TPWW Forums

TPWW Forums (https://www.tpwwforums.com/index.php)
-   wrestling forum (https://www.tpwwforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Iginfest & Mr. C Present A Supreme-Hasney Joint: RAW Supershow - 6/25/12 WILL BILLY GUNN RETURN? Also Jericho (https://www.tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?t=119831)

Tom Guycott 06-26-2012 02:06 AM

THE MAN! THE MASTER! AND THE RULER... OF THE WORLD!

My first reaction was "oh, shit!"

Then, I felt bad that THAT was the first exclamation I came up with, given who it was.

Tom Guycott 06-26-2012 02:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anybody Thrilla (Post 3906010)
Colossal Clutch? Was it ever called that before?

Yes. And once, he used it A LOT in a short period of time. Around that time there seemed to be an influx of guys adding submissions to their moveset (such as Brock with the "Brock Lock" and 'Taker using that modified Dragon Sleeper that I think was called "TCB", etc.) He also used a step-over legdrop around then ("Hog Log", I think?)

mhirn3 06-26-2012 02:39 AM

Show was pretty damn fun in person. Was just ok on tv, a lot of the stuff didn't come off near as loud on tv as it did in the arena.

I think this is funny, my 4 year old nephew loves AJ:

Code:

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/-amnIsGPP-U" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="420"></iframe>

Tom Guycott 06-26-2012 02:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ermaximus (Post 3883274)
I'd actually rather watch Layla, Maryse, and AJ perform a three-way in the ring, but that's just me.

We got Layla, AJ, and Vickie in bathing suits and bikinis as the last 3 in a battle royal. This is as close as we're going to get.

Vickie looks better than I would have thought dressed like that and not cheating her ass with those big, clunky heels she always wears. Also, AJ has put on some weight (in a good way). She's gotten some thickness to her as opposed to being closer to coke-whore thin as when she first appeared.

mhirn3 06-26-2012 02:46 AM

I thought Natty looked HOT

Damndirty 06-26-2012 02:54 AM

The diva battle royal was too short to be believable, it was actually pretty retarded!

Skippord 06-26-2012 05:01 AM

oh yeah, AJ being in a bikini in that battle royal surprised me. But I would drink her bathwater so I am not complaining

Damndirty 06-26-2012 05:13 AM

So does this mean no more Kane-masked AJ?

Autobahn 06-26-2012 09:10 AM

Sid.

made my fucking night.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_ov1vR6RVtk...s400/sid-1.jpg

MoFo 06-26-2012 09:36 AM

going to watch this now......PLEASE tell me he showed up with that hair

Autobahn 06-26-2012 09:48 AM

Unfortunately not. Was also disappointed he didn't climb the second rope as well.

Jura 06-26-2012 10:18 AM

His shins are still ridiculously skinny.

#BROKEN Hasney 06-26-2012 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cool King (Post 3905404)
That vignette at the start of Raw pretty much summed up the WWE Title picture recently.

The Championship was only seen for about two seconds in that video, whereas AJ was seen in pretty much every clip used to make the entire vignette.

I know, it's so damn awesome.

Damndirty 06-26-2012 04:18 PM

Still... Punk losing again... that was kinda... dumb.

tjogo 06-26-2012 04:20 PM

I hope Chris Masters returns for the 1,000th episode.

Damndirty 06-26-2012 04:21 PM

I hope Owen Hart returns for the 1,000th episode!

Keith 06-26-2012 04:42 PM

I still can't get into having the WWE Champion wrestle anywhere except the main event.

But of course, that's just me. Maybe I'm just resisting change.

Damndirty 06-26-2012 04:48 PM

Kinda goofy as long as there are two primary champions and Cena.

XCaliber 06-26-2012 06:52 PM

Calling in now whoever wins the Former WWE Champion RAW Money In the Bank winner just ends up jobbing to the current holder even if it is John Cena himself just so he can make history once again somehow.

#1-norm-fan 06-26-2012 07:05 PM

I'm hoping for Big Show overcoming Cena's attempts to stop him and winning the Raw Money in the Bank.

Then he announces that he's a monster and the most dominant guy in the company right now and thus doesn't need to sneak up on Punk to win the title. He'd rather enjoy tearing him apart from scratch. So he tells him now that he's cashing in at SummerSlam. Throughout the weeks leading up to the match, Show constantly comes out after Punk matches to tease cashing it in early and torment him with the thought that with one WMD, that long title reign he's enjoyed can end any time Show wishes.

Finally SummerSlam comes along and Punk takes Show to this amazing dramatic match that we know he can and in the end, after failed GTS attempts, Punk makes Show tap out after like 2 minutes in the Anaconda Vice.

And THAT'S how you make Punk seem like a legit World Champion.

#BROKEN Hasney 06-26-2012 07:11 PM

If #1-wwf-fan's dream comes true, can someone tell me how "legit" Punk became? Because it's not a match I want to watch.

Corporate CockSnogger 06-26-2012 07:12 PM

That scenario would work if it was say, Lesnar or Triple H. But Big Show can go from beating Cena one week to losing to Yoshi Tatsu the next. Beating Show isn't a big deal.

#1-norm-fan 06-26-2012 07:15 PM

He beat an actual solidified main eventer in a match that could actually make a claim to being THE main event on the card. A guy that just feuded with "Mr. WWE" John Cena and after 2 straight main events against him can still make the claim that Cena was unable to stop him as he ran roughshod over the company. And in the end, Punk makes him tap out.

#1-norm-fan 06-26-2012 07:22 PM

Do I wish Show had been booked better for a while before this? Yes. Working with what we've got now though, Show currently has a legit claim that Cena couldn't really get the job done on his own at NWO and even then he won only by escaping the cage first. Then, Cena not only fails to get the job done again at MITB but Show beats him and two other guys to win the match.

And after Cena just can't get the job done, Punk is finally the one who not only beats Show but makes him tap out. I'd say that puts the champion who can't get in a match that gets the main event spot over Cena to save his life in a legit spot to where he can stake a claim to start headlining PPVs.

Damndirty 06-26-2012 08:46 PM

Well, Cena isn't really known for tapping out, so Punk tapping Cena may be the thing to make him more legit.

#1-norm-fan 06-26-2012 08:49 PM

That would make Punk more legit. It would also make Cena look quite bitch-like though. Not good.

#1-norm-fan 06-26-2012 08:51 PM

This way you can kinda drop the hint of Punk being better by doing something Cena couldn't do no matter how hard he tried and you don't have to give the crowd ammo to boo Cena more because his character looks weaker. I like the path they're on right now. The crowd has been slowly getting less anti-Cena. They need to keep working with that.

parkmania 06-26-2012 10:01 PM

Just wondering, based on them mentioning how long Santino's held the belt, when we'll see the return of the Honk-a-Meter.

EDIT: <s>Greedo</s>Jericho shot first.

#1-norm-fan 06-26-2012 10:07 PM

It wouldn't make sense with the US Title. He could however create the... *checks Wikipedia to find the longest reigning US Champion of all time*... the Luger-meter.

That reminds me, did anyone else notice that Cole said Santino had held the belt since January? He actually won it in March. I wasn't sure if Cole was just being an idiot or if they really are just saying "Fuck it. No one will notice." and trying to make his reign sound longer than it has been.

parkmania 06-26-2012 10:20 PM

Whoops - got my mid-card belts mixed up. Sorry bout that. Altzheimer's kicking in...

mhirn3 06-27-2012 12:37 AM

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-...71729605_n.jpg

SID!

Lock Jaw 06-27-2012 07:30 PM

Just had the chance to watch RAW.

I was totally impressed by Sid. I would not mind him coming back for a small run at all. Somehow, age has made him look like even more of a badass.

In that one squash match, he looked more threatening, menacing, and badass than Ryback has in his many months.

Seemed like he could still move too.

Big Vic 06-28-2012 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Damndirty (Post 3906608)
Still... Punk losing again... that was kinda... dumb.

If he won then there would be no reason for Punk Bryan at MITB although I hope they have a stip for that match, like a submission match or something.

Damndirty 06-29-2012 09:00 AM

He doesn't need to win, but he doesn't need to be the one pinned all the time either. This only kills his Best Wrestler in the World reputation.

DAMN iNATOR 06-30-2012 12:00 PM

http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs1/3882051_o.gif

So nice, they HAD to do it twice! :cool:

Also, SIG.'D that shit!: