TPWW Forums

TPWW Forums (https://www.tpwwforums.com/index.php)
-   wrestling forum (https://www.tpwwforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   "100,001" Replies (https://www.tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?t=99933)

#1-norm-fan 11-07-2013 10:35 PM

I'm sad we never got him in his U.S.A. Guy gimmick.

Lock Jaw 11-07-2013 10:36 PM

I really like Bad Influence's theme music for whatever reason

scatterbrain28 11-07-2013 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Poit (Post 4331539)
:heart: the Final Cut.

He should do it and have an opponent land on a chair. It would be fucking sick.

Emperor Smeat 11-07-2013 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by #1-wwf-fan (Post 4331721)

Would have been a great fit on the Real Americans or even as their main adversary.

#1-norm-fan 11-07-2013 10:41 PM

He would have been a perfect guy to feud with Zeb. Zeb thinks America is going down the toilet, Bateman thinks America will always be awesome as long as there are still tons of hot chicks.

Lock Jaw 11-07-2013 10:52 PM

Last time I watched TNA, Chris Sabin was a face and cashed in the X-Division title to become the World Champion.

Now he is seemingly a heel and back to being X-Division champ.

Also, Jeff Hardy really looks like an oompa loompa.

parkmania 11-07-2013 11:10 PM

http://www.wwe.com/inside/superstar-makeovers-photos

WWE.com talking about talent getting a makeover to help with a change in their gimmick and overness.

They highlight many superstars including: Sting, Steve Austin, Hulk Hogan, Rosa Mendez :(, CM Punk, Aksana :nono:, HHH, and AJ Lee :rant:.

Because all these folks underwent startling and dramatic changes in their appearance.

Juan 11-07-2013 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by parkmania (Post 4331743)
http://www.wwe.com/inside/superstar-makeovers-photos

WWE.com talking about talent getting a makeover to help with a change in their gimmick and overness.

They highlight many superstars including: Sting, Steve Austin, Hulk Hogan, Rosa Mendez :(, CM Punk, Aksana :nono:, HHH, and AJ Lee :rant:.

Because all these folks underwent startling and dramatic changes in their appearance.

lol @ the John Cena one. It's just one pic of him without a t-shirt and one with a t-shirt

Bad News Gertner 11-08-2013 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seth82 (Post 4331653)
really great shoot here from Shane Douglas & Francine

this is likely from around 1997-1998

never heard him talk much about his time in UWF til this shoot.

<iframe frameborder="0" width="480" height="270" src="http://www.dailymotion.com/embed/video/x13xquc"></iframe>
Shane Douglas and Francine Shoot Interview Part 1 by okaroscik

<iframe frameborder="0" width="480" height="270" src="http://www.dailymotion.com/embed/video/x13xqux"></iframe>
Shane Douglas and Francine Shoot Interview Part 2 by okaroscik

I don't know what it is about Shane Douglas, but I can't stand listening to him speak. 99% he is full of shit.

#1-norm-fan 11-08-2013 12:33 AM

Mark Henry looks more badass bald.

Tony Revolution 11-08-2013 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by #1-wwf-fan (Post 4331730)
He would have been a perfect guy to feud with Zeb. Zeb thinks America is going down the toilet, Bateman thinks America will always be awesome as long as there are still tons of hot chicks.

Chicks and America!! Dude was the shit, needs his zubaz and fanny pack back.

Seth82 11-08-2013 12:49 AM

For Gertner:

this would be a fine video to study on St. Louis for when we get to that territory on the podcast

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/IRwQ4c3fxok?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Bad News Gertner 11-08-2013 01:00 AM

Yeah I watched that video on Dailymotion. St.Louis Wrestling Club was a fantastic territory.

GD 11-08-2013 01:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cool King (Post 4331571)
<iframe src="//player.vimeo.com/video/78482976" width="500" height="283" frameborder="0" webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen allowfullscreen></iframe> <p><a href="http://vimeo.com/78482976"></a></p>

That video made me happy.

whiteyford 11-08-2013 03:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gertner (Post 4331789)
I don't know what it is about Shane Douglas, but I can't stand listening to him speak. 99% he is full of shit.

Love Shane Douglas, no idea why.

Rammsteinmad 11-08-2013 05:48 AM

Every single Shane Douglas "shoot" is pretty much the same. He's about as repetitive as Jim Cornette.

Rammsteinmad 11-08-2013 05:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cool King (Post 4331571)
<iframe src="//player.vimeo.com/video/78482976" width="500" height="283" frameborder="0" webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen allowfullscreen></iframe> <p><a href="http://vimeo.com/78482976"></a></p>

"I'm not the Jannetty". :lol:

But I imagine from JoMo's POV it's :-\

Bad News Gertner 11-08-2013 06:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rammsteinmad (Post 4331844)
Every single Shane Douglas "shoot" is pretty much the same. He's about as repetitive as Jim Cornette.

Cornette is at least entertaining and doesn't lie constantly. I don't agree with some of Cornette's views, but at least he's truthful about things.

Shisen Kopf 11-08-2013 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seth82 (Post 4331798)
For Gertner:

this would be a fine video to study on St. Louis for when we get to that territory on the podcast

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/IRwQ4c3fxok?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

RIP RIP

The Rogerer 11-08-2013 08:02 AM

Rip
Buzz
Dog
Zing Zong

Vastardikai 11-08-2013 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cageside Seats
Rumors out of WWE creative indicate that they've been told to come up with ideas on a way to "fast track" Roman Reigns to the top of the promotion as a babyface. It is believed that he will be positioned for a massive push throughout 2014 and that those in power backstage believe he has the potential to become one of the company's next "face of the franchise" type wrestlers. They like his size and look, and some comparisons have been made between he and his distant cousin, the Rock. The company is also said to see bright futures for Reign's Shield stablemates, Dean Ambrose and Seth Rollins, but they are behind Reigns when it comes to getting a push. This also doesn't necessarily mean the Shield will be completely broken up, as it is believed that Ambrose and Rollins could remain together as a duo or have a third member join them, likely someone called up from NXT.

Newzy NEWZ, but I can easily see this going down, and working.

Savio 11-08-2013 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cool King (Post 4331384)

Slater wins!

Savio 11-08-2013 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by #1-wwf-fan (Post 4331721)

He used the gimmick on saturday morning slam once.

<table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr><td>http://www.profightdb.com/img/flags/us.gif WWE Saturday Morning Slam Taping #10
Oct 2nd 2012</td><td width="22%">Antonio Cesaro</td><td width="9%">def. (pin)</td><td width="22%">Derrick Bateman</td></tr></tbody></table>

XL 11-08-2013 12:43 PM

If Reigns leaves The Shield they should bring up Leo Kruger to replace him.

Emperor Smeat 11-08-2013 02:48 PM

http://i.minus.com/imFwGZqDfuYKT.gif

Emperor Smeat 11-08-2013 03:35 PM

Some recent stuff from the dirtsheets:

Quote:

Originally Posted by PWInsider
Big Show is main eventing WWE's Survivor Series pay-per-view with Randy Orton because there's a renewed effort within WWE to put larger or bigger wrestlers in the spotlight. This is the reason for Show being pushed and why we've seen more of Luke Harper and The Great Khali lately.

There's a feeling that Daniel Bryan was on top for a few months and WWE's pay-per-view buyrates have been down during that period. The feeling among upper management is that Bryan isn't a larger than life wrestler and that's what fans want. They feel a guy like Bryan should be on the mid-card having great matches.

Supposedly also plays a role in recent talks about Triple H no longer wanting to hire smaller guys and only bigger guys to help beef up the big guy/monster ranks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by F4WOnline
As noted earlier today, there were releases at WWE headquarters in Stamford on Friday with Pete Leone, Triple H's main assistant being let go, among others. F4Wonline.com adds that another key confidante of Triple H's was also let go.

Jane Geddes has been moved from being Head of Talent Relations to working in Triple H's Stamford office running things. There is also a new Head of Talent Relations but we don't know the name yet. There's said to be a lot more going on at WWE headquarters as well.

