newstead (Post 4923133)
Honestly don't really like Sasha's character. Terrible promo

Sasha's character is waaaay better suited to being a heel honestly. That's the biggest problem with her right now. It's like when they tried to play off Del Rio as a face despite still having the same character of "rich Mexican". The whole point of the character was that he was a stuck up aristocrat who hated Americans and then you take the exact same guy and just have him wear a t-shirt and expect people to latch on. It just doesn't work. Sasha is essentially playing a Kanye West/generic modern hip hop star, and that sort of person generally isn't well liked by most people, especially not the general audience that watch wrestling.

road doggy dogg 02-03-2017 03:55 PM

basically this

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/xbizfk91wK0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ol Dirty Dastard 02-03-2017 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sliksuke nakamura (Post 4923134)
Bayley reminds me of TV PG John Cena and she always has that annoying kid in the audience who likes her, Izzy.

WWE should release her and bring back Blood and Chairshots and Thumbtacks and Barbed Wire. If Kevin Owens was around ten years ago he would be wrestling in hardcore matches instead of "people in shark cages" matches.

Best post ever LOL

Shisen Kopf 02-03-2017 03:59 PM

Yeah, rap is crap

Shisen Kopf 02-03-2017 03:59 PM

Bayley is boring. She should be called Borely.

Ol Dirty Dastard 02-03-2017 04:00 PM

Borely to Borely suplex

Cool King 02-03-2017 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by road doggy dogg (Post 4923135)
a wrestling match against an actual shark

https://rotostreetjournal.files.word...if?w=401&h=200

Shisen Kopf 02-03-2017 04:09 PM

https://loopit.in/photo/tfdlDRrc0Xg:hq/default.jpg

Mr. Nerfect 02-03-2017 05:25 PM

Don't have time to read this whole thing, but yes, I do. Agree with the assessment that she has a charisma that allows her to connect with people, which is really important, but she's a female Zack Ryder.

I'm still bitter she cut off Becky Lynch's story to beating Sasha Banks, and while her ascension in NXT was charming and a wonderful story, you cannot exactly tell it again on the main roster. People have seen Bayley. Main roster WWE is also a much more stoic place. She'll have to survive without every other week being dedicated to the next well calculated block in her personal story. She's going to have to get used to filler, no-selling her losses and not relying on momentum to fuel her crowd reactions.

I was high on women's wrestling for a while, but it really is smoke and mirrors. A Diva is your SmackDown Women's Champion, the RAW Women's Title moves around about as much as the Hardcore Title did before they started changing it on house shows, the personalities are still hollow and one-dimensional and the only real star seems to be Charlotte. Sasha, Bayley and Becky are somewhat over, but I think people "like" them as opposed to truly believing in them.

If we didn't do this fucking brand split, we could be en route to a Clash of the Four Horsewomen at Mania this year. Charlotte vs. Sasha vs. Becky vs. Bayley in Orlando would be off the hook. Becky could have done her shit with Alexa and Mickie without a belt; Nia could still be finding her feet; Paige could still fuck up and fuck off; Emma could still be teased for months on end; Nikki could still do her Fearless shit, whatever that means; and Natalya could still be the veteran presence stretching people. And there would be one championship so people would still know who the best is. For people to care about a championship, I think they need to care about a division -- otherwise why does being the champion of that division mean anything? People do not care about the women's division, because 20% of the women on each roster holds a championship, and that is truthfully not much of an exaggeration. That's what being a Women's Champion means -- top 20th percentile. You'd be more over if you rolled a 1 on a die.

Emperor Smeat 02-03-2017 05:43 PM

No but then again her biggest appeal was always her character and WWE rolled back too much of it for her call up. RAW's women's division isn't deep enough to repeat the same storyline rise she had in NXT which is why she should have been called up before the Draft if that was their plan.

Also doesn't help the WWE only cares about Charlotte for RAW in terms of focus and stardom which has hurt the division for the brand.

Wishbone 02-03-2017 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noid (Post 4923164)
Don't have time to read this whole thing, but yes, I do. Agree with the assessment that she has a charisma that allows her to connect with people, which is really important, but she's a female Zack Ryder.

I'm still bitter she cut off Becky Lynch's story to beating Sasha Banks, and while her ascension in NXT was charming and a wonderful story, you cannot exactly tell it again on the main roster. People have seen Bayley. Main roster WWE is also a much more stoic place. She'll have to survive without every other week being dedicated to the next well calculated block in her personal story. She's going to have to get used to filler, no-selling her losses and not relying on momentum to fuel her crowd reactions.

I was high on women's wrestling for a while, but it really is smoke and mirrors. A Diva is your SmackDown Women's Champion, the RAW Women's Title moves around about as much as the Hardcore Title did before they started changing it on house shows, the personalities are still hollow and one-dimensional and the only real star seems to be Charlotte. Sasha, Bayley and Becky are somewhat over, but I think people "like" them as opposed to truly believing in them.

If we didn't do this fucking brand split, we could be en route to a Clash of the Four Horsewomen at Mania this year. Charlotte vs. Sasha vs. Becky vs. Bayley in Orlando would be off the hook. Becky could have done her shit with Alexa and Mickie without a belt; Nia could still be finding her feet; Paige could still fuck up and fuck off; Emma could still be teased for months on end; Nikki could still do her Fearless shit, whatever that means; and Natalya could still be the veteran presence stretching people. And there would be one championship so people would still know who the best is. For people to care about a championship, I think they need to care about a division -- otherwise why does being the champion of that division mean anything? People do not care about the women's division, because 20% of the women on each roster holds a championship, and that is truthfully not much of an exaggeration. That's what being a Women's Champion means -- top 20th percentile. You'd be more over if you rolled a 1 on a die.

Noid being a massive Debby Downer over here. Seriously though, what you just said applies to the entire WWE, not just the women's divisions. Literally none of the titles mean jack, no one is used properly, and there are no stars except those that should have burnt out a long time ago. Not sure how you can be so down on the women's division and not feel the exact same for the men at this point.

DAMN lNATOR 02-03-2017 06:45 PM

Bayley is uglier than Nicole Bass. Ew.

Maluco 02-03-2017 07:34 PM

She is inoffensive and you can see why young girls like her. She is a light hearted, fun character.

But if the division was more well rounded, she wouldn't be anywhere near the title. Charlotte is not the finished article, but is lightyears ahead of Bayley in every department. It isn't believable to me as a fan that Bayley would beat her tbh.

It would be like Mojo Rawley beating John Cena for the Universal title

Lock Jaw 02-03-2017 07:49 PM

I like Bayley...... I think some of her gear (especially the jackets) are ugly as hell, though.... cringeworthy...... I know they are trying to make it seem like "she had no help from her parents making her costume", but there is a way to do that without it being so fugly.

Also Bayley just naturally has a weird speaking voice, not much can be done about that.

Ol Dirty Dastard 02-03-2017 07:50 PM

Charlotte really is miles ahead of all those biatches though. But it's not fair, as she is a Flair... to be fair to Flair.

slik 02-03-2017 08:02 PM

Does anyone else remember The Kat vs Terri Runnels from WrestleMania 2000?