TPWW Forums

TPWW Forums (https://www.tpwwforums.com/index.php)
-   entertainment forum (https://www.tpwwforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Godsmack: New Album, "IV" Release Date (https://www.tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?t=41967)

D Mac 02-15-2006 02:33 AM

Godsmack: New Album, "IV" Release Date

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/...ease_date.html

Godsmack have set an April 25 release date for their new album, "IV". The album's first single, "Speak", will be released to radio on Tuesday, February 14.

In a recent interview with MTV.com, Godsmack frontman Sully Erna had the following to say about the follow-up to 2003's "Faceless": "It's a killer record, and I'm really curious to see what the public's going to think of it. It's still Godsmack — I don't think it's lost the integrity of what Godsmack has built our career off. The toughness of the sound is still there. But we've expanded a little bit more. After 'Faceless', we started to spread our wings a bit and reintroduce guitar solos and stuff like that. The acoustic record [2004's 'The Other Side'] was a departure and it was very well received. It opened up a new audience for us — a lot more adults were coming to the shows, bringing their kids and having a glass of wine. That gave us a permission slip to take it to the next level.

"It will perk people's eyebrows up again," he added. "The first couple of records were kind of the same record, in a sense. They were sort of bordering that metal sound and then the third record had more rock mixed into it. ['The Other Side'] really softened up the sound. This one is more rock and roll, and some songs are very epic, in a Tool [-ish] sense. Some songs are like old-school Godsmack, like 'Bad Religion'. It's going to service the core fans and introduce some new music to those fans. It's also going to recruit a bigger and broader audience, because the songwriting has matured so much."

You can also listen to "Speak" on Godsmack's official website: http://www.godsmack.com/news/news.asp?item=14720

RGWhat316 02-15-2006 03:02 AM

Damn, gotta wait until April? I think Godsmack freakin rocks and already heard the new track "Speak". Should be another good outing by the boys.

Blitz 02-15-2006 03:50 AM

Eh, Godsmack always sounded a little generic to me.

Skippord 02-15-2006 03:58 AM

Sully Erna?

I like Godsmack though

D Mac 02-16-2006 01:21 AM

I don't care what anybody says, they are awesome live, and I will fight anybody that says otherwise. :mad:

alvarado52 02-16-2006 12:00 PM

isnt that the name of Stainds recent album?

Kane Knight 02-16-2006 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skippord
Sully Erna?

Yeah, Some guy. I think he was the drummer for Meliah Rage or something.

Kane Knight 02-16-2006 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alvarado52
isnt that the name of like 30 records in the last 10 years??

alvarado52 02-16-2006 07:13 PM

YES! ive been KK'd

Skippord 02-16-2006 07:47 PM

I've been KKK'd so many times I've invented the Skip'd

D Mac 02-17-2006 12:50 AM

Quote:

YES! ive been KK'd

Where's mine? :(

Kane Knight 02-17-2006 04:43 PM

Right Here...On TPWW! *Cheap pop*

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diesel Mac
I don't care what anybody says, they called it IV because Sully's back to abusing drugs

I dunno, there wasn't much to mess with in this thread. ;)

Never seen them live, but they had some good songs. The second record was generic as shit, but Faceless had enough good tracks to restore my faith in them.

Sully actually was the drummer for Meliah Rage (In the latter days of the band) BTW.

BTW, Paul Geary's now part of a management firm on the West coast (Living near his Extreme buddies, oddly enough), so any clue who their drummer is now?

Lateralus 02-17-2006 05:10 PM

Every Godsmack fan needs to see this website that I can't find right now. It plays the chorus of every Godsmack song ever recorded, unedited.

The bastard yells "away" in every single chorus. I'm not exaggerating. It's the most unimaginative, bland, shitty music.

Kane Knight 02-17-2006 05:52 PM

Well, that should be easy.

I mean, to see this website you can't show us.

Lateralus 02-18-2006 01:05 AM

Clearly, one doesn't need to see a novelty website to know they suck, though.

D Mac 02-18-2006 01:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lateralus
Every Godsmack fan needs to see this website that I can't find right now. It plays the chorus of every Godsmack song ever recorded, unedited.

The bastard yells "away" in every single chorus. I'm not exaggerating. It's the most unimaginative, bland, shitty music.

We can hear thier songs unedited without having to go to said website.

Yeah they use it alot on thier debut album but they've grown since then.

D Mac 02-18-2006 01:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kane Knight
I dunno, there wasn't much to mess with in this thread. ;)

Never seen them live, but they had some good songs. The second record was generic as shit, but Faceless had enough good tracks to restore my faith in them.

Sully actually was the drummer for Meliah Rage (In the latter days of the band) BTW.

BTW, Paul Geary's now part of a management firm on the West coast (Living near his Extreme buddies, oddly enough), so any clue who their drummer is now?

Their new drummer: Shannon Larkin, a friend of Sully's for 15 years, formerly of Wrathchild America, AMEN and Ugly Kid Joe.

And The Other Side accoustic album was great too.

D Mac 02-18-2006 05:09 PM

Quote:

isnt that the name of Stainds recent album?

A little late but I just read that Staind's album is called "Chapter V".

Skippord 02-18-2006 10:20 PM

Their best song is "I Fucking Hate You"

Kane Knight 02-18-2006 10:36 PM

Their best song is...That one...

Okay, most of GS' work runs together for me, but still.

Skippord 02-18-2006 10:46 PM

Oh shit or VooDoo

JiM PolPot v.W.o. 02-19-2006 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diesel Mac
I don't care what anybody says, they are awesome live, and I will fight anybody that says otherwise. :mad:

I saw them at Rockfest but was too stoned and drunk to remember if they were any good.

Blitz 02-20-2006 02:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skippord
Oh shit or VooDoo

God I fucking hate Voodoo. One of the worst songs I've ever heard. :mad:

Best song is prolly Whatever.

D Mac 02-20-2006 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blitz
God I fucking hate Voodoo. One of the worst songs I've ever heard. :mad:

You did'nt just say that, TELL ME you did'nt just say that!

Skippord 02-20-2006 10:47 AM

They played that song at the Bowling alley I was at alll fucking night and I marked out