Quote:

According to PWInsider.com, Triple H was furious at the end of Raw this week, and was said to have "blown a gasket" during the main event segment of the show.

It took place when the show went to commercial just after The Shield came out, and during the break HHH was seen by fans in attendance dropping the "F bomb" and arguing with someone on the headset at the announce table.

Reportedly, the segment was going long, so someone in the back, likely either Kevin Dunn or Vince McMahon, sent The Shield out so the show could cut to commercial break, and this upset Triple H because the trio came out before Big Show could be told that he was indeed going to get a WWE Title shot at Survivor Series. The entire main event segment is the reason why Raw went about 5 to 6 minutes long on Monday night.

Triple H was said to be furious when The Shield's music began to play as it cut the segment off too early, and as you can see in the video below, it left the talent in the ring not knowing what to do or how to proceed.
Looks like this might have been what caused the supposed "heat" on Triple H recently and not solely the ratings itself even though the Big Show/Authority stuff during the show did draw low ratings.

XL 11-08-2013 05:02 PM

It might have drawn low ratings because we saw the exact same thing (guy not liked by HHH gets beat down by The Shield/Orton) for the last 3 months.

But, if it continues to draw badly, at least it'll disprove the we need "larger than life" guys theory.

Volare 11-08-2013 05:08 PM

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Yx1mWjZSRkU?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#1-norm-fan 11-08-2013 05:28 PM

I'd like to see a monster like Big Show getting beaten down actually be a big deal because it's rare.

It made sense to some extent with Bryan because he was the scrappy underdog who would keep coming back for more no matter what. But WWE has this issue now where all the heels are booked like all the other heels and all the faces are booked like all the other faces. I get the idea that faces need to garner sympathy once in a while but Show's a giant who can get the fans behind him because he's the guy who's gonna tear the heels in half if he gets his hands on him. Not because they feel bad at how he's getting destroyed.

Cool King 11-08-2013 06:00 PM

Reading that made me think that we might see Big Show vs Kane sometime soon on Raw or SmackDown. (Most probably Raw though)

And if we do, I can't wait to see what Kane's wrestling attire will be. I don't think it'll be his usual due to his gimmick change. I just keep thinking it'll be the classic trunks, elbow pads, knee pads and boots.

parkmania 11-08-2013 06:23 PM

I can see Kane wrestling in dress clothes like Mr. Hughes.

parkmania 11-08-2013 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WWE's facebook
TONIGHT on WWE Friday Night SmackDown: Daniel Bryan goes one-on-one with Luke Harper. Will The Beard get retribution for The Wyatt Family's attack on Raw? WWE.com explores five reasons you need to tune in tonight at 8/7 CT on Syfy!

"Beard power... negated! Need... new... strategy!"

GD 11-08-2013 08:31 PM

Kane needs to grow his hair out to look more menacing. Have a corporate ponytail or something.

Vastardikai 11-08-2013 09:45 PM

You mean the four ppvs that featured 3 of which where the main storyline was Triple H vs. Big Show (also featuring Randy Orton and Daniel Bryan)?

Where the Main Event build up to Summerslam was Triple H vs. Vince McMahon (also featuring Daniel Bryan and John Cena)?

You know, It's almost as if someone saw this coming...

Lock Jaw 11-08-2013 09:53 PM

Kane needs to add a pair of nerd glasses

http://dailywrestlingnews.com/wp-con...e-Unmasked.jpg

Lock Jaw 11-08-2013 09:54 PM

In addition to getting that hair back. Too bad he had to shave it for See No Evil 2, hasn't had the time to grow out as much.

Lock Jaw 11-08-2013 09:56 PM

Dudes, we have passed the halfway point of this thread.

Seth82 11-08-2013 10:23 PM

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/OjgwAfi9eIo?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

VSG 11-08-2013 10:27 PM

Fucking Saviour gets the 50kth reply :foc:

SlickyTrickyDamon 11-08-2013 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Poit (Post 4331578)
I remember Goldust using the Final Cut while in WWE ECW.

First remember him doing it during NXT with Aksana.