View Single Post
Old 03-10-2009, 11:51 AM   #56
Outsider
Just Some Guy

Outsider has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Outsider has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Outsider has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Outsider has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Outsider has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Outsider has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Outsider has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Outsider has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Outsider has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Outsider has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Outsider has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Class Act Carl View Post
Between all the recent news, the fact that these new episodes seem to have some kind of meta-fiction element, the fact that Doug Naylor seems intent on developing and adding to the Red Dwarf mythos rather than churning out a standalone story which could have fitted into a previous series, and some stunning looking photographs around the 'net of costumes, sets, locations.... all my worries about teeny weeny budgets, low production values and a lame effort have been 100% alleviated.

This is not a glorified clipshow. This is not the characters sitting in a cheap imitation set, churning out fanboy references and resurrecting tired old alter egos and running gags.

This is brand new Red Dwarf, a decade later, with new characters, new twists, fantastic sets and according to all sources, brimming with hilarious gags and gripping storylines.

Plus, Red Dwarf is following the recent trends of televised comedy and rather than play it safe and go back to the 'tried and tested' formula of old, this mini-series will NOT be filmed in front of an audience and will NOT have a laughter track. And it is the first British television show ever to be filmed on Red One cameras. (Some kind of super duper HD, I understand).

All indications are that on April 10th, we won't be witnessing an embarrassing retread through some 'old favourites'. We Red Dwarf fans will be getting something new, unique and very special.

Thank you, channel Dave!
All Hail Dave! All Hail Dave! All Hail Dave!

If Dave can get some new Blackadder, then I will marry it.
Outsider is offline   Reply With Quote