TPWW Forums

TPWW Forums (https://www.tpwwforums.com/index.php)
-   entertainment forum (https://www.tpwwforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Heroes Chapter 5: Redemption (https://www.tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?t=92734)

What Would Kevin Do? 07-29-2009 10:20 PM

Heroes Chapter 5: Redemption

First trailer peeps.

<object id="flashObj" width="486" height="412" classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=9,0,47,0"><param name="movie" value="http://c.brightcove.com/services/viewer/federated_f9/6555681001?isVid=1&publisherID=769341148" /><param name="bgcolor" value="#FFFFFF" /><param name="flashVars" value="videoId=31031641001&playerID=6555681001&domain=embed&" /><param name="base" value="http://admin.brightcove.com" /><param name="seamlesstabbing" value="false" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="swLiveConnect" value="true" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><embed src="http://c.brightcove.com/services/viewer/federated_f9/6555681001?isVid=1&publisherID=769341148" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" flashVars="videoId=31031641001&playerID=6555681001&domain=embed&" base="http://admin.brightcove.com" name="flashObj" width="486" height="412" seamlesstabbing="false" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true" swLiveConnect="true" allowScriptAccess="always" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"></embed></object>

Jura 07-29-2009 10:38 PM

Seems really different but maybe the feeling is just limited to the trailer and watching the show will still feel like Heroes. I like how the baby is genuinely scared at the end.

Corporate CockSnogger 07-30-2009 06:15 AM

Robert Knepper!!!!! :love:

YOUR Hero 07-30-2009 10:06 AM

I hope the show regains it's original 'magic'

parkmania 07-30-2009 02:25 PM

Why won't the trailer show for me?!?!?!?!?

Splaya 07-30-2009 02:31 PM

Looks dark as hell

Jon Kano 07-31-2009 09:08 AM

Yeah I agree, got a bit of darkness to it....

I love Heroes, I really do, but there are various aspects of each season since the first one that either has really sucked, ruined it, or I have simply not enjoyed.

Peter.....he really should have his mimicy powers, I thought that was awesome to have that counter any great heel the show ever created, it was just him, it was part of his character, to manage and control those powers.

Mohinder....hopefully he is killed.

Not to sure how I feel about the whole Sylar/Nathan thing, I don't like what happened to Nathan in the last season, and I don't like the fact Sylar's appearances will be limited this season.

But I like the season theme, the arrival of this carnival group headed by former Fox River inmate T-Bag.

Overall, I'm looking forward to it but still wary.

What Would Kevin Do? 08-02-2009 02:16 PM

I like Peter better this way because he's not broken. Peter was way too fucking powerful the way he was originally, and being that powerful in a show like this only works if you turn evil. Since they obviously aren't willing to turn Peter evil, and they want to stick with his naive " I want to help the world" bullshit, he needs to be toned way down.

Jura 08-02-2009 02:32 PM

There's nothing wrong with wanting to help the world Kevin.

Jon Kano 08-02-2009 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by What Would Kevin Do? (Post 2655685)
I like Peter better this way because he's not broken. Peter was way too fucking powerful the way he was originally, and being that powerful in a show like this only works if you turn evil. Since they obviously aren't willing to turn Peter evil, and they want to stick with his naive " I want to help the world" bullshit, he needs to be toned way down.

I get what you're saying, and it does work, its just Sylar has had multiple powers in different ways in numerous seasons. I guess I just like the idea of the writers exploring the idea of how someone good can handle absolute power. And part of Peter being so powerful would be how he goes about handling all those powers.

It could go either way though, if he find someone who has the same mimicy powers as he did, he could get that power back.

Jura 09-14-2009 04:11 AM

Seven days remaining.

Corporate CockSnogger 09-14-2009 04:07 PM

Not excited at all. Even though I guarantee I will be watching every episode.

I'm just hopelessly waiting for it to get back to the quality it was at in series 1.

Requiem 09-14-2009 04:16 PM

can't believe this show is still going. it started to get pretty shitty

Dave Youell 09-14-2009 04:55 PM

The last season was rubbish, I'll give this one 5 eps and see how it goes

Corporate CockSnogger 09-14-2009 04:58 PM

Seriously though. Robert Knepper gives me hope. Even if the majority of the main characters bore the shit out of me now.

Splaya 09-15-2009 12:43 PM

Like to be honest, I will watch the premiere and judge from there. Odds i will just be watching it on nbc.com the next day though

RoXer 09-21-2009 10:56 PM

wtf guitar hero product placement

What Would Kevin Do? 09-21-2009 11:49 PM

Watched it, and I definitely enjoyed it. There seems to be a lot more focus this season thus far. If they can keep from doing stupid shit (aka last season's Eclipse episode), this may be good.

Also, spoilers for later in the season...

SPOILER: show
I'm really looking forward to Hiro's bucket list, especially when he goes back in time to save Charlie from Sylar.

Splaya 09-22-2009 12:38 PM

I think it's been a long time since we've had an episode like this. I also loved the preview for next week.

Buzzkill 09-22-2009 01:33 PM

*internet equivalent of fart noise*

XL 09-23-2009 10:24 AM

Is this back up and running with a new series then!? Wonder when it'll be shown over here. Don't think I can be arsed to find decent streams this time round.

Corporate CockSnogger 09-23-2009 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XL (Post 2734124)
Is this back up and running with a new series then!? Wonder when it'll be shown over here. Don't think I can be arsed to find decent streams this time round.

Megavideo. No "finding" necessary really.

RoXer 09-23-2009 03:54 PM

The chick from Californication who got naked and was riding David Duchuvney's cock and then punched him while orgasaming is the one who pushed Claire's roommate out of the window in order to get rid of her so that she can move in with Claire because she has a gigantic lesbian crush on her and is madly obsessed with her and then later on in the season the two of them will do some scissor dancing.

Calling it now.

What Would Kevin Do? 09-23-2009 04:35 PM

I'm also thinking she may be working for the Carnival, and have powers of her own. After all, they were talking to someone about "Isolating" her.

Jura 09-24-2009 12:27 AM

The last three faces on the girl's back was a woman which I can't really tell if it's Tracey or Claire, Sylar and then Peter. They'll probably have a hard time finding Sylar since he looks like Nathan now.

CSL 09-24-2009 04:36 PM

Twas Claire

Jon Kano 09-24-2009 08:34 PM

FUCKING LOVED IT.

Can't really be bothered to speculate on too much right now but, a few notes...

- Still want Peter to get his real full power back. I'm hoping he finally meets with Nathan and makes contact with him, and at least he'll get all of Sylars/most of his powers back.

- Loved the scene where Sylar was in Matt's support group, 'Hi my name is Sylar...etc' LOL

- Simply loved the intro to the new season.

MAIN GOOD POINT - I am a big fan of Ray Park aka Darth Maul aka Toad aka Edgar - And I'm glad to see he has what looks like a fairly decent role.

Canny wait!!!

Splaya 09-24-2009 10:35 PM

See I think its interesting. Look back at the time of the future, when Claire was the leader of a group of people and she was "dark". I really hope that this is the route that they take with her now. They need to isolate her from everyone to brainwash her or something.

Jon Kano 09-24-2009 10:58 PM

That future is now null and void, although she could still go 'dark' in another capacity.

Jura 09-24-2009 11:31 PM

Some things we saw in the "future" in past seasons has happened even if that future has is gone now For example in the future Sylar was disguised as Nathan as the President. Now he is Nathan. There are other examples but right now I can think because i have a lot on my mind but yeah the way Heroes is it seems like there's always a chance for the a few select things we saw in the alternate futures to still happen or at least play out and take a different path.

Jon Kano 09-25-2009 08:25 AM

OH yeah that is right, but what I mean is that exact future is not on the cards anymore.

parkmania 09-29-2009 04:11 PM

So what's the story with the deaf lady? Is she gonna end up being able to turn light into sound?

And why doesn't Parkman trap Sylar inside a corner of his (Parkman's) mind like his did his dad?

Corporate CockSnogger 09-30-2009 12:51 PM

So apparently there's rumours of a Claire lesbian storyline.

Jon Kano 09-30-2009 03:31 PM

Better not be with 'retchin gretchin', she's a dog.

CSL 09-30-2009 04:02 PM

She's 'dressing down' for the character. Watch seasons 1 or 2 of Californication (or even just the first 5 minutes of the pilot) and tell me she's a dog

RoXer 09-30-2009 07:54 PM

Nah, he's right. She's not hot.

Jura 11-05-2009 07:44 PM

So we will finally get to see what's up with Mohinder and where he's been.

Jon Kano 11-05-2009 09:45 PM

IF you watch the lastest episode, 'Once Upon A Time in Texas..' you will see what has indeed gone on for Mohinder.

I'm not gonna lie for shit, but Mohinder Suresh is one of the worst, most annoying characters I have had the misfortune of seeing in a television show. He just pisses me off, so much.

This weeks episode, for me was seriously the worst episode of Heroes I have EVER seen. First off, Hiro, who gives a fuck now?..really? seriously? I mean he hasn't been as impressive or decent since season one. Ando as well, they do my fuckin' head in. Kill them off, or better yet just Ando, and finally start injecting some of that future badass Hiro into the series.

Not only is the episode all about Hiro the prick, but also are they THAT much out of ideas that were going back to an episode/time in season 1?!? - come on.

I wanna see more Edgar (Ray Park), more Peter and faster development in storyline really. I dunno.

Jura 11-06-2009 12:18 AM

I think a lot of people wanted them to go back and revisit the Charlie/Hiro thing. I think this thing with HRG is getting pretty interesting. I do like Heroes the best when they focus on Peter but I miss Nathan. I have a hunch things are gonna pick up really fast maybe around episodes 11/12/13.

I just read the description for the next episode and I guess they are not going to show what happens with Mohinder. It's going back to Claire/Peter/Matt.

Jon Kano 11-06-2009 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jura (Post 2801928)
I think a lot of people wanted them to go back and revisit the Charlie/Hiro thing.

For a third time? really?