View Single Post
Old 01-16-2010, 10:07 PM   #149
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Okay, Xero, I owe you an apology. I just read this:

Conan O'Brien isn't the only person affected by NBC's decisions. Sources are saying that his staff on The Tonight Show are all livid and feel "betrayed" because Conan did not accept NBC's offer to move the show to 12:05AM, thus costing everyone their job.

"They all uprooted their lives and their families' lives to move to LA for him, and now they feel like they have simply been forgotten," said the source.

"There are 200 people losing their jobs while he walks off with a payoff worth $30 million. The mood on set and backstage is dismal."

The show's producers have said that there's been "no discussion over severance," while Conan is telling his staffers he "simply doesn't know what will happen."

Many of the staff moved to LA to work on the show when Conan took over.

Sounds like there are stresses. I trust that Conan will do his best to either take them with him, or make sure they get some sort of payment. Part of me is wishing that Conan would have eventually accepted the move back. He could have looked at himself as the first man to have done it, and then he could have moved back when Leno fell flat on his ass. But Conan is a smart guy -- he knows that if he fucks over his staff (which is not in the man's character, anyhow), he will lose A LOT of the good-will he has built-up over this situation.

Last edited by Mr. Nerfect; 01-16-2010 at 10:15 PM.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote