TPWW Forums

TPWW Forums (https://www.tpwwforums.com/index.php)
-   sports forum (https://www.tpwwforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   How awesome would it be if Jerry Rice went to SF next year (https://www.tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?t=1136)

road doggy dogg 12-18-2003 08:45 PM

How awesome would it be if Jerry Rice went to SF next year

Since it's almost guaranteed that TO is out. Rice said he doesn't want to retire on such a bad note after this season, so he'll likely play next year. The way Oakland collapsed this year, it's doubtful they'll keep all the older guys around.

With TO gone, does anyone think they'd try and take Rice back for one more season?

KingofOldSchool 12-18-2003 08:50 PM

I wished Rice I would've stayed in San Fran, but I would love to see Rice retire as a 9er.

KleptoKlown 12-18-2003 08:51 PM

Bring back Montana for one more game and have him and rice hook up a couple more time :'(

Jesus Shuttlesworth 12-18-2003 09:26 PM

Nah Ill think he will retire some where else other then San Fran just like Montana did

The Outlaw 12-18-2003 10:18 PM

That would be pretty cool.

MoRcHeEbA 12-18-2003 10:57 PM

I bet he'll go to Philly or Atlanta next year if he doesn't stay in oakland.

BCWWF 12-18-2003 11:31 PM

Yeah, I dont see him going back to San Fran, especially if he's trying to go out on a high note. I'm sure he will do a sort of farewell tour next year, but god knows where?

The Miz 12-19-2003 08:22 PM

either way, LOL @ 49ers

Crimson 12-19-2003 08:42 PM

I'm more interested in where T.O and Keyshawn will end up.

Kris P Lettus 12-19-2003 08:59 PM

T.O. leaving the Niners??

I haven't heard this.. Any back story or link or summat??

MoRcHeEbA 12-19-2003 09:00 PM

he wants the money, San Fran don't got it.

MoRcHeEbA 12-19-2003 09:01 PM

they also appearently tried to trade him to washington back before the deadling for gardner, but they also wanted a draft pick so washington told them to stick it up their asses.

road doggy dogg 12-19-2003 09:41 PM

I was reading it on Sportsline or summat, it was just a little tidbit, not a full-blown article :o

If I find an article on it I'll post it. They HAVE been trying to trade him for a while though, that's no real secret

MoRcHeEbA 12-19-2003 09:48 PM

well up untill week 6 they tried :p

Jesus Shuttlesworth 12-20-2003 05:32 PM

Rice is going to end up in Phillllllllly

Lotus 12-20-2003 07:18 PM

Man, I hope Jerry stays with the Raiders. He still has some goodness left in him.

YOUR Hero 12-20-2003 07:32 PM

NFL is a screwed up game as far as player rights are concerned. I see him going to a contender next year if he has any say in it.

loopydate 12-20-2003 07:43 PM

Hey, Jerry. Come to Detroit! It's cold, and...um...Millen will be gone soon!

Yashamaga 12-20-2003 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BCWWF
I'm sure he will do a sort of farewell tour next year, but god knows where?

wheres a better place than Minnesota?

MoRcHeEbA 12-20-2003 10:04 PM

Minnesota isn't actually a bad spot for him. I doubt he will be there but he would fit nicely opposite of Moss

Jesus Shuttlesworth 12-21-2003 02:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOUR Hero
NFL is a screwed up game as far as player rights are concerned. I see him going to a contender next year if he has any say in it.

Yea I guess

Football is different though, you really can't afford to hang on to the same guys forever and stuff like in Basketball and Baseball.

Most players aren't that hard to replace(Obviously you can't really replace a Superstar star with a Superstar but football is a team sport) people break down, etc. Teams feel like they don't owe you anything and I mean why should they? You are getting paid a lot of money (even though they make less then baseball and basketball...2 sports that are less physically demanding..it still is a shitload of money) to play a sport Look at the Cowboys for example...Emitt Smith just was not going to work out in the backfield..he would have just ended up being a distraction IMO

Some people are exceptions though, like Jerry Rice, his skills really did not decrease but maybe the SF front office decided it was time to move on and they probably thought they could not get any furter with Rice and needed a change. Football is a different game and loyalitly can't really factor in a teams decisions of releasing because if it did then they would fall behind. Maybe just loose a little of an advantage..but you know they say "Football is a game of inches."

Jesus Shuttlesworth 12-21-2003 02:27 AM

Why do you guys constantly post shit about Minnesota when BCWWF posts something

It's retarded...the ONLY time I've seen him go over board about Minnesota is when he posted who thought should have won gold gloves.

But maybe its me and I just don't understand your HILARIOUS jokes :-\

Jesus Shuttlesworth 12-21-2003 02:28 AM

I mean I really don't care if you make fun of him or not haha but you guys just look like assholes making fun of him for something that he really doesn't do.

Its like making fun of a skinny person for being fat....it just looks dumb

road doggy dogg 12-21-2003 07:01 AM

What, nobody was making fun of Minnesota here :rant:

The Vikings have always had a problem with a #2 receiver, so feasibly I guess he would be a good fit there. I dunno though, it would be weird to see him there. :o

MoRcHeEbA 12-21-2003 07:37 AM

they didnt have a problem with a number 2 reciever with Carter and Moss. Those were the days :(

road doggy dogg 12-21-2003 08:06 AM

Haha oh yeah, forgot about him :o:o:o

Ok well in the past two years they've had problems with a #2 receiver :shifty:

Yashamaga 12-21-2003 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sTiMa34
Why do you guys constantly post shit about Minnesota when BCWWF posts something

haha see all my posts when rdd and Cheeba replies.

Y2Ant 12-21-2003 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yashamaga

Yeah but you are a retard though.

Yashamaga 12-21-2003 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Y2Ant
Yeah but you are a retard though.

can you blow me after you're done doing tony?

MoRcHeEbA 12-21-2003 05:05 PM

you make no sense yash, you asked a question and people responded to it. :roll: good call.

BCWWF 12-21-2003 05:27 PM

I dont know, I think Minnesota would have the cap room to sign him, but I dont think they would. Kelly Campbell isnt bad and the rookie Nate Burleson looks promising. I mean it could'nt hurt, but I dont think they would want to add Rice to their young team.

Also I hear that Moss is actually a really good leader and is very respected in the clubhouse, so Rice wouldn't really fill that role.

road doggy dogg 12-21-2003 05:40 PM

Quote:

Uh-oh, the Heyman/YOUR Hero hybrid insult

Jesus Shuttlesworth 12-21-2003 08:36 PM

Quote:

Yea but you deserve it

its like they are making fun of both of you for being fat(just an example haha), but BCWWF isn't fat and you are. That's what it is like.

Yashamaga 12-21-2003 08:54 PM

lol he talks about MN even more than I talk about Boston

road doggy dogg 12-21-2003 09:02 PM

What are you talking about Stima, I never said anything about Minnesota to BCWWF

Or if I did, it was more me not liking them because I'm a Packers fan, not because he always posts about them.

Jesus Shuttlesworth 12-21-2003 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by road doggy dogg
What are you talking about Stima, I never said anything about Minnesota to BCWWF

Or if I did, it was more me not liking them because I'm a Packers fan, not because he always posts about them.

Nahhhhh not in this thread

I don't remember you say anything anyways, mostly dumbasses like Wadding and Yash I think haha

DegenerationY 12-23-2003 03:13 AM

I honestly don't see the Niners wanting Rice back. They let him go for a reason, and for that same reason, he will not be back. The next time you see him in a 49er jersey will be when he enters the hall of fame. Personally, I just hope he retires now that the season is over. His body is just deteriorating, and at a rapid pace. It would be embarassing for him to continue playing as he has this past season.

However, the Niners could do what they did for Ronnie Lott (at least i think it was Lott...), when they signed him to a one-day contract so that he could retire as a 49er. That would be real nice. I believe they did the same type thing with Montana as well.

The Outlaw 12-23-2003 03:04 PM

He's still putting up numbers. Not as good as in the past, but you gotta look at his age and the team he's on.

He's definately not retiring though.

Y2Ant 12-23-2003 06:36 PM

Quote:

If you had a cock, perhaps :$

road doggy dogg 12-23-2003 06:50 PM

Yeah just look at the Monday night game, he got 150 yards there easily... coulda had a bunch more but Oakland was getting NOTHING done.