View Single Post
Old 05-06-2009, 02:22 AM   #110
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by .44 Magdalene View Post
Nah. Power Rangers was sort of a turtle on its back, and it's amazing that it struggled for as long as it did. If anybody else gets a hankering for sentai action, I'd like to see someone start up an original, purely American sentai series, not just cop a feel off the Jap series like we have been. I'd love to see a very serious, well budgeted and thoroughly written American sentai series.
That would be incredible. With the current fascination in superheroes and televisions shows with supernatural arcs (like Supernatural, Heroes, Lost, etc.) I could very easily see a massive nerd fan of the show in its prime penning some sort of sentai idea (maybe even calling it "Sentai") about a group of people bestowed with powers that they can switch on and off.

Give them adult problems to face, with occasionally one of the sentai team going off and using their powers for evil, and create a tongue-in-cheek drama that pays homage to the concept.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote