TPWW Forums

TPWW Forums (https://www.tpwwforums.com/index.php)
-   mma forum (https://www.tpwwforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Cain Velasquez vs. Brock Lesnar and other fights (https://www.tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?t=106479)

IC Champion 10-24-2010 02:53 PM

Go back to the wresting forum, I mean that in the nicest way possible.

IC Champion 10-24-2010 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VSG (Post 3295220)
Very well. If at all these rumours come to fruit, we will see.

They never will, so we won't.

Next Big Thing 10-24-2010 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VSG (Post 3295220)
Very well. If at all these rumours come to fruit, we will see.

From a business standpoint VSG, if Brock hypothetically did sign with WWE for a one time deal, do you really think he'd agree to job. Especially if they wanted him to job clean or made to look weak? He's too proud for that and likely doesn't need the money to where he would have to accept terms like that.

Krimzon7 10-24-2010 07:22 PM

While I lol'd. I think it's still a dick move by 'Taker. Personal beef, professional 'mob' match offer, or whatever. He knows Brock's number, he know's his way around and to his lockerroom. Save that bravado shit...fucking high impact actors...and I like wrestling.

Reavant 10-24-2010 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by conebone69 (Post 3295211)
So you assume MMA fans dont know WWE is fake? Come on. Stop it.

dude, there were people a table over from me that honestly thought mma was not real and lesnar was hiding razors in his gloves to cut himself.

IC Champion 10-25-2010 12:06 AM

You could clearly see him blading himself.

The Mask 10-25-2010 01:25 AM

just been rewatching the end and i think the knee everyone said hit his chest/body actually clipped his chin

McLegend 10-25-2010 10:32 AM

The Undertaker is the man.

The Phenom 10-25-2010 11:02 AM

Cain decimated Lesner in the first round. He busted Lesner face up bad, Cain is the new champion.

RoXer 10-25-2010 02:06 PM

I disagree

IC Champion 10-25-2010 02:08 PM

What's there to disagree with? Brock got destroyed.

Innovator 10-25-2010 02:22 PM

That knee destroyed Brock

IC Champion 10-25-2010 02:35 PM

The knee rocked him, he then got mauled foir the next 2 minutes and that was that. not to mention Brock gassed out.

Funky Fly 10-25-2010 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Instant Classic (Post 3296920)
What's there to disagree with? Brock got destroyed.

Pretty sure that was a joke.

IC Champion 10-25-2010 02:59 PM

Don't point out sarcastic comments to me.

IC Champion 10-25-2010 02:59 PM

You can never be to sure either.

Funky Fly 10-25-2010 03:30 PM

Roxer is the king of sarcasm.

Also the king of the beavers.

Loose Cannon 10-25-2010 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Instant Classic (Post 3296200)
You could clearly see him blading himself.

lol, made me laugh

Reavant 10-26-2010 08:20 AM

i dont think brock gassed out at all... im pretty sure he just couldnt control his motor functions anymore

Reavant 10-26-2010 08:22 AM

he also got hit behind the ears a t least once and that will make you wobble and give you that gassed look, but really your body just cant control itself

NoJabbaNoBogRoll 10-26-2010 09:01 AM

When he went spinning across the cage and Rogan said "Brock looks exhausted", I was thinking "No, he doesn't. He looks like he just got hurt badly".

Brock's problem seems to be that his technique disappears when he gets wobbled. Hopefully he can overcome that with more training, and keep his mind clear when he's hurt.

El Capitano Gatisto 10-26-2010 09:38 AM

No, he actually did look exhausted. For me he didn't have that uneven gait people get from a hard smack to the head, which is why I felt he looked tired. I didn't see any serious, jarring hits to the head either which would cause him to be wobbly. He genuinely looked shattered, which may have come from panic.

NoJabbaNoBogRoll 10-26-2010 09:41 AM

The reverse angle showed a really nasty shot to the chin, just before he went dancing.

Reavant 10-26-2010 05:16 PM

he got hit behind the ears watch it again

The Mask 10-27-2010 11:56 AM

he did kinda go balls out right at the beginning and judging by his total lack of technique when getting punched i wouldn't be surprised if he held his breath while getting whaled on.

alvarado52 10-27-2010 06:31 PM

Just my two pesos here, but i think he got a good smack behind the ear, which threw off his balance and sent him wobbling. I think he was abit gassed as well.

The real reason he lost is because, like stated earlier, when shit hits the fan he just forgets any and all technique and rolls into a ball.

I also never liked the fact that when he throws a punch he looks like he closes his eyes and tucks away his head.

Reavant 10-27-2010 06:42 PM

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/3610/brockcain.gif
http://www5.pic-upload.de/24.10.10/lxxlquuuyd3.gif
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4EG7dbkrryE?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4EG7dbkrryE?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Reavant 10-27-2010 06:46 PM

its there for you all to see again

lesnar clips himself coming in for the takedown that sent him spinning across the cage

Reavant 10-27-2010 06:48 PM

again... just because joe rogan says something in commentary doesnt mean thats whats going on

Reavant 10-27-2010 06:49 PM

he wasnt tired... he was delirious/afraid to get hit anymore

Krimzon7 10-27-2010 08:08 PM

Again, when Reavant discusses something MMA related...he's right.

Savio 10-27-2010 08:41 PM

does look like he got hit in the back of the head

El Capitano Gatisto 10-28-2010 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reavant (Post 3299738)
again... just because joe rogan says something in commentary doesnt mean thats whats going on

I was thinking it before Joe Rogan said it. And it looks like the knee in the gifs that takes it out of him, the knee is sending him to the ground.

At around 2 minutes on the time in that video, when I was watching that fight, I thought Lesnar looked tired. He tried the takedown, it's stuffed, then they are swinging again and Lesnar looks laboured and tired. I don't think he was in brilliant shape for that fight, for whatever reason. He came out quick early on but he looks gassed after 2 minutes. About 30 seconds later Cain takes Lesnar down with basically no trouble whatsoever and from then on the fight is over because Lesnar is never really able to defend himself properly.

RP 10-28-2010 09:06 AM

I honestly thought Lesnar was in serious trouble when he had Valesquez's back and took him to the ground an Cain popped right back up. Right then i thought ok, Lesnar should be able to keep this guy. Lesnar just didnt look as powerful as usual. And that knee to the face was vicious ( my mistake, thought it was to the stomach the way he went down ).

El Capitano Gatisto 10-28-2010 09:29 AM

I don't think the knee landed on his face, looks to me like it caught it in the ribs. I think you were right first time, just a bit higher up.

Ol Dirty Dastard 10-28-2010 09:49 AM

What it comes down to is Brock performed badly and executed an awful strategy, against a fucking mauler like Cain Velasquez. You can't have such a bush league approach against the cream of the crop, or they'll make you pay. If he was more patient things could have turned out differently, probably not tho... but now it's back to the drawing board and I feel like we'll see a much better Brock Lesnar next time out.

He needs to go to a new camp though.

Also, I don't see JDS having a hope in hell in consistantly being able to stop Cain Velasquez's takedowns. He hasn't fought a legit wrestler yet, so i don't like his chances.

The Mask 10-28-2010 12:54 PM

it's kind of weird JDS has been pushed straight to the title shot. he fought roy nelson who fair enough as i guess he's upper mid carder to use wrestling terminology, but i think he should have had to fight one of the bigger fighters like mir or carwin or big nog or something. do him and big nog train together? i don't even know. i guess he beat werdum though.

i would kind of like to see him fight cheick kongo, they seem to match well in that it would be a stand up war. and then if kongo loses he can be fucked off foreverrrr.

Reavant 10-28-2010 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Capitano Gatisto (Post 3300334)
I was thinking it before Joe Rogan said it. And it looks like the knee in the gifs that takes it out of him, the knee is sending him to the ground.

At around 2 minutes on the time in that video, when I was watching that fight, I thought Lesnar looked tired. He tried the takedown, it's stuffed, then they are swinging again and Lesnar looks laboured and tired. I don't think he was in brilliant shape for that fight, for whatever reason. He came out quick early on but he looks gassed after 2 minutes. About 30 seconds later Cain takes Lesnar down with basically no trouble whatsoever and from then on the fight is over because Lesnar is never really able to defend himself properly.

if lesnar gets hit in any way he gets rattled it seems... when he came in hard right off the bat, it looked like cain hit some vicious uppercuts and hooks in the clinch also once cain sprung back up, Id say the labored appearance was more disappointment

Reavant 10-28-2010 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Mask (Post 3300530)
it's kind of weird JDS has been pushed straight to the title shot. he fought roy nelson who fair enough as i guess he's upper mid carder to use wrestling terminology, but i think he should have had to fight one of the bigger fighters like mir or carwin or big nog or something. do him and big nog train together? i don't even know. i guess he beat werdum though.

i would kind of like to see him fight cheick kongo, they seem to match well in that it would be a stand up war. and then if kongo loses he can be fucked off foreverrrr.

yea once werdum beat fedor, they said jds's next match would be a contender match.

Stickman 10-31-2010 12:01 PM

Why is this a sticky?