TPWW Forums

TPWW Forums (https://www.tpwwforums.com/index.php)
-   wrestling forum (https://www.tpwwforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   A question (https://www.tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?t=91156)

AJHayes 06-12-2009 08:48 AM

A question

I'm working on on some finishers, and I would like to see what you guys think. My style is technical (strong style and british wrestling influenced), I'm 6'3 and about 225 lbs.I want to use my martial arts in my style (Judo, Muay Thai, Tae Kwon Do)

I'm considering using a german suplex pin, a shining wizard or yakuza kick or a roundhouse kick, and I don't know what kind of submission as a finish.

Do you guys have any suggestions?

Executioner 06-12-2009 09:09 AM

Maybe an STO into an Anaconda Vice?

DaveBrawl 06-12-2009 09:33 AM

Yeah Anaconda Vice would be a good way to go, you could transition into it many ways with the various judo tosses.

redoneja 06-12-2009 09:38 AM

For a submission set-up, I'd use an O-goshi (full hip throw) from your judo background but instead of hooking around the opponent's waist as you would in judo (in order to grab the belt in the throw), I would put your arm around his head and tuck it under his armpit. Then, when you do the throw, you go down with your opponent and you can flow right into a head and arm choke due to the positioning of your arms. It's something I've done in no-gi training and I think it would translate well into pro wrestling.

If you're trying to incorporate martial arts techniques, especially submissions, into pro wrestling, I think you need to avoid joint locks that typically end in quick tap outs, like a jujigatame. Instead, focus on incorporating various chokes and necklocks that you can use to "work" the crowd and your opponent with. I just think it's getting harder and harder for wrestling fans to believe that a guy can take the pain of a juji, not tap out, and slowly make his way to the ropes, when it is exceedingly clear, thanks to MMA, how fast someone will tap out to a jujigatame.

kareru 06-12-2009 11:09 AM

how about a crossface chickenwing into a ura nage suplex

What Would Kevin Do? 06-12-2009 11:25 AM

You know, a Yakuza kick to the back of someone's head when there near the ropes, and then a german suplex when they stagger back would be a cool combo...

Innovator 06-12-2009 12:04 PM

Arm in choke from side mount, kinda looks like the Anaconda Vice but their arm is across their body, then they can flail it around, good visual

AJHayes 06-12-2009 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by What Would Kevin Do? (Post 2578800)
You know, a Yakuza kick to the back of someone's head when there near the ropes, and then a german suplex when they stagger back would be a cool combo...

Thats kind of what I was thinking. Or, A Yakuza kick when they are seated followed by a wheelbarrow or dead lift german

AJHayes 06-12-2009 12:55 PM

I'm open to suggestions for all aspects of my move set

kareru 06-12-2009 02:39 PM

maybe you should look at old bushido tapes, they were more martial arts based then wrestling

Executioner 06-12-2009 03:00 PM

This could be good for a counter into a finish...Duck an opponents clothesline, go behind into a Katahajime...but instead of hooking a body triangle with the choke, ground them to their knees after a small struggle, and sit on the back, as done in a Camel Clutch with the Katahajime still hooked.

St. Jimmy 06-12-2009 08:17 PM

Turn a russian leg sweep into a modified rear naked choke.

Kalyx triaD 06-12-2009 08:24 PM

Do a gut kick then send a downward right hook to their head while they're bent over. Have your guy sell it like a flash KO. After a while it'll be the hottest finisher in the business.

DrA 06-12-2009 08:49 PM

Belfastbomber