View Single Post
Old 01-12-2008, 11:27 PM   #627
Savio
Spammy Certified

Savio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Savio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Savio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Savio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Savio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Savio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Savio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Savio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Savio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Savio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Savio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Savio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Savio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
continued
Quote:
Kirby
- He is stronger than he was in Melee
- His up air is weaker
- His dash attack is the spin from his YoYo ability [I'm sure someone knows what he is referring to]
- Can no longer escape from his back throw anymore.
- His final smash not only sucks in enemies, but it sucks in nearby items as well. And when there are alot of the a single item that are sucked in, they can come out as the same item [I don't quite understand what he's saying here].

Mario's tornado is now down air.

On December 27th, 2007 the Japan-Only Everybody's Nintendo Wii Channel posted up two new videos (not Brawl specific).
This is one of them: http://www.revver.com/video/588006/e...trailer-dec27/
It contains only about 8 seconds of Brawl footage which I believe is just recycled.

[b]This is unconfirmed information but probably true. We need somebody on the Japanese forums to confirm this:

Quote:
Birdo — Shoots eggs at an opponent. Pretty standard Assist Trophy. Oh, and he's fully rendered; it's not a 2D sprite like the Melee stage hazard.

Tingle — Like the Nintendog or Mr. Resetti, Tingle doesn't inflinct any actual damage; he just stands there and does a little dance while shouting "Tingle-Tingle, Kooloo-Limpah," then disappears. I like to think of him as the Goldeen of the Assist Trophies.

Raiden — I'm not a big fan of the Metal Gear Solid series, but I think this is Raiden (he's the guy with the white hair, right?) He just attacks with a sword before disappearing. Didn't seem very interesting to me.

Anyway, those are all of the new ATs I've seen. A friend at the event claimed to have seen Kumatora and Duster from MOTHER 3, but take that as you will. I'll vouche for his credibility, though.

As for Poké Balls... to be honest, I never cared for Pokémon, so I had NO idea who most of them were. I recognized a lot from Melee, and saw some from the site, as well as a few new ones. I can't name any of them, but rest assured, I know who Lucario is, and I didn't see him in a Poké Ball.

There were a couple items that weren't on the site, but I'm pretty sure they've been mentioned. I'll describe them anyway:

Deku Nut — Just throw this at an opponent and they'll be stunned for a few seconds.

"WARIO IMPRESSIONS

I can't say much about Wario since I've only played as him once. I did notice, however, that his "classic" costume wasn't available in the demo. The DOJO!! update actually came as a surprise to me since I didn't expect costumes to be left out of the demo.

I immediately noticed that his animation has been fixed. His movement is no longer choppy, as seen in some of the older video footage. There are still some 'quirks' to certain animations, but they're definitely more manageable than the original frame (or lack thereof) issue. He's pretty slow and sluggish, but really powerful. He was enjoyable in the two minutes I spent playing as him. His standard special move is a "Bite"; with it, you can "eat" an opponent and spit them out by pressing the special move button again (reminds me of Yoshi's Egg Lay). What's most interesting is that I was able to "eat" projectiles... if you eat a projectile without pressing the special move button again, Wario will eventually absorb it and recover a bit of health. You can also press the special move button to spit the projectile back out at your opponent. Really versatile move. His up special move, which I don't know the name of, is some sort of spinny-cyclone jump attack. I've never played any of Wario's games, so I'm not sure what this is from, but it's fairly standard. Reminds me of a slower Mario Tornado... sort of.

KIRBY IMPRESSIONS

I didn't actually get the chance to use Kirby, as I don't much care for his games, but I've had the opportunity to watch other people use him.

He appeared to play the same as he did in Melee, but I noticed that he was able to swallow some of the items and gain abilities from them. The only item I got to see him suck up was the Fire Flower, which enabled Kirby to spit fire out (pretty identical to his Bowser hat in Melee). I was told that not all items can be swallowed for special abilities, though. "