Thread: MMA Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2008, 06:30 PM   #3101
Rob
Part time poster

Rob has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Rob has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Rob has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Rob has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Rob has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Rob has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Rob has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Rob has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Rob has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Rob has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loose Cannon View Post
I have to agree with RP to an extent on the argument. Most fans who pay for a UFC PPV, or any sports PPV with a card for that matter, pay most of thier money to see the main event. It's always been like that. The main event is the main attraction and that's the fight most fans are paying to see. All the UFC fans that I know that pay for the PPV's rarely know most of the undercard fighters, but understand they'll get 2 or 3 nice fights out of it every time. The main event is almost always the meat and potatoes and I can understand why people would be dissapointed with the PPV, even if the undercard had some nice fights.

The Last impression stays with you the most.
Nobody is saying that the main event isn't the draw. That isn't what you are paying the fee for though.

You don't buy a packet of a Starburst just for one flavour even if the Strawberry ones are awesome. When you go to the movies and the film is shit, you don't demand your money back.

And EVERYONE knows the risk beforehand of a fight being shit or some circumstance happening to ruin a show.