TPWW Forums

TPWW Forums (https://www.tpwwforums.com/index.php)
-   wrestling forum (https://www.tpwwforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Fuck off, Chris Jericho. (https://www.tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?t=130952)

Anybody Thrilla 01-21-2016 09:55 PM

Fuck off, Chris Jericho.

It pains me to say that, as he is one of my favorite wrestlers of all time. The past few times he has "returned" though have all been completely underwhelming. This "Rooty Tooty Booty" bullshit is busch league and he should be ashamed of himself. He's definitely not going to win the Royal Rumble, and he will probably win somewhere around zero matches the whole time he's around. Then he'll disappear to minimal fanfare and have some "shocking" return in four months or so.

Are any of you entertained by this bullshit?

Ruien 01-21-2016 10:13 PM

Tazz Dan is going to haunt you tonight.

Anybody Thrilla 01-21-2016 10:17 PM

I think even he would have a hard time justifying this garbage.

Evil Vito 01-21-2016 10:19 PM

<font color=goldenrod>Nope, I loved pretty much everything he'd done up until the feud with Punk in 2012 ended, and since then I haven't been able to bring myself to care about him at all. And it's a shame too because he's one of my old favorites. I'd like for him to just retire for good, make his HOF speech, and forgot the last few years ever happened.

His stuff the past couple of weeks has been so cringe-worthy that it might even diminish the quality of his previous work. It's that bad.</font>

Lock Jaw 01-21-2016 10:22 PM

I think he's been about as good as face Jericho ever is.... Maybe a bit less, but still about the same.... Just without much "credibility" since he always loses now.

Anybody Thrilla 01-21-2016 10:31 PM

He's definitely not as good as the Jericho that never beat Triple H for the title on Raw.

slik 01-21-2016 10:33 PM

He needs to wear a t-shirt and higher-waisted pants. No more JeriBelly and JeriCrack please.

I think he is back this time to
SPOILER: show
put over Dean Ambrose in a match at WM32.

Shisen Kopf 01-21-2016 10:39 PM

Chris Jericho has turned into Lenny Lane :nono::nono:

Anybody Thrilla 01-21-2016 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shisen Kopf (Post 4759567)

Maybe if he can find Lodi and some lollipops, this might just get entertaining after all.

Shisen Kopf 01-21-2016 10:48 PM

His career has as much life as Bobby Eaton's

Fignuts 01-21-2016 10:51 PM

His return against Punk was the last time he was entertaining for me. Agree with you on everything as far as his more recent returns go. Dude needs to reinvent himself like he did in 2009, or stick to Fozzy.

Anybody Thrilla 01-21-2016 10:51 PM

You do know that Bobby Eaton is alive, right?

Bad News Gertner 01-21-2016 10:59 PM

Tazz Dan is going to be pissed when he reads this

weather vane 01-21-2016 11:43 PM

Needs long hair. Needs to stop wearing terrible wrestling outfits. Needs to turn back into a whiney heel.

Just saved Jericho.

#1-norm-fan 01-22-2016 12:43 AM

I guess I'd rather have him around than not but they really shouldn't treat him like a big deal and put him in upper card situations anymore. Let him keep quietly coming back and putting on some cool midcard matches here and there. No harm in that.

SlickyTrickyDamon 01-22-2016 01:22 AM

He did a return once that was just house show dates. He is class.

Anybody Thrilla 01-22-2016 01:23 AM

I'm not questioning the man's CHARACTER. I'm questioning the man's "character".

Damian Rey 01-22-2016 01:26 AM

Jericho lost his luster after the Punk feud. He's literally just come back in meaningless go nowhere feuds, only to vanish and randomly show up again in an even less effective feud.

His feud with Bray looked like it could be interesting but I what I remember was meh, mostly because Jericho just comes back to lose.

I wish he'd retire and maybe just be an on screen personality at best. He's just a shell of his former persona.

Tom Guycott 01-22-2016 01:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shisen Kopf (Post 4759567)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anybody Thrilla (Post 4759572)
Maybe if he can find Lodi and some lollipops, this might just get entertaining after all.

Sub out Lodi with Joey Ryan, and you might be onto something.

#1-norm-fan 01-22-2016 01:43 AM

Remember when he was Reigns and Ambrose's surprise partner against The Wyatts and as soon as his music started it became painfully obvious he'd be taking the fall because that's what he does?

And then after the match he teased tension with Ambrose and Reigns.

That was all pretty ridiculous.

Damian Rey 01-22-2016 01:50 AM

Would've been fine had they went somewhere with it instead of Jericho just pissing off only to return out of the blue.

BigCrippyZ 01-22-2016 02:28 AM

Piss poor and lazy planning of his returns and especially his feuds and exits since 2010.

#BROKEN Hasney 01-22-2016 02:58 AM

Eh, he comes back, gets paid and I think he follows the shitty scripts now. Once again, a product of the wonderful creative WWE employs.

Mr. Nerfect 01-22-2016 03:07 AM

I pretty much agree with #fan on this. Jericho is the goods, but the pressure they put on him to be in such a soft role is pretty terrible. I find babyface Jericho a bit boring at the moment. I want to see a "desperate to remind everybody of who he is" Jericho feud with Dean Ambrose and Shinsuke Nakamura.

Mr. Nerfect 01-22-2016 03:07 AM

"Welcome to America, Shitsuke!"

Rammsteinmad 01-22-2016 06:40 AM

I love Jericho. Absolute Jericholic for life. Official hetero man-crush. Blah blah blah. But yeah, I kinda feel the same, it's not that I don't enjoy his appearances, it's just, I dunno, they've become so frequent that they're kinda lackluster now. We know he's not gonna win the Rumble, or any titles, most of his feuds are pretty one-sided now. It could also just be that WWE sucks so much right now, that even Chris Jericho seems "sub-par".

I don't mind the occasional Highlight Reel, and his podcasts are brilliant. But yeah, kinda feeling like groaning every time he pops back up these days.

drave 01-22-2016 06:57 AM

He definitely seems very bland this go around and should disappear quietly after putting over whatever talent he is back to put over.

Kinda surprised at the bitchfest with the "He only returns to lose" with all the whining about "part-timers" and/or "WWE doesn't make new stars". He is there to put over current talent. Feel like people would bitch regardless, which kinda solidifies ABT's point.

Icame4Hookers 01-22-2016 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anybody Thrilla (Post 4759538)
It pains me to say that, as he is one of my favorite wrestlers of all time. The past few times he has "returned" though have all been completely underwhelming. This "Rooty Tooty Booty" bullshit is busch league and he should be ashamed of himself. He's definitely not going to win the Royal Rumble, and he will probably win somewhere around zero matches the whole time he's around. Then he'll disappear to minimal fanfare and have some "shocking" return in four months or so.

You remind me of them type of film/tv show fans Oh I hate this actor but loved him in the previous film. lmao shut up being a troll.

Icame4Hookers 01-22-2016 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anybody Thrilla (Post 4759538)

You do realize, that Jericho does not have control of his creativity right?
This is all down to the writers, it's a story. not real life.

Mr. Nerfect 01-22-2016 10:00 AM

Jericho should have won the 2012 Royal Rumble and possibly the 2013 Royal Rumble as well. He's too gracious and you can count on him losing so much that it feels odd if he does win. I thought his match with Neville at Beast in the East would lead to a more prolonged program between the two, with Jericho eventually turning heel and putting Neville over, but nope.

Jericho just needs someone to focus on and to actually cut loose as a promo/character/wrestler. It could be him trying to goad the Cody Rhodes back out of Stardust; it could be Jericho trying to "out-prioritize" Alberto Del Rio by hijacking his segments because the US Title is the only thing he hasn't won; it could be using his history and rock star personality to pretend to be anti-Authority before betraying Reigns in the Royal Rumble; it could be him seeing a lot of a young him in Tyler Breeze and try to bring out the star there; it could be him trying to get Austin and Rock to agree to face him at WrestleMania so he can beat them both in the same night again; or it could be targeting Sheamus for the things he said about "little fellas" back last year and wanting Sheamus to recant.

Anything. Just give him something to do.

Nicky Fives 01-22-2016 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Icame4Hookers (Post 4759749)
You do realize, that Jericho does not have control of his creativity right?
This is all down to the writers, it's a story. not real life.

"Rooty Tooty Booty" came from his own head. He confirmed it on his podcast. No one told him to say that.

Icame4Hookers 01-22-2016 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicky Fives (Post 4759757)
"Rooty Tooty Booty" came from his own head. He confirmed it on his podcast. No one told him to say that.

Don't worry, I understand you're still a virgin it's fine......

Black Widow 01-22-2016 10:58 AM

I still like him but his stuff has kinda sucked for awhile.

Anybody Thrilla 01-22-2016 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Icame4Hookers (Post 4759748)
You remind me of them type of film/tv show fans Oh I hate this actor but loved him in the previous film. lmao shut up being a troll.

:roll:

Evil Vito 01-22-2016 12:05 PM

<font color=goldenrod>I would love nothing more than to be entertained by Jericho again, but right now he's as stale as last week's bread.</font>

Evil Vito 01-22-2016 12:06 PM

<font color=goldenrod>And he's become somewhat crotchety in his old age. Remember how pissy he got when people called the ending of his match with Orton predictable? Even though there wasn't a single person watching who didn't see the RKO coming as soon as Jericho went up top?</font>

Anybody Thrilla 01-22-2016 12:18 PM

The devastating Flying Nothing.

Arrogance 01-22-2016 12:21 PM

He's making money...easily. Just show up for awhile every now and then, big paycheck, and in the meantime, do things that don't involve punishing yourself.

Pro wrestling is all about the money...the only reason you learn to work matches is to have a good match to draw more money. Can't blame him. It's not like he's going to come in and bury Lesnar with the Lionsault.

Personally, I haven't really cared for him since the haircut.

Anybody Thrilla 01-22-2016 12:23 PM

I'm not saying he shouldn't have come back. I'm just saying I wish that what he was doing wasn't shitty.

Evil Vito 01-22-2016 12:23 PM

<font color=goldenrod>He looks like Bon Jovi with far less success.</font>