TPWW Forums

TPWW Forums (https://www.tpwwforums.com/index.php)
-   wrestling forum (https://www.tpwwforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Is Naomi good? (https://www.tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?t=132932)

Anybody Thrilla 02-16-2017 02:35 PM

Is Naomi good?

I mean, sure she's a great athlete, but she is one of the shittiest promos I've ever heard. I want to like her, but it's not really clicking for me. She seemed OK on Total Divas...or so I'm told :shifty: ...what do you think? Are you feeling the Glow? Also, that is a stupid catchphrase.

Ruien 02-16-2017 02:37 PM

She's okay. The Glow thing is unique and if she keeps adding different entrances with it I am down. I don't mind her being champ in the least because she is different than every other female on SDL.

DAMN iNATOR 02-16-2017 02:46 PM

I don't hate her, but I don't dig the entrance, she's not great at promos, and she's somewhat above average at best in competition.

Don't get me wrong, I 100% want to see her get her WM 33 moment in her hometown of Orlando, it's just I'm not at all convinced she's enough of a draw at this point to be in a SmackDown! LIVE Women's Championship title shot or defense. Perhaps with a little more time she'll be ready for the limelight, but for now, I think it's best Alexa wins the title next week if Naomi can compete, or if she can't due to her most unfortunately timed knee injury and has to vacate the belt that maybe we get like a 6-pack challenge @ WM 33 for the gold.

Anybody Thrilla 02-16-2017 03:03 PM

I love Alexa Bliss so much.

Danny Electric 02-16-2017 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anybody Thrilla (Post 4929559)

The CyNick 02-16-2017 03:16 PM

I see this as a token gesture for a person who has been a good hand for some time. He entrance should be very cool in the big stadium, just hopefully she goes on late so it's in the dark.

Emperor Smeat 02-16-2017 03:19 PM

She's decent overall but like others in the past, she is also benefiting because of the new brand split thinning out the divisions and getting more tv time possible.

Cool King 02-16-2017 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danny Electric (Post 4929568)
Quote:

DAMN iNATOR 02-16-2017 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anybody Thrilla
Quote:

Originally Posted by Danny Electric
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cool King

Anybody Thrilla 02-16-2017 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The CyNick (Post 4929572)
I see this as a token gesture for a person who has been a good hand for some time. He entrance should be very cool in the big stadium, just hopefully she goes on late so it's in the dark.

Ha, I didn't even think about that. Kinda like Bray Wyatt's daytime entrance...even though that was still kinda cool.

Black Widow 02-16-2017 04:03 PM

She's good at copying a hoodrat stripper during her entrance.

Triple A 02-16-2017 04:06 PM

She is horrible at promos imo

idk @ "in the ring"

Have never felt like any match she has been in was particularly "good" or anything

Triple A 02-16-2017 04:06 PM

Ember Moon seems like 10x better than almost any other women's wrestler tbh

Maluco 02-16-2017 05:37 PM

She is probably the most athletic of the women. She can do some pretty cool things in the ring. Promos is also a weakness that a lot of them have, possibly from not having had the time to do them live as frequently as the men until recently.

The way the rosters are, to build a division, all the women need to step up. They need more bodies on both rosters, but for now, they really need them all on the same level, as there is no mid or lower card for the women.

I think she is the goods though, def has enough about her to keep me interested, and she has never really had the spotlight before.

Lock Jaw 02-16-2017 05:50 PM

Her entrance is PrettyCool, except she has done "slower" dance moves the past few times that don't fit as well as the faster stuff she used to do did.......

In the ring she is average, and on the mic she is pretty bad..... I don't remember what she said during the contract signing but I remember being befuddled and thinking "Huh? What does that even mean?"

Mr. Nerfect 02-16-2017 06:51 PM

She can do a few cool moves, but I've never seen a match from her that made me go "that was really good." Her promos are annoying as hell. The SmackDown Women's Title meant shit the moment Alexa Bliss won it though, so why not give her a run? It seems to be working for crowds, even though I think they'd chant "You deserve it!" at a referee winning the Hardcore Title at this point.

I'd have gotten rid of her a while ago. Not for any malicious reason, I just think that any sort of "Women's Revolution" requires you burn the forest a bit, and that means getting rid of the women who never added much and perpetuated the Diva vibe. She's overachieving right now, so good for her.

SlickyTrickyDamon 02-16-2017 06:53 PM

Quote:

This and yes to your original question. She works hard and deserves more for putting up with Cameron for so long. #girlbye

EazyMack 02-16-2017 11:46 PM

I'm feeling the glow.

Certainly more believable than Five Feet of Fury, whose strikes look like they wouldn't hurt at all lol.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Triple A (Post 4929615)
Ember Moon seems like 10x better than almost any other women's wrestler tbh

Ember Moon is my pick to surpass the greatness of Asuka and Charlotte before long... if they let her. :y:

Bobholly138 02-17-2017 02:35 AM

In ring she is decent compared to the other women in WWE. On the mic she isn't that good. Hadn't seen her in at least a year,then saw a match she had recently and she has majorly improved. But still compared to women like say Candice Laree,Mistress Belmont or even Lufisto she isn't that good.

SlickyTrickyDamon 02-17-2017 02:37 AM

Yeah but she's wrestled in front of more people on a random tuesday than those have ever wrestled in their career combined.

Bobholly138 02-17-2017 02:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlickyTrickyDamon (Post 4930018)
Yeah but she's wrestled in front of more people on a random tuesday than those have ever wrestled in their career combined.

True, but amount of people she has wrestled in front of has nothing to do with how good she is.