TPWW Forums

TPWW Forums (https://www.tpwwforums.com/index.php)
-   mma forum (https://www.tpwwforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   HUGE UPSET (https://www.tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?t=119548)

Next Big Thing 06-10-2012 01:02 AM

HUGE UPSET

Bradley beat Pacquiao via split decision! Damn.

CSL 06-10-2012 01:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CSL (Post 3885985)
Manny Pacquiao was just royally fucked in the ass on PPV

CSL 06-10-2012 01:05 AM

Vegas judges on some kind of drug binge

Keith 06-10-2012 01:25 AM

I hear Pacquiao's contract with Arum is about to expire, and it is rumored he won't re-sign. So it looks like Bob Arum just screwed him, "Vince McMahon-Style". Like "Ok, if you're leaving me, you won't take your Championships and If you fight Mayweather, I'll affect that, too".

Arum screwed Pacquiao.

#1-norm-fan 06-10-2012 01:28 AM

I feel like the judges just turned heel on Pacquiao and I'm gonna have to tune in to Raw tomorrow night to find out why.

MoFo 06-10-2012 01:29 AM

Another disgusting robbery.

Bradley stank the joint out, how the fuck did this happen.

Keith 06-10-2012 01:31 AM

You know that on the way to the hotel, Bradley's wife is going like "Hun, you know you didn't win, right?" That's how women are.

RP 06-10-2012 02:04 AM

Id say this just killed boxing, but boxing died 10 years ago.

Droford 06-10-2012 02:08 AM

bradley vs mayweather or we riot lol

RP 06-10-2012 02:11 AM

No one cares Droford

Droford 06-10-2012 02:19 AM

bradley v pacquiao 2 will be winner fights mayweather and you know it

Keith 06-10-2012 02:27 AM

I'm guessing there will have to be a rematch, that's just the way it is when a Champion loses.

Crimson 06-10-2012 02:28 AM

Pathetic..I know for a fact i'll never order another boxing ppv anytime soon. But others will.
This was just bs..i dont even care what happens or what future fights might happen..who cares..its pathetic

RP 06-10-2012 02:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Droford (Post 3886043)
bradley v pacquiao 2 will be winner fights mayweather and you know it

Nobody cares., This sport is horrible. I wouldn't care to see any match.

Emperor Smeat 06-10-2012 09:37 AM

Boxing really needs to fix the issue with judges and scoring because even Bradley hinted they scored it wrong in the end and he won the fight.

Some small talk going around is the judges might have been pissed at Pac delaying the fight in order to watch the Cs game and then having another smaller delay to get ready for the match.

MoFo 06-10-2012 09:55 AM

Bradley's guaranteed $18m for the rematch in November smh.

Stickman 06-10-2012 12:14 PM

Anyone got the fight video?

Next Big Thing 06-10-2012 02:40 PM

The promotion in boxing is really what's fucked up the sport the most. Particularly Bob Arum. If the rumors that Pacquiao is splitting with him are true, it would probably be for the better and maybe make the road to Pacquiao/ Mayweather a little easier. Manny should sign with Goldenboy if that's the case since they always seem to be able to get a deal with Floyd done.

Sepholio 06-10-2012 02:50 PM

I went for a ride in my roflcopter after I saw this decision.

Also, Manny will never fight Floyd. I've long ago given up hope on that ever happening.

Jura 06-10-2012 04:12 PM

lol Bradley attended the post conference in a wheelchair while Pacquiao didn't have a mark.

http://l3.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/ZX...lchair-630.jpg

#BROKEN Hasney 06-10-2012 04:14 PM

Just watched it before I read anything about it. Dull fight but it was a huge screw-up. After the Amir Khan screwjob as well I doubt I'll watch boxing again.

If there were going to make it that obviousl who was "supposed" to win the fight, they may as well have gotten Mayweather out with a steel chair and took out Pacquiao while the ref was distracted. at least it would have been entertaining then.

Jura 06-10-2012 04:18 PM

http://www.change.org/petitions/the-...o-bradley-bout

Nark Order 06-10-2012 05:23 PM

There is way too much "grey area" in fight judging. It's really silly how much power the judges have to interpret fights pretty much however they want.

#BROKEN Hasney 06-10-2012 05:31 PM

Almost wish they brought in amateur boxing scoring. Not sure if it would degrade the quality though.

Keith 06-10-2012 08:54 PM

What does it say about Boxing when the winner, in a postfight interview, says he's going to have to watch the fight to see if he did in fact win, as Bradley did last night?

Hell, even if you don't think you won, play it up. Act like you deserved it.

Emperor Smeat 06-10-2012 09:44 PM

Wow things got a bit bizarre now that Arum says he wants an investigation of the fight to be done by Nevada's Attorney General but with the catch of the Nevada Athletic Commission can't be involved because of the small feud he has with them. Probably realizes Bradley (also promotes him) won't come close to be as marketable as Pac even if he were to win a rematch.
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/boxing-...ane-ford-.html

Same guy who in one of the first interviews after the fight said this:

Quote:

"I've never been as ashamed of the sport of boxing as I am tonight. Can you believe that? Unbelievable. I went over to Bradley before the decision and he said, `I tried hard but I couldn't beat the guy.' "

It should be noted that Bradley denies ever saying such a thing and his mannerisms in the ring after the bout don't suggest he believes he lost.

"I'll make a lot of money off the rematch, but this was outrageous."
http://www.tpww.net/forums/newreply....reply&t=119548

Sepholio 06-10-2012 09:53 PM

To be fair, Bradley had previous injuries to both feet/ankles and by the press conference decided to use the wheelchair because of the pain he was experiencing. That AND he got his ass beat.

Sepholio 06-11-2012 12:50 AM

Hmmm, upon further research it appears that while he had previous injuries to his feet, they did end up much worse over the course of the fight. Didn't realize when I posted that that he broke one foot and twisted his other ankle during the fight. I thought he just re-injured them. My mistake, apparently.

Next Big Thing 06-11-2012 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smelly Meatball (Post 3886955)
Wow things got a bit bizarre now that Arum says he wants an investigation of the fight to be done by Nevada's Attorney General but with the catch of the Nevada Athletic Commission can't be involved because of the small feud he has with them. Probably realizes Bradley (also promotes him) won't come close to be as marketable as Pac even if he were to win a rematch.
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/boxing-...ane-ford-.html

Arum is such a shady clown. This is why he can't get a deal done with Mayweather. HE'S the promoter of Pacquiao and Bradley, but HE'S on the record saying there won't be a rematch unless the Nevada attorney general launches an investigation. What sense does that make!?

Arum has the power to fix all this himself. It's as simple as him saying, "We're going to have a rematch in November and it won't be in Las Vegas unless there's an investigation." Instead, he's trying to deflect criticism and suspicion off of himself while simultaneously protecting his own self interest in case Pacquiao chooses a different promoter.

If Arum goes on the record immediately after this fight and says there will be a rematch without having Pacquiao under contract, he would essentially put himself in a situation where he would have to co-promote with whoever Pacquiao signs with, watch Manny beat the brakes off Bradley in a rematch and then see him go on to make big bucks in a fight with Mayweather and leave Arum completely out of the picture.

This is the same bullshit posturing he's been pulling with Mayweather for almost four years now.

RP 06-12-2012 12:09 PM

For a while I always blamed Mayweather, but clearly the emperor has revealed him self to be a sith lord. Fuck off Arum.

Keith 06-12-2012 10:13 PM

I watched the fight again, and wow, you've got to give it to Pacquiao. He took the loss really well, never once showed any anger. He even did his postfight interview alongside Bradley.

This whole situation has been weird.

RP 06-13-2012 05:02 AM

Rigged

Jura 06-13-2012 07:16 AM

I think Bradley's injury actually helped him. He had to slow down and pick good shots and counter-punch Pacquiao which works well because Pac is heavy on the offense. Pacquiao shouldn't have backed off though. I think two of the judges went against him for not putting a noticeably slowed Bradley away even though Pac won.

Next Big Thing 06-13-2012 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keith (Post 3890462)
I watched the fight again, and wow, you've got to give it to Pacquiao. He took the loss really well, never once showed any anger. He even did his postfight interview alongside Bradley.

This whole situation has been weird.

Pacquiao's reaction is another reason why I feel like something shady was meant to happen with this fight. Go back and watch. The announcers even commented at how Pacquiao was essentially doing nothing for 2/3 of each round and then making a flurry at the end. It almost seemed like he was trying to keep Bradley in the fight. Then, to be as nonchalant as he was about it makes no sense. Pacquiao either cares so little about fighting these days that being screwed doesn't matter to him or jobbing to Bradley was his way of amicably splitting with Arum.

Keith 06-13-2012 09:04 AM

Ortiz is now fighting Alvarez, and Arum said a rematch between Pacquiao and Bradley is "unlikely".

My guess is they set up a fight between Bradley and Miguel Cotto, Cotto wins, and then faces Pacquiao.

Nicky Fives 06-13-2012 09:10 AM

Why even have judges? If the fight goes the distance, just call it a draw..... there would be no controversy in that..... same thing goes for MMA.... fighters would oonly be paid half their purse and would motivate them to finish the fight......

#BROKEN Hasney 06-13-2012 09:53 AM

Not really, the champ would be happy playing for a draw.

Just go back to the old times where there's no round limit. Sure there will be no issues with that at all.

Fignuts 06-13-2012 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keith (Post 3886784)
What does it say about Boxing when the winner, in a postfight interview, says he's going to have to watch the fight to see if he did in fact win, as Bradley did last night?

Hell, even if you don't think you won, play it up. Act like you deserved it.

I would agree if the fight was at least somewhat close, but it was so obvious that manny was the winner, that Bradley would have looked stupid going up there and boasting.

The Show Off 06-13-2012 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicky Fives (Post 3890857)
Why even have judges? If the fight goes the distance, just call it a draw..... there would be no controversy in that..... same thing goes for MMA.... fighters would oonly be paid half their purse and would motivate them to finish the fight......

This does make some sense. The only problem is people will stop tuning in after the the third or fourth main event in a row that's a draw.

CSL 06-13-2012 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keith (Post 3890847)
Ortiz is now fighting Alvarez, and Arum said a rematch between Pacquiao and Bradley is "unlikely".

My guess is they set up a fight between Bradley and Miguel Cotto, Cotto wins, and then faces Pacquiao.

don't see that, Manny already murdered Cotto

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicky Fives (Post 3890857)

ridiculous idea