TPWW Forums

TPWW Forums (https://www.tpwwforums.com/index.php)
-   video games forum (https://www.tpwwforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Fez is pretty damn neat (https://www.tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?t=118650)

BigDaddyCool 04-23-2012 08:20 PM

Fez is pretty damn neat

Fez is pretty damn neat. Discuss.

Kane Knight 04-23-2012 11:34 PM

Downloaded the demo. Should try it.

BigDaddyCool 04-24-2012 07:01 AM

But it leads me to the same question, why are Indy platform ers so artsy-fartsy?

Ultra Mantis 04-24-2012 08:18 AM

Because indie video games are art, obviously...

Drakul 04-24-2012 08:58 AM

I tried the demo and thought it was a bit rubbish. It's slow, dull and boring.
It only has 2 things to bleat about. It's 8-bit graphics which have been done so much it's not even worth boasting about and the "2D world that is actually kinda 3D" which was done in the 90's by Tombi/Tomba and I'm sure many games have done it before then as well.

I love a puzzle game and I love a platform game but Fez is just rubbish.

Maybe they expected people to like it just because it's "indy".

Kane Knight 04-24-2012 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigDaddyCool (Post 3836795)
But it leads me to the same question, why are Indy platform ers so artsy-fartsy?

Super Meat Boy is artsy fartsy?

Also, aren't you the douche who actually paid for Braid?

BigDaddyCool 04-24-2012 09:29 PM

yes, quiet. I never paid for Super Meat Boy.

Kane Knight 04-24-2012 10:54 PM

Super Meat Boy is not artistic.

Boomer 04-25-2012 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drakul (Post 3836810)
I tried the demo and thought it was a bit rubbish. It's slow, dull and boring.
It only has 2 things to bleat about. It's 8-bit graphics which have been done so much it's not even worth boasting about and the "2D world that is actually kinda 3D" which was done in the 90's by Tombi/Tomba and I'm sure many games have done it before then as well.

I love a puzzle game and I love a platform game but Fez is just rubbish.

Maybe they expected people to like it just because it's "indy".

You are basically missing out on the whole kick of the game then. The platforming and spinning is secondary to the crazy cryptic shit Phil Fish put in the game. The demo wouldn't have any of that, I would imagine.

Extreme Angle 04-25-2012 03:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigDaddyCool (Post 3836795)

Cheaper and less work ;)

Drakul 04-25-2012 04:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boomer (Post 3837496)
You are basically missing out on the whole kick of the game then. The platforming and spinning is secondary to the crazy cryptic shit Phil Fish put in the game. The demo wouldn't have any of that, I would imagine.

If the demo doesn't have the main "thing" the game is all about, why even bother putting out a demo?

My other post probably seemed a bit harsh and stuff. I was in a sucky mood and had hurt my back.

Boomer 04-25-2012 07:23 AM

There is no way they could put it in the demo. It's hard to explain, but the game isn't what it seems on the outside. The platforming is just a means to get around, and is never difficult.

It's a game where you need pen and paper to complete everything, though I would have never figured it all out without the Internet Hivemind.

Kane Knight 04-25-2012 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Extreme Angle (Post 3837554)
Cheaper and less work ;)

again, Braid.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drakul (Post 3837569)
If the demo doesn't have the main "thing" the game is all about, why even bother putting out a demo?

:y: