TPWW Forums

TPWW Forums (https://www.tpwwforums.com/index.php)
-   wrestling forum (https://www.tpwwforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Cena/Del Rio (https://www.tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?t=112801)

Supreme Olajuwon 04-30-2011 12:47 PM

Cena/Del Rio

is gonna be sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

Feud of 2011 Award Winner easily

Supreme Olajuwon 04-30-2011 12:50 PM

OR MAYBE I'M WRONG

I doubt that very much

SaskatchewanChamp 04-30-2011 01:06 PM

Del Rio = Miz
Ricardo = Riley

It will be more of the same.

Supreme Olajuwon 04-30-2011 01:20 PM

nuh uh

ClockShot 04-30-2011 03:33 PM

Del Rio is going to be our new Orton for Raw. You just watch.

Lock Jaw 04-30-2011 03:42 PM

Yeah, definitely feud of the year.

Except for the fact that I am not looking forward to it at all and have no interest in seeing it.

Supreme Olajuwon 04-30-2011 03:45 PM

That's the spirit!

St. Jimmy 04-30-2011 03:47 PM

I, for once, agree with Supreme here.

#1-norm-fan 04-30-2011 04:01 PM

Part of me is looking forward to it because of the guys involved.

But a much bigger part of me is not looking forward to it because I don't think Raw's writers can do better than an "I dislike you, you dislike me, I attack, you attack, match. I still dislike you, you still dislike me, I attack, you attack, rematch." And I don't think the promos are going to be able to overcome the sheer boring formulaic feud that I'm afraid is coming.

Mr. C 04-30-2011 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by F4Wonline.com
Alberto Del Rio vs. John Cena is planned for SummerSlam with the WWE Championship on the line.

When WWE first booked Extreme Rules, they weren’t planning on having the Draft first. Del Rio had been planned to win the World Heavyweight Championship at the pay-per-view, and then he would’ve moved to RAW in the Draft, with The Miz keeping the WWE title and taking the belt to SmackDown, in June.

SPOILER: show
With the Draft being held early, Christian will win the World title at Extreme Rules. This will be the third pay-per-view since TLC where Del Rio was scheduled to win the title, but didn’t.

With Vince McMahon bringing the Draft sooner, plans will be changing.

I actually like this better, as it continues to build Del Rio closer to the title and makes him look more credible when he does finally win. Plus, having him beat Cena for the WWE title (which I’ve always felt was more prestigious since it’s been around a lot longer) in the main event of SummerSlam would be a bigger rub than beating Edge for the World title in the opening of WrestleMania.

This could lead to Del Rio vs. Cena at Night of Champions for the title in a Loser Leaves RAW Match, where Del Rio retains the title (wishful thinking). :D

Evil Vito 04-30-2011 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rated R Classic (Post 3510857)
This could lead to Del Rio vs. Cena at Night of Champions for the title in a Loser Leaves RAW Match, where Del Rio retains the title (wishful thinking). :D

<font color=goldenrod>I'm pretty sick of Loser Leaves ??? matches since you know there's no chance they bother sticking to it.</font>

Shadrick 04-30-2011 06:42 PM

They need to have Del Rio throw Cena off of a bridge.

Or have Cena throw Del Rio into the bay >_>

Rock Bottom 04-30-2011 07:06 PM

as long as this doesn't end up with Cena coming out with people from 'pimp my ride' ill look forward to it

Jeritron 04-30-2011 07:24 PM

The matches will be fantastic. Del Rio is already a heat magnet, but working with Cena is going to further that

Godfather4Life 04-30-2011 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadrick (Post 3510984)
They need to have Del Rio throw Cena off of a bridge.

Or have Cena throw Del Rio into the bay >_>

del rio= of the river..... so let's throw him in the river...altough i'd rather see cena drown.

D Mac 04-30-2011 07:43 PM

Let's throw Cena in the river and see if shit floats.

Supreme Olajuwon 04-30-2011 08:42 PM

Just toss your Metallica cd's in the toilet and check.

Damian Rey 05-01-2011 12:02 AM

Cena has shown that when he's in the ring with someone who is a better worker than he is, he can bring it and put on some stellar matches when it counts.

The real test here is to see how serious they are about Del Rio. Is he going to just be jobber fodder Cena, or are they going to have him go over for a while and finally let Del Rio runs with the belt the way Miz has.

Fox 05-01-2011 05:54 AM

The smart thing to do with this feud is build up Del Rio to be on level with Cena - his arch nemesis, the Lex Luthor to his Superman, the Joker to his Batman, the Rock to his Austin. They need Del Rio to start dominating, win the WWE Title, and beat Cena relatively clean a few times (maybe even make the guy tap). They need Del Rio to get the one-up on Cena a few times to legitimize him in the eyes of the fans, and then they can have an epic feud.

But I'm not convinced they're going to do that. If Cena beats Del Rio clean in their first PPV match, then it'll be a pretty good sign that the WWE is going to fuck Del Rio to make Cena look even stronger than he already does. After the way they fucked Punk during the New Nexus/Cena angle, I'm not putting a lot of faith in the WWE's ability to elevate new guys to stand against Cena as an equal.

Wolfpack423 05-01-2011 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fox (Post 3511429)
The smart thing to do with this feud is build up Del Rio to be on level with Cena - his arch nemesis, the Lex Luthor to his Superman, the Joker to his Batman, the Rock to his Austin. They need Del Rio to start dominating, win the WWE Title, and beat Cena relatively clean a few times (maybe even make the guy tap). They need Del Rio to get the one-up on Cena a few times to legitimize him in the eyes of the fans, and then they can have an epic feud.

But I'm not convinced they're going to do that. If Cena beats Del Rio clean in their first PPV match, then it'll be a pretty good sign that the WWE is going to fuck Del Rio to make Cena look even stronger than he already does. After the way they fucked Punk during the New Nexus/Cena angle, I'm not putting a lot of faith in the WWE's ability to elevate new guys to stand against Cena as an equal.

You mean Orton vs. Punk/New Nexus? The Cena vs. Punk/New Nexus storyline barely got started in my opinion. It would have been great and I still don't understand why everyone is down on Cena. He works his ass off for the company in every facet of it and he will put over people. I am an Orton fan as well, but if there's anyone that stops people's momentum it's him. Cena vs. Del Rio will be a fresh feud. I still don't see why Del Rio is anywhere near the title. His matches are pretty good, but everything else is terrible. I have never seen a segment of his outside of a match that I thought was entertaining.

D Mac 05-02-2011 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supreme Olajuwon (Post 3511093)
Just toss your Metallica cd's in the toilet and check.

NEVER

Asmo 05-02-2011 12:55 AM

So, with Cena as champion and ADR without a title, this looks more of a possibility now than never.

Rock Bottom 05-04-2011 12:38 AM

ADR has to beat Rey up for a bit though. He's lost two PPV's in a row. My guess is after beating Rey in a "loser is not a real Mexican" match he's going to get his shot.

Mr. Nerfect 05-05-2011 04:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fox (Post 3511429)

I agree, completely. Cena vs. Del Rio could be absolutely epic if they put Del Rio into the driver's seat. Give him an answer for everything Cena has. If Cena goes to the top rope, Del Rio kicks him off; if Cena tries the Attitude Adjustment on Cena, there are knees and elbows for him; and if Cena tries to take Del Rio to the mat, he gets caught in the Cross Armbreaker. Hell, if Cena tries to rap on Del Rio, have Alberto get Brodus Clay to give Snoop Dogg a call to show up on RAW.

Del Rio could become, as you said -- the kryptonite-wielding Lex Luthor to Cena's Superman if they build him up correctly. But I fear it will just be a fairly generic feud.

Also, Del Rio is the goods. Don't enjoy too many heels like I do Del Rio. He's a heel with balls. Slapping the urn out of Paul Bearer's hands? Now that is a bad-ass. :eek: