TPWW Forums

TPWW Forums (https://www.tpwwforums.com/index.php)
-   wrestling forum (https://www.tpwwforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Cool King Presents - A Last Minute Raw Thread (https://www.tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?t=120592)

Keith 08-20-2012 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by #1-wwf-fan (Post 3954307)
Is THAT enough to stop all the people still trying to say Punk isn't a heel?

Now he's a full-fledged heel.

Did it in his Bret Hart gear, too.

Awesomeness.

Damndirty 08-20-2012 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by #1-wwf-fan (Post 3954307)
Is THAT enough to stop all the people still trying to say Punk isn't a heel?

Eh, fuck Lawler!

Savio 08-20-2012 11:20 PM

This GI joe is retarded no organization would ever sign off on that war head.

Damndirty 08-20-2012 11:20 PM

Honestly, thought the last few minutes of Raw gotta kinda snoozy until Lawler got kicked. Does this make me less a wrestling fan?

MisterLee 08-20-2012 11:21 PM

That makes CM Punk an even further face in my opinion..Lawler sucks at commentating and that's what he gets for it. lol

SlickyTrickyDamon 08-20-2012 11:21 PM

Lawler's had that coming for a long time. That face loving propaganda machine. Let's Go Ziggler chants weren't just Vickie.

Savio 08-20-2012 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Damndirty (Post 3954313)
Eh, fuck Lawler!

Yeah infact i would say punk had a face turn tonight.

Keith 08-20-2012 11:22 PM

LOL can you imagine if Jerry Lawler was the one who all of a sudden turned heel?

Damndirty 08-20-2012 11:26 PM

Lawler is good at being an annoying heel, and good at being an annoying face that noone cares for. Love the guy outside of commentating, though.

el bobbo 08-20-2012 11:26 PM

I actually enjoyed most of this Raw. Chock it up to a good PPV the night before, or chock it up to the fact I was drinking and making stuff in Photoshop for 3 hour and 15 minutes...

Nonetheless, it was entertaining.

Cool King 08-20-2012 11:30 PM

Punk did have a point about Lawler being a "Propaganda Machine".

http://i.imgur.com/WF2aS.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/zbeC7.jpg

Damndirty 08-20-2012 11:37 PM

Lawler is under the impression that he is the WWE Universe. Totally the Joseph Goebbels of wrestling!

Lock Jaw 08-21-2012 12:29 AM

CM Punk should have announced the #1 Contender to be El Dandy.

Keith 08-21-2012 12:32 AM

It's crazy WWE won't have JR weekly, yet Jerry Lawler has stuck around so many years.

Vince must respect him or something. But I really think his time is up.

His time has been up for quite a while, actually.

Supreme Olajuwon 08-21-2012 12:43 AM

Loved that Chris Jericho storyline wise was just fired FOREVER. One of the greatest in the history of the industry will never be on WWE tv ever again.

So naturally they sell the seriousness of the situation by having Cole and King put over a fucking movie trailer.

Supreme Olajuwon 08-21-2012 12:46 AM

Also somebody else brought up showing the Rock and Cena match ad right after Punk kicked Lawler.

Like just an ounce of foresight would tell even the dimmest person those are bad ideas.

Supreme Olajuwon 08-21-2012 12:47 AM

Unless they use the ad next week in Punk's story.

The Jericho thing irks me though.

Keith 08-21-2012 12:49 AM

Yeah, Triple H gets a tribute of still pictures, and Jericho gets a movie promo as he's walking up the ramp.

We're never going to see Chris Jericho wrestle again, since he's been fired by the WWE, and this is how he gets to go out.

Thanks for nothing, WWE.

Team Sheep 08-21-2012 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supreme Olajuwon (Post 3954370)
Loved that Chris Jericho storyline wise was just fired FOREVER. One of the greatest in the history of the industry will never be on WWE tv ever again.

So naturally they sell the seriousness of the situation by having Cole and King put over a fucking movie trailer.

That whole Jericho stuff was stupid. "Hey well done you won last night at Summerslam. Your career is on the line tonight." They could have just done an injury angle or something instead of having one of their top guys "fired forever" and then have nobody give a fuck.

Lock Jaw 08-21-2012 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supreme Olajuwon (Post 3954370)

Yeah. I have a feeling the guys in the production truck realized it. Cole threw to the trailer, but then it was like "Wait guys.... this seems to be really emotional or something. Let's stay on Jericho a bit longer............................................ Ok. Now roll the trailer or otherwise the throw was too long ago."

Lock Jaw 08-21-2012 12:55 AM

How many times has Jericho been fired on RAW now? I think he's had a few "fired from WWE" and then a few "Fired from RAW (Go directly to Smackdown)" matches. Automatically loses them all.

Droford 08-21-2012 01:05 AM

The gig with Jericho is we all know he'll be back. Just like the last 352 times he was "fired"

Droford 08-21-2012 01:08 AM

Oh, and did anyone think punk would name lawler #1...aj next week would dsrve which pisses lawler off..blah blah blah..

Keith 08-21-2012 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Droford (Post 3954391)
The gig with Jericho is we all know he'll be back. Just like the last 352 times he was "fired"

Jericho won't be back. His contract was terminated, brah.

And Brock Lesnar quit. And he said he will never return.

Damndirty 08-21-2012 01:12 AM

I really like Punk to be like this. I think his next full face turn, if given time (no instant turn), he will skyrocket to popularity to the height he's been wanting.

#1-norm-fan 08-21-2012 01:12 AM

They should have gone with an injury angle. The casual waste of the moment after he lost though was indeed abysmal.

Lock Jaw 08-21-2012 01:18 AM

Killer promo by Cena tonight. Kind of "schooled" Punk.

Emperor Smeat 08-21-2012 01:25 AM

Its not that surprising considering any time Jericho's been fired or leaves, it ends up with him loosing and then something occurring like being dragged out of the ring or simply ignored. I think the only time he got an actual moment was the last time he was on tv before his recent run.

Also seems really bad considering earlier in the night Triple H got a nice farewell moment even if he wasn't on tv or the several times Cena has made farewell moments in the past two years only to reappear the following week.

Damndirty 08-21-2012 01:40 AM

All I can say is that I wasn't impressed with Raw tonight, which is bad considering it came right after a PPV. I used to never be unimpressed back in my first days watching it. Now it gives me a headache trying to make sense of the buffoonery. I'm gonna try and give TNA some support and hope they can be a good alternative (and that's alot I'd have to be hoping for with them).

Fignuts 08-21-2012 03:40 AM

Anyone who thinks that was jerichos last match ever needs their head examined. H doesnt need a huge goodbye moment for another fozzy break. If jericho retires hes having his last match at mania.

Fignuts 08-21-2012 03:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lock Jaw (Post 3954400)
Killer promo by Cena tonight. Kind of "schooled" Punk.

The best part about this angle is that feuding with punk always brings the best out in cena both in ring and on the mic.

#1-norm-fan 08-21-2012 04:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fignuts (Post 3954437)
Anyone who thinks that was jerichos last match ever needs their head examined. H doesnt need a huge goodbye moment for another fozzy break. If jericho retires hes having his last match at mania.

I think people were speaking in sarcastic/kayfabe terms as far as "Jericho's last match ever". Kayfabe-wise Jericho coming off a big win at SummerSlam and then the next night his career with WWE is over just like that is a HUGE deal and it was treated like he'll just be back next week. It was a waste. If you're gonna go with the fired angle to write him off, why wouldn't you milk it for drama? Even a little bit?

Cool King 08-21-2012 06:10 AM

I don't get why Jericho's contract had to be on the line.

Why not just explain his absence with an injury. He's already got taped up ribs.

Ziggler could have wanted a rematch to prove that SummerSlam was a fluke. During the match, Ziggler could have really worked on the ribs and Jericho is pretty much defeated. Ziggler attempts to hit Jericho with the briefcase when the ref is occupied with Vickie, but Jericho ducks and rolls Ziggler up for the win.

Ziggler is absolutely pissed and attacks Jericho as the ref raises his arm. Then Ziggler just kicks the living shit out of Jericho around ringside, focusing mainly on his ribs. Finally, he hits Jericho with a ZigZag, but on a steel chair. Ziggler walks away proclaiming to be great and so on. His usual stuff. Both Ziggler and Vickie leave with a chorus of boos as Jericho receives urgent medical attention.

Ziggler looks like a badass and a threat to the World Heavyweight Champion, especially when he's pissed off, and Jericho has an explanation for taking a long time off. It could also lead to a Ziggler/Jericho match for the World Heavyweight Championship somewhere down the line, when Jericho makes a surprise return.

Shisen Kopf 08-21-2012 06:55 AM

I rank this Raw 589/1003

Innovator 08-21-2012 07:54 AM

CM Punk ‏@CMPunk
I did it for Andy Kaufman.

Cool King 08-21-2012 08:05 AM

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8...o8bo1_1280.jpg

Cool King 08-21-2012 08:05 AM

I didn't make that, by the way.

Big Vic 08-21-2012 08:25 AM

Instead of the stupid idea of having AJ make the stip they could have just had y2j and zig talking trash and make it themselves. It would make sense because THEY would have made this match the real big one. There was no reason for AJ to say "oh yeah Chris if you lose tonight your fired".

DAMN iNATOR 08-21-2012 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Innovator (Post 3954198)
Kaitlyn has music? Alright

Yep, and it's called "Spin the Bottle"...
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/-A13mG6QjNM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Also, wish we could've seen a little bit more of an exuberant celebration out of Kaitlyn considering it's her first ever shot at the title. Maybe if she actually wins it at NoC (OK, so they haven't said that's when it's taking place, but, yeah...it is.), we'll see a better celebration.

Volare 08-21-2012 12:44 PM

I'm not high just for the record.

The divas battle royal wasn't that bad.