TPWW Forums

TPWW Forums (https://www.tpwwforums.com/index.php)
-   wrestling forum (https://www.tpwwforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Raw Thread for 07/30/12 - CM Punk: Hopefully It Wont Take The Whole 3 Hours To Convince You All That I'm Heel (https://www.tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?t=120327)

MisterLee 07-30-2012 02:02 PM

Raw Thread for 07/30/12 - CM Punk: Hopefully It Wont Take The Whole 3 Hours To Convince You All That I'm Heel

http://www.ringsidenews.com/file/att...57d830db1e.jpg

LET THE 3 HOUR EXTRAVAGANZA OF TWITTER FEEDS, REPLAYS, AND 1 MINUTE MATCHES BEGIN!

ooTin 07-30-2012 02:18 PM

is there a question in there that i missed?
or are we just supposed to talk aboot what ever?

Big Vic 07-30-2012 03:37 PM

He was cheered at a house show this past week.

Corporate CockSnogger 07-30-2012 03:41 PM

He'll most definitely get cheered right up until he says something to insult the crowd or something. That is if they're going full heel with him and not doing a slow turn.

Cuse8 07-30-2012 03:42 PM

where is raw tonight? make fun of a local sports team and whamo..heel

Brigstocke 07-30-2012 03:44 PM

He's at a point where half the crowd will cheer him whatever he does. It will take work to get a full on heel reaction now.

Unless by some coincidink Raw is in Miami tonight.

Big Vic 07-30-2012 04:14 PM

YOU NEVER GO FULL HEEL

Cool King 07-30-2012 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iginfest (Post 3935126)
He'll most definitely get cheered right up until he says something to insult the crowd or something. That is if they're going full heel with him and not doing a slow turn.

Well, he could open the show tonight, right after a vignette has played recapping what he did last week and then the Raw intro.

Then he'll most probably get boos as his "bad actions" will be fresh in the minds of the crowd.

MisterLee 07-30-2012 04:28 PM

Got a text...

Quote:

BREAKING NEWS: WWE Champion CM Punk speaks at 8/7 CT on Raw tonight. Will he address his actions from last week @ Raw 1000?
DUN DUN DUN! LOL. Yeah I think it's going to be nearly impossible for CM Punk to go full heel the way he is now. On top of that, as much as people love The Rock, there were quite a few BOOs on his return last week.

Volare 07-30-2012 05:08 PM

He could always re-dig up the shit he said about Rock a year ago on his way to MITB.

Supreme Olajuwon 07-30-2012 05:10 PM

I predict this will be the most exciting Raw of all time!

Volare 07-30-2012 05:13 PM

In The History Of Our Sport!

Supreme Olajuwon 07-30-2012 05:18 PM

YEEEEEEEEEEE HAW

Keith 07-30-2012 05:26 PM

I'm feeling a lot of people will be disappointed when RAW ends and they find out that CM Punk isn't making a full-fledged heel turn.

Rammsteinmad 07-30-2012 05:44 PM

I've got a good feeling, and definitely hope that this won't be a full-on heel turn, but will be similar to Punk's pipebomb and comments about "Duane" last year. Eve planted the seeds a few weeks back when she mentioned how Punk has been champ for about eight months, yet is still being overshadowed by the likes of Cena and the Rock etc, and this is basically Punk saying "enough is enough".

It doesn't even need to be a full-on heel turn. Punk is hugely over right now, and has never held back any of his beef against the Rock, including that comment back in 2009 or whenever when he mentioned "Crappy Disney movies like the Tooth Fairy". Punk has pulled twice his weight over the last year, just for some movie star to come in and take the main event spotlight. And the great thing about Punk's character and gimmick is that he's an honest, 'take-no-prisoners' guy, so if he has to go after the main event faces to take the spotlight that he feels is his, it really works with his character whether he's a face or a heel.

Either way, unless they go the Guerrero/Jericho/Silence/Troll route... I'm predicting an awesome promo on Raw tonight. :y:

Corporate CockSnogger 07-30-2012 05:47 PM

He should start calling people Slapnuts and hitting them with guitars.

whiteyford 07-30-2012 05:49 PM

You've moved on from Billy Gunn already?

Supreme Olajuwon 07-30-2012 05:49 PM

I personally do not give a "mother fucking shit" if Punk is "full heel" "half heel" "quarter heel" or "not heel at all" and think the people making a big deal out of it are "stupid fucking twats"

Rammsteinmad 07-30-2012 05:51 PM

If, by that comment, you mean that Punk is fucking awesome no matter what he does, then I fully agree. :y:

Supreme Olajuwon 07-30-2012 05:51 PM

I did!

Supreme Olajuwon 07-30-2012 05:51 PM

you understand me!

#1-norm-fan 07-30-2012 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iginfest (Post 3935126)

I really want him to go "justified" with his actions and not do some stereotypical "I hate the fans now because I'm a heel." I'm hoping for something along the lines of the shoot promo last year where he's just being honest and not doing "wrestling heel" stuff. Basically not changing his gimmick at all but it so happens he's targeting a beloved face and his reasons are valid. No cheating to win or anything. Here's how I'm hoping his promo goes...

"Cena. I'll repeat this again. I don't hate you. I actually do like you alot more than most of the guys. But over the past year, everything I said last June has just been proven right. It's the same old song and dance. I bust my ass, I win the WWE championship and fight my way through the longest reign this company has seen in years, I prove night in night out that I'm the best in the world... all while the spotlight stays planted firmly on you. While the company looks right past me... to their golden child. So forgive me if I wasn't quite in the mood last week to be save the day while The Big Show was pummeling you so that the headline could read 'Golden boy John Cena heroically fends off attack'. This company wanted you in the spotlight. So I let you be in the spotlight. For better or worse. I walked away.

But then something happened. I heard that music. I saw The Rock come out. The one man with the ego and the unwarranted adoration from this company enough to rob that spotlight. You're a grown man, John Cena, you can fight The Big Show one on one, do you think Dwayne gave a damn about saving you? No. Dwayne saw a moment to steal the spotlight again like the egomaniacal bastard he is and came out after another long vacation only to be the center of attention and leave again until it comes time to hype his Royal Rumble main event. Oh and trust me, now that Dwayne's involved, this title will get the main event spot.

So I decided I'd rob Dwayne of his moment. For once, me, the longest reigning WWE Champion in 7 years was actually getting the chance to shine. You can call me a good guy, call me a bad guy. I don't care. Because the bottom line is, I did it for everybody who's had to sit and watch a guy like The Rock get all of this undeserved credit and get title matches handed to him on a silver platter while he's off in Hollywood not giving a second thought to this damn business. I did what I did... for professional wrestling."

Rammsteinmad 07-30-2012 06:15 PM

I like. :y:

And it basically echoes what I said. Punk has the right tools to make this work, justifying what he did without being a generic heel.

Savio 07-30-2012 06:16 PM

Supreme is not presenting this though? :nono:

Cuse8 07-30-2012 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rammsteinmad (Post 3935212)
I've got a good feeling, and definitely hope that this won't be a full-on heel turn, but will be similar to Punk's pipebomb and comments about "Duane" last year. Eve planted the seeds a few weeks back when she mentioned how Punk has been champ for about eight months, yet is still being overshadowed by the likes of Cena and the Rock etc, and this is basically Punk saying "enough is enough".

It doesn't even need to be a full-on heel turn. Punk is hugely over right now, and has never held back any of his beef against the Rock, including that comment back in 2009 or whenever when he mentioned "Crappy Disney movies like the Tooth Fairy". Punk has pulled twice his weight over the last year, just for some movie star to come in and take the main event spotlight. And the great thing about Punk's character and gimmick is that he's an honest, 'take-no-prisoners' guy, so if he has to go after the main event faces to take the spotlight that he feels is his, it really works with his character whether he's a face or a heel.

Either way, unless they go the Guerrero/Jericho/Silence/Troll route... I'm predicting an awesome promo on Raw tonight. :y:

dead on man..couldnt agree more

Supreme Olajuwon 07-30-2012 07:36 PM

I wonder if Heath Slater will be featured in some capacity tonight or if they're done with him for now.

Supreme Olajuwon 07-30-2012 07:36 PM

Dude deserves a nice little US Title run IMO

and it's like they're doing anything else with the belt

Keith 07-30-2012 07:37 PM

This is perfect. I'm anxious to see what happens next with CM Punk, and RAW starts an hour early.

Gimme a hell yeah!

Heisenberg 07-30-2012 07:43 PM

I'm gonna let Punk do his thing, I'm more worried about having the same Nickelback bullshit for the theme, I'm hoping it's changed.

Immortal Moose 07-30-2012 07:47 PM

lol they just showed the fire on USA.

Cool King 07-30-2012 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WWE.COM

Raw set catches fire, show will go on at 8/7 CT

CINCINNATI - A fire at the U.S. Bank Arena has broken out at Monday Night Raw after the set caught fire during preparations for tonight's show. No Superstars or WWE executives were hurt in the incident and the show will go on at 8/7 CT

http://www.wwe.com/shows/raw/2012-07...raw-start-time

Blakeamus 07-30-2012 07:57 PM

Already starting to be a GREAT RAW!

Lock Jaw 07-30-2012 07:58 PM

I bet they'll reveal that CM Punk was behind the fire. Trying anything to get people to boo.

parkmania 07-30-2012 08:05 PM

Yeah, was about to say that I bet they didn't open with Punk in the ring. Give the fans a chance to file in after the fire so they get to see the pipe bomb.

GD 07-30-2012 08:06 PM

Punk is here biches!

Cool King 07-30-2012 08:06 PM

Well, I was kinda close. I guess.

PorkSoda 07-30-2012 08:07 PM

Can anyone give me a stream? Somewhere? Anywhere?

Droford 07-30-2012 08:07 PM

nwo wolfpack and bwo shirts behind he announcers lol

Immortal Moose 07-30-2012 08:07 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Shame we didn't have <a href="https://twitter.com/cmpunk"><s>@</s><b>cmpunk</b></a> come out to "This Fire Burns" <a href="https://twitter.com/search/%23RAWTonight"><s>#</s><b>RAWTonight</b></a></p>&mdash; WWE Creative Humor (@WWECreative_ish) <a href="https://twitter.com/WWECreative_ish/status/230091890471624704" data-datetime="2012-07-31T00:05:56+00:00">July 31, 2012</a></blockquote>
<script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Cool King 07-30-2012 08:07 PM

Damn, I forgot AJ was the new GM. :(