TPWW Forums

TPWW Forums (https://www.tpwwforums.com/index.php)
-   wrestling forum (https://www.tpwwforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Things in Wrestling you thought could be real? (https://www.tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?t=37357)

dalegendkilla 10-20-2005 05:05 PM

Things in Wrestling you thought could be real?

What stuff has happened in wrestling that you thought 'Oh my god! Is this real?' Lots of things have happened.

One for me is the street fight between Edge and Hardy, when Edge was crying, apart of me thought that could've been real. Edge deserves an oscar for that performance.

Have you guys got anything you thought was real?

Kane Knight 10-20-2005 05:19 PM

When the NAO drove the dumpsters right off the stage. For about 10 minutes, I thought something had gone wrong.

Shadow 10-20-2005 05:23 PM

The ring collasp between Big Show and Lesner. It sure as hell looked real to me then. Now...pretty damn obvious the ring was rigged.

Xero 10-20-2005 05:23 PM

I think it was about a year or so ago when Chris Benoit was in a match on RAW and he had a glazed look on his face. It almost looked like he had a concussion and I thought something was wrong.

When Test went for a Big Boot on I think Steiner and made it look like he had torn something in his leg.

Also, when Stacy was hit with the chair. That looked horribly botched and Jericho looked VERY concerned.

Nark Order 10-20-2005 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kane Knight
When the NAO drove the dumpsters right off the stage. For about 10 minutes, I thought something had gone wrong.

Was gonna say the same thing. You bastard.

Destor 10-20-2005 05:49 PM

Anything from Pre-Hogan ('84 run) I thought was real. Hogan made me relize how fake wrestling was. :( I guess I should thank him as I am no longer a mark because of him. Post knowing that it is stagged I would have to the seceond HiaC. I never thought Foley would walk again let alone wrestle. He proved me wrong before the match was over.

Dave Youell 10-20-2005 05:55 PM

The one things back in my super mark days involved Yokozuna, when yoko beat Duggan and we was bleeding from the mouth I thought he was going to die.

And when Ludwig Borga beat Tatanka and then Yoko squashed him, the look on Lex's face made me think Tatanka was really really hurt

JH 10-20-2005 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Youell
The one things back in my super mark days involved Yokozuna, when yoko beat Duggan and we was bleeding from the mouth I thought he was going to die.

that was one i thinking about

ric flairs heart attack on nitro is a damn good example

Destor 10-20-2005 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoadWarriorsLOD
that was one i thinking about

ric flairs heart attack on nitro is a damn good example

Yeah, the Ric Flair heart attach was great (as far as his sell) but the announcers killed and robbed all credibility from it. Tony Schivoni cant act to save his life.

Cool King 10-20-2005 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xero Limit 126
When Test went for a Big Boot on I think Steiner and made it look like he had torn something in his leg.

Also, when Stacy was hit with the chair. That looked horribly botched and Jericho looked VERY concerned.

Innovator 10-20-2005 07:42 PM

Quote:

And when Ludwig Borga beat Tatanka and then Yoko squashed him, the look on Lex's face made me think Tatanka was really really hurt

When Tatanka got his first loss, a little bit of me died inside

Kris P Lettus 10-20-2005 09:02 PM

Lita's boobs..

:wavesad:

Kane Knight 10-20-2005 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xero Limit 126
I think it was about a year or so ago when Chris Benoit was in a match on RAW and he had a glazed look on his face. It almost looked like he had a concussion and I thought something was wrong.

And then they did it the week after and it looked so cheesy.

Hired Hitman 10-20-2005 09:36 PM

Yeah, when Jericho "Hit" Stacy with a chair.. that shit looked really close.

redoneja 10-20-2005 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kris P Lettus
Lita's boobs..

:wavesad:

:lol: :rofl: :drool: :yes: :shifty:

Favre4Ever 10-20-2005 09:42 PM

When Goldberg was in the WWE, Triple H gave him the most obscene chair shot I had ever seen. He just slammed it down on Goldbergs head and it sounded like a shotgun had gone off, and Goldberg just kind of fell over. I was a bit concerned.

Jaton 10-20-2005 09:55 PM

Goldberg hitting his head on the ring post. :shifty:

JH 10-20-2005 11:13 PM

randy ortons concussion from earlier this year
he made it look so damn believeable

Dellaspro 10-20-2005 11:23 PM

HBK's "Lost My Smile" speech

I almost cried :( :( :(

James Steele 10-20-2005 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoadWarriorsLOD
randy ortons concussion from earlier this year
he made it look so damn believeable

No, he always looks lost and confused when cutting a promo or wrestling a match.

Kane Knight 10-20-2005 11:29 PM

Goldust getting electrocuted. I know a guy who got tourettes from being zapped.

FourFifty 10-20-2005 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaton
Goldberg hitting his head on the ring post. :shifty:

:lol:

Jake Robert's "poisonous" snake biting Randy Savage… Then again, back then I thought wrestling WAS real.

When the nWo had a mannequin of Sting fall from the rafters.

When Linda kicked JR in the crotch :shifty:

chicken 10-21-2005 01:06 AM

when sid jumped off the corner to kick scott steiner.

FourFifty 10-21-2005 01:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chicken

You really need to move to Nebraska...:n:

Funky Fly 10-21-2005 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chicken

That was real.

DaveWadding 10-21-2005 01:29 AM

Quote:

That was the time Yoko banzai'd Duggan like 5 times and then covered him in the American flag?

Yeah. That.

Skippord 10-21-2005 01:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JamesSteele
No, he always looks lost and confused when cutting a promo or wrestling a match.

:)

hb2k 10-21-2005 08:31 AM

"Jake Robert's "poisonous" snake biting Randy Savage… Then again, back then I thought wrestling WAS real."

I thought for years that it wasn't meant to happen, as they rushed him back so much faster...so fast, that the stretcher tipped over with Savage on it, which was pretty damn hilarious.

The Gooch 10-21-2005 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FourFifty
:lol:

Jake Robert's "poisonous" snake biting Randy Savage… Then again, back then I thought wrestling WAS real.

The first thought that entered my head.

There was also an incident with Chyna when she did some back flip thingy into Molly I believe and then acted like she fucked up her neck. King rushed to the ring which freaked me out. When I realized it was fake it really pissed me off.

JH 10-21-2005 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JamesSteele

ok i'll give you that one

FearTheSpear 10-21-2005 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hired Hitman
Yeah, when Jericho "Hit" Stacy with a chair.. that shit looked really close.

Is this when H had her prepped for a Pedigree? Or am I thinking of someone else?

hb2k 10-21-2005 10:38 AM

Wow, look at all the Orton-haters. A bandwagon of it's own.

Anyway, that Chyna thing was the most phony looking "injury" angle I've ever seen. She really sucked.

Kane Knight 10-21-2005 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hb2k
Wow, look at all the Orton-haters. A bandwagon of it's own.

Well, with the way certain peopple jerked off over him, it's no surprise there's a "BAcklash bandwagon."

The Gooch 10-21-2005 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hb2k
Anyway, that Chyna thing was the most phony looking "injury" angle I've ever seen. She really sucked.

I think that is why I thought it was real if that makes any sense whatsoever.

Xero 10-21-2005 11:29 AM

When The Undertaker and Kane crushed Vince's leg with the stairs. At the time, it looked as though his leg was bent the wrong way. I've recently gone back to it and it doesn't look as bad as I thought, but I really did think that they shattered his ankle.

The Fox 10-21-2005 10:53 PM

Anytime some won fell from the top of Hell in a Cell on a annouce table ,on the floor or in truck like Rickisi. Even though wrestling is fake, it's gotta hurt in those cases.:|

Nervous Ferret 10-21-2005 11:22 PM

LOTF

FourFifty 10-22-2005 01:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nervous Ferret
LOTF

Lord of the Flies?

hb2k 10-22-2005 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kane Knight
Well, with the way certain peopple jerked off over him, it's no surprise there's a "BAcklash bandwagon."

He was having some great matches over the Summer of 2004, and everyone started blaming him for his failed push, when it was blatantly the crap booking.

Loose Cannon 10-22-2005 06:26 PM

some that haven't been mentioned already

-Thought Janetty was never coming back after getting thrown through a window

-When Owen kicked HBK in the head and he just dropped a little later on. Paramedics came in and everything. Similar to the Outlaws thing. Excellent stuff

-Shango making Warrior vomit scared the crap out of me.

-Earhtquake "killing" Damien really just shocked the shit out of me. Your 8 years old and just sitting there watching as a guy kills an animal on live TV. WTF?

-Taker locking Warrior in the cakset. Thought Warrior wss done for good