View Single Post
Old 07-01-2009, 01:30 AM   #350
Blitz
Angel Headed Hipster

Blitz makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Blitz makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Blitz makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Blitz makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Blitz makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Blitz makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Blitz makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Blitz makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Blitz makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Blitz makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Blitz makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Blitz makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Blitz makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
It kinda sucked. I liked the first one a lot better. This one was wayyyyyyy too long. The light comedy touches from the first one were way overdone here, with the Witwickys in particular being turned into full on hyperactive caricatures.

The acting was...suitable, I suppose. No one goes to a movie like this for nuance. I like Shia LeBeouf, but he's held hostage by a script that doesn't require him so much to act as exist in a state of perpetual panic, which gets annoying. Megan Fox does what is asked of her, which is basically to look hot.

The robot fights were cool, seemed a lot more intricate than the first one. I wanted more of Devestator, The Fallen, and Sideswipe, who I felt had the best designs. But there were way too many bots for me to follow. Feels like they fell victim to Mortal Kombat: Annihilation Syndrome, in which they try to jam in as many characters as they can, resulting in most of them being given short shrift.

Jetfire was probably my favourite part of the whole flick. Really like the idea of the older Autobots, hope it gets explored more in the next sequel. On the flip side, I wanted to murder Mudflap and Skids the second the showed up on screen. I can't believe they actually gave a robot a monkey face and gold tooth. I damn near gave a standing ovation when the one of them got sucked up by Devestator. Then the bastard came back.

It's like a 4/10 for me. The robot battles were cool, everything else, not so much.
Blitz is offline   Reply With Quote