TPWW Forums

TPWW Forums (https://www.tpwwforums.com/index.php)
-   wrestling forum (https://www.tpwwforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Official HHH Appreciation Thread (https://www.tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?t=9245)

Paki Crippler 04-02-2004 04:22 PM

Official HHH Appreciation Thread

OK I had to do it. I'm just giving Trips the props for his 2 HUGE J-O-B-S this month.

Benoit @ Mania
Shelton on RAW.

*wake me when it's over* .
------------
i am going to get really bad reps for doing this thread..GOD damnit why did i do this.. :'(

loopydate 04-02-2004 04:27 PM

I appreciate HHH as a wrestler -- when he tries.

He catches a lot of flack, and a lot of it is deserved. However, he CAN still put on a good match when his heart is in it. See WMXX and this week's RAW for examples.

The backstage politics have to go, but I do appreciate The Game.

Kristanna Vola 04-02-2004 04:38 PM

I really appericated HHH from 1998-2001. Had some of the best feuds ever. I was one of his biggest fans back then :p

When he wants to turn it 'on' he still can and he is a great talent, politics aside. Props for him jobbing last week, if he does that more often I'll appericate him even more :y:

PureHatred 04-02-2004 04:47 PM

I'm hoping that his crap wrestling was the result of the lingering effects of the quad injury and that his work of late means we're going to see the performances we got in '98-'00. I hope so. At one point, Triple H was my favorite wrestler on the roster.

Mr. JL 04-02-2004 04:49 PM

Don't fall for the trap! Its simply Triple H's way of making Chris Benoit's win over him worthless and unimportant. TRIPLE H LOGIC. If he jobs to everyone to the roster than Chris Benoit just looks like the average joe. :shifty:

Nah, its good of Triple H to job to Shelton Benjamin. BUT WHAT ABOUT EVERY OTHER WRESTLER WHO DID THE JOB FOR HIM, TIME AFTER TIME AFTER TIME AFTER ****ING TIME?

Chris Jericho, Booker T, Kane and Rob Van Dam deserve those wins over Triple H more than anyone on the planet today. They are the ones who had to put up with all that shit. Triple H's influence nearly killed all 4 of their careers...

Savio 04-02-2004 04:59 PM

He lost to Eddie also.

BasicThuganomics 04-02-2004 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. JL
BUT WHAT ABOUT EVERY OTHER WRESTLER WHO DID THE JOB FOR HIM, TIME AFTER TIME AFTER TIME AFTER ****ING TIME?

Chris Jericho, Booker T, Kane and Rob Van Dam deserve those wins over Triple H more than anyone on the planet today. They are the ones who had to put up with all that shit. Triple H's influence nearly killed all 4 of their careers...

Yeah, what about them? Can you say anything about them that hasn't already been said a few hundred times before? No one is pretending that HHH is suddenly a saint, they are just saying that he has been all-around better lately. You said it yourself, they (RVD, Booker, etc.) are the ones who had to put up with that shit, so why are you bitching about it now? Its in the past and has been discussed more times than necessary already.

On topic, I have genuinely enjoyed HHH ever since he won the title back in December. I think that if he stays injury free, and doesn't hog up the spotlight he will become one of my favorite wrestlers like he used to be.

Kane Knight 04-02-2004 05:01 PM

Jobbing two matches in recent history?

LET ME CALL CNN!

Seriously, he's doing what he SHOULD be doing. This is neither worthy of praise or appreciation.

Nowhere Man 04-02-2004 05:24 PM

I gotta go with KK and Mr. JL on this one. Don't get me wrong; I'm glad that Benoit was finally given the World Title, and I'm glad Shelton got a win. But that doesn't excuse the fact that he's seriously hindered the careers of guys who could really have been big money names.

Shaggy 04-02-2004 05:24 PM

I have been a big HHH fan since he stopped the whole Blue Blood thing. I never really noticed him untill a little bit before DX was formed and since then I have been a big fan. I think that Triple H is definently something the WWE should keep around. The impact he makes on the fans is great. Just think with out The Game we wouldnt have the posts around here that mention how Triple H doesnt job that much and always wins his matches. With out that this site would be a little down. But as we are all seing now Triple H is letting others win. I think now he is gonna start doing whats better for the company. He needs to help the younger stars rise up cause that is the era we are going to now. With all the young talent around it is easy to see that they need someone to help them to the top. Well back to the main subject. I think HHH is a great athlete and is very entertaining. He plays one of the best heels around. Hopefully soon enough many fans will notice that Triple H isnt as much of a joke as they have been thinking.

Champion of Europa 04-02-2004 06:07 PM

Triple H ruled before putting over Benjamin.

I liked less that he put over Benoit, but the good match excuses that.

Savio 04-02-2004 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nowhere Man
I gotta go with KK and Mr. JL on this one. Don't get me wrong; I'm glad that Benoit was finally given the World Title, and I'm glad Shelton got a win. But that doesn't excuse the fact that he's seriously hindered the careers of guys who could really have been big money names.

Like Kane

Rock Bottom 04-02-2004 06:16 PM

Eh, I don't appreciate him especially for doing two jobs, you know... Since wrestlers should do that... But I do think he's the sh</>it when it comes to being a heel. If only he were to continue not whoring the belt, I think I would cheer for him like I did a couple years ago.

BasicThuganomics 04-02-2004 06:51 PM

I was thinking about the guys whose careers HHH "ruined" and I know that HHH was an ASSHOLE for not jobbing to at least one of those guys, but still I think that HHH isn't only to blame.

Kane - Kane's character has been ****ed over so many times that its not funny. Shane McMahon ****ed over Kane more than HHH IMO. And UT has made Kane lose in just about every match they've had hasn't he?

Booker T - I'll give you this one, Booker should've won at WMXIX.

Chris Jericho - He's been jobbed to the midcard so many times that it's not funny either. When he finally did get the belt, they made him look like shit before he even got to HHH. He never had any credibility as a champ before, so I don't think that HHH ruined his career there. When he actually got to a fued with HHH, I think Steph ****ed that up more than HHH. After he lost to HHH, he lost a match to John Cena on a PPV (Cena wasn't ready for something like that at the time) and then got stuck in tag teams and a shit fued with Goldberg, and basically was never given chances by people other than HHH.

RVD - RVD wasn't a big money star before he got to a fued with HHH, and he hasn't done himself any favors by saying what he says in Radio interviews either. RVD was misused before he got into a fued with HHH. He was capable of being a huge star during the Invasion, and the WWE dropped the ball on him way before he went for HHH's belt. HHH isn't entirely to blame for him.

My point is that HHH didn't kill the careers of these guys all by himself, with the exception of Booker T perhaps.

faust34 04-02-2004 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rock Bottom
Eh, I don't appreciate him especially for doing two jobs, you know... Since wrestlers should do that... But I do think he's the sh</>it when it comes to being a heel. If only he were to continue not whoring the belt, I think I would cheer for him like I did a couple years ago.

:y:

KingofOldSchool 04-02-2004 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kane Knight
Jobbing two matches in recent history?

LET ME CALL CNN!

Seriously, he's doing what he SHOULD be doing. This is neither worthy of praise or appreciation.

So winning isn't what he should be doing?

Well I'll remember that once Benoit drops the strap and starts doing jobs left and right.

Cause I guess that is what he SHOULD be doing too.

ColdwaVer 04-02-2004 07:50 PM

I appreciate HHH's devotion to the business. I appreciate that he is probably one of the top three best showmen WWE has ever seen. I appreciate that when he wants to, he can outwork almost anyone else in wrestling today.

HOWEVER, that doesn't lessen the things I don't appreciate.

Kane Knight 04-02-2004 08:10 PM

Quote:

He'd need to do more than stop whoring the belt as far as I'm concerned. If he could go back to the worker he was in the past, it'd be different.

Rock Bottom 04-02-2004 08:14 PM

Quote:

He'd need to do more than stop whoring the belt as far as I'm concerned. If he could go back to the worker he was in the past, it'd be different.

Baby steps, KK.

BasicThuganomics 04-02-2004 09:05 PM

Quote:

I think he's starting to perform like he used to, maybe not as good as 4 years ago, but he's greatly inproved since 2003 IMO.

Mikey 04-02-2004 09:06 PM

Works hard, always at work, Always willing to do the JO....sorry almost kept a straight face :shifty:

Boss007 04-02-2004 10:33 PM

ok i am going to give you negative rep for this shit ass hole...

Rock Bottom 04-02-2004 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boss007
ok i am going to give you negative rep for this shit ass hole...

LoL, this is the second thread I've seen you babbling about negative reps, so I'll do you a favor. See those little red blocks under your name? It means your rep doesn't effect people. So do us a favor and shut the fuc</>k up.

MVP 04-02-2004 11:23 PM

I love how we hate Triple H so much when he's not jobbing, but when he finally does, all of a sudden everybody is in love with him.

Watson 04-02-2004 11:26 PM

Quote:

:y: :y:

Boss007 04-03-2004 12:19 AM

why ya all givin me bad repes

Nowhere Man 04-03-2004 12:26 AM

Because you're being a dick to someone for no readily apparent reason.

Kane Knight 04-03-2004 12:30 AM

Quote:

Baby steps, KK.

Well, yeah, but it'd be a long time before I appreciated him for much.

I wouldn't even mind most of his title reigns if I felt it was justified by his workproduct.

Take Brock. Brock had soem mic work problems, but I felt he was awesome in the ring. When it was announced how long he had had the title for, I was like, "Oh? Didn't notice."

Trips is boring. He's not a good worker anymore, and his mic skills, while marginally better than Brock (:lol: ), still suck pretty badly.

Kane Knight 04-03-2004 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boss007
why ya all givin me bad repes

****reps

HHHsucks929 04-03-2004 12:38 AM

It's just said that we have to hold an appreciation thread for someone once they do the job. This is what Triple H should've done a long time ago for guys like RVD, Booker T, Chris Jericho and Kane. It's great what he did for Benoit adn Shelton Benjamin but he's not worthy of any form of praise. I loved Triple H whether he was a face or a heel from 1997-2002, but once he was HANDED the World title (I'm not a mark, I just don't like how he didn't even have the decency to put on a match for us to win the damn thing), he turned into a monster.

CosaNostra 04-03-2004 01:28 AM

HHH can afford to job to guys like Benjamin (right now) because nothing was at stake when he lost to him.

yeah....waht a fuc</>king saint. :nono:

Rock Bottom 04-03-2004 01:38 AM

Official HHH Appreciati... 04-03-2004 12:20 AM Boss007 dud post ass craplin jack hole

rofl

Kane Knight 04-03-2004 01:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cosanostra1971
HHH can afford to job to guys like Benjamin (right now) because nothing was at stake when he lost to him.

yeah....waht a fuc</>king saint. :nono:

Not to mention he has movie scheduling.

But not killing talent is a pretty important thing, so I'm not gonna knock it...yet...

Goldbird 04-03-2004 08:39 AM

For ****'s sake, HHH can put up a good wrestling match when he puts his heart into it. However, for several ****ing years, he has hogged the limelight so much that i wanted so much to switch off the tv when his music hits the arena but i didnt do that cuz his theme music is very nice. :P

Do u guys still remember when HHH vs Nash for 3 straight PPVs? Nash didnt even win any1 of them. I guess now that he has FINALLY jobbed 2 times, hopefully, he can continue to pull the midcarders up, just like the rock.

Kane Knight 04-03-2004 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingofOldSchool

Well I'll remember that once Benoit drops the strap and starts doing jobs left and right.

Do you actually work hard to be that big a retard?

The Ravishing One 04-03-2004 03:00 PM

Great match on Raw and at Wrestlemania XX. I appreciate The Game

HHHsucks929 04-03-2004 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingofOldSchool

You missed the point.

When I say Triple H should be doing the job I mean he should be putting young talent over, not being an unstoppable force that can't be beaten. Almost all of Triple H's wins in 2003 up to September were against good young talent like Rob Van Dam, and he won in the worst ways possible, which in turn ended their pushes. Not to mention he beat Kane in the match that unmasked him and IMO ruined his gimmick forever. I'm not saying triple H should never win a match, I'm saying he should be putting people over, something Mick Foley and The Rock always do.

BasicThuganomics 04-03-2004 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MVP
I love how we hate Triple H so much when he's not jobbing, but when he finally does, all of a sudden everybody is in love with him.

Thats kind of a dumb thing to say, since most of this post is still bashing him. "Everyone" is not in love with him, in fact its obvious that a majority of the board still hates him probably.

Fox 04-03-2004 07:54 PM

I'll appreciate it when HHH dies, or cheats on Stephanie and Vince demotes him to curtain calling on Sunday Night Heat and house shows.

Goldbird 04-03-2004 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Sunday Night
I'll appreciate it when HHH dies, or cheats on Stephanie and Vince demotes him to curtain calling on Sunday Night Heat and house shows.

I want him to have an affair with either jacqueline or jazz...

then... u guess the end :D