TPWW Forums

TPWW Forums (https://www.tpwwforums.com/index.php)
-   wrestling forum (https://www.tpwwforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   So the WWE has been editing crowd reactions for Daniel Bryan (https://www.tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?t=129259)

GD 04-17-2015 09:21 PM

So the WWE has been editing crowd reactions for Daniel Bryan

Yeah! As the title reads. I think it is borderline insulting!

I understand the following clip is from Smackdown and it is prone to a lot of editing, but take a look at the end of the video where the entire crowd erupts for D Bryan and the "yes chants" are somewhat washed out. What the fuck?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/7hRDXz4Hvdo?start=178" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

NormanSmiley 04-18-2015 01:24 AM

Saw something today its also being done for ziggler and I think neville

KIRA 04-18-2015 01:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NormanSmiley (Post 4617568)
Saw something today its also being done for ziggler and I think neville

My question is why?

NormanSmiley 04-18-2015 01:40 AM

No idea why wwe does anything they do

Emperor Smeat 04-18-2015 02:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KIRA (Post 4617569)
My question is why?

Goes against whatever narrative or spot they think Ziggler and Neville belongs in at the moment. Ceasro last Monday is another example of his pop being way bigger than the WWE wants so they edited it to be for Orton instead.

With the exception of some moments, they've been doing stuff like that going as far back as mid-to-late Hogan era.

Dark One 04-18-2015 02:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KIRA (Post 4617569)
My question is why?

http://www.memegene.net/media/created/vm5kx5.jpg

SlickyTrickyDamon 04-18-2015 02:34 AM

There was a guy who posted here once. He came here to say he had been used as as a crowd member of a Smackdown he never went to. He did the thumbs down reaction at one Smackdown and they used it again for some reason as a reaction to Jack Swagger.

KIRA 04-18-2015 04:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dark One (Post 4617574)

A joke and the truth at the same time.

drave 04-18-2015 09:54 AM

Why?

Their last name isn't Cena or Reigns.

drave 04-18-2015 09:55 AM

Waiting for the "John" and "Roman" parts to be dropped at any given moment.

Mr. Nerfect 04-18-2015 10:12 AM

I hate it when the WWE does this.

Mercenary 04-18-2015 10:28 AM

piped in crowd noise? Edited crowds? Camera tricks showing a different crowd audience member on close ups?

WWE has done this for a long time. How is this new to anyone?

DAMN iNATOR 04-18-2015 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mercenary (Post 4617636)
piped in crowd noise? Edited crowds? Camera tricks showing a different crowd audience member on close ups?

Exactly.

Lock Jaw 04-18-2015 11:08 AM

Whoaaaa! It's only smoke and mirrors!

KIRA 04-18-2015 12:35 PM

Quote:

Its not that its news to me Its just the logic, you say that X can't get over X gets over and you cut his legs out from under him.

Then talk about how he isn't over

Ruien 04-18-2015 12:54 PM

Ya, it does not make any sense. You should want the wrestlers to get over so they can earn you more money. Even if you don't push Daniel Bryan to the main event if he is still super popular by all the crowds it will catch on and sell more merchandise.

Mercenary 04-18-2015 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruien (Post 4617665)
Ya, it does not make any sense. You should want the wrestlers to get over so they can earn you more money. Even if you don't push Daniel Bryan to the main event if he is still super popular by all the crowds it will catch on and sell more merchandise.

Which is why Jake the Snake Roberts, and Demolition were turned face because the crowds were getting behind them back in the 80's

Lock Jaw 04-18-2015 06:04 PM

http://cdn3.whatculture.com/wp-conte...kec8o1_400.gif

Jazzy Foot 04-18-2015 11:54 PM

Maybe WWE are trying to "wean" fans off Daniel Bryan so that when he does have to retire early because of the injuries/future risk, they don't react badly etc?

Whatever the case the future is unfortunately not looking good at all for Daniel Bryan and some speculating he should at least keep going till WM 32.....he may decide to call it quits earlier. Maybe after Summer Slam this year.

A final match against Triple H, end the Authority at the event he first won the WWE title 2 years ago and then say good bye?

Rather that than watch him slide down the food chain ad be content with IC title feuds with Sheamus and Barrett.

road doggy dogg 04-19-2015 04:12 AM

no way

next you're gonna try and tell me something crazy like piledrivers don't really drop guys on their heads or something

#1-norm-fan 04-19-2015 06:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruien (Post 4617665)

Then again, the smarks won't just accept him as an upper-mid card guy and like to "protest" him not being in main events. So if they can do things to reel it back a little, it can help out the main event picture.

drave 04-19-2015 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by road doggy dogg (Post 4617896)
no way

next you're gonna try and tell me something crazy like piledrivers don't really drop guys on their heads or something

http://forum.vpxsports.com/Uploads/I...-ab91-f271.jpg

Mercenary 04-19-2015 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by road doggy dogg (Post 4617896)
no way

Awwww man......

Vastardikai 04-19-2015 09:53 PM

Wouldn't that money and effort be better spent on a new T-shirt for the guy getting the cheers they don't want? At least that way, they actually get money out of the reaction.

Oh yeah, WWE hates money.

BigCrippyZ 04-19-2015 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vastardikai (Post 4618064)
Wouldn't that money and effort be better spent on a new T-shirt for the guy getting the cheers they don't want? At least that way, they actually get money out of the reaction.

Oh yeah, WWE hates money.

It's not that WWE hates money. It's that WWE as a public company no longer relies on their consumers for most of their financial "success". Most of WWE's success financially comes from the value of their stock.

Sure, they need their consumers to keep their stock prices at a certain value but burying one guy who's over (or getting over) isn't going to hurt your stock value. There's little to no incentive to risk going all in on a guy if you're not sure or for whatever reason don't think he'll make your stock price increase.

This is particularly true if you rely on a demographic (i.e., children) that doesn't "think for themselves" who will skew the numbers enough to show a steady revenue stream to keep your stock value stable. In comparison, prior to the success of Austin, Foley and Rock and WWE going public, WWE was nearly broke (and supposedly close to going under) there was great incentive for them to listen to their consumers and go with the guys who were most "over" with the crowds.

Long story short, WWE has less incentive to worry about their consumers or who's more "over" as long as they have enough sustained revenues to keep their stock value stable.

Tom Guycott 04-20-2015 02:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smelly Meatball (Post 4617572)
Goes against whatever narrative or spot they think Ziggler and Neville belongs in at the moment. Ceasro last Monday is another example of his pop being way bigger than the WWE wants so they edited it to be for Orton instead.

Which is a refreshing change than what I assume is a canned pop for Orton with that same girly shriek at the beginning that comes at the exact same time evey ti e his music hits.

Vastardikai 04-20-2015 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCrippyZ (Post 4618073)
It's not that WWE hates money. It's that WWE as a public company no longer relies on their consumers for most of their financial "success". Most of WWE's success financially comes from the value of their stock.

Sure, they need their consumers to keep their stock prices at a certain value but burying one guy who's over (or getting over) isn't going to hurt your stock value. There's little to no incentive to risk going all in on a guy if you're not sure or for whatever reason don't think he'll make your stock price increase.

This is particularly true if you rely on a demographic (i.e., children) that doesn't "think for themselves" who will skew the numbers enough to show a steady revenue stream to keep your stock value stable. In comparison, prior to the success of Austin, Foley and Rock and WWE going public, WWE was nearly broke (and supposedly close to going under) there was great incentive for them to listen to their consumers and go with the guys who were most "over" with the crowds.

Long story short, WWE has less incentive to worry about their consumers or who's more "over" as long as they have enough sustained revenues to keep their stock value stable.

Yet ANOTHER reason why I feel "Going Public" was the ruination of professional wrestling.

Big Vic 04-20-2015 03:43 PM

Quote:

I find it ironic that they made fun of WCW for the same thing